DVNT (deviant) (RWBY OC story)

By GrimstoneRX1300

Two grandsons of Sparda, a daughter of a witch, and a descendant of the God of War. These four are Beacon's... More

Characters (Updated)
PROLOGUE: DETERMINATION
PROLOGUE: VENGANCE
PROLOGUE: NEMESIS
PROLOGUE: TRIUMPHENT
Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET
Chapter 3: FIRST DAY
Chapter 4: FASHION AND SYMMETRY
Chapter 5: A FACE FROM THE PAST
Chapter 6: JÖTUNHEIM
Chapter 7: THE CHILD
Chapter 8: THE RETURN (Vol. 1 end)
Chapter 9: ADJUSTING BACK
Chapter 10: THE STRAY
Chapter 11: WITCHES AND FAUNUS
Chapter 12: TEAM DUAL
Chapter 13: INFO GATHER
Chapter 14: THE WOLF'S SEMBLANCE
Chapter 15: DANCE, DANCE
Chapter 16: FIELD TRIP
Chapter 17: BEST OF THE BEST (Vol. 2 end)
Chapter 18: VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT
Chapter 19: FATE FAMILY BRAWL
Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED
Chapter 21: FALL
Chapter 22: BATTLE FOR BEACON
Chapter 23: THE NEW GOD OF WAR (Vol. 3 end)
Chapter 24: BROKEN (NEMESIS)
Chapter 25: BROKEN (VENGEANCE)
Chapter 26: BROKEN (TRIUMPH)
Chapter 27: BROKEN (DETERMINATION)
Chapter 28: FAMILY
Chapter 29: REUNIONS AND LESSONS
Chapter 30: A MUCH NEEDED TALK
Chapter 31: ECHOES OF AN OLD LIFE
Chapter 32: NO SAVE HAVEN (Vol. 4 end)
Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN
Chapter 34: DREAD IN THE AIR
Chapter 35 LIGHTING THE FIRE
Chapter 36: KNOWN BY ITS SONG
Chapter 37: REST AND RESOLUTIONS
Chapter 38: ALONE TOGETHER
Chapter 39: TRUE COLORS
Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER
Chapter 41: ANGELS SCREAM
Chapter 42: DEVILS CRY (Vol. 5 end)
Chapter 43: ARGUS LIMITED
Chapter 44: UNCOVERED
Chapter 45: ALONE IN THE WOODS
Chapter 46: THE SPARDA TWINS
Chapter 47: A NEW PLAN
Chapter 48: STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY
Chapter 49: SEEING RED
Chapter 50: OUR WAY (Vol. 6 end)
Chapter 51: THE GREATEST KINGDOM
Chapter 52: A NEW APPROACH
Chapter 53: THE OP TEAM
Chapter 54: AN UNEXPECTED REUNION
Chapter 55: TEAM DUAL REVISED
Chapter 56: A NIGHT OFF
Chapter 57: WORST CASE SCENARIO
Chapter 58: CORDIALLY INVITED
Chapter 59: OUT IN THE OPEN
CHAPTER 60: THE ENEMY WE TRUST (Vol. 7 end)
Chapter 61: DIVIDE
Chapter 62: REFUGE
Chapter 63: STRINGS
Chapter 64: FAULT
Chapter 65: MEMORIES
Chapter 66: REUNION
Chapter 67: WAR
Chapter 68: DARK
Chapter 69: WITCH
Chapter 70: ULTIMATUM
Chapter 71: RISK
Chapter 72: CREATION
Chapter 73: WORTHY
Chapter 74: THE FINAL WORD (Vol. 8 end)
OVA: ORIGINS
Chapter 75: A PLACE OF PARTICULAR CONCERN
Chapter 76: ALTERCATION AT THE AUSPICIOUS AUCTION
Chapter 77: A WORD WITH FATE
Chapter 78: A CAT MOST CURIOUS
Chapter 79: THE PARFAIT PREDICAMENT
Chapter 80: THE DRAGON AND THE KNIGHT
Chapter 81: PERILS OF PAPER HOUSES
Chapter 82: TEA AMIDST TERRIBLE TROUBLE
Chapter 83: THE TREE OF ASCENSION
Chapter 84: CYCLE OF CORRUPTION
Chapter 85: DVNT VS RWBY
Chapter 86: THE NIGHTMARE ENDS (Vol. 9 end)

Chapter 2: INITIATION OF LIMBO

2.1K 26 14
By GrimstoneRX1300

Picking up where we left off, the scene shows a bird flying in the sky. Then, it gets hit by a red blur. It's Dean, falling in the sky and heading straight towards the woods. He then smirks, pulls out his dual guns and uses the "Gunslinger" style to spin his body while shooting bullets to slow his impact. It works and he lands with no problems.

Vali does something different and it's the Yamato, quickly cuts through reality, and opens a portal that takes him to the ground.

Nikki does the same thing Dean did, but towards the end, summons Karasu and uses him to float down to the ground.

Týra activities her shield on uses it to break her decent. She then dive rolls after  retracting it and stands up and dusts herself off.

Everyone makes their landings and Dean is running through the woods, wondering who to be with.

Dean's Thoughts: alright, now to find a partner. Let's see, what are my options? There's Vali, though he's pretty much a grinch. But, he did say we could find out more about ourselves. Nikki's good, I don't know about her OCD pet. Týra might be a good choice, but I don't know much about her. Plus, she could easily kill me with little force. Coco or Velvet's nice, but I don't know what they'll fight with. Wait, come to think of it, what are their weapons?

His thoughts were interrupted by almost running into someone. Acting on pure instinct, the two clash swords and they lock blades to see that Dean was fighting Vali.

Dean: (grins) hi.

Vali: that's an interesting sword you're carrying. If it wasn't for your reaction time, I might've killed you.

Dean: (both stand down) what would you have to gain from that?

Vali: nothing, but peace and silence from you. Regardless, now that we're paired, let's make haste to the temple.

Dean: works for me. (Dismisses sword) by the way, even if you killed me, I'd haunt you and become friends with you. I'm gonna enjoy these next four years.

Vali: (sighs) lord, give me strength to not cut this idiot's head off.

Meanwhile, in another part of the woods, Nikki was dealing with Grimm. She fired her guns and shredded a few, but she then decided to change it up. She summons a whip with magenta energy and attacks.

Nikki: these things aren't Fallen Angels, but they're quite annoying.

She's distracted by dealing with the ones in front of her, that she doesn't notice one coming from behind, until the Leviathan Axe strikes it in the head and sends it flying. Nikki then sees the Axe return back to Týra's hands before she changes to a spear with purple energy.

Nikki: thanks.

Týra: thank me after we kill them.

Nikki: (summons Ravenge) now, get to work!

The demon spawns and together, the two girls were able to destroy the remaining Grimm. Nikki dismisses her guns and demon while Tyra dismisses the spear.

Nikki: guess we're partners, now. I'm Nikki.

Týra: my name's Týra. Come, the path's this way.

Back at the cliff, Glynda shows a camera feed of Nikki and Týra making their way to the temple. She also shows the pairs with Coco and Fox, and Velvet and Yatsuhashi.

Glynda: our last pairs have been teamed up with. It'll be interesting on how Ms. Tanaka and Ms. Jötum work together. Though, the one I'm most concern with is Mr. Redgrave and Mr. Branwen. I swear, those two might kill each other before they arrive to the temple. Speaking of which, at their current course, they should be arriving very soon.

Ozpin: are the cameras equipped with the latest programming we have?

Glynda: yes, but I don't see why we'd need it. Do you believe that they'll encounter any of those here?

Ozpin: one can never be too certain. Especially since four of these students possess powerful semblances that could change the war for us all.

Back with the teams, the walk with Dean and Vali has mostly been quite, but Dean decided to try to start a conversation.

Dean: so, where you from?

Vali:...

Dean: you said you don't know your birth parents. So, who raised you?

Vali:...

Dean: did you suddenly lost your ability to talk?

Vali: why are you asking about my personal life?

Dean: you said that if I find you on the initiation, we'd find out more about each other. So, how about we do this; I ask you one question, and you can ask me one.

Vali: if it gets you to shut up, very well.

Dean: there! Now we're making progress! Anyways, how about answering my first question?

Vali: I was raised in the Branwen Tribe. We all look about for each order, but the leader herself trained me the most.

Dean: nice. So, what do you want to know about me?

Vali: who trained you?

Dean: my aunts. I was mostly raised by my older cousin, Nero, and his wife, Kyrie. Their good people. Anyways, Trish and Lady taught me everything I know, and one day, my Devil Sword just appeared. They said it was my father's.

Vali: I see.

Dean: have you fought more than Grimm?

Vali: yes. No more questions.

Dean: alright.

They then saw that demons arrived to attack. Both boys summon their weapons and Dean decided to play some music.

(Cue Devil Trigger)

Dean: this'll be fun!

Vali: is music really necessary?

Dean: hell yeah!

The Grimm then charged and the two engaged. They sliced through them and alternated with their weapons. Now, they're using Balrog and Beowulf and used various melee attacks. Vali summons his swords in various styles that fired in different directions, and even acted as a saw blade and a rain storm. Dean then uses his semblance and sends them in the air. He and Vali then smirk, Dean switched to his guns, gave Oblivion to Vali the two jumped in the air and began firing.

(To visualize the rest of this, imagine the opening to Devil May Cry 5 and the music plays out for the rest of it)

(End music)

After the semblance fades, the two land on the ground, Vali hands the black gun back to Dean and he holsters both and the two resume their walk and the demons fell before fading away.

Dean: that was fun. We make a good team.

Vali: I'll admit, you hold potential. Guess your aunts taught you well.

They then make it to a clearing where they saw Velvet and Yatsuhashi.

Velvet: Dean! Vali!

Dean: hey! Good to see you guys. Where's the others?

Yatsuhashi: we're not sure. But, we're close to the temple.

True to his word, they see the ruins of a temple and a bunch of pedestals. On them, were cards of various symbols and shown to have different meanings. As they landed on the ground, they heard roaring, and saw Coco and Fox sending a Grimm flying past them and landing a few yards before it exploded.

Coco: good to see you guys are still alive.

Vali: we're still missing two.

Fox: I'm sure they're alright.

Speaking of which, they then heard flying and they looked up to see a Nevermore. Taking a closer look, they saw it was Týra and Nikki holding on to it.

Karasu: this is insane!

Nikki: we're fine! Besides, it was Týra's idea.

Týra: I see the ruins. We'll have to jump!

Karasu: what!? Hell no!

Nikki: too late!

The two then jump. As they were falling, Nikki creates a demon arm that stretches out to the ground and the two ride it down right next to the others.

Nikki: hello, loves.

Dean: nice entrance, you two.

Coco: now that we're all here, let's get the relics and head back.

While they went to grab the relics, (CFVY got the Queen of Diamonds while DVNT got the King of Hearts) Tyra was looking around suspiciously.

Vali: what is it?

Týra: something's not right. There should be more Grimm, but there aren't.

Fox: she's right. Where are they?

Then then heard laughing and they turned to see and giant snake like plant creature make its way towards them. They all got out of the way and it stops, opened it's mouth and shows a woman inside it.

Echidna: eight victims for my children. I'll enjoy eating all of you. Especially you, sons of Dante!

Dean: I think you need to count. There's only one son.

Velvet: I think she's talking about you and Vali.

Vali: We're not related.

Týra: you both look the same.

Nikki: not to mention, you have similar styles. After this, you should do a DNA test.

Coco: would explain on why you two are good looking.

Karasu: a sexual relationship with three people at once is not symmetrical!

Nikki: ew! That was something none of us needed to hear!

Dean: is he OCD about everything being off balance?

Karasu: of course I am! If the whole world was symmetrical, it'd be perfect! But, of course, everything has to be out of order. Your clothes and heights for instance. At least our demon, here, has perfect symmetry.

Echidna: (irritated) ENOUGH!!!!

Dean: now we pissed it off.

Echidna: I've grown tired of your idiocy! Now, I'll drag you all into hell with me!

The environment then began to change and next thing they knew, all of them were dragged into Limbo.

Dean: back here again.

Vali: been a while since I've been here.

Dean: (sees everyone with him) huh? What are you guys doing here!?

Coco: what is this?

Velvet: is this part of the initiation?

Týra: we've been dragged into Limbo. It's a realm that exists outside of our own. Here, demons, fallen angels, and dragur are stronger here.

Dean: you've been here before?

Týra: a few times.

Vali: doesn't matter. We need to get outta here, now.

Fox: how do we escape?

Nikki: two options; kill whatever brought us here, or someone on the other side creates a gateway to bring us back.

Karasu: yes. But, since the teachers will least likely help us, we'll have to fight our way out.

Coco: works for me.

Together, the group makes their way to a cliff area where more ruins were placed. Aside from the demon, there was the Nevermore from before. While they fight, Dean sees Velvet taking pictures with her camera, and after fighting one enemy, he poses as a French girl after Velvet takes the picture.

Dean: (puts on an accent) lovely, darling.

Velvet: (blushes a bit) t-thank you, Dean.

Coco: let's hurry you guys!

Coco then activates her mini-gun and began firing powerful bullets. While Yatsu pulls out his giant sword and Fox uses his tonfas, Velvet triggers her semblance and creates a light replica of Dean's sword.

Dean: woah! You replicated my weapon?

Velvet: it's my semblance: photo memory. I can replicate people's weapons and fighting styles with light dust.

Vali: impressive.

Velvet: unfortunately, they don't last long, and the dust is expensive.

Nikki: we'll have to fix that. (Draws her guns) let's kill these.

They then broke off into two teams. CFVY fought the Nevermore, while DVNT was dealing with the demon. They all alternated with their weapons, semblance and other various attacks. A little later in the fight, Dean looses his sword, and the demon takes the opportunity to throw the sword at him and stab him right in the chest, pinning him to the cliff.

Everyone: DEAN!

Echidna: now, for the second son!

She then goes for Vali. He attacks back, but then sees Coco and Yatsuhashi about to get attacked by the Nevermore's feathers. Since they're recovering from Dean's death, they didn't see them coming. He then gets flashbacks of Adrian and Jericho's deaths.

Vali: no. Not again!

He quickly pushes them aside, but takes the attack and gets killed.

Coco: VALI!

Nikki: damnit!

Týra: we need to take cover!

While they did that, unknown to them, Dean and Vali's amulets were glowing. Then, Dean's sword split down the middle with an orange blade in between the blade. It then flies out and Dean lands on the ground and catches the sword. Vali has a similar thing, but the feathers are evaporated and he stands up.

Fox: (sees them) what the hell?

Týra: I'm sensing a powerful magic from them.

Nikki: what kind of magic?

Echidna: what!? No matter. I'll kill you both again, and then feed on these humans!

Dean and Vali: (opens their eyes to glowing black and red eyes)(angered) FUCK YOU!!!

In an explosion of energy, the two change and have transformed into red and blue demons. These were their Devil Triggers.

Vali's blue and Dean's red.

Everyone: WOAH!

Echidna: (now scared) w-what? T-that's impossible!

Dean DT: (sees his form) this is new.

Vali DT: agreed.

Nikki: Dean, Vali, you guys there?

Dean DT: yep. I have an idea! Nikki, Týra, help Vali and I deal with this plant bitch. The rest of you, take care of the overgrown turkey in the sky.

Despite his appearance, everyone listens to him and they attacked. Coco gave his group instructions on what to do, and they were able to take down the Nevermore. Dean and Vali's attacks increased and started shredding through the demon.

Nikki: time to bring back up. Awaken!

She snaps her fingers and her hair changes to a golden blonde. From the ground, a pentagram shows and a gain at demon emerges from it. This was Madama Butterfly.

Týra also activates her Spartan Rage and all four went ballistic. When it was done, they began to return to the real world, but not before the demon gives one last warning.

Echidna: we have your scent now, grandsons of Sparda, as well as the witch and the Ghost of Sparta. More will come, and you will die!

Dean: then we'll be expecting them. (Demon fades)(checks on the others) you guys ok?

Nikki: (cleans her glasses and puts them on) never went there with multiple people before. You guys are good.

Týra: yes. And, it would seem that you two have a lot more in common than you thought.

They then see the others approach them.

Vali: that was a close call. Are you four alright?

Coco: never had something like that before, but we're good.

Velvet: what about you two?

Dean: well, we're alive, so that's good. But, are guys... well...

Yatsuhashi: (understand what he's referring too) you both saved us. It doesn't matter of your forms.

Dean: (surprised) really?

Fox: really really.

Coco: you kidding? That was an awesome power! With more practice with that, you two could really be something with that.

Velvet: besides, you're both still yourselves. Even in those forms.

Both boys were genuinely surprised. Dean couldn't help but laugh a bit, and Vali actually cracked a small smile.

Dean: (sees the smile) hey! You can smile!

Vali: (back to normal expression) shut up.

Everyone laughs at this, and there was no denying that these two were brothers. With the threat stopped, they made their way to the rendezvous point and competed the initiation.

*BEACON*

The moment of truth came and everyone was seeing who's going to be paired. Ozpin gives the teams, until he come down to the final two teams.

Ozpin: Coco Adel, Velvet Scarlatina, Yatsuhashi Daichi, and Fox Alistair. You four collected the Queen of Diamond cards. From this day forth, you will be known as Team CFVY (coffee), led by Coco Adel.

Everyone claps and they all congratulate Coco. The last four people come up to receive the news.

Ozpin: Dean Redgrave, Nikki Tanaka, Vali Branwen, and Týra Jötum. You four not only recovered the King of Heart cards, but also looked out and kept your fellow classmates safe from other dangerous forces. These show the true traits of a huntsmen. So, from this day forth, you will be known as Team DVNT (deviant), led by Dean Redgrave.

Dean: me?

Ozpin: congratulations, young man.

Nikki: (pats Dean on the back) nice, boss.

Týra: (simply nods in agreement)

Vali didn't show it, but a part of him was disappointed. But, regardless of that, he kept quite and simply accepted.

Ozpin: looks like things are shaping up to be an interesting year for Beacon.

Author's note: the team has been formed!
Sorry this took a little while. I'm jumping back and fourth with this story and KH3 Dragon War. I'll probably at least get to volume two in this, and then put it on break while I work more on KH3.
Devil Trigger has entered the chat. Dean and Vali will learn more about their new power later on, and get better at it.
I mentioned in the Nemesis prologue that Nikki's semblance is basically V's powers. So, think of Madama Butterfly as her Nightmare summon. This requires a lot of aura and drains it quickly. Luckily, with her witch blood, it can recharge good when need to.
For the weapons, here's our main four's other weapons;

Dean's:

Vali's

Nikki's

Tyra's

They'll receive more in the future, but for now, this is there crazy arsenal.
By the end of the first volume, they'll be meeting Teams RWBY and JNPR.

Next chapter: tension between brothers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 392 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...
2.8K 68 10
The newly formed Team RNJR; made up of Ruby Rose, Nora Valkyrie, Jaune Arc, and Lie Ren; along with Kai Blaze, journey through the continent of Anim...
259K 3.8K 44
(title says it all!) Disclaimer:I don't own anything here!
4.7K 56 31
After the defeat of Cinder Fall during the Battle of Beacon, Jaune and Pyrrha find each other struggling to continue their relationship after the eve...