I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

By Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... More

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Four ½-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼
-Chapter 10-

-Chapter Seven-

131 7 8
By Obsessively_nerdy

~And what came before won't count anymore, or matter. Can we try
that?~

T.W: Suicide attempt

(Yeah... we've still got some angst. B u t this will end in fluff. Promise.)

      Michael bit back a sob, shaking his head and looking away from Evan.

"Evan... please. Just... just leave," he begged quietly.

"N-no! You're being ridiculous! I'm not going to leave you. Put the pills down, Micha."

      Michael winced. This was going to be difficult, but he had his mind made up. He wasn't going to let the acorn talk him out of this.

"Evan. My mind is made up, okay? I don't want you to watch me do this, so leave."

"Why? Why are you 'd-doing this?'"

"I..." he sighed. "That friend? The one that's been ignoring me? He... he said something. And I feel so useless, and I completely fucked up our relationship," he paused.

"...Michael-"

"And I have depression and anxiety. I just... I never told you and I feel awful."

"Michael-!"

"And I'm doing this, and you can't stop me," he sniffed, lifting the pills up to his mouth again. "I know you don't feel the same way I do about you, so please-"

"M-MICHAEL!!!"

      He froze. He never heard Evan yell, and the fact that he just did made him panic more. Evan crouched down shakily, picking the left over pills up and placing them into the dropped bottle as Michael lowered his hand.

"I do feel the s-same way, okay? Just... when you did that I panicked."

      Michael shook his head, backing up more against the counter.

"No. No, you're just saying that-"

      Evan sighed, stepping closer and pill bottle still in his hand.

"I'm not 'just saying that," Michael. Y-you mean the world to me, and we've only known each other for... what? Three days? I already know I-I wouldn't be alive without you. You know why. I know w-why."

      The acorn dumped the remnants of the bottle into his palm, his eyes watering as Michael's widened.

"So go ahead. Do it. I don't want you to, t-there's so much that's waiting for you here. But just know that if you do swallow those pills, I-I-" he cut himself off as his voice wavered, tear falling down his cheek. "I'll swallow some t-too."

"Evan," Michael sobbed. "You can't k-kill yourself because I-"

"I don't w-want to live without you, Michael. We're in this together, whether you like it or n-not," he sniffed, wiping the tears from his eyes. "So choose. We both die, or w-we both stay alive."

      Michael has made up his mind. He wasn't staying alive today. He was going to die.

      But then Evan came into the picture. And the light that he was trying to avoid was blinding him from the darkness. It was still there, though. He could feel it, and he knew that he didn't have a choice.

"I-I-" Michael shut himself up, putting the pills up to his mouth once more.

      Then he saw Evan do the same, and everything froze.

"W-wait!" he cried, throwing the tablets away from himself as he saw them almost touching the tree boi's lips.

      Evan blinked, placing his down on the counter and looking up at Michael.

"So you...?"

"I can't let you die," Michael gasped for breath between his cries, almost collapsing onto Evan in a hug.

      Evan (being the smol bean that he is-) instantly fell to the floor, but held onto Michael as he leaned against the wall.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so so so so sorry," Michael sobbed, crying into his shirt as he leaned his head into the acorn's shoulder.

      Evan wrapped his arms around his waist. He sniffed as he felt tears well in his eyes, but then the tears just got harder to control.

"N-no, no it's o-okay," he cried softly, squeezing around him tightly.

      Michael stayed silent except for his cries, squeezing around Evan's torso whenever second mentioned moved barely even an inch.

"I-it's okay, Micha. I'm not going anywhere."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

~~~

"Where's your hoodie, a-anyways?"

"In my room, why?"

      Michael's voice was raspy from crying so much, eyes puffy and red as they went upstairs. He grabbed Evan's hand gently, leading him up to his room. Evan flushed slightly at the action, smiling up at Michael.

"I-I don't know. It just seems like a comfort object for you."

      Michael shrugged with a nod.

"Yeah. I just couldn't wear it to where I was-"

      Evan sat Michael down on his bed, grabbing his glasses and placing them next to him. He picked up the red hoodie from the floor and pulled it over Michael's head. He helped him put it on, slipping his glasses back on his face afterwards.

       Michael flushed slightly, looking up at him with red eyes and a sniff. Evan frowned, pursing his lips and hugging Michael quickly.

"E-Ev? I'm okay, really-"

"Y-you need this and I know you do. So... hush."

      Michael sighed with a soft, sad smile, hugging back weakly and hiding his face back into his shoulder.

"Y-you don't have to, but I thought maybe, maybe you could uh... stay?"

      Evan pulled away slightly, looking down at him with a nod.

"Yeah. I-I'll stay. I can pull up a couple b-blankets and a pillow and, and sleep on the ground," he mumbled, slowly pulling away.

      Michael clutched onto his shirt.

"W-wait no," he begged softly. "I-if you're uncomfortable with it that's fine I just... need you uh... close to me."

"S-so you want me to sleep right here. N-next to you."

"Y-yes...?"

      Evan chuckled, trying to ignore the flutter in his chest.

"Micha. You sound like me," he moved away from him completely, making the slushie boi's eyes water more. "Of course I-I will," he smiled, sitting next to him from the other side of the bed.

      Michael's side in relief, Evan hugging him again slowly.

"Y-you're probably exhausted, huh? M-maybe you should go to bed?" he suggested.

      Michael shrugged, obviously tired but not wanting to, and shifted. Evan sighed, taking off the other's glasses and placed them on the night stand by them.

"Michael. I'll be here w-when you wake up, and, and nothing will change. Everything i-is okay. I promise."

      The retro boi sighed with a nod, allowing Evan to lay the both of them down. The acorn pulled a pillow up and under his own head, wrapping a couple blankets around the both of them. He held around Michael tightly as he tried to avoid actually acknowledging his own 'stupid' cast, smiling and blushing as Michael laid his head against his chest.

"I-I really am sorry," he sniffed.

"Micha... don't apologize. You were at a low. It's not your fault."

"B-but you had to see me like that-"

"Michael."

      Seeing Michael like that was devastating for Evan, but also relieving, in a way. It proved that he wasn't the only one that was vulnerable at times, and... just... they both couldn't function every now and again.

"Thank you."

      It was a mere whisper, but it instantly made Evan snap back into reality.

"F-for what?"

"For just... being there for me. And... caring."

"...And thanks for finding me when I was broken," Evan whispered back.

      Michael's head perked up, eyes widening and staring at Evan with a smile as tears streamed down his cheeks again.

"You found me, too."

   Soft. That's the word Evan would use to describe Michael's lips when they collided gently.

      They really didn't even know what they were doing until their lips met, and sparks instantly flew. The kiss was desperate and passionate, but a bit timid at first. Both of the bois were honestly terrified. Evan and Michael both knew that life was going to be hard for the both of them, and they quite possibly weren't ready for all the obstacles ahead.

      The fear and sadness they were experiencing was poured into the kiss, only coming back out as love and reassurance. Michael felt like someone had his back. It was a feeling he never thought would be real, but now, he knows, it is. They both melted into each other's embrace, and Evan played with his hoodie strings.

      Evan pulled away when he felt something wet drop on his cheek, looking down at the gamer boi.

"M-Michael?"

"S-sorry. I'm just really sad. Happy. Sappy," he snickered.

      The tree boi smiled slightly, slowly and cautiously pecking his nose.

"It's alright. Seriously, Michael," he mumbled, stroking his hair.

      Michael's eyes instantly shut out of exhaustion, wrapping his arms around Evan's waist tightly with a small yawn.

"Y-you're tired," Evan chuckled.

"'M not."

"Yes."

"No."

"Y-yes."

"Noooooo."

"Yes."

"...No-"

      Evan bit back a laugh when he saw that Michael had literally talked himself to sleep. He watched the unconscious retro boi, admiring his soft snores as he still ran his fingers through his hair lightly.

"Goodnight, Micha."

1522 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5.5K 36
Boyfriends of 3 months, George begins to realise how little he truly knows about Dreams past. He is desperate to find out what was so bad that happen...
40.5K 831 22
Just another story of Davekat (Dave Strider+Karkat Vantas) Or is it..? Dave Strider, the cool, ironic, kid with shades, has to help guide one of th...
16.1K 1.1K 200
idfk what i'm doing i'm just going to put shitposts here for bmc and deh heere. MUAHAHAHAHA I KNOW THE TITLE ISNT CENTERED IN THE COVER HAHAHAHAHAH i...
1.6K 117 11
For 17-year-old high school senior Evan Brooks, life could be better. He's a social outcast at school, stuck in a rural small town he never wanted to...