ACHILLES' HEEL | KLAUS MIKAE...

By arios2004

In which there is only a single person who stuck by Klaus Mikaelson since the beginning of his chaos and madn... More

CAST
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

12

11.6K 445 143
By arios2004

ACHILLES' HEEL
— 12. Unrequited Love

     At the bar, Gloria placed three beers in front of Klaus, Annikah, and Stefan. "Where's Rebekah?" She found herself asking, an impatient look on her face.

"You needn't worry, Gloria, she'll be here soon," Annikah assured Gloria, a small smile on her face, "We can't just conjure her on demand, you know."

"Perhaps you shouldn't have dagger her in the first place," Klaus pointed out, just to annoy Annikah.

She turned to him, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "Perhaps you should have undaggered her earlier instead of waiting nine decades."

"You and I both know I did it to protect you," Klaus pointed out, earning a small sigh in defeat.

"Touche," Annikah responded quietly, a defeated look on her face as she took a large sip of her beer.

As Gloria walked away, Annikah and Klaus turned their attention to Stefan, who hadn't said a word since they went to the apartment.

Annikah smirked, knowing the reason behind it. "What's with you, Salvatore?" She playfully asked, patting him on the back, "I could've sworn Chicago was your playground."

Stefan slowly lifted his head, giving Annikah an odd look. She smiled, despite that, which concerned Stefan even more.

The desperation to know what she was up to was completely consuming him from the inside out.

"So this is why you asked me to your wingman?" Stefan snapped at the duo, clearly growing fed up with them, "Because the two of you liked the way I tortured innocent people?"

"Well, that's certainly half of it," Klaus admitted as he shrugged his shoulders, "What's the other half?"

"The other half, Stefan," Klaus paused as he poured the three of them shots, "Is that you used to want to be my wingman." He informed Stefan as he slid over a shot glass filled with whiskey.

Chicago, 1922

After sliding Klaus over a shot, the duo wasted no time downing their whiskey. "They're jealous," Stefan informed Klaus, referring to the hybrid's family, "Your family wants you and Annikah dead because they can never be what you two are."

"What? Abominations?" Klaus complained, looking down at his empty glass in shame.

"No," Stefan argued, placing a hand on Klaus' shoulder, "A King and a Queen."

Klaus slowly turned to Stefan, surprised by his words. "Huh?" He asked, the two of them beginning to laugh, "Look at us. Two said orphans."

"Yeah," Stefan argued, taking a large sip of his whiskey.

The duo turned their heads, locking eyes on Rebekah, who was speaking to a random man while her eyes were locked on her brother and Stefan.

Klaus turned to Stefan once more, speaking in a whisper. "My sister fancies you, you know," He informed Stefan, who hummed in response, "But...I should warn you, Rebekah doesn't do anything half-speed, and that includes falling in love so just be careful. She's totally mad."

The two men began to laugh before Stefan took a large sip of his glass of whiskey while Klaus gestured a bartender over. "I appreciate the advice."

"And when the point comes where she inevitably leaves you, she can't help you, it's just who she is. Don't let your heart do anything stupid." Klaus explained and Stefan simply nodded.

"And what about you?" Stefan questioned, turning his head before he gestured over to Annikah, who seemed to be flirting with some man they did not know, "You two seem close, but Annikah constantly has the need to point out that you both aren't together, as it seems."

"We're close," Klaus admitted, shrugging his shoulders. He turned his head, only to notice the look Stefan gave him, "Not like that. Trust me, I've tried. But I swear, she's blind to it. I'm starting to think she fancies my younger brother Kol."

"And you killed him," Stefan pointed out and Klaus nodded in confirmation.

"Yes, and things haven't been the same since. We're close, but we're actually not as close as we used to be because of it," Klaus explained as he looked ahead, his eyes locking on Annikah.

She locked eyes on him, sending him a small smile before looking away. Klaus sighed in defeat, turning all of his attention to Stefan once more.

"You know what, you're a good friend, Nik," Stefan spoke up, beginning to smile as he raised his shot glass in a form of a toast, "I'm glad I met you."

PRESENT DAY
CHICAGO

   Staring directly at Stefan, Klaus and Annikah continued to have their shot glasses raised while Stefan looked uneasy. "To friendship."

Stefan slowly lifted his own, cautiously clinking it with theirs. The group of three down their shots of whiskey, both Klaus and Annikah smiling.

    Later on, Stefan, Klaus, and Annikah remained at the bar, continuing to drink. As always, Stefan had many questions to ask the duo, who were hesitant to answer them.

"So I'm confused," Stefan spoke up as Klaus poured himself and Annikah a glass of whiskey, "If the three of us were such great friends, why do I only know you as the hybrid dick who sacrificed my girlfriend on an altar of fire and her..." He trailed off, gesturing to Annikah, "As the immortal witch I met in the forties who my brother had the hots for, the same one who betrayed us not to long ago for the evil hybrid dick."

"Well, all good things must come to an end, Stefan," Annikah spoke up with a grin on her face, "I dare say you know that better than anyone."

Stefan raised a brow at Annikah, wondering what she meant.

Chicago, 1922

     At Gloria's bar, Rebekah and Stefan were dancing while Klaus sat at the bar. He watched Annikah from afar as she drank with the wives of a few of the regulars at the bar. She was laughing about something and the look on her face made even Klaus smile.

She turned, noticing his eyes on her. She smiled back at him, lifting her glass up as a form of cheers. He repeated the action, both of them smiling.

    However, Annikah immediately became concerned when she suddenly felt an odd sensation run through her. It was a feeling that told her danger was near. She turned to look at Klaus, a worried look on her face. "Nik--" She began to call out and as if on cue, the police entered.

"This is the police!" The men shouted, beginning to shoot through the walls, "Chicago P.D!"

    Noticing some bullets coming straight toward Annikah, Klaus sped toward her at vampire speed. He grabbed her by the arms and protectively stepped in front of her, causing three bullets to find their way into him instead of her.

"Nik!" She cried out, grabbing him by the arm before pulling him to the ground.

He seemed practically unaffected by the bullets in him, but hissed at the feeling of one of the wooden bullets grazing against his heart.

"Turn around," She insisted and Klaus reluctantly turned so his back was facing her.

Annikah tried to dig her fingers into his back to get them, but found herself unable to reach. She sighed in defeat, looking down at her head. She groaned, forcing herself to become half turned. Soon enough, her nails began to grow into claws and with that, she used to them to take all three bullets.

She gasped, however, when she saw that the bullets were wooden. Hearing her gasp, Klaus turned to face her, only to become worried as well.

"He's here," Klaus whispered, a hint of fear appearing in both of their eyes.

Within the blink of an eye, Klaus had them both standing up. He maintained a tight grip on Annikah's arm as they both began to search for Rebekah. "Rebekah!" She called out worriedly.

"Rebekah!" Klaus called out as well, "Come on, we've got to go, sweetheart."

   Just then, Rebekah stood up from hiding behind the bar. She rushed over to where Klaus and Annikah stood, clearly piecing together who was behind the attack as they did.

"What the hell is going on?" Stefan asked and Rebekah attempted to reach out for him.

Instead, Klaus lightly pushed her forward, letting go of Annikah. "Go!" He demanded, "Take Annikah and go! I'll find you."

Annikah turned to Rebekah and shook her head. Knowing what that meant, Rebekah sighed in defeat and ran off on her own. Klaus took one last look at Annikah and sighed in frustration.

Apart of him was thankful that she refused to leave, but the other part of him hated that she was willing to put herself in harm's risk for him.

He wanted Annikah dead as he wanted Klaus dead.

"Stefan," Klaus called out as he and Annikah turned their attention to him, "I'm sorry, but the fun has to end here."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan frowned, not knowing what was going on.

    Klaus placed his hands on Stefan's shoulders as he began to compel him. "You must forget Rebekah, Annikah, and me. Until I say otherwise, you never knew us, Stefan," He explained and Stefan was forced to obey, "Thank you. I had forgotten what it was like to have a brother."

Hearing Klaus' words, Annikah felt a bit saddened, knowing she was partly at fault for his being deprived of being around one of his brothers.

With that, Klaus grabbed Annikah by the arm, just before they sped off together.

PRESENT DAY
CHICAGO

"You compelled me to forget," Stefan realized as Klaus finished his story.

"It was time Rebekah, Annikah, and I to move on," Klaus confessed, an almost saddened look on his face as he took a large sip of his whiskey, "Better to have a clean slate."

"But why?" Stefan asked, a curious look on his face, "You shouldn't have to cover your tracks. Unless you're running from someone."

Klaus turned to Stefan, his expression becoming emotionless. "Storytime's over."

Just then, Stefan turned his head, his eyes locking on Damon from a distance. When Stefan wasn't looking, Annikah had noticed as well, causing her to smirk in satisfaction.

Stefan turned to Klaus, clearly ready to lie to him. "I need another drink," He decided as he stood up from his seat, "A real one."

   Stefan and Annikah briefly locked eyes and as they did so, Annikah smirked at him and raised her glass, causing him to give her a puzzled look.

Stefan sighed in defeat, reluctantly standing up before walking out of the bar. Klaus turned to Annikah, noticing the mischievous look on her face as he poured them both another glass.

"And what are you up to, love?" Klaus found himself asking Annikah, a smile on his face.

"You'll see," Annikah responded in a calm tone, the slightest of smirks on her face, "I'm planning a trip back to Virginia soon enough, once Rebekah's alive and well. Are you in?"

"Depends what we'll be doing," Klaus responded, noticing by the look on Annikah's face, she was planning something big.

Annikah leaned closer to Klaus, smirking when she saw Damon walking toward them from afar. "You'll just have to wait and see," She whispered to him softly and gradually, Klaus began to smirk back at her.

"Last call, drink 'em up!" Gloria called out and without having to turn his head, Klaus knew that it was Damon who had taken a seat next to him.

"I see they've opened the doors to the riff raff now," Klaus spoke up, a wide grin on his face.

"Oh, honey, I've been called worse," Damon sarcastically replied, earning an amused smile from Annikah as she twirled a small umbrella made of a tooth in between her fingers.

"You don't give up, do you?" Klaus asked Damon, sounding frustrated.

"Give me my brother back..." Damon trailed off, beginning to smile, "You'll never have to see me again."

"Well, I am torn," Klaus paused, slowly taking the paper umbrella from Annikah's grasp, which caused her to give him a puzzled look, "You see, Annikah and I promised we wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so..."

Damon nodded, giving Klaus a mocking look. "What can I say?" He asked Klaus in a sarcastic tone, "I'm a thrill seeker."

Klaus smirked, turning to glance at Annikah.

   Knowing what he was about to do, Annikah sighed and shook her head in disapproval. "Don't," She whispered to him and for the first time in what felt like centuries, Klaus had defied Annikah's orders.

At vampire speed, Klaus whipped himself around, grabbing Damon in a tight chokehold with one hand.

"Here we go," Annikah muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

     Moments later, Annikah hesitantly rose from her seat as she watched Klaus lift Damon off the ground while holding him in a chokehold with one hand. Damon's feet dangled off the ground as he groaned in pain.

"Oh, dear, what was that?" Klaus asked mockingly as he heard one of Damon's bones break. He lifted his left hand, which held the umbrella. He pressed the point of the toothpick umbrella, preparing to stab Damon with it, "I'm a little boozey, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries."

Damon began to chuckle, despite struggling to breathe through the chokehold Klaus had on him. He groaned in pain, however, when Klaus stabbed him in the rib with the toothpick.

"No, that's not it," Klaus continued to torment Damon as he pulled the toothpick out of him, "Hmm."

    He stabbed him in the stomach, causing Damon to yell out in pain. "Ooh. Almost," He stated and Damon turned his head, locking eyes on Annikah.

She stood in place, an unreadable look on her face. Damon had no clue whether it meant she wanted to help him or that she didn't care.

"Don't look at her," Klaus snapped at Damon in a cold, threatening tone, "She can't help you. Even if she could, she wouldn't."

Klaus turned the toothpick while it stabbed into Damon's stomach, making it so that it was just grazing his heart.

"You want a partner in crime?" Damon managed to get out, "Forget Stefan. I'm so much more fun. Just ask Annikah."

Annikah's eyes widened in alarm, knowing that was the last thing Damon should have said at that moment.

Angered by Damon's comment, Klaus threw him across the room, causing the vampire to be thrown into a table, which broke upon impact.

Damon groaned in pain when he landed flat on the ground on his back. Klaus picked up a broken piece of wood, beginning to walk toward Damon with it. He was clearly intending to kill him, Annikah knew that better than anyone.

"You won't be any fun after you're dead," Klaus spoke up in a threatening tone.

He knelt in front of Damon, holding the point of the stake above his heart. Klaus pulled his arm back, on the verge of stabbing Damon in the heart when he found himself unable to move his arm.

He frowned in confusion, turning his head to see Annikah standing just a few feet away from him. Her right arm was lifted and her hand was balled into a tight fist. She was clearly using her magic to make him unable to move his arm.

Klaus growled under his breath, turning to look back at Damon. He tried to fight through her magic to stake Damon, but found himself unable to.

"Enough!" She roared at him, the bottles of liquor behind the counter beginning to rattle.

Just then, with the swipe of her hand, the stake went flying while Klaus was pulled up into a standing position.

He turned to Annikah, a frustrated look on his face. "Really, Ann?" He complained, earning an angry look from Annikah.

"Do you really believe I would let you kill him in the my favorite bar?" Annikah questioned Klaus with an attitude, which earning an eye roll from him, "That's Stefan's brother. There's no way I'm going to let you kill him."

Klaus sighed in defeat before finally nodding his head in agreement. Damon weakly got up, staring at Annikah in shock. He was surprised she was actually helping him.

Despite that, Annikah walked over to Damon. She used her magic to cause him to fall flat on his back once more, just before pressing the heel of her boot on his chest. "You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom, Damon," She spoke up in a calm tone, beginning to smirk sadistically, "When we're done with him, he won't want to come back."

Damon's eyes widened at Annikah's words, knowing that she knew Elena was alive. And the fact she knew that and still said such a thing about Stefan made him feel like she had something planned.

___

    That night, after the incident at the bar, Klaus and Annikah headed back to the warehouse with Stefan following close behind them.

They walked closer to Rebekah's coffin, beginning to smirk at the sight of it now being open with her not inside. They exchanged a look with each other, just before beginning to glance around for her.

"Rebekah..." Klaus called out in an almost mocking tone, "It's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are."

Just then, at vampire speed, Rebekah rushed at Klaus. She pushed him against a wall, just before stabbing him in the heart with the dagger. Klaus gasped in pain, despite knowing it wouldn't affect him like it would his siblings.

"Go to hell, Nik," Rebekah growled at Klaus lowly, causing Annikah's eyes to widen since she had expected to be the one stabbed and not Klaus.

Chicago, 1922

     At their car just a few blocks away from the bar, Klaus and Annikah were in a hurry to leave while Rebekah seemed to be just standing there.

"Hurry up, Rebekah," Klaus demanded, becoming impatient with his sister.

"Let's go," He insisted as he opened the car door for her to get in.

"He'll be here any second," Rebekah argued, continuing to look ahead as if Stefan were about to arrive.

Annikah and Klaus turned to each other, exchanging an uneasy look before moving closer to Rebekah.

"Is it your intent to die today, Rebekah?" Annikah impatiently asked the blonde original, "We've been found. We need to move quickly unless we'd like to be caught."

"Not without Stefan," Rebekah argued in a stern tone.

"Stefan's not coming," Klaus suddenly stated, causing Rebekah to turn him with a look of disbelief, "We have to disappear. He'll draw too much attention. Let him go."

"What did you two do?" Rebekah asked in concern, glancing between the duo.

She knew if Klaus was guilty of something, Annikah was as well. Every horrific deed they performed, they did it together.

"Come on," Klaus insisted as he grabbed Rebekah by the arm and began to pull her toward the car, "We don't have time for one of your tantrums."

"I don't want to run anymore, Nik!" Rebekah shouted as she roughly pulled herself out of Klaus' grasp, "All we do is run. I want to be with Stefan."

Klaus remained silent for a long moment, stunned by her words. She was willing to choose Stefan over her own family. He couldn't believe it.

"Fine," Klaus responded as Annikah walked over to the truck to get something unbeknownst to Rebekah, "Then choose. Him or Annikah and I."

There was a moment of silence between them, which gave Klaus his answer. "That's what I thought," Klaus replied as he turned and began to walk toward the truck, "Get in the trick. Let's go."

"Goodbye, Nik," Rebekah suddenly spoke up, causing Klaus to freeze in place.

He locked eyes with Annikah, both of them looking shocked as they turned to face Rebekah.

Rebekah took a deep breath, just before turning on her heel. She was on the verge of walking away, only to have Annikah now standing in front of her.

    Rebekah gasped, unable to defend herself as Annikah stabbed her in the heart with the dagger. "Wrong choice, Bekah," She whispered softly and before Rebekah's body could hit the ground, Klaus quickly caught it.

As he held Rebekah's desiccating body in his arms, Klaus turned to look at Annikah, both of them sharing a wide-eyed expression.

PRESENT DAY
CHICAGO

    After Rebekah took a step away from him, Klaus removed the dagger from his chest, giving his sister an annoyed look. He held it outwards, just before allowing it to drop to the ground with a clink.

    Rebekah watched it hit the ground and then turned to Klaus with an annoyed look. "Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me," Klaus told his sister, a small smirk on his face.

"Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more," Rebekah complained, turning to shoot Annikah a quick glare, "Oh, look at you. I see your still my brother's lapdog, even after all these years."

Annikah sighed in defeat, watching as Rebekah began to walk in the opposite direction. "I understand you're upset with me, Rebekah..." She trailed off as she and Klaus began to follow after her, "So we're going to let all of that go. Just this once."

Klaus smiled slightly, turning to look in direction that Stefan was about to be coming in. "I brought you a little peace offering. You can come in."

Rebekah turned her head, her eyes widening in utter disbelief at the sight of Stefan walking in. However, despite that, he didn't recognize Rebekah due to the compulsion.

"Stefan..." Rebekah trailed off, her eyes widening in shock.

Klaus slowly walked closer to Stefan, placing a hand on the vampire's shoulder. "Now you remember."

"Rebekah," Stefan stated, his eyes widening as everything came back to him all at once.

"Stefan," Klaus called out, causing Stefan to stop walking to turn to face him.

"I remember you. We were friends," Stefan realized, his eyes wide.

"We are friends," Klaus corrected him, his hand placed on Stefan's shoulder. With that, he turned to Rebekah, a calm expression on his face, "And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me that you know how to contact the Original Witch."

"The Original Witch?" Rebekah questioned, a confused look on her face.

"What do you have that Gloria needs?" Klaus asked and instinctively, Rebekah's hand went to touch her neck, only to find that her necklace was no longer there.

"Where's my necklace?" She desperately asked, beginning to panic, "What did you do to it? I never take it off!"

"I don't know," Klaus responded, giving Rebekah a weird look, "I didn't touch it."

"I didn't either," Annikah responded, but instead of looking at the duo, she stared directly at Stefan.

Stefan slowly turned to her, an uneasy look on his face. They both knew that Elena now had the necklace.

"We need to find it," Rebekah demanded in a desperate tone, "Now, Nik. I want it back!"

Angered, Klaus roughly grabbed Rebekah by the arms and began to shake her. "Tell me that's not what she needs!" He shouted at her furiously.

Rebekah pulled away from Klaus, moving toward her coffin. She began to search through it frantically and after not finding it there, she screamed out in rage as she flipped the entire thing over.

Annikah stood in place, an unreadable look on her face as she watched the whole scene occur.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

In the flashback Klaus said, "Trust me, I've tried" 👀👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 239 12
TVD SEASON 2 TO TBD KLAUS MIKAELSON X OC
865K 20.4K 143
- โ๐š ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ง๐จ ๐ก๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ง๐ โž โœจ๐Ÿบ โ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ค. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ...
81.7K 1.3K 44
Else Mikaelson is the twin sister of Klaus Mikaelson, the big bad wolf himself. Else finds herself in a situation that should have been impossible. F...
566K 21K 45
๐œ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ | โ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐œ๐จ๐ซ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ข ๐›๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ ๐๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ž๐๐ฒ ๐š๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐œ๐ž? โž...