Becoming His

By Littlebirdie51914

Alena is a different girl. She has never experienced true love. She was always taught that love was a lie and... More

Hi Readers
Matthew
Emma's Cafe
Mr.Daniels
The Characters
Bali
1st Week in Bali
2nd Week in Bali
3rd Week in Bali
Back to the Usual
Dior
Dinner Disaster
Night Over
Mistakes
Game On
One Step Ahead
Changes
Mothers Visit
Confrontation
Brother??
Run In
Christian
Just Fun, thats All
Life Changing
Ready to Jump
Spiraling
Torn...
Seattle
Apologies..
Scotts Mother
Dior Troubles Again
Destruction
Fate
Engagement
Scotts Father
Dinah
Mia
Past
Wedding Bells
Honeymoon
first born...
Ansel
The End of a Lifetime
Authors Note

The Start...

5K 122 4
By Littlebirdie51914

The routine every morning was to wake up at 6am but after the night I've had, I ended up waking up late. I wake up at 6am every morning.
I look over at the time and I noticed that it was 6:50am. I sighed as I realize that this is something my boss wouldn't let slip away.

When you work at a big company that helps the people in the world. You are always busy. I'm a personal assistant for my boss, Mr. Daniels. I have been working there for 4 years and he can be an asshole at times.

I have experienced a lot of his problems such as his love life that he doesn't have. He feels dating is overrated and boring. So he sleeps with a different woman here and there.

It's weird especially when I have to help these women get over him. Why is that even my job? Like honestly I don't need 2 hours of my time being wasted by a female who feels "heartbroken over him".

I get up quickly and move faster. Today he has a meeting with another company at 8am. I am usually supposed to be there at 7am on time. So now I need to rush as fast as I can.

I take a shower and then brush my teeth. I put on my clothes and do my hair into a high ponytail. I then get my breakfast ready.

I decide to make a black coffee for that energy and a blueberry oatmeal. Its my everyday breakfast and I still love it.

I finish it and grabs my things with me. I get my keys to my apartment and I lock the door. I get into my car and I start driving.

When I started working for Mr. Daniels I was 17. Now I'm 21. And he has given me more responsibilities. I was shocked when he did but I appreciate it because it helps me a lot for my future.

I get to work and heads to my office which is next to his. He's not here yet and it's almost 7:50am. Where is this guy—?

I decide to call him. But he is already walking to his office. I roll my eyes and I quickly follow behind him.

We get into his office and he sits down at his desk wearing his usual suit and his hair slick back a bit. I notice how his eyes are even bluer today but I look away quickly.

"Where were you last night Alena?" He ask looking down at his paperwork.

"You gave me the rest of the night off Mr. Daniels. I didn't know you needed me" I say confused.

He just nods and says nothing else.

I hold my planner in my hands and I tell him his schedule. He hardly looks at me at first and just listens to me nodding.

"You have a meeting in a few minutes. Then you have to meet with Ms. Moore at 4pm. Also your mother called and she wants to have dinner with you at 8pm" I tell him not looking at him.

Suddenly, the hairs on my body raised up and I could feel him staring, hard at me.

He suddenly coughs and I look at him wondering if he was ok. Next, I hear those obnoxious heels tapping on the floor coming towards the office.

My co worker, Danielle walks in and she likes to flirt with him. But it's like he doesn't notice it. She is a woman that tries way too hard for his attention.

"Mr. Daniels I want to show you a new piece I created that you could produce for the company" she says while she has her cleavage showing. I roll my eyes at how foolish she looks.

He looks at her with no interest.
"Danielle you can just leave the piece on my desk. I have a meeting to go to." He ignores her afterwards.

She leaves it and smiles at him. She turns around and gives me a glare as she walks out. This bitch——

I turn back to look at him and he is already looking at me. Seems like he noticed me and her glaring at each other.

This is awkward. Not how I needed my morning to go. He looks back down at his work and I turn around on my heel heading out the door.

I head back to my office and sit at my desk. He's been so weird to me after I turned 21 a few months ago. Like he asks me where I have been and how my day was. If im seeing anyone new or whatever.. its weird. He wasn't like this before.

I started planning his agenda for tomorrow and I get a text from my high school friend but also my best friend, Dinah. She moved with me to New York, just so we can get the New York experience together. But she also used the chance to work at another business company.

~Dinah: Wanna go out 2nite?
~Me: Can't. My boss
~Dinah: Ask for another night off, I need you to meet my friend, John.
~Me: Dinah I don't need a boyfriend. I'm good
~Dinah: come on please.
~Me: Fine. One time only. If I don't like him then I'm leaving
~Dinah: Thxs

I look at the time and its almost 8am. I head with Mr. Daniels to his meeting. He makes me sit next to him this time. I always sit away from him but today is different.

He keeps me close to him and people walk into the meeting room. I watch everyone walk in and they look so professional in their suits. I then notice this one guy and he looks somewhat around my age.

I keep looking at him and he looks at me and smiles. He's wearing a biker jacket and jeans. Isn't this a professional meeting, why is he here?

I look down as I catch myself admiring the guy a bit. I try not to stare at this guy after that because my job depends on it. I already know how Mr. Daniels can be about this.

An hour later, the meeting ends and I get up. I head out and I start walking back to my office but Mr. Daniels stops me by grabbing my arm.. tightly.

"Alena next time at a meeting, please don't stare at my clients. I don't want that to be a reason to fire you" he says with a stern tone. He saw that?!

I  just nod and he lets go of my arm. He turns away and I continue my way back to my office.

Why am I not surprised that he said that to me?

I hear a knock on my door and it's that guy from the meeting. He smiles at me and I look at him wondering how he knew where my office was.

"Hi Im Matthew, I noticed you staring at me at the meeting. Wanna get lunch together?" He asks so bluntly.

Then I think about what Mr. Daniels said to me. That he told me not to stare at his clients during meetings. But this could just be a lunch. So screw it.

I nod and he gives me his number.

"I'll see you in the lobby in 30 minutes then." He says with a smile.

How the hell does he know when my lunch starts?He walks out and I try to get some work done before I have to go meet with him. The files were overflowing but it needed to be done.

As I got so caught up in the files, I noticed that time has went so fast. I was almost late to meet with him. What is up with me and time today?
I rush to the bathroom to check on myself. I fix my hair and my makeup. I hope I don't mess this up.

When I was young, my father left my mom, my sister and I. After that my mom grew to hate love after that. She never fell in love again and hated romance. So I never believed in love. But for some odd reason she wanted me to find love.

This new guy can be a way of me experimenting new things like I usually do. I'm a shy girl when it comes to letting people in. I hate when I let someone in because all they do is leave, like my father did.

I look at myself one last time in the mirror and walks down to the lobby. When I get in the elevator I see my boss walking my way. Crap!

I stand and press the lobby button nervously, then I look up and there he is. He caught me and here I am? Looking stupid as ever. Why won't this damn door close on time?!

He walks in and keeps his eyes away from my sight. I felt my heart quicken and I hope he doesn't know about this lunch with this client.

He stands next to me as the doors close.
"Where are you going Alena?" He ask.

"It's my lunch time sir.. I won't take long I promise" I say nervously.
He doesn't respond and the silence fills the air.

I get nervous everytime I stand next to him. He's 6'4 and his presence is so intimidating.
His face is always clean shaven, he has blue eyes and black hair. He looks like a model in my eyes. Alena no stop!

I walk out the elevator once it fully stops and quickly walk to Matthew. He smiles and I pull his arm to get out of there fast.

Mr. Daniels POV

She drives me crazy. Insane. I don't know how but she does. She's too young for me but I want her to myself. I'm selfish... I know.

She joined when she was 17 and I couldn't make any moves then but she's 21 now. I'm ready to get close to Alena, know her and let no one else have her.

Im heading to the elevator to go to the lobby to find her. I see her in there and she spots me. She starts pressing buttons to make it close but I get in there before it can close.

As I stand next to her I can sense her body tense up, which she does everytime she comes next to me. I hate that I make her feel that. It hurts me that I affect her that way.

I ask her "Where are you going Alena?".

She looks at me, "It's my lunch time sir..I won't take long I promise".

I wish she would have lunch with me instead. I would pay for her lunch and treat her good. I wish I wasn't her boss.

The elevator stops at the lobby floor and she walks out. I watch her walk towards Mr. Collins. What is she doing? What the actual fuck?

She smiles at him and walks out the building with him. What the fuck is going on?

Alenas POV

We head to the nearest cafe called "Emma's Cafe".

My other best friend Emma actually owns it and I help her there on Sundays. That's my only day off so I spend it to help her for a few hours. I live in my apartment alone so it helps me not be alone.

We walk in and I see Emma behind the counter taking orders.

Emma has brown hair and brown eyes, and she's the definition of true beauty. Her whole life is dedicated to her cafe and her lover. But now it's also dedicated to the new addition coming soon. She's 7 months pregnant. Yes this is her first kid. And I'm happy for her.

Matthew and I sit down at a table. Emma comes up to us and smiles but winks at me.

"Hi Im Emma and I'll be taking your order" she says softly with a smile.

I nod and Matthew looks at the menu.

I tell her my order and so does he. She leaves and he looks at me.

"So Alena.. tell me about yourself" he says.

I laugh nervously.

"There's not much to say about myself Matthew and how do you know my name?" I say.

"Well your office door says your name and I asked around maybe. But come on, there must be something about you that I need to know" he asks seeming intrigued.

I smile and nods.
"Fine I'm from Seattle and I moved here to New York for this job opportunity. I'm interested in companies that help provide for the helpless so I jumped at it. I have a younger sister but she's back in Seattle with my mother. I love a lot of things but hate many things. Also I can be shy" I say.

He smirks.
"I don't sense shy from you Alena, more of a person who keeps to herself".

He's right, I'm so used to everyone referring me as shy that I never realized that was what it really was. I smile as I get a little more interested in him.

I pull out my phone real quick and texted Dinah that I can't meet with John tonight. That Matthew definitely has caught my eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 197 50
"Laila, calm down", Zane said stepping forward. I turned to him, tears building up as I stared at him. "Calm down? CALM DOWN?! Do you know how much h...
953 6 17
"How could you betray me like this, I thought you said I was your one and only lover...you didn't tell me you had a wife??!!" she asked as tears drop...
304 36 18
Evelyn is okay. She's at the top of her class, a Wattpad writer, and a rising star on YouTube. She's also a liar. Her parents fight all the time, bu...
White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...