Allure

By InkD_Roses

If one day is all we had, will you make it worth my while? City girl-Bradley Hughes battles with her emotions... More

1| Welcome To Allure
2| Southern Hospitality
3| Welcome To Allure Girl
4| Everybody Needs Somebody
5| Untamed
6| Unity
7| Upside to Downside
8| Little Situation
9| Everybody Needs Somebody Pt.II
10| Consensus
11| I Cared. I Care.
12| Unbothered
13| Damage Control
14| Slip Ups
15| Well- Do You Mean It?
16| All On Bradley
17| Allure Me 2
18| Is It Jealousy?
19| Hello Indonesia,
20| Ratchet Happy Birthday
21| Facing The Burdens
22| Get It Under Control
23| Topic of Discussion
24| Evolving
25| We're Doing This Again?
26| Because I'm Your Friend
27| When The Family Feuds
28| For Future Purposes Only
29| Letting It All Go
30| Revisit and Rebuild
31| What's Coming
32| Understood
33| Its None Of Your Business!
34| Living
35| Promised
36| In Due Time
37| And Many More...
38| Revitalizing
39| Resurfaced Love & Pain
40| Going Through The Motions
41| Progressing
42| Embarking Possibilites
43| Anything For You
44| Until Then
45| Back Home To You
46| From Here On Out
47| Everlasting Unity
48| Focus
49| Choosing Me
50| Salvation
51| Rashad Knows Best
52| Rashad STILL Knows Best
53| Stuntin' Like My Daddy
54| Closing In
55| All About Change
56| The New Beginning
57| Could've Been
59| Trust The Process
60| Getting Back
61| In With The New
62| Reoccuring
63| Issues
64| Warm Welcome
65| Dilemma
66| Middle Ground
67| Making The Effort
68| Touchy Situation
69| Powerful Ego
70| Comes to the Light
71| Settling the Score
72| Touch and Go
73| Make Your Choice
74| Bradley's Intuition
75| Tread Lightly
76| Wrong or Right

58| Communicate It

18.1K 1K 1K
By InkD_Roses

Excuse any errors. I'm tired 🥴

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES,

Bradley took in a deep breath in hopes of calming herself. Today was harder than she wanted it to be. Blake and Jace were experience the after affects of their vaccines which resulted in mild fevers. Bradley was scared shitless to see how warm they were when she woke up this morning, but after calling their doctor and getting assured that it was normal, Bradley just worked through it.

It was definitely harder to balance them both since they were whining a lot more and craved far more attention than normal, so Bradley was definitely tired as hell.

Finally, she got the twins to sleep just a couple of minutes ago. The home was completely silent which allowed her to fall at peace. Taking in another deep breath, the aroma of the wax from the candle she had burning in the bathroom strides through her nose. Taking a seat on the covered toilet, Bradley sighed as she reached over and turned the dials of the shower so she could run herself a bath.

Exhausted and eager to feel the relaxation of the bath she ran herself, Bradley watched as the hot water fill up to her liking while the bubbles from the bath gel crowded the tub.

Due to not leaving the house all day, Bradley already had her hair tied up. She slipped right out of the lounging clothes she had on and submerged herself into the tub. The hot water immediately alleviated tension and aches within her body as she let out a sigh of relaxation. She needed this.

Bradley's emotions had been up and down like a seesaw being that she had so much time on her hands to just think about how her life had changed since becoming a mother. She didn't realize the limitations the twins put on her life until she was in desperate need of groceries for the home and she couldn't even get out of the drive way. She ultimately said to hell with grocery shopping after strapping the twins in the car as they cried from the top of their little lungs. Her plan was to kill two birds with one stone since the car ride could have soothed them, and she could go pick up her groceries, but the twins had other plans.

Pulling back into the driveway, Bradley felt a strong urge to just cry. She didn't understand it much so she decided against it. She didn't want to be crying for no reason.

All day, she's been trying to get in contact with Rashad and she never did. She wasn't trying to be dramatic about it or anything since she knew that he also had a lot on his plate with making sure everything was okay for both Alex's and Jerome's careers, but she was longing for his comfort. Bradley craved a long hug from him, but she knew she wouldn't be able to get that until he returned so she was just opting for a phone call, text, or FaceTime where he could just talk to her and make her feel normal again.

Lately Bradley could admit, she had been feeling like a robot lately. She woke up and committed herself to the same daily task, over and over again. Things were systematically operating since she and Rashad successful sleep trained the twins. The feedings were always at the same time, the naps were always at the same times, the changing was always the same time, the baths were always at the same time. Today, she really felt like she was simply just going through the motions and she hated that feeling so much.

Leaning her head back against the wall, Bradley let out another deep breath as her eyes shuddered close momentarily. Today gave her more than she could bargain for. She was completely beat.

Enjoying the silence that captivated the bathroom, Bradley stared straight ahead at the brown stone wall. Her mind wasn't thinking about much except for how she was about to be awaken around three in the morning so she could check the twins diaper and give them their nightly feeding.

She was suddenly casted away from her thoughts when she heard her phone vibrate with a phone call beside her. Glancing over to the screen that was lit up, she read Rashad's caller ID name that she had programmed on the device. He was FaceTiming her.

Reaching over, Bradley grabbed the phone with her dry hand and answered it. "Hey baby," He smiled at her.

Bradley returned a light smile, but he could see the fatigue in her eyes. Immediately his smile dropped as he eyed her with concern taking over his being. "You okay? You look tired. Did you take a nap today?" He knitted his brows together, questioningly.

Although she didn't get the chance to take a much needed nap today since she had to hold both twins in her arms for them to take their naps, Bradley simply just nodded her head yes. "I'm fine," She assures him with another light smile. The last thing she wanted to deal with was an overly worried Rashad. If things got to far, she knew he would book the first flight to her and she didn't want that. Bradley felt like she needed this so she could learn to balance the twins for long periods of time alone. Rashad'a job was only going to require him to travel more and more plus he was set to start classes this fall so Bradley knew that she wouldn't be seeing much of him.

This was just a practice run, to see if she could actually handle it. Despite the mild urge to cry this morning for the lack of groceries in her home, Bradley felt like she was getting through the week well.

"You sure?" Rashad asked, not completely convinced by her tone. Bradley nodded her head once more in confirmation. Rashad decided not to pry and just avert the conversation elsewhere. "You taking a bath?" He chuckled lightly at the sight of the suds clustering on her chest.

Bradley let out a light laugh as she nodded. "I am. Not really my thing though, the water is starting to get cold," She screwed her face up in disgust as she remained in the now warm water,

Rashad laughed a bit as he laid down in bed. Today, he had been running around all over the place going to meeting faster meeting with Alex. Also, he had to endure a more than two hour drive from San Francisco to LA for a small press run Alex was acquired for. It had been a tug of war between multiple athletic wear brands that Alex was still debating signing with, endorsement wise so to keep up with the demand of people wanting to know which brand he would go with, they had to continue with the suspense. It was Rashad's idea and it was working marvelously, however it just requires far too much energy exertion, enough to make Alex complain about it as well.

"Why didn't you call today? I was waiting on it," Rashad asked as he adjusted a few pillows behind his head until he was comfortable.

Bradley screwed her face up. "Did you check your phone?" She questioned.

Rashad nodded. "I had Karissa check my cell every hour while I was in the meetings. When I got my phone back I didn't see any calls from you," He explained sure that the call mishap wasn't on his behalf.

"Shad, I called you like five times today, I'm sure if it," Bradley says confidently before pausing the call so she could go check her call log. Sure enough, it proved that she called him five times throughout the day and they all went unanswered. She clicked a screenshot of her call log and sent it over to to him.

"Why does Karissa have your phone anyway?" Bradley asked as she returned to the call so Rashad could see her face.

Rashad shrugged lightly as he slowly chewed on the piece of gum that lasted him through his hunger for about an hour now. "Because baby, she's my assistant which I pay her a lot for. She's just doing her job," Hiring Karissa was one of Rashad's best investments. She kept his head on a swivel so he wouldn't be able to screw his schedule over by procrastinating. Karissa was great with booking flights, cars, hotel rooms, and reservations upon request, ordering his agenda, and confirming meeting times. All Rashad had to do was just commit himself to going and provide the funds for everything.

"Does she have access to your phone?" Bradley asked. She was a little thrown off by the fact that Rashad's call log was appearing empty of her phone calls that she made throughout the day. She wasn't trying to jump to any conclusions since she knew Rashad would laugh her off and claim that she was just tired, but it was looking a little suspect. Bradley and Karissa only met a handful of times and Bradley could honestly say that she was a nice girl. Online college student who was interested in entering the sports management field as well, was why she was chosen for the position since Rashad thought it was great that she could be assisting him while learning the ins and outs of her future career. Rashad was all about helping the next.

Bradley let out a sigh while the stale face etched on her face read, you have got to be kidding me, after Rashad nodded his head yes to her question. "Do you really think that's a bright idea?" She asked her fiancé.

Rashad laughed her off, just as she expected him to do. "Baby, she's my assistant. I let her hold my phone through meetings so I won't get distracted. Alex does to," He further explains to her.

Bradley smacks her lips. "The difference between you and Lex is that he doesn't give her access to his phone," She says to him to further prove her point without being blunt about it.

Rashad agrees with her. "She's not Lex's assistant, she's mine," He reminded her.

Bradley let out a sigh, really not trying to over escalate the issue. "I just don't find it appropriate for her to have full access to your phone," Bradley shrugs her shoulders.

"Are you insinuating that she goes through it when I'm busy?" Rashad asked her.

"I don't want to sound like a nut, but yes," She confirms her suspicions with him. "You really have no clue of what she does on your phone when your in your meetings. She's probably read all of our text messages and that kinda creeps me out," Bradley shrugged her shoulders. From first hand experience there was no doubt that Karissa had went through Rashad's phone and it bothered her a bit. Their discussions via text were meant to be private between her and Rashad. There's no telling what type of crap Karissa knew about them now.

Rashad waved Bradley off. "Baby, if she went through my phone, I would know," Rashad assures her confidently.

Bradley scoffed. "Now you know that's a lie. When you gave me your phone when we first met you didn't even know I went through your phone before I put my number in," Bradley absentmindedly proved him wrong.

Taken aback by her admitting that she indeed went through his phone after telling him that she didn't Rashad threw his head back in disbelief. "Wait you lied about going through my phone?" He screwed his face up dramatically.

Bradley laughed. "Listen it's a little too late to question me, we're two kids in and soon to be married. Plus it was Posh's idea, we went through everything," Bradley shot him an amused smirk as she thought back to the time she and Posh gathered in her kitchen with wine to scavenge through Rashad's device. Rashad truly had nothing to hide within his phone. Everything they found were things he could openly tell anyone.

"Wow! Here I was thinking you were different," He shook his head shaming her. "See you started things off with a lie. Can I even trust you?"

Bradley laughed finding his dramatics amusing. "Shut up. I just wanted to see if you were really single and not some asshole who's willing to live a double life," She jested with a smirk.

Rashad shrugs. "I guess you ain't look hard enough,"

Bradley shot him a stale face letting him know that she wasn't about to play any games with him. He laughs at her sudden change in attitude. "See, that San Francisco air got you acting real, I wanna get fucked up by my fiancée-ish,"

"I can't even take you serious, the suds around your chest dissolved like five minutes ago so I've just been enjoying the view," He licked his lips at the sight of Bradley's bare breast.

Bradley couldn't contain her laughter at his childish behavior. "And that's my cue. I love you," Bradley smiled lightly.

Rashad sighed at the fact that the phone call was ending. "I love you too. Get some rest. I'm gonna set something up with my mom so she can come help you out,"

"Babe that's not necessary," Bradley began shaking her head.

"Not up for discussion. I can tell that your tired and I can't fault you for being tired. Just let my mom help and take a day to relax," He suggested with a convincing smile.

Bradley chuckled at the grin on his face before she nodded her head agreeing. "Thank you,"

"It's nothing," He charmed her with a much more beguiling smile before catching the kiss she blew to him. "I promise to call you,"

"Alright, bye," She said her goodbyes before the phone call ended. After draining the tub from the lukewarm water of her failed attempt of a bath, Bradley stood up and took a much needed shower. She enjoyed it far more than her bath since the water remained scorching hot the entire time.

Once she was dressed and all ready for bed, she popped her head into the nursery just to make sure that the twins were still at peace. Sure enough, they were sound asleep causing a little smile to gravitate onto Bradley's face. Bradley decided to turn the night in as early as she possibly could so she could get the most out of her rest before she had to wake up for the twins feeding.

The next day, Bradley opened up the door for Paige who came fully prepared to be the best grandmother ever. "You look beat Brad," She stuck her bottom lip out, sympathizing for her daughter-in-law.

Bradley laughed a bit with a nod of her head. "I am," She admits. "The morning started off pretty rocky," She sighed as she recalled the icky diapers that were a result to the twins upset stomachs.

"Grumpy?" Paige asked referring to the twins. She entered the home while Bradley shut the door behind her.

Bradley groaned lightly. "Grumpy isn't even the word. It's more Blake than Jace," She explained as she led the way to the living room where she had the twins secured in their rockers alongside each other while the television broadcasted an entertaining episode of Boss Baby.

Upon setting her sight on Blake and Jace, Paige's heart melted immediately. She knelt before them, admiring how cute they were. After sanitizing her hands, Paige lifted both of the twins out of their rockers and held them in her arms. "You guys remind me so much of dada and Ced," She curled her lips into a smile as she cooed down at the twins.

Bradley simply enjoyed the sight of the three. Paige was absolutely the best. She filled that void in Bradley's heart since A'mahd had skated out of her life, and Mimi couldn't always be present. Suddenly that same urge to cry she had when she couldn't successfully go to the grocery store came over her and before she could anguish herself, tears already escaped her eyes. Hearing her light cries, Paige darted her eyes up to Bradley, concerned about her sudden crying.

"Brad, honey, what's the matter?" She asked in her always soothing voice that had the ability to comfort any and everyone. Paige went ahead and set the twins back down in their rockers before she wrapped her arms around Bradley giving her some much needed comfort.

Trying her best to wipe her own tears to deny the fact that she was crying at all, Bradley shook her head. "It's nothing," She attempted to assure Paige.

"Brad, if nothing was truly wrong, you wouldn't be crying. You've been apart of my life long enough for me to notice when things aren't okay," Paige sighed as she looked at Bradley. Although Rashad had only been gone for a few days, Paige had noticed a slight difference in Bradley far before. She was a woman who also went through the throes of having children and being the one to care for them all the time, whether someone was at your assistance or not. It was straining. Motherhood wasn't easy, and Bradley was slowly but surely learning that.

Figuring that her cover had been blown, Bradley stopped her attempts of hindering herself from crying any longer. She continued to cry in Paige's arms, not really knowing what the reason was behind her crying, she just felt the desperate need to get it out and it felt so good that she was. Paige let her cry it all out instead of prying. She knew it would be better for Bradley to set her sadness free before she began talking. Bradley didn't cry for long, her tears quickly ran out and she dried her face from any tears.

"Talk to me Bradley, I'm worried," Paige's light voice surrounded her allowing her to feel safe and comfortable to express her emotions.

Lifting her head from Paige's shoulder, Bradley avoided her mother-in-law's gaze, too embarrassed at the fact that she was crying in the middle of the day, to face her. "It's nothing," Bradley attempted to brush off.

Paige let out a sigh. "Come on," Paige waved Bradley over so she could scoot closer. She did as told feeing a sudden ease and wave of calmness once she laid her head gently onto Paige's lap. It felt so right. Bradley never got the chance to experience her mother, but at that moments she felt so loved and wanted just like a child should feel when getting comforted by their doting mother. The somewhat foreign feeling evokes more tears out of Bradley which shocks her. Bradley was truly confused at what was causing her sadness. She couldn't help but to conclude it as simply, everything.

"Don't stop crying until you feel ready to do so. There is no shame in feeling down. I won't judge you," Paige's soft voice aired out to Bradley. With her head on Paige's lap, Bradley felt secured and safe. She was so use to dealing with her emotions alone and not knowing how to cope, but now things were different. Paige soothingly caressed her hand over Bradley's hair as she took time for herself to register her feelings and emotions.

Bradley's cries lasted for a little over ten minutes. Once she finished, she felt somewhat alleviated. Bradley didn't think she cried much during her lifespan. Crying made her feel weak a bit, but sometimes it was the best resort to take.

"Are you ready to talk?" Paige asked Bradley.

Bradley truly did not know what to say. She was so used to being her openly bubbly and high spirited self around Paige. She had never witnessed her at such a low point. Bradley didn't want to sell herself as some damaged girl that Rashad got stuck with. Bradley truly didn't feel like the girl that she introduced herself as when she first met Paige.

"I just feel like I'm doing this all wrong," Bradley admits in a shaky voice. Her eyes landed on Blake and Jace as they laid in their rockers distracted by the hanging stuffed animals that circled over them. She was grateful that they were far too young to realize that something was wrong with her. Bradley wasn't sure how she would have explained to her children that she wasn't quite sure why she was sad yet.

Paige let out a light breath. "Doing what wrong love?"

"Everything," Bradley exalted out. "I never had the idea woman to teach me what it takes to be this superior woman all the while being a doting mother and soon to be wife. I'm so lost that it scares me some times," Bradley express all the crude thoughts that ran course in her brain. "Everyone told me that once I gave birth my maternal instincts will instantly kick in, but I'm not sure if they have yet. I just feel like I'm going through the motions. Doing what's right and what's expected. I love Blake and Jace with everything in me, but I'm not sure within myself as a mother. When they cry, I don't know what's wrong instantly like Rashad does. He's able to notice the small details— like the way they like to be held when their being fed, how music soothes them enough to make them fall asleep. He's just so much better at this than I am,"

Rashad as a father was a great sight to see. He handled things with so much ease and patience that it made Bradley practically second guess everything she did.

"Bradley don't say that," Paige sighed. "Parenting isn't the easiest thing to do single handedly so don't ever think Rashad's parenting is better than yours or vice versa. You guys will be raising these babies together as a team. Being a mother is never something you can excel at naturally you have to take your time with it and learn you kids just like you would do anything else. Rashad seems like he knows it all because he's been a big brother all his life from Jerome to Alex, he's always been around helping because he truly enjoys kids. Also, he's been a father figure to Victoria for so long, even before he had Haiden. He's experienced. He's been through many tantrums and knows far more tricks to soothe kids than I do," She admitted causing both she and Bradley to chuckle lightly. "All in all honey, if you feel this way, speak to your soon to be husband don't just try to battle it on your own, you'll grow overwhelmed. You're a great mother. You put them first with ever decision you make. I see a lot of me in you," Paige smiled down at her.

"Thank you," Bradley expressed her gratitude to her mother in law. Talking to her was so therapeutic. She understood the hardships of being a mother and gave a different perspective of the situation.

"You're welcome Brad. You're my daughter-in-law and in my book that means I treat you as my own. Don't ever feel as though you can't come to me with anything. I will always be there to give you motherly advice," Paige assures as they shared a hug with each other.

This meant a lot to Bradley since she always shamed herself for not having a mother figure to run to for advice. Now she had Paige and she felt as if her worries were alleviated immediately.

For the rest of the day, Paige took on the initiative of caring for the twins while Bradley rested up and took some time for herself. Rashad gave her orders to enjoy herself outside of the house which she alway stayed cooped up in, but she felt more comfortable being inside.

Rejuvenated from her well needed nap and steamy shower, Bradley laid in bed sending a call to Rashad since she hadn't heard from him since the night prior.

Her brows furrowed once her phone call went straight to voicemail after the first ring. Instead of getting a call back, she noticed that she received a text from Rashad—well his phone.

Husband 💙
— He's busy right now. I can take a message for you if you would like.
Received 3:22 PM

Bradley rolled her eyes at how negligent Rashad could be of certain things. Instead of replying to Karissa who was far too comfortable with Rashad's phone, Bradley called once more. Even though she expected the phone call to be answered, apart of her felt slightly surprised to see that Karissa actually did answer.

"Hello," Karissa answered politely.

A small smile plastered Bradley's face as if she could be seen. "Hey Karissa, do you mind giving my fiancé the phone, I want to speak to him," Bradley instructed.

"Uh—he's actually really busy—"Karissa was fixing to tell Bradley that Rashad wouldn't be able to talk but Bradley interjected.

"Yeah, I saw the text about him being busy, but I want to speak to him so could you just hand the phone over," Bradley said to Karissa in a curt tone. Bradley understood that Karissa had a job to be done, but she didn't think her job required her to clock Rashad's calls and text. That was just too much of a responsibility for Karissa and it just wasn't her place.

Karissa gave Bradley no response before she handed the phone over to Rashad. There was shuffling in the background before Rashad's voice sounded through the phone. "Hey baby, what's up?" He greeted her. Happy to hear from her, Bradley could hear the smile form onto his face.

"Nothing babe, I was just calling to check in," Bradley told him. "I thought you said that you weren't gonna let her have your phone anymore?" She asked with her brow raised.

"Oh yeah," Rashad nodded as if it had completely slipped his mind. "I wasn't, but we had this impromptu meeting with a sponsor and she just took it so I won't be distracted. Everything alright? She didn't say anything to you, did she?" Rashad knew Bradley was a tad bit uncomfortable with Karissa having access to their text conversations and whatever else was on Rashad's phone. He was just so caught up in doing one thing after the other, he didn't even realize how weird it was. Bradley had no issue with Karissa simply keeping the phone while Rashad was in the meeting but it got dragged a bit to far with her knowing the password. Rashad claimed it was only for her to order his calendar and check emails, but Bradley didn't like it one bit.

"Nothing's wrong. I just don't feel like she should have such easy access to your phone which I expressed to you last night," Bradley shrugged her shoulders.

Rashad let out a sigh. "I know baby. It won't happen again," He assured Bradley.

Bradley nods even though she wanted to let out a mouthful about Karissa. "I'm not mad about anything, I just think it's a bit much for her to be just an assistant. I'm your fiancée and I don't even clock your phone how she does,"

"I told you baby, It won't happen again. I'll tell her I can handle everything on my end," Rashad assures her once more.

"I hear you," She mumbles out.

Rashad let out a sigh as he glanced around. Karissa was indeed right, Rashad was in the middle of a meeting, but Bradley was a priority so he was willing to excuse himself for her. Karissa stood at the other end of the hall with her arms folded across her chest impatiently, indicating that Rashad had to put an end to his phone call and jump right back into the meeting alongside Alex.

Lifting up his index finger gesturing that he need another minute. He waved her off politely letting her know she was free to do whatever aside from rushing him to end his phone calls. Rashad watched as Karissa went the other direction giving him some privacy. "Brad what's the matter, I hear it in your voice," Rashad sighed.

"You're busy, call me when you can," Bradley let out.

"Brad, it ain't nothing for me to drop everything for you," Rashad reminded her.

Bradley lets out a sigh. This is what she was worried about. Even when she tried to conceal her issues, he still managed to scope them. There was no hiding from him. "I know," She smiled lightly. "Just head back to your meeting, I was just checking in," She assured.

Although he was unconvinced, he knew there was no use in trying to pressure her to tell him what was wrong. "I love you alright,"

"I love you too. Good luck at your meeting," She said to him before they both initiated goodbyes. Once the phone call ended, Rashad called for Karissa. She returned with her hand out expecting to keep his phone as he returned to the meeting. Rashad disregarded her hand and slid his phone into his pocket.

"Do me a favor and book me a flight back to New Orleans," He said to her causing her face to mask in confusion.

"But we're heading to Chicago tomorrow," She furrowed her brows as she walked alongside of him so he could make his way back into the conference room.

Rashad eyed her. He wasn't much of a mean person, however he didn't feel the need to explain anything to anyone except for Alex and Jerome. "Just book the flight Karissa, thank you," He concluded before entering the conference room and leaving her out in the hall so she could book his returning flight.

NEW ORLEANs, LOUISIANA

RASHAD FAREWOOD,

Setting his bags by the door, Rashad quietly ascended up the stairs of his home. The sun was just beginning to rise and he was glad that he made it back home while Bradley and the twins were still asleep. Before he entered he and Bradley's shared bedroom, he quietly made his way to the twins nursery.

The dim light shined throughout the room allowing him to see Blake and Jace sleeping peacefully in their cribs. A smile masked his face at the sight of them. He knew dealing with both of them alone was stressful as hell, but one glance at them would be able to convince anyone that they were so peaceful and easy to handle. "Gave mommy a run for her money," He jested in a light voice before readjusting the blanket on Jace so his his tiny feet would be covered.

Rashad gazed at them for a while longer. He decided not to cradle either of them in his arms because he was too afraid to wake them up since he wasn't sure how much of a struggle Bradley went through to put them to bed.

Exiting the nursery after he was content with being in the presence of his kids, Rashad eased his way into he and Bradley's bedroom. Unlike the twins who were sleeping peacefully, Rashad could noticed the look of distress etched on Bradley'a face as she slept.

Letting out a light sigh, Rashad shedded himself from his jacket along with his sneakers. He laid right beside her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. Bradley stirred in her slumber for a bit before her eyes fluttered open. That the sight of his face, her eyes widened in shock. Slinging his arms away from her Bradley sat up. "Rashad what the fuck are you doing here?" She asked with a stale expression etching her face.

Rashad laughed at her reaction of being home. "Damn a welcome home kiss would be nice, but I guess you wanna get straight to the point," He jested with a light shrug.

"Yes," Bradley nodded. "You aren't supposed to be back for another two days," She stressed.

"I know, but things worked out in my favor so I was able to come back home earlier and be with you," He smiled charmingly before cupping her hand in his.

Bradley rolled her eyes. "Your mom told you didn't she?" She muttered out shamefully.

Rashad nodded his head. "However, my ticket was already booked before me and my mom had that phone call," He explained to her. "Now that I'm back though, can you tell me what's been bothering you? I thought we were here mentally?" Holding up two fingers he motioned them from his eyes to her tired ones.

Bradley let out a dressing sigh. She thought she had some time to revamp herself for Rashad's return. His impromptu flight back home was not in the plan. "Can I just go brush my teeth first?" Bradley asked.

Rashad laughed lightly. "Yeah, but I know you're stalling," He pointed out to her.

With a guilty smile, Bradley got up from the bed. "Wait gimme a kiss so you know how much I love you," She heard Rashad say after her. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw him leaned on his elbows with his lips puckered.

Bradley laughed before turning back around towards the bed. "You proving yourself now? You sound guilty," She raised a brow at him before leaning in to peck his lips twice.

Rashad gripped her chin applying two more kisses onto her lips. "Shut up with your hot ass breath," He scoffed jokingly at the fact that she was trying to act suspicious of his usual actions.

Bradley mean mugged him before blowing her breath into his face and scurrying off to the bathroom. With his face churned in disgust, he let out a groan while waving his hand in front of his nose. "Brad, we got to get that breath checked out baby—goddamn,"

Bradley let out a hysterical laugh that happened to be contagious enough to evoke laughter out of Rashad. Although she was a bit upset that he called in his trip early, it was definitely nice having him back, he made everything feel better just by being himself.

After brushing her teeth and cleaning her face, she returned back to the bed where Rashad was awaiting her. She decided not to interrupt him texting away on his phone. Once he noticed that Bradley had returned, he set his phone aside and averted his attention onto her. "What's up?" He asked her.

Bradley shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know, you tell me," Bradley murmurs out trying to go around the problem at hand

Rashad smacked his lips. "C'mon B, tell me something. I'm worried about you,"

"For what?" Bradley asked. He could tell that she grew slightly offended however she wasn't tryin to show it too much.

"Baby, you were crying in the middle of the day. The Brad I know usually cries in the evening because she doesn't want her sadness to ruin the rest of her day," He enlightened with a small detail about herself.

Bradley rolled her eyes at the fact that he was able to quote her. "I study you Brad," He lifted her hand up to his lips. "I know when you're not okay,"

Rashad pulled her close so he could be holding her. Now with her back planted against his chest Bradley felt her body alleviate from the tension she was carrying around. "You think God made a mistake allowing me to have kids?" Bradley asked sporadically. Rashad was taken aback. He expected to hear something along the lines of her just being tired and trying to adjust to motherhood. He didn't want to take the question out of context, but it was hard not to.

"God makes no mistakes baby," Rashad eases out assuringly. "Why'd you ask me something like that?"

Bradley shrugged. "I just feel like he threw me into some risky waters. I don't know the first thing about being a mother. I didn't even have one of my own, so how will I be fit to be one?" Bradley didn't have a hint of sadness lacing her tone. She was curious and wanted answers.

Rashad let out a heavy breath. This was a lot to take in all at once. "Bradley you're a great mother—"

"Can you really say that though?" She asked while looking up at him.

Rashad nods. "I just did. Nothing will make me think otherwise. Brad you not being able to experience your mother doesn't make you less of a mother yourself. Do you feel like that's the case?" He caresses her hand in his.

Bradley nods her head this time. "I do. I don't know why, but I really do. I feel like I'm just going through the motions while you're present in the moment with them all of the time,"

"So you're not enjoying it?" As much as he was trying to act calm, deep inside Rashad was freaking out. He had went through the same thing with Rayven and loss Haiden in the process. Rayven didn't enjoy being a mother. She didn't have one maternal bone in her body. Bradley admitting that she sometimes didn't feel present in the moment with the twins triggered some concerns for him. The last thing Rashad could ever fathom was losing his twins. He didn't think Bradley could do the same as Rayven, but it still was a concern of his.

Bradley let out a drained sigh. "I love them more than any and everyone. I enjoy being here with them, however I don't think I'm being the best I could be for them,"

"What makes you think that?" Rashad asked.

Bradley shrugs once more. "Seeing you be a dad, it looks like you're in your element. You're perfect at it. I'm just—I guess not that good,"

Rashad kisses the top of her head. This is usual for Bradley. She liked being the perfectionist. Whatever she did she did it to perfection so she could seem like the poster girl for it. That necessarily wasn't a bad thing, but Bradley needed to understand that mentality couldn't apply to everything. "Can I be honest with you?" Rashad asked evoking a nod out of Bradley. "It sounds like you want to be a master at something your new at,"

Bradley furrowed her brows. "Can you elaborate?"

"Baby you feel as though you're not an adequate enough mother because you're new to it all. You like things to come to you on instinct, but mothering especially two babies at the same time, nothing will come on instinct. Their only seven weeks old, you're still learning them and that's okay. You're putting far too much pressure on yourself. There's room for error in this, you don't need to be perfect. As long as you learn from it all," Rashad preached to her. "I don't want you feeling as though you're not enough, because you're more than enough. You're a great mother Bradley, don't ever think otherwise,"

Bradley turned around in his arms, wrapping her arms around him tightly. "I really love you," She professed.

Rashad chuckled. This was her way of thanking him. "I really love you too crazy," He pecked her lips.

They remained in each other's arms, basking in their love for each other. "Let me take you out on a date," Rashad suggested with a light smile.

Bradley averted her attention up to him. "A date?"

Rashad nods. "Yeah. I miss hanging out together, like old times," He shrugged.

Bradley let out a sigh. "You know where I really wanna go?" She beamed up at him with her infectious smile.

Side eyeing her suspiciously, Rashad turned his lips up. "Where?"

"Grocery shopping. I just wanna go down every aisle and restock the entire house," He tone seemed as though she had been longing for the chance to go grocery shopping. Rashad found it hilarious how excited she was getting for the produce aisle, but if that's what makes her happy then so be it. "What's so funny?" She asked him, which in return he simply just shook his head still in laughter. "I tried going shopping with the twins but it was like an epic fail. I wanted to cry so bad," She sighed out.

"Now you can redeem yourself," He encourages.

Bradley nodded her head in excitement. "I'm taking my babies on their first Target run,"

Rashad was glad that Bradley was putting her best foot forward. After the conversation with his mother, he had to admit that he was a bit shaken up. As much as his mother disclaimed that she didn't think Bradley was suffering from postpartum depression, Rashad couldn't help but to do some research just in case she was. He did it want her jumping off way at the deep end. He wanted to help and make sure she was okay mentally.

While he was home, Rashad was going to dedicate himself to being observant of Bradley to see if he could notice any signs of his own.

The morning eventually progressed and Bradley seemed to be in better spirits. Rashad advises her to take the backseat when it came to the twins since she had been taking care of them alone, all week. She was reluctant at first, but Rashad's persistence got the best of her.

"You never told me how your first night out went," Rashad surfaces a conversation as he allowed both of the twins to rest in his chest while he and Bradley binge watched latest episode of a new series she discovered.

Bradley let out a tired sigh before waving the conversation off. "It was alright," She shrugged. "I did run in to somebody though," She eased out while glancing in his direction.

Rashad readjusted Jace on his chest before averting his attention back over to Bradley. "Who?" He asked.

"Sincere," Her voice got a bit lower at the mention of his name simply because Rashad and Sincere didn't have the best reputation when it came to each other. Sincere caused Rashad to not even want to give him a chance since he started off disrespectful. Rashad was a pretty easy going guy, but he couldn't lie and say that he wasn't rubbed the wrong way about Sincere's little comment about he and Bradley's relationship. At one point he kinda blamed Bradley because he felt like she ended up sharing far too much faith Sincere, but that quickly went to rest when Bradley assured him that Sincere's attitude was only the cause of him getting the run around from her. Although if Rashad was in Sincere's shoes, he wouldn't have gotten so pressed over the treatment, people were different and were entitled to feel however they wanted to.

"He had any more sly comment?" Rashad chuckled dryly with a shake of his head.

Bradley let out a sigh. She really thought she would be able to change Rashad's perception of Sincere. He was a genuinely nice guy, he was just burned by the fact that he missed his chance with Bradley twice. She shook her head no before responding. "No, he actually sincerely apologize to both of us," She informed him.

Rashad nodded. "I respect that,"

"Would you be comfortable with him and I hanging up, just to catch up?" Bradley asked with a hint of hope in her tone. She didn't want to disrespect Rashad in any manner so she thought it would be best to ask.

Rashad simply shrugged letting a light laugh drift out of him. "You asking like you two are going on a date or something. I'm cool with everything as long as the respect is there. He was around before me so I have no place to tell you if you can re-accept him in your life. As long as he understands that he could never interfere with my place in your life, then I'm cool," Rashad wasn't too much of a territorial person when it came to certain situations. Sincere didn't intimidate him at all. Also, he trusted Bradley just as much as she trusted him.

Bradley smiled at him. Rashad handled things with so much maturity and ease. He embodied such an easy going personality that Bradley favored so much. She knew she would have been guilty of overreacting about it if the roles were reversed. This just showed Bradley how secure Rashad was within himself and their relationship. "Can I be one-hundred percent transparent with you?"

Rashad nodded ensuring that he could handle the truth. "What's up?"

Bradley let out a long sigh before tracing her orbs down to her hands. "Well, I did find out that Sincere had a mild crush on me around the time Israel was still alive. I'm not sure if the feelings are still there, but I don't want that get in the way of the friendship we once had. Am I asking for too much?" She nervously fiddled with her fingers.

Rashad sat up slightly, before handing Jace over to Bradley so she could hold him. Hearing that Sincere had feelings for Bradley wasn't really surprising however, he didn't really wanna hear it . Things were beginning to make perfect sense, from Sincere's sly attitude down to him being so pressed about spending time with Bradley. There was no need to clarify whether if Sincere still was feeling with Bradley, it was evident that feeling were still there. Now Rashad, was feeling some type of way.

With his brows furrowed together, Rashad eyed Bradley. "He what?" He asked for clarification as if he did it hear the first time.

Bradley nodded her head confirming. "Yeah, I wasn't aware until the other night," She enlightened him.

Rashad chuckled, not in an amused way though. "And you never noticed?"

Bradley shook her head side to side. "No, he was always respectful of Ree and I's relationship,"

Absentmindedly, Rashad rolled his eyes at the fact that Bradley utilizes Israel's nickname instead of referring to him by his full name. "So he was respectful when you were dealing with his boy, but now you're dealing with me, he feels the need to come at what we have sideways?" Rashad shook his head trying his best to come to an understanding of it all. "I really felt like you should have led with that B. He doesn't have any regard for what we have going on and that's evident,"

"Babe, I don't think it's like that,"Bradley attempted to make Rashad reconsider what he just said.

"It's exactly like that Bradley. I'm not worried about anything, however I do feel as though it'll be better if there's an established respect level. If you feel like it's genuine, then I can't say anything, but once I peep something sly, I'm not gonna let nothing slide anymore," Rashad shrugged his shoulders. Rashad truly didn't have a problem with Sincere but it was evident that Sincere had a problem with him. Last time, Rashad let Sincere's comments roll off his shoulder, but if it happened again, he was gonna address it.

"Rashad if you feel that way then I won't have him around, it's simple," Bradley suggested. She did it want any animosity or hostility between anyone. If Sincere not being around was what she had to do to prevent that, then so be it. She went years without talking to him, Bradley was sure could do a few more. Revitalize her friendship with Sincere wasn't vital to her, it was just a mere want.

Rashad shook his head disagreeing with her. "Do what you want Brad. I'm never worried about you, it's him who I'm worried about. But if you feel as though he won't overstep anything, then we're cool," He shrugged lightly.

Bradley opted out on furthering the conversation. Rashad states his thoughts and that was final. There was no need to try to get more out of him. This was Bradley's decision to make. Not his.

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

A few weeks later, the family was able to g set in a swing of things with a newly improved routine and schedule. Rashad made it mandatory for Bradley to catch some sort of break. Whether it be for an hour or half of that, he required it. At night, Bradley and Rashad ended their days off in the gym, improving their health and alleviating some stress.

Rashad checked his phone reading the text from his mother informing him that the twins were out for the night. He smiled lightly before sending her a thank you text and putting his phone away. "I'm over here dying and you cheesing at your phone," Bradley rolled her eyes playfully as she downed some of her water from her hydro flask. They had been at the gym for around and hour now and she dreaded the fact that she cared about the way she looked so much. She was doing what she hated doing the most, sweating.

Rashad waved her off. "Just got that text from my mom, you know what that means," He smirked

Bradley laughed before waving him off. "Boy bye,"

"I'm just playing," Rashad laughed at the little side eyed Bradley was giving him. "You ready to get out of here?" He asked.

Bradley eagerly nodded her head yes. "Please get me the hell up out of here. I'm sweating like it's normal," She turned her lip up at the layer of sweat she had beading her nose.

Rashad reaches over, pat drying her nose for her. "It is normal,"

"For you, not for me," Bradley said before she began gathering her things so they could leave the gym.

Together they exited the gym. Rashad assisted Bradley into the vehicle before he got in himself. "I haven't gotten a chance to ask, but how are you feeling?" Rashad glanced over at Bradley before reverting his attention back into the room.

Bradley who was scrolling through her phone, set it down before she responded to Rashad. "I'm good. I guess I was just overwhelmed. Taking a break and clearing my head helped me a lot," She smiled lightly. "Thank you for realizing something is wrong before I even realize," She reached over the console, applying two kisses on his cheek.

"It's nothing," He assured with a smile.

As Rashad continued the drive to their home, Bradley let out a groan. "I don't know how you do it babe, a silent car will drive me crazy," She reaches over and began fiddling with the radio in hopes of finding something to listen.

"My bad, I'm just used to thinking we have the twins with us. They're always sleep in the car," Rashad chuckled.

Bradley flipped through the stations, rolling her eyes whenever she landed on commercials or a dog she didn't know the lyrics to. "I guess we'll have to listen to my phone," She settler as she unlocked her phone to connect her Bluetooth. She let out another groan at the fact that her phone was dying.

"You good over there?" Rashad laughed, referring to the groan she let out after the prior one.

Bradley laughed a bit once she realized how dramatic she was being. "Yeah, I just need a charger," She told him as she went and searched for Rashad's car charger. With a sufficed smile, she retrieved it from the middle console, however it was tangled. Tied within it, was a small business card that landed on Bradley's lap. After she untangled the charger and plugged her phone in, the business card drew her attention. Picking it up from her lap, Bradley read way at was printed all over it.

"Why'd you go see a family lawyer?" Bradley raised a brow as she continued to eye the business card.

Rashad was caught off guard by the sudden question. He averted his eyes from the road and onto her briefly before placing them back into the road. "Oh," He let out once he caught sight of the business card in her hand. "I went in to weigh out my options," He shrugged his shoulders.

Bradley shifted in her seat, Angelina herself so she could be facing him completely. "Weighing out your options? Pertaining to?" Bradley was completely confused and the fact that Rashad wasn't being upfront with her from the fat like he usually would was pissing him off. Bradley noticed how apprehensive and tense he back during her questioning.

Out of slight nervousness, Rashad shrugged his shoulders once more. "About a prenup," He enlightened Bradley causing her eyes to widen slightly. He honestly had plans on informing her since his brothers were able to get the best of him and convince him that the prenup would be good for both he and Bradley. At first Rashad negated anything that involved a prenup. It made him feel as though his marriage would have an expiration date on it. He trusted Bradley with his life, however his brothers were right, he had to protect himself business wise. He wasn't saying that Bradley was out to get him or anything, he just wanted to be prepared.

With the business card in hand, Bradley narrowed her eyes at him as her head was tilted in a questioning manner. "So this is your way of telling me you want a prenup?" Bradley was fuming in anger on the inside. She felt disrespected honestly. Rashad should know what type of woman she truly is. Now that he's reached a newly and improved tax bracket, he all of a sudden feels this way? Shit definitely wasn't adding up to her.

Rashad let out a sight before nodding his head. He could feel Bradley's attitude coming on. It had been a few months since he's dealt with her nasty mouth so he wasn't really sure to what extent she would be snapping on him. "Who do you think you are Rashad?! Who do you think I am?!" She asked now spewing in anger since she got the confirmation that he wanted a prenup. "Do you really think that fucking low of me to come for what you've built for yourself?! News fucking flash, I've been financially supporting myself and my business far before you! Stop trying to play me like this shit is new to me! If you got up and left today, I'll still be able to hold my own and support my kids! I don't need you for much of anything when it comes to income and finances! Fuck you and your prenup!" She angrily tossed the the crumbled business card to the side of his face.

Rashad honestly did it think she would take it this hard. He envisioned having an adult conversation about it and explaining why the prenup would be beneficial to both of them. Bradley however was offended that the word prenup was even mentioned in her soon to be marriage. What really pissed her off was the sneakiness behind the entire ordeal. There was really no telling how long Rashad would wait it out until he told Bradley of this prenup situation. Bradley had seen cases of men presenting prenups to their wives the day of the wedding, and that ultimately irritated her.

"Are you done? Can we have an adult conversation now?" Rashad sighed out calmly as he kept his composure at bay although Bradley looked like she wanted to blow her top.

"Oh now you want to have an adult conversation? You should have fucking thought about that before you went to go speak to a fucking lawyer without even acknowledging me. Now I feel like you're trying to play me," Bradley scoffed with her arms folded across her chest.

Leaning back in his seat as he kept one hand on the steering wheel, Rashad shook his head stressfully. "It's not even like that Brad. I spoke to her to see how the prenuptial agreement worked. I didn't even discuss any terms with her," Rashad informed Bradley.

Bradley carelessly shrugged her shoulders. "I don't care Rashad! You should have spoken to me about it first! Do you think I want a prenup?! Do you think we even need a prenup? I'm not a messy girl! I don't care if you cheated or even if you had a second family I had no ideal about, I'll never go after you're assets and your money! As a woman who takes pride in being independent and not needing a man for anything, yes I'm fucking offended! Now you're making way more than before, but remember I was with you, carrying your children before you even started making money from all these different streams of income! Stop trying to justify the fact that you fucked up!" She jeered at him.

Rashad was really starting to regret the fact that he let his his little brothers get into his head. He knew he shouldn't have let his mind linger on the thought of a prenup. Instead of saying anything else, Rashad remained silent as he pulled into the home. As son. As he parked the car, Bradley grabbed her things, getting out the car. "Call the wedding off if you want, I'm not getting a damn prenup," She finalized before slamming the door shut and angrily storming into the house.

Rashad let out a heavy sigh while shaking his head. Bradley's attitude was just so much at times. He honestly didn't think it called for her to be this upset when they could have just had a mature conversation. "Im not dealing with this shit," He mumbles out with a scoff before he began backing out of the driveway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 12.3K 30
Jaelynn from Harlem moves to New Orleans where she meets her next door neighbor August. August is a typical trouble maker but has better intentions f...
146K 2.3K 19
Abigail seems to be having a horrid summer, her best friend moved away, her ex-boyfriend has gotten a new toy and you can almost taste the boredom. S...
208 2 46
*Mature, sexual content warning* "Stacey watched him walk away, and waited for the front door to shut before starting her car and leaving. Her boyfri...
2.1K 207 31
"What are you-" He put his hands on the table behind me, leaning down so close that our noses almost touched. "What are you doing?" I whispered, loo...