The Boy Who Cried Beast | ✓

By 1fandombookgirl

As Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, Everette Blackwood is required to find her mate. She's not too sold on the i... More

Copyright & Description
Character Aesthetic
Chapter 1: Silver Berry
Chapter 2: Dudes In Dresses
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Sweet Jesus
Chapter 5: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 6: Put A Ring On It
Chapter 7: Centuries ago...
Chapter 8: Mom's Weird
Chapter 9: Cherry On This Hunk Of A Sundae
Chapter 10: I, Callum Cain, Reject...
Chapter 11: My Idiot
Chapter 12: Frilly Pink Apron
Chapter 13: A Case of OSD
Chapter 14: If I Was A Man
Chapter 15: Men Crying
Chapter 16: Rip My Heart Out
Chapter 17: He Punched The Wall
Chapter 18: Cliche 'Bad Boy'
Chapter 19: Green-Eyed Monster
Chapter 20: Hypersthene
Chapter 21: Broken Bones
Chapter 22: No Cuddling
Chapter 23: Jesus, Take The Wheel
Chapter 24: The 'L' Word
Chapter 25: Written In Permanent Sharpie
Chapter 26: Those 'Evil Shits'
Chapter 27: Lover Boy
Chapter 28: War Is Brewing
Chapter 29: Houston, We Have A Problem
Chapter 30: What Did I Miss?
Chapter 31: Fido and His Brothers
Chapter 32: Ice-cream On A Hot Summer Day
Chapter 33: Don't Flatter Yourself
Chapter 34: Holy Mother of The Moon
Chapter 35: Wicked & Wise
Chapter 36: Pinky Promise
Chapter 37: Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 38: Death Was Reserved
Chapter 39: Katniss Everdeen
Chapter 40: Petrichor
Chapter 41: True Alpha
Chapter 42: Doodle Me In
Epilogue
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
BONUS CHAPTER: I'm Your Dork

Chapter 43: Máni

12.9K 660 69
By 1fandombookgirl

Chapter 43

~ 2 Weeks Later ~

The day I woke up, I saw with my own eyes how much the werewolves and hunters have come together.

Since the packhouse was completely destroyed, those who resided there now took residency in the building the hunters were staying in.

It was a smaller packhouse that we kept around and it came in handy.

But seeing everyone together, bonding over a celebration when the war was over, Doris was dead and their Alpha was alive...well it almost made me think that I had actually died and went to an alternative universe.

Seeing the bond between the former enemies, I decided that it was time to reveal my secret with the pack.

I finally announced that the Ritual to the Beast has finally come to an end.

It was over and I vowed that it would never return.

With the hunters being our allies, we didn't need to worry about any threats for the foreseeable future.

The pack took it better than expected since it caused a lot of issues in the past. Otis also made an announcement of his own.

The werewolves were free to visit Fairbairn anytime we like but we had to stay in human form unless there were rogues around.

As for the next Alpha, which would be my kid, well he or she would just have to woo his or her mate like a normal person.

No chains, no rituals, no twenty-year timeline and no god damn white dresses again.

The hunters did go back to Fairbairn after since we decided we didn't need much help rebuilding. It was a rogue free journey for them.

Penelope, June and Olly went with them to meet Gracie who, according to Jane, absolutely loved them.

The little girl took quite a liking to them and it wasn't long until she decided to live with the pack. Her decision may have also been influenced by the fact that her new guardians were werewolves and she adores Callum.

What can I say? The kids love the man.

Olly's been watching out for her like an older brother and I could tell after everything he's been through, he's finally happy and settled. He deserves the family that he's gotten and he's fiercely protective of them.

Callum also brought his grandpa to the pack to live with us. Everyone was welcoming to both Gracie and grandpa Mitch.

Back in Fairbairn, George decided to stay with Val but remain apart of the pack.

Otis and Jane have also decided to live together. It took them a couple of decades to finally find each other again and repair their wounded hearts, but they're together. That kind of love never dies.

The past two weeks were eventful as we started rebuilding but we still had a long journey ahead of us.

But before any more time passes, there was one thing we had to do.

Officially initiate Callum as our Máni.

To think he's been here this long and we haven't gotten around to it. For the Lunas before him, they usually get initiate when they get married.

But since Cal and I aren't going to do the whole wedding thing just yet, we decided now was as good as any.

I made my way towards the burnt packhouse where Callum was helping out to clear all the rubble and burnt material.

As I came closer to the destroyed building, my eyes focused on Cal.

Let me rephrase, a Cal whose shirt was off, sweating in a sexy way and flexing those muscles that were God's gift to him. Add the beautiful rays of the sunset that poured over his skin. All in all, he was one hot tamale that I was craving a bite of.

Sensing me approaching him, he turned around with a smirk.

"Come to ogle me again?"

I snorted, "The word again implies that I've done it before."

"And you've been here the last three days I've been helping," he noted.

I shrugged, "I was supervising."

"My body?" His eyes twinkled with mischief and I whacked him on the arm.

"Don't even start with me buddy," I pointed a finger at him.

Of course, he was one hundred percent right. But who can blame a girl?

He ignored me as he leaned closer to me and I felt his heat wash over my body.

"You know, you just have to ask and I'll happily put on a show for you."

Before I could respond, I heard something fall behind Callum. Peering behind him, I saw a pack member who was lifting pieces of burnt wood, dropped them as a blush coated his cheek and he avoided our gazes.

"Sorry bud," Callum called to him before I smacked him upside the head. "Ouch!"

"Quit talking and follow me, you have to take a shower before the ritual," I grabbed his hand in my own and pulled him along.

"Ugh, another Ritual?" He groaned.

"Hey now, don't start complaining. After all, you got me out of it," I winked at him over my shoulder and he grinned.

"Well that was the best day of my life," He said before wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me off my feet.

I couldn't help but laugh as he spun me around.

"Okay, Cal! Enough or else I'll puke all over you!" I said through my laughter.

He immediately came to a halt and set me on my feet. Placing a kiss on my cheek, he released my waist, "You're gross."

"But you love me anyway," I sang.

"I do," He proclaimed before stepping in front of me, "now hope on little wolf."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist as he lifted me up again piggyback style.

"That's a big wolf to you little human," I grumbled.

He snorted before taking us back to my grandparents' house which my dad turned over to Cal and I.

Grandma Anne and grandpa Carson were the only ones who were missing out on seeing the future of the pack. And as odd as it is to admit, I kinda wish Callum had his parents with us all.

As soon as we returned, Mitch came through the kitchen doorway with the house phone.

"There was a call from some man but he didn't say who... just said he'd call back," Mitch shrugged.

"A man?" I asked in confusion before taking the phone from his hand.

The phone immediately started ringing and I answered on the first ring.

"Hello?" I said carefully into the phone as Cal's eyes held concern.

"Hey, Alpha Everette. It's Abel."

I grinned as I looked up at Callum, "It's Abel!"

The concern immediately left him as excitement sparked in his eyes, "Abel? He's alive? What about his baby? Did Holly have the baby yet?"

"Babe, she's only been pregnant for like a month," I informed him before getting back to Abel. "Dude, you're alive! Could have at least called us earlier."

He chuckled into the phone, "I was planning to but it took Holly and I a bit longer to settle into the town and then it slipped our minds to get a phone."

"Ah, the disadvantage of not having mind link. The human side isn't all roses I see," I teased.

"Not one bit," I heard Holly's voice on the other end.

Cal pulled at my hand, "Put them on speaker."

I nodded and did just that before he asked, "And the baby? How's the baby?"

"The baby is just fine. Healthy and growing," Holly's voice held happiness as she answered.

"Have you guys seen a doctor yet?" I asked.

"No, there are only a few doctors in town so it may be dangerous having anyone check on me and seeing that the pregnancy only lasts five months for a fully developed baby. I've been staying at home a lot so that when it's time to give birth, no would know it's only been five months," She said.

"Well, the rogues are no longer an issue, so if you want, you can come to the pack or even Fairbairn and Doctor Kitara will give you a check-up," I informed her.

I made my vow to never let them into the pack, but for the baby's sake, I will.

We filled them in on what happened here and they explained how they managed to get away from the rogues. It didn't sound like it was easy but they managed to hide and made it back to their new home.

When I hung up the phone, Cal placed a kiss on my forehead before running upstairs to take a shower.

"Ev?" Mitched called from the kitchen, "I made pancakes kid."

I grinned and headed off towards the food before hitting the shower myself.

Callum also suggested we officially made Olly apart of our pack today so that he could access our mind link.

Gracie and Mitch didn't need any sort of introductions since being humans they couldn't access our mind link.

I would have suggested keeping it casual but I think the pack wanted an event to dress up to since there wasn't going to be a wedding between Cal and me anytime soon.

So I reluctantly obliged which meant having to wear a dress. That also meant having to shave. The bane of wearing dresses if you ask me.

After Callum was finished in the bathroom, I went ahead and took my shower before throwing on a long-sleeved wrap dress that was black with white polka dots. It was medium length so of course, I wore my converse with it.

Not fancy enough for heels but enough for a dress.

When Cal stepped out of the closet buttoning an untucked white shirt and black jeans, I knew he matched me on purpose since he asked what I was wearing before he got ready.

He grinned at me as he picked up his matching converse, the one I scribbled all over all those months ago, and sat beside me on the bed.

"So we're the couple that matches now, huh?" I shook my head at him.

Shrugging he said, "Couples that match together, stay together."

"Pretty sure you got the saying wrong," I bumped his shoulder with my own.

"Pretty sure we're staying together either way, Princess," He responded.

"So are you ever going to tell me why you call me Princess?" I asked with a raised brow.

He smirked knowingly, "Do you really want to know anymore?"

I thought about it before shaking my head, "Not really, it's grown on me. I think my actual name feels more foreign when you call me by that."

"Well, I guess I won't tell you then-"

"Wait," I stopped him as curiosity started to itch me, "I want to know. Tell me, please?"

I gave him a pout and my best puppy dog eyes. He was a sucker for it.

With a shake of his head, he sighed and nodded, "Fine."

"Yay!"

"So, when I was growing up with the hunters, everyone knew the beast was your dad. The Alpha, the big boss who ran the whole pack...kinda like a king I suppose. So when I met you, well I didn't know you then, so I assumed you were probably some sort of stuck up princess who now ran the show. I was one million percent wrong."

I tried to hold my laughter back but as Cal gave me a sheepish grin, I broke out into boisterous laughter.

"Stuck up princess? Oh man, that's golden." I brushed a tear away from my eyes as Cal seemed almost surprised.

"You're not mad?" He questioned.

I shook my head, "Nah, it's actually funny. Kinda judgmental on your part, but I did assume you were just a frail little hunter who thought he could actually kill me."

He placed his hand over his heart in fake hurt, "Why princess, you wound me."

"You'll get over it. So tell me, what does Princess mean to you now?" I waited expectantly.

"A shorter, simpler version for love of my entire freaking life," He answered without batting an eye and I grabbed his face and pulled him in for a kiss.

"Right answer," I mumbled into his mouth.

Too soon he pulled away and said, "Not a weak Princess, but a fearless leader who will do whatever it took to protect her pack. A fighter. An Alpha."

I blushed at his comment before adding, "And you're definitely not a fragile human. You're a survivor and a warrior. Bold and powerful. A Máni."

He kissed my forehead before reaching his hand out for my own, "Ready?"

"To hand over some responsibility? Thought you'd never ask."

He chuckled as we headed towards the training field where everyone was waiting, "Okay wise-ass, let's get this over with."

By the time we left the house, it was already dark out as it should be when we perform this ritual. The full moon was out in all its glory, waiting for us to make Callum Cain the Máni.

When we got to the clearing, lights were strung up everywhere and everyone was sitting on either side of a long aisle. Cal waited at the beginning os the aisle as I took off towards the forest and shifted before making my way to the end where my father stood before everything we needed for the ritual.

My dad took his place behind a stone podium as I turned towards Cal and sent him a mind link, 'Time to walk down the aisle babe.'

He rolled his eyes before removing his shoes and approaching us.

There were four platters that lined the alter closer to me that held something which represented each element.

It represents the natural elements of air, water, fire, and earth to symbolize the Moon Goddess and pay homage to her. It's something our pack has done for centuries.

I watched as Cal's bare feet stepped into hot coals which represented fire. There wasn't an ounce of pain on his face as it wasn't suppose to hurt him for two reasons. One, he had fire powers and was basically immune to heat and two, it would only hurt if he wasn't the true Máni. But since he is my one, true mate, the hot coals would have zero infliction on him. Only imposters would feel the pain.

He stepped off the coals and onto the next platter that held fresh soil to represent the earth. The third contained water and the fourth and last one was empty as it represented air.

Callum stepped up towards me with a grin that stretched from ear to ear and I puffed out my wolf chest in pride.

"Callum Cain," My dad started as he gestured towards the bowl of water and knife sitting on the podium, "the Blood Moon Pack requires a blood oath between yourself and the Alpha to seal your fate as our Máni. To do that, you need to cut your hand and offer your blood into the bowl."

Cal didn't hesitate as he picked up the knife and opened his left hand, palm up. He pressed the tip to his palm and sliced the middle of his palm before holding it over the bowl of water to let the blood drip into it.

Through our mate bond, I felt his infliction and I growled lowly as my dad passed him a cloth to wrap his wound.

I held up my paw and bit into it until I pierced the skin before replicating what Callum did and let my blood fall into the bowl of water.

The wound was already healing as I looked into the bowl of water. The full moon was directly above us and reflecting on the water in the bowl and as the blood mixed into the water, it looked like the blood moon. Exactly like it was the night I found Callum.

"It's a reflection of the Blood Moon pack," My dad informed.

I lifted my head and howled with all my might towards the moon as a declaration of acceptance of Callum as Máni of our pack.

"Blood Moon Pack," my dad addressed everyone in the clearing. "It is my honor to announce Callum Cain as the Máni of the Blood Moon Pack. The first of his kind and your Alpha's mate."

Everyone erupted in cheer as I had a wolfy grin. We really did come a long way.

As my mother joined us to heal Cal's hand, I went towards the forest to change.

But after I slipped on my dress and my shoe, I headed further into the forest where a few of my border patrol was keeping someone.

When I approached, the group, I immediately wrapped my arms around her.

"I can't believe you're here!" I squealed excitedly.

She laughed in my arms, "All thanks to you! And of course whichever wolf you got to bring me all the way here without having to walk."

I pulled back to look at aunt Avery as excitement bubbled within me, "Mom's going to be so excited! We've been keeping you coming a secret for so long. After you told me you needed an excuse to leave town for a while, I told mom you said you couldn't make the trip anytime soon and it was too dangerous for her to go to Fairbairn so she's been pretty upset about it."

"You're devious... no wonder we're family." She noted and I nodded along agreeably.

"Let's go surprise her then and you'll get to meet Taelyn, Thor and my dad!" I couldn't but babble as I led her towards the clearing.

I heard my mom ask, "Where did Everette go?" before I walked into the clearing with Avery behind me.

Mom turned to me with a smile, "Oh, there you are! I was wondering-"

She stopped short when I stepped aside and revealed an enthusiastic Aunt Avery.

My mom's eyes shifted between me and her as her mouth opened and closed as if she couldn't process what was happening.

"Hey Emery," Avery greeted before closing the distance between them and pulling her older sister in her arms. "I missed you, big sis."

"A-Avery?" My mother asked in shock before holding Avery's cheeks in her palms and looking her over. "You're here? What? How?"

"Everette planned the whole thing," She said as tears started to fall from my mom's eyes.

"Oh my goodness!" My mom cried out and wrapped Avery in her arms again. "It's been so long! I've missed you so much... look how big you've gotten Av. And mom and dad?"

"They're good. Heartbroken when we lost you but they managed to keep it together. I just wish they were here with us," Avery said.

"So do I," Mom wailed before dashing her tears away and pulling away with a smile. "But we have so much to talk about. My kid!"

Mom looked around as she called Taelyn and Thor over to her.

They approached with confused expressions.

"Kids, this is your Aunt Avery, my sister," She introduced.

Taelyn's eyes sparkled with interest but Thor seemed unfazed.

I watched as they all interacted with each other when Callum walked up to my side and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I think you just made your mom's entire year with that surprise," He praised.

"Well I suppose that makes me her favorite then," I said cheerfully.

My mom was talking a mile a minute before pulling my dad closer to her, "And this is Thane, my husband, and mate."

I watched as my dad smiled charmingly but Avery pointed a finger at him.

"You mean the guy that kidnapped you?" She asked playfully. "I have some words for you buddy."

Cal pressed his lips to my hair as he stifled a laugh, "You two really are family."

"I guess it's the Aiken side of the family in me," I said referring to my mom's maiden name.

"Speaking of family," He nodded towards where Karen, Cal's grandmother who was Abigail's adoptive mother stood near Mitch. They appeared to be arguing about something.

"What's up with them?" I asked him.

"They've been getting into since Mitch came to live with us. Apparently grandma Karen has been behind him to tell her everything about me since I was born. It's hard to see them argue but it's also endearing. I've only ever had Gramps so it's nice to have others wanting to get to know everything about me. Wanting to be my family."

I caught the affection he had in voice when he spoke about them and I wrapped an arm around his waist, "We're all your family now Callum. Every single person in this pack is your family. Not just the Blackwood but everyone."

He turned me towards him and I saw the emotions swirling behind his green eyes, "Thank you."

"You are after all officially our Máni," I pecked his lips and smirked. "Welcome to the Blood Moon Pack Callum Cain."

A/N

Epilogue posted!

It's ending... I'm not crying... wait, I am. I'm definitely sobbing 😭

Song: Bleachers - Rollercoaster

Instagram: @1fandombookgirl

I hoped you enjoyed the chapter!

If you did then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Be kind, keep smiling and;

Read on wolfies, 🐺

-Shania. 🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 724 23
"So you don't want me but you don't want another man to want me either?" I ask him, angrily. He steps toward me slowly, "Another man so much as looks...
628K 16.6K 43
Bailey Scotts just wanted to find love again. When tragedy strikes her family, they move to a small town to live with her grandparents. While there...
190K 5K 56
"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaky as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Suddenly, the delicious scent of wood and cinnamon hit my nose, causing m...
3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...