The Billion-Dollar Break-Up!

By bonbonsandromance

Ashton needed her as a wife to save his father's company. But Violet will not marry for money or contracts. S... More

The Billion-Dollar Break-Up!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
City Limits:

Chapter 16

4K 153 0
By bonbonsandromance

Violet

Violet woke the next morning. Her head was spinning. How much had she drank the night before? She knew she had wanted to have a little fun. But this was nuts. She never had this much to drink in her life. Not since she had turned twenty-one years old of course. That was a splurge for her.

"Oh my head" groans Violet as she opens her eyes.

The room began to spin about on her. Nearly making her want to vomit. She was laying on someone. A very warm someone. Ashton! He was in the room with her snoozing peacefully. Maybe he could tell her just what happened the night before!

"Man I need a coffee" groans Violet.

Anything to take away the pain in her head right then. Suddenly she notices it. A ring. A very large diamond engagement ring was plastered on her wedding finger on her right hand.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"What the HELL is this doing on MY FINGER!" she yelps as she sits up in bed waking up a sleeping Ashton.

"Morning" yawns Ashton.

"Tell me what the HELL is this thing doing on my finger?" she demands to know.

"Calm down Violet" sighs Ashton.

"Calm down my ASS! You tell me what this thing is doing on my finger right now...or I will...I will...."

"You will what Violet?" yawns Ashton. He looked bored with the whole mess.

"You did this! You got me to marry you didn't you? Overnight! Oh this is rich even for you! I should have seen this coming! This was the plan all along right? To land me? Get me in your bed! Marry me! Oh what a fool you think I must be Mr. Maxford" laughs an upset Violet. She gets out of bed. Starts to pack up her clothing in the room.

"I have done nothing. You are over reacting" laughs Ashton.

"Oh am I now? Here in VEGAS! With a snake like YOU! And I wake with a splitting headache and a ring on my finger. And I AM over reacting! You do not look surprised by all of this because you have been in on this the whole time!" she snaps angrily as she gets prepared to leave.

"Vi calm down now" he begs her.

"Don't you tell me what to do Mr. Maxford? You will be hearing from my lawyers" laughs an upset Violet. She has everything all packed up to go now.

He sits up. He looks to see he was naked still. He had noting on underneath. He wraps a bed sheet around to cover his middle. He heads over to stop her from leaving.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Please let me explain what happened last night" he begs of her.

"You stay right there!" she warns him. He moves right to her side.

"Please Vi" he begs of her. Trying to reach out to her.

"I warned you Mr. Maxford!" she snaps. She kicks him right in between the nuts making him double over in pain.

"Damn it Vi" he grunts in pain. She gets her shoes on grabs her bags than heads out the door in a hurry.

"VIOLET!" he calls out to her. But she was already gone.

Tears come to her eyes. How could she fall for his lies? He tricked her into marrying him. This whole time that was just what he was after. Her families' money. Now he was going to be able to get it. And it was all her fault. Tears rush over her cheeks. She was going to head home. She grabs her cell phone to call Leo.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Hi doll" he answers in a sleepy voice.

"Don't hi doll me" she sniffs.

"What is going on?" he wonders.

"You can say hello to the new Mrs. Maxford" she sniffs.

"What? What are you talking about?" he gasps. "Vi where are you?"

"In Vegas" she says softly.

"Tell me you did not do what I think it is you did?" he mutters softly.

"I did. I got married. TO that SNAKE" she stammers.

"Where are you now?" wonders Leo.

"Heading to the nearest airport to get the hell out of here" she grumbles.

"You really married him?" he wonders.

"Yes I woke in his room with a wedding band on my finger. He tricked me. He was no good. He was lying to you and I this whole time. I never EVER want to see that low life man again as long as I live. I am going to talk to my daddy and my lawyers and get this marriage annulled as soon as I can" declares Violet.

"Good for you. I am sorry. I really thought he was a good guy" sighs Leo.

"We both were duped" snaps Violet. "Not any more. Two can play at this game. And Mr. Maxford's goose will get cooked" she promises.

"I am really sorry that happened to you" says Leo.

"Me to, I have to go. I have to call my dad. Warn him of the damage that has been done" warns Violet. She hangs up on Leo. Calls her father. Of course it goes to voicemail. And as soon as she calls Ashton calls her phone. She groans.

"Daddy hi it is me. I am in a mess. Please call me as soon as you get this message" begs Violet before leaving her father a message.

Her father was going to be furious when he found out what happened. Soon Violet made her way outside of the hotel. She called a taxi cab to come get here. She takes off as soon as she can to the airport hoping not to have any more run in's with the likes of Ashton again.

The taxi cab could not get there soon enough for her. She threw her luggage in the back of it as soon as the cab pulled up to the curb.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Where to miss?" the odd looking cabbie questions her as he smokes in the car.

"The nearest airport. I want to get the HELL out of here" she snaps as she shuts the cab door behind her as she gets in. He takes off just as she was getting on her seatbelt. Her phone buzzed again. Another message from Ashton. The jack ass. Violet listens to the message. What could he possibly have to say to her? Nothing would change her mind about heading home and getting as far away from him as she could get!

"Violet hey! I know you are pissed off. Really confused. But listen to me please! I know you won't I bet. But you have to! I will explain everything if you just call me! Hell how could I explain anything to you after being kicked in the nuts!" he exclaims as the message ends. She plays his next message.

"Sorry Vi that message cut me off for some reason. Just please call me. I really hope to hell you are not leaving Vegas right now. But I have a strong feeling you are. Please let me explain" he says before she deletes the messages.

"I will not be calling you back any time soon Mr. Maxford. But my lawyers' will be" sighs Violet as she looks out the window out to the Vegas city.

This trip was supposed to be so fun for her. Now it turned out to be nothing but heartaches for her. Pain. How could he do this to her?

She always kind of thought he was up to something with her and now he just proved her right all along. Never again was anyone going to trick her this way. She calls her lawyer Mr. Nelson.

"Hello there Violet what can I do for you?" he answers her call.

"I have a very embarrassing event that happened to me. I will need you to handle it right away" she explains to him.

"Of course. What is this regards to?" wonders Mr. Nelson.

"I was here in Vegas for a bit of fun. Everything got way out of hand. And I ended up waking up in bed with a strange man. I ended up being married to this man" she says as tears come to her again just talking about it.

"Oh Violet you did get yourself in a pickle this time" sighs Mr. Nelson.

"I know it. That is why I am calling you right away. To handle it. I want to get this divorce going. I was wrongfully tricked into this marriage. He got me drunk, then took full advantage of it. I want this marriage annulled right away" she demands on the phone.

"Have you told your father about this?" wonders Mr. Nelson.

"No I tried to call him today. I can't reach him" sighs Violet.

"Whom did you marry?" he asks her.

"Ashton Maxford. Of Maxford Enterprises. My father even warned me about him. I just did not see how sneaky the man really could be" sighs Violet. It was sure going to be a long week for her. The sooner the divorce was finalized the better. Then she would never have to see Ashton Maxford ever again. Nor did she plan to.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

• Please vote!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 227 55
Adriana must close a business deal that would save her company she worked for. She scrupulously made the project proposal awarded to her only to find...
2.4K 247 35
"listen Ashton, no one must know what a disgrace you are. If your secret is ever brought to light you will lose everything, your father's love, your...
591 10 30
Forced to marry him in order saving her father yet at first sight she falls for his brother Right or wrong ???? Yet the heart want what it wants rig...
3.8K 185 21
Elizabeth Taylor is not fabulous, she works hard as a bartender at night, saves money as best she can, and is struggling to help her ageing father pa...