Chapter 8

Violet

Violet

"You forgot the present for Leo!" he wheezes. Milton was a short little tubby man who was out of shape. He puffed and held his back a little as he handed a wrapped gift to Violet.

"Thank-you, Milton" she replies. He nods.

"Any time" he gasps. He heads back in the house.

Violet was not going to go to this birthday bash after what Leo had put her through. But after all he was the only one to put up with her for so many years. She could not miss out on his birthday. Leo meant the world to her. She knew he meant well with the whole Ashton bit.

"Limo is ready for you Miss. Harris" the driver informs her.

He opens the door like a gentlemen for her, she climbs inside.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Thanks" she replies curtly. She had not spoken to Ashton or Leo since the scene at the restaurant. Leo was lucky she was coming. Her phone buzzed. It was a message from Leo. She played his voicemail.

"Hey, I know you are really mad, upset with me and all. Please call me. Let me know how you are. Please don't miss my party. You know it won't be a party unless you come. SO please please come...anyway, I hope I will see you tonight. Miss you doll face" Leo left a long hefty message for her.

She smiled. He was sorry after all. She leans back and gets her seatbelt on in the limo. At least Ashton Maxford was not going to be there.

He got under her skin. She was not really sure why. So it was best to keep him at bay.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"Daddy?" Violet answers her phone.

"Hey pretty! How are things? I got your message" her father answers.

"Oh yes, about Mr. Maxford. Can you fill me in on the Maxford's?" she asks her father.

"Stay away from that Ashton" warns her father.

"Why Dad?" she asks.

"His father is a real thorn in my side. He made himself money. He wants to merge with my company. I knew his no good playboy son would come at that gala. I want you to stay away from Ashton. Do I make myself clear?" warns her father again.

"Dad, what can Ashton do to me?" she laughs.

"Pretty girl of mine. Just listen to me. Ashton Maxford is the spitting image of his father. He is used to getting whatever woman in his bed he wants. If he has his sights set on you, he will go after you" her father explains.

"Well he already has been going after me now that you mention it" sighs Violet.

"What?" her father gasps.