Gardenia. [discontinued]

By m00npeach

She's the kind of girl that everyone needs. More

Prolouge.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.

Chapter Four.

1.2K 83 70
By m00npeach

Gardenia waited by the library and she was reading her Environmental Science book. She wore a white turtleneck under a yellow corduroy dress, she had on her white keds. Her round silver glasses on while her hair was tied back in a low bun. She hated wearing her glasses but her Mom got so mad because she didn't spend a penny on them glasses for her to walk around blind and not wearing them.

Gardenia was nervous because this was her first date, her first outing with a boy. She didn't know if she was nervous because she wasn't gonna be with Batya like she told her parents or that she was gonna be with Harry. Gorgeous and very charming Harry who was crazy about her.

No one was ever crazy about Gardenia unless it was Bear.

Gardenia felt someone's hand resting on the small of her back, she turned around and she sees Harry. Gardenia smiled and she closed her book. "Hey." She grinned and they began to walk next to each other. Harry shyly smiles as he licks his lips. "Ready for our date, love? You're gonna have so much fun." Harry beamed and Gardenia stops at her locker so she can put her things away. "Would I really?" Gardenia teased and Harry nodded as he offered to hold her books while she put her things away, Gardenia gives them to him.

Helena comes walking down the hall and Harry knew it was gonna be something because she had this look on her face. She approaches them and Gardenia turns around, her smile wiped away from her face quickly. "What do you want?" Gardenia questioned and Helena tilted her head. "I didn't think you two would be dating? You've only been here for two weeks. Don't you think it's a bit too fast? You two are already shagging or something?" Helena pestered and Gardenia shuts her locker and she scoffed. "You sure keep a tab on me, Helena, I hadn't realized that I've been here for two weeks and you have. It's none of your business on what we're doing, all I know is that it doesn't have anything to do with you."

Helena evilly smiled and she runs her hands through her blonde locks. "So you two are rolling around in the mud uh? Girls like you are always so easy and fast." Helena says and Harry steps in front of Gardenia before she could shut her down. "Helena, piss off. Go bully someone else and next time, I won't stop Gardenia from slapping you even though right now you deserve it." Harry tells her and Helena reaches out to caress Harry's exposed chest but he stepped back.

Helena smirked and she licks her lips as she flipped her hair over her shoulder then she looks at Gardenia. "He's gonna get bored of you Gardenia, he's gonna fuck you and then he's gonna pretend that he has never even talked to you. Then he's gonna come crawling back to me because me and Harry both know that he misses me dearly." Helena says and then she walks off.

Gardenia knew this was a bad idea and now she was so unsure about the date, she walks off and Harry follows behind her. "Gardenia, I really hope you don't believe the folly that came out of Helena's mouth. She's lying and I would never do that to any girl, I have never done that to anyone. I actually fancy you a lot and I planned out this date and I even planned out the next six dates because I really fancy you." Harry tells her and Gardenia stops walking, she turns around. "Really?" She questioned and Harry nodded his head nervously. "Yes... you might think this is mad but my Mum always says that if you really fancy or like a girl then you would do just about everything to keep her, to hold onto her. I literally sat with my step-dad and I ran through all the date ideas to take you on. I talk about you to my sister.. saying how smart you are, and how incredibly gorgeous you are and they like you already and-and now I'm rambling because I'm freaking out." Harry stops talking and he covers his face.

Gardenia uncovers his face and she chuckles. "Don't be embarrassed and I'm not all that special, I don't really understand."

Harry mouth parted, he placed his hands on his hip as he looked at her as if she lost her mind when she did because he doesn't understand why she thinks that when she was the most perfect girl he has ever seen or been around. "Do I need to- why-why would you think that you're not? I want to know who made you think that? Is it Helena? I can go to her and I will tell her-"

"No, it's not Helena, it's my parents mostly. A story for another day." Gardenia tells him.

Harry grabs her hand and he kisses it, he held her hand and his skin was so warm compared to hers. She wanted to hold his hand forever and she was nervous about her parents but she didn't care anymore.

Harry guides her to a car and she looks over at him. "You have a car?" Gardenia questioned and Harry nodded with a small smile. "Yeah, I had it in the shop for a day or two." Harry tells her and Gardenia crosses her arms as she bites her lip, Harry had a car but took the subway every single day when he can drive to school. "You have a car but you take the subway, why is that?" Gardenia questioned and Harry went pale, he turned away from her and he opened the passenger door. "In you go." He motions for her to get into the car.

Gardenia shakes her head and she nudged his chest. "You didn't answer my question."

Harry rubbed the side of his face and she loved how squirmy he got. "Okay.. Okay. The day my car broke down is the day you rode the subway. I got my car fixed the next day but I wanted to see you so I rode the subway even though I didn't need to. Okay? There I told you and so can you get into the godforsaken car... please?" He asked her and Gardenia laughed as she got into the car.

Harry closes the door, he gets in on the other side and he starts it, Gardenia leans against the seat and she looks over at Harry who was backing out of the parking spot. "Where are you taking me?" Gardenia questioned and Harry looked at her, he smiled and he shrugged. "It's a surprise." He tells her and Gardenia rolled her eyes as she looks out the window. "You boys... and your surprises." Gardenia huffed and Harry giggles as he focused on the road.

Harry turns up the radio and Black Sabbath played. Gardenia didn't like rock music at all or she has never heard any good rock music.

"Who is this?" Gardenia questioned.

"Black Sabbath." Harry answered.

"Black what..?" Gardenia retorted.

Harry chuckles and he turns it up a little. "It's a band called Black Sabbath. There are a band from England. It's one of my favorites." Harry answered and Gardenia wasn't gonna front, she liked it and she slowly bobs her head as she listened. "If I played music like that in my house, my Momma probably thought I sold myself to the devil." Gardenia chuckled and Harry's eyes went wide. "Bloody christ, it's music." He replied and Gardenia shrugged because her Mom didn't even see the difference.

It was not so long of a drive but when they get to their date place, Gardenia gasped as she looked out the window. Coney Island. Coney Island is one of Brooklyn's favorite touring places. It was this huge amusement park that had just about everything. "This is so cool!" Gardenia exclaimed and Harry parked further down the street.

They got out of the car and Gardenia couldn't even stand still because she was so excited. She looks at the Wonder Wheel and the Cyclone Roller Coaster. "We gotta get on those, look there's even a freak show. I want to go to the freak show first, can we Harry?" Gardenia asked him and Harry grins as he grabs her hand gently. "Of course, love, whatever ya want to do." He tells her and the two teenagers walk into the huge amusement park.

Gardenia smelled so many different smells of food, music was everywhere and people their age were everywhere as well.

They got to the Sideshow and he got them tickets to go inside. Gardenia was smiling ear to ear as she looked around, it was fascinating to her. Bearded lady, women with tattoos all over their faces and a man who had his body stretched in odd ways. Gardenia stops in front of the bearded lady, she has a long beard and Gardenia smiles as she stares at her. "She's gorgeous." Gardenia smiled and the bearded lady looked very uncomfortable.

Gardenia looked around and she had trash around her area, she frowned because it could have been some dumb kids who threw all that around her. "How long did it take you to grow it so long?" Gardenia asked the lady, the lady looked at Gardenia and she wasn't sure if someone was talking to her. "Since I was about your age." The woman answered and Gardenia looked at the long, dark curly locks of hair that looked well groomed.

Gardenia smiles and she looks over at Harry who was just amazed as she was. "If I had a long beard, I'd put all types of bows, beads, and braids on some days." Gardenia says and the woman motions her to touch, they weren't allowed too but the woman allowed Gardenia to touch because Gardenia was so kind to her and respected her unlike everyone else that came in there.

Gardenia's eyes went wide softly, she gasped a little. "It's so damn soft."

Harry watches her touch it and he was smiling softly and Gardenia pulls her hands away, she held her hand out. The woman shakes it. "Thank you." Gardenia smiles and she stares at the woman, she looks around and she steps closer to the woman. "You are a human being, you're a woman just like every other woman" Gardenia tells her and the woman stares at Gardenia, she smiled as her eyes became glossy. The woman smiles. "W-What's your name?" The woman questioned and Gardenia grinned. "It's Gardenia."

"I'm Shirley and that's a gorgeous name, you are very kind Gardenia." Shirley says and Gardenia's heart melted because she tried, she always was kind to everyone because her parents taught her that people different from her were bad when it wasn't necessarily true.

Gardenia said their goodbyes and they moved on, they looked around and Gardenia talked to just about everyone in their circus show. Everyone she met liked her because she was respectful and she asked for permission, she asked them things about themselves that were outside of their show lives and she got to take polaroid pictures with some of them.

Gardenia walks next to Harry as she looks at the polaroid pictures, her favorite one was with Shirley who was hugging Gardenia like she was her baby.

Harry was amazed by her, but who wouldn't be? She is sweetheart Gardenia. "You're so nice it's so contagious." Harry remarked and Gardenia looks at Harry, she puts the pictures in her purse. Gardenia peers ahead and she smiles a little. "My entire life, people treated me like dirt and so I learned that it's a self-hate and it's a.. reoccurring cycle. People who hurt and bully other people have gone through the same thing. In Texas I was considered a freak because I was darker than a lot of the kids, my sister was a very openly queer so people automatically assumed I was too because we always went to the same school together so whatever she has gone through I did too. I didn't want to be that person who hurt other people, I want to spread that love, that kindness that I never really received."

Harry nodded and he wraps his arm around her shoulder, she bites her lip as she looked into his emerald eyes. "I hate that people hurt you and I love how you are so nice even though people can be so bloody terrible. That's why I adore you Gardenia." Harry explained and Gardenia wraps her arm around his back as she walked with him. "I adore you too." Gardenia replied and Harry thought it was so nice to hear her say that to him, he knew this was scary for her and her parents might not like she was with him.

Harry stops walking and he stops in front of a ticket booth to get some tickets for them to play the games and ride the rides. He got some tickets and he smiled. "Where do you want to start first?" Harry asked her and Gardenia looked at the Cyclone Roller Coaster and Harry's eyes went wide. "Are you sure you want to ride?" Harry questioned and Gardenia let out a scoff. "Of course, I do." Gardenia says and she drags him to the line. They waited in the line and Harry played with her hair as she leaned against him as they waited.

A couple of guys before them looked at Harry and Gardenia, they stared at them. Gardenia wasn't really paying attention but Harry was and he stared back at the guys. He was waiting for them to say something to them. One of them starts whispering to the other then he laughed. Harry's eyes furrowed and Gardenia turns around, she hugs him and she rested her cheek on his shoulder.

It has been so long that someone held Gardenia, it felt so nice. Her Father is so mean that she is afraid to even try to hug him, she wanted her Dad or her Mom to kiss her head or to comfort her but it was always her little brother who is only three years old that did those things. Gardenia hated how she had to rely on him but that is what made them so close. "You cold?" Harry asked her and Gardenia shook her head. "No, it's just no one has hugged me in a long time. The last person who hugged me like this was my grandparents and I haven't seen them in a long time." Gardenia whispered and Harry squeezes her a little as he rubs her back.

"Not even your parents?" Harry asked her.

"No, they're all about tough love. I'm scared to hug my parents." Gardenia mumbled.

Her parents sure pissed off Harry and he wished she didn't have parents like that, he couldn't imagine having parents like hers. "You shouldn't be, I hug my Mom without even asking her. Or my Step-Dad, I hug him all the time and he loves it." Harry says and Gardenia shrugged as she rested her cheek against his shoulder and he caresses her hair. "Well... you have me and I'll hug you all the time." Harry assured her and Gardenia smiles as she closed her eyes, he was so warm and soft that it was a feeling that was foreign to her.

The line moved up and Gardenia was so excited, they got onto the roller coaster and Harry looked at her. "You can hold my hand or squeeze if you're scared, okay?" Harry says and Gardenia was so excited she hardly listened to what he was saying and she was far from scared because she was a bit of an adrenaline junkie.

Gardenia looks at Harry and she squeals a little. "Oh I can't wait, they need to hurry." Gardenia rushed out and Harry chuckles as he watches her tremble with excitement.

"Everyone keep your hands, feet, and head inside the rollercoaster. Have fun."

Gardenia looks at Harry as the roller coaster starts and she clutches his hand. "Why are you so quiet Harry? You're scared?" She teased and Harry let out a small scoff as the roller coaster goes up. "Of course not, I rode this roller coaster so many times." Harry remarked and they got to the top of the tracks.

Gardenia looks over at Harry and she starts laughing, the roller coaster shoots down and screams erupted. Gardenia held her hands up as she laughed. Harry sat there and he watched her laugh the entire ride. He was so glad that she was having fun.

They get off the ride and they rode a couple more, Gardenia seemed to be quite fearless when it came to rides and he has never met a girl who didn't hesitate to get on the rides.

Gardenia giggles as they get off another roller coaster and now Harry was feeling a little bit queasy. "How about we save the rest of the roller coasters for another time?" Harry suggests and Gardenia nodded as she grabs his arm. She sees a photo booth and she points towards it. "Let's take pictures, it's a traditional thing if you come to a carnival like this." Gardenia says and Harry grumbled. "I hate taking pictures." He mumbled and Gardenia smacked her lips. "As good looking as you are, I don't see why you do." Gardenia remarked and she pushed him into the booth. "We take turns then we do one together." Gardenia says and she reaches into her purse, she puts a dollar in.

Gardenia waited for a moment then Harry comes out with a smirk. "Your turn."
Gardenia gets in and she starts doing different poses, a lot of them we silly but she knew they would be cute. She finished and Harry comes into the booth, he shuts the curtain. Gardenia nervously smiles and Harry puts his arm around her, he looks into the camera and they both smile. "Let's do a silly one." Gardenia smiled and Gardenia sticks her tongue out as she closed her eyes, Harry pushes his nose back and he smiles. A flash goes off and Gardenia chuckles as she scoots closer to him. They did two more poses and there was one more and she swallowed hard because she couldn't think of another pose and they had eight seconds.

Harry nervously looks down and he clears his throat as he looks at her. Gardenia smiles because she knew Harry was too shy to ask but she wasn't at all. "I know it's the first date, so um... can I.. kiss you?" She questioned him and Harry was immediately thrown off by the question. "Y-Yes." He answered and Gardenia leans forward, she looks into his eyes and she closes her eyes as she leans forward. She pressed her lips against his softly, the flash went off and Gardenia pulled away.

Harry is Gardenia's first kiss, she always wanted to know how it felt to have it and she finally did with someone who liked her. She smiled and she looked away from him and Harry exhaled because her lips were so gentle and soft.

They get out and they get their pictures, Gardenia looks at her and their picture together. She chuckles and her heart warmed at the picture of them kissing. Harry held out a copy towards her and he smiled, she held out hers and they exchanged each other's pictures. Harry stares at her and he couldn't believe he was with a girl as gorgeous as she was. "Awww, you say you don't like pictures but look at you. You're so handsome." Gardenia cooed and Harry rolled his eyes as he grumbled. Gardenia stares at the pictures and she smiles as she looks at him."I know a perfect place to put this.. I'm gonna put it in my locker."

"I would put your picture in mine but I don't use my locker." Harry remarked and Gardenia smacked her lips because of course, he didn't.

The teenagers decided to get some food, they ate some really good barbecue and now they were finishing off with decorated candy apples.

Gardenia sat with Harry on the bench in front of the rides and she was facing him. "I'm guessing you want to be some type of entertainer." Gardenia says and Harry smiles a little. "How do you know?" Harry questioned and Gardenia shrugged. "You're good looking, you have charisma and you have a creative and artistic way about you." Gardenia grinned and Harry nodded. "I want to be a singer." Harry mumbled and Gardenia gasped. "That's so amazing, why do you always skip choir? Batya says you have our choir class but I never saw you."

"Because I.... I hate our choir teacher. Mr. Aaron always kinda put me in the shadow even though I'm the best singer out of the entire class. I guess I'm a guy and he doesn't like how I sing better than the girls which aren't my fault. I would rather not be in the class at all if I have to shy myself away from my greatness." Harry shrugged and Gardenia understood because their teacher was an asshole so she didn't blame Harry for showing up.

"Do you write music?" Gardenia asked him.

Harry nodded and he smiled at her. "Yeah I'm writing some stuff and I recently got some inspiration." He grinned and Gardenia's eyes popped out of her head as her tongue poked the inside of her cheek. "Oh really?" She questioned and Harry wraps his arm around her shoulder. "Yes, I feel like you'll like it." He replied and Gardenia grins as she leans forward, she kisses his cheek and he immediately felt his cheeks become warm, he knew they were tinted pink.

Gardenia peers at him, she smiles as she tilts her head. "Can you sing for me?" Gardenia asked him and Harry let out a nervous laugh. "I don't know." He answered and Gardenia popped her lip as she pouted. "Please, just one little snippet?" Gardenia begged and Harry gave in, he sighs. "Okay, I'll sing a song that I really like." He tells her and Gardenia falls quiet, she waits for him and he closes his eyes. "Touch me in the morning, then just walk away. We don't have tomorrow but we had yesterday. Wasn't it me who said that nothing good's gonna last forever? And wasn't it me who said, Let's just be glad for the time together?" Harry stops and Gardenia was smiling so wide, she looked around and noticed that people were looking at Harry.

Their gazes lingered on him the entire time he was singing. Gardenia knew he sounded like an angel and she smiles as she leans forward. "It must've been hard to tell me that you've given all you had to give. I can understand you're feeling that way, everybody's got their life to live." Gardenia finished and Harry chuckles as he nudged her shoulder. "You like Diana Ross?" Harry asked her and Gardenia let out a small scoff. "I loooove Diana Ross, I've always been a big supremes fan."

"You sounded like an angel, goodness, you're gonna be so big." Gardenia smiles.

Harry hugs her and he kisses her head. "That means a lot coming from you." He states and it really did because a lot of what she says to him means a lot to him. "I believe in you Harry, even if everyone doesn't.. I will always believe in you." Gardenia assured him and at that moment, he instantly fell in love with Gardenia and she captured his heart now, he hopes that she will hold on to it forever because that's all he feels and sees when he's with her. Forever.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and things will get better but... a lotta shit is coming so y'all don't get mad at me lol.

It seems like people get so pissed at me because I be putting most of everyone's favorite characters through hell LMAOO.

Song used in this chapter:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 118 11
𝘚𝘗𝘐𝘕 𝘖𝘍𝘍 𝘖𝘍 𝘍𝘙𝘖𝘔 "𝘉𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘋"
913 38 12
19 year old Peony and 21 year old Savior have always had feelings for each other since highschool, now the two are in college together Ta'zari is ver...
201K 6.3K 48
𝚆𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚛, 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍'𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛.