Rewriting the Apocalypse

By xXSandy088Xx

In a world filled up with zombies, all his mind was taken by a single man: strong, handsome and cold; the sad... More

1_The Meeting
3_Letters
4_The meeting room
5_ Living Together
6_Along
Maps
7_ 1 year later
8_ Heaven and Hell
9_On my way
10_The boss
11_ Something is wrong
12_Bad Luck
Memory Fragments(YYf)
13_Deal between the bosses
14_ Hard Mission
15_ Life in Heaven
16_ The silent boy
17_The Hunters
apologize
18_ Getting captured again
19_Hide Wolfgang
20_Yang Yifei's arrival in Heaven
21_ Heaven (1)
22_Heaven (2)
Ling Song

2_explaination

4.6K 226 37
By xXSandy088Xx

I yawned and sat up as I rubbed my eyes on the comfy bed, I never felt this comfortable in 8 years since the Apocalypse started and now that I have 1 year of time to prepare everything I will make sure to create a place where I can feel at easy. "Looks like that I really did met a goddess" I said to myself and looked at the book beside me and grinned.

"...I'm so gonna kill all those shitty people that tried to make me become a sacrifice...Tsk" I got up and went to the bathroom to take a hot shower, since the Apocalypse started, many things were impossible to do at the beginning, such as taking hot showers, surfing on internet, calling someone; electricity stopped for a while, but then time passed and some scientists created some useful things to replace those useless technology, but they were sold for high price and people like me couldn't efford it. When the meteorites fell, the first things that were infected were the humans, then the animals and after a week even the plants. Water became polluted and to purify it, it takes time and energy, I lived working to have some water. Money became useless, and what they used to replace the money is meteors stone, they are inside the zombies' eyes, and they use that as proof that they contributed to kill those monsters, it's works like a job. The job is to kill zombies, then you gain money.

As for me, killing zombies at the beginning was impossible, even though I was gifted with Elements Manipulation, I was weak. Because of my illness I couldn't control my power that well. Who were gifted with powers, their body become more stronger and develope a strength and defence to such illness. Since I was already sick at the beginning, it took time for my body to gain such strength.
I look at my body and frowned, my body stopped to develope at the age of 14, so I was short and had a baby like face even though I was already 17 years old. The apocalypse began when I was 18... and my growth started to continue when i was 21 thanks to the strength I was gifted, but anyway, I still looked super young at my age then. I wasn't taken seriously since kids weren't good enough for those raids against the zombies.

Women were also strong, but most of them were afraid of zombies so they always hide with their kids, if not they were mostly the main targets not only for zombies, but for human males too.

After taking a long shower I dried my self and sat on my bed and looked at the book but before I could even open it, someone knocked at my door.

"Young master, I brought your breakfast" I heard the voice of a woman and I didn't even replied yet that she entered in my room with a trolley with my breakfast on it... cheap breakfast... ahh how could I forgot the most important thing of my life... my life was a shitty life.

The woman placed the trolley in front of my bed and glared at me before walking out again.

I sighed and chuckled a little.
Even before the Apocalypse I wasn't considered as a human being, my family have always been rich for many generations, money was something that I could never lack for.

But when my parents got into an incident, my evil uncle took the patrimony away from me, well I was still 10 years old back then... I thought they did that to help me... they treated me well at the beginning but that was all to take what was mine and now they do whatever they want with the money that was supposed to be MINE. They replaced the servants that worked here and replaced them with new ones that treated me like a shit... and when the apocalypse began, they didn't think twice before abandoning me and when they died, I heard something really interesting~ my illness was caused by them, poisoning me each day ruining my life.

I looked at the milk on the trolley shaking my head "I'm not gonna lose this chance to make your life a living hell~" I hummed happily and took the book "Let's see what I can do, right my dear Goddess?"

~•Cheating is good•~

I raised an eyebrow to the title of the book... seriusly? What a shitty title and fantasy you have Goddess... I layed down on the bed and opened the book and started to read.

"Hello dear player~
I'm your system that will lead you to win this game, I was created purposely just for you, so apart from you, no one can read this book, but! If you want to share this book, you must write the name of the person you also want to share this book.

Here are something you must know about the mission that I will give you:
1) I personally give you a mission where the rewards can be decided by you.
2) I personally give you a mission, but the rewards are decided by me.
3) You choose the reward you want to have, but I will give you the mission and the restrictions.
4) I give you two options of reward with restrictions without any mission (this option is granted only when I want)

Rules when changing the timeline:
People's life will be similar to your previous life, but if you decide to change their life, you can, but their life will be different form your previous life. You can save them from their death since destiny can be rewritten by human's choices.

I continued to read and then it looks like it was pretty easy and convenient, it was practically a manual of a game... well, I just need to see how the missions and rewards are.

I flipped to the next page after the reading the instructions.

At first it was a blank page, but then it appeared some words: "What do you want to do first?" Then after reading it, the words dissapeared.

Eh?... so this book has it's own brain? Or something like that?

"I'll be leading you in this life" the words continued to appear then disappear.

"Ahh... that's cool!" I said excited "Just like a World Distortion gift!"

When the Apocalypse began, humans started to develops some powers, there was 4 types of magic:

Elements manipulation .EM
Like me, I started to manifest a power that it's the lightening element, even though it is a destructive element, I wasn't that good and powerful like other poeple that manifested the same element manipulation cause I was weak.
=Wind, fire, soil, plants, thunder, light, darkness, ice, explosion, stones, smoke,etc...

~ level= can control the elements if it's present
~ level= can increase the amount of the elements.
~ level= can create the element
~ level= total control of the element.
In my previous life I only reached the second level, but finding thunder(electricity) was hard.

Magic manifestation . MM
Those people that have this kind of gift from the meteorites, are the people who can cast spell or create potion. Their spells are mostly about healing, making strong barriers, there are also some powerful MM gifted that can also transform an object in another thing like a fork in a pointy knife, but the materials can't be changed.
=heal spell, defense spell, poison spell, duration spell, destructio spell, etc...

~There are no levels, it only depends of the amount of energy the person develops

Weapon creation. WC
The strongest man, when the Apocalypse started has this type of magic... he was really strong, he could make appear in the air more than one hundred weapons and he has also created the ultimate weapon that can destroy a zombie with just one shot that it can be in any part of it's body, not only in the head. This man that I want to possess was the very same man that protected me (and the others) unluckily that zombie was a first generation, so it had a lot of power and Yang Yifei was badly injured before encountering that Zombie. So he used his last energy to protect us...

~1° level: can control little weapons such as knifes, needles, etc...
~2° level: can change the dimension of the weapon.
~3° level: they develope a spacial dimension where they can contain their weapons.
~4° level: the combination of the weapons and total control of every weapon.
Yan Yifei was in the forth level in just 2 years after the Apocalypse began.

World distortion .WD
Telekinesis, Teleportation, Body control, Weather control, Time manipulation on bodies, Gravity control, Space dimension, etc...
This power is the most feared one, but there were just a few people that have it.

Mind inclination . MI
Telepathy, Illusion, Super intelligence, Correct intuition, etc...
This power is the most useful one to the military service.

There are also some objects that can be found near the meteorites that fell, like this book that looks like it was a World Distortion gift even though it's from the goodness, but at least no one will ask me how I have this, I can just tell them it was a WD gift.

"Well what can I do first?" I touched my chin and thought of the most useful thing to have right now.
"I want to have my power back, Element Manipulation: Electricity" I wasn't sure if it was possible, since it was the meteorites that gave me that power.

"Reward accepted.
Mission= since it's your first mission, it will be easy. Throw out every person in your mansion.
Restriction of the reward= you can just use thin strings of electricity for 5 months."

"Oh... I wanted to develope my power... but looks like I can't, but-" Ling Song grinned "it will be a pleasure to complete this mission~"

"You must complete this mission in one day." The book added.

"WHAT!????! That's..." Ling Song doesn't have time to complain and started to think how could it be done. That wasn't an easy thing if it was just in one day.

His family have been part of royalty for 7 generations, and he was the only one of pure blood now, his uncle took the total command of this mansion when his parents died and that's how his uncle's family come to live here. His wife with his two sons and one daughter, they all bullied him every day and they would hit him sometimes. He found out that when he would reach the age of 16, the power must return to him, that's why they poisoned him, so that could never happen. They couldn't kill him, cause his father said that if there's no loyal blood in this family anymore, then the property will go to the nation for charity.

Ling Song looked at the milk that was on the trolley, there was poison in that, so it could be his proof that he wasn't lying, and he was already 17 even though he looks like a kid of 14 years old. But who should he tell this?
It passed a long time and he actually don't know anyone from the outside since he was always closed inside his room.

"Book." He looked at the same page and found out that his mission and reward was still written on it, so he believed that every decision he made would be written down.

"Yes? You can give me a name, since I'll be your comrade for a long long time"

"...I'll think of that later, can you give me some information? Since you have the same systems of a game, then you must have the name of those people that should help me"

"You pretend too much to me"

"You're title is -cheating book-" he said ironically.

"Well I can't tell you everything, but I can give you some hints"

"Why can't you just tell me the name?"

"My system says that if you give me the name, I can provide you the informations, if you need the name, I can give you some hints"

"Damn you book! I should just call you greedy book like your greedy Goddess, just give me the hints now" Ling Song said quite annoyed.

"You're father's dearest friend is a commander of the military service, you can find this information in your parent's chamber."

But I was prohibited to go out my room... well I'm not their Ling Song anymore, I fought with many zombies and simple minded humans doesn't scare me. "I want my reward now, can you grant me this wish? I promise I will throw this dirty people in the most cruel way"

"...wish granted"

The words dissapeared and under the mission that I was given, some new words appeared: "Wish of the player= have the reward before completing the mission, he promised to torture the poeple that are in his mansions"

"W-What? I didn't say I would torture them! How can I?" Ling Song sighed and just let it be, he got up from the bed and walked toward the door with the book, soon enough he remembered that there wasn't a normal knob with a key, but it opens with a password from the outside... he was like a prisoner in a mental hospital.

He placed his hands on the door and absorbed a large quantity of electricity then he looked at his fingers and miny electricity came out of each of his fingertips "Great~" the book said he could only use thin strings of electricit, but it was enough to do many useful things.

With his index finger he touched the door and released a good amount of power enough to open it and also modifying the alarm system and the door opened without problem.

No one was outside to guard the door, since who would ever think than he could escape? He's just a helpless little teen in a kid's body, wasn't he?

He hummed happily, thinking of the many things he could do that he never did before the Apocalypse, like watching a movie in the cinema, going to the arcade, shopping, eating in a restaurant, going to a zoo, swimming!! He never did anything that a human should have done at least once. He really should torture them like the book said.

Luckily he still remembers where was his parents' room, it was in the last floor. Each chamber's door can only be opened with a password, his parent's room can only be opened by him, his mom and his dad. Uncle tried to get the password from me, but how could he give it away? Even when they treated me, the password was something he promised my dad to never give it to someone else.

The technology of this mansion was top notch, for security.

He was running without making a lot of noise and he finally reached the last floor but then he heard people talking on the corner he was about to turn but stopped and peeked to know who it was. He saw the most hateful faces that he didn't see for a long time. It was his uncle's kids. He don't think he should fear them, since they are weaker than him.

He got out of his hiding "Hello~ long time no see my dear cousins~"

They turned their head and looked at him, they were a little fazed but then glared at him "How did you get out of your cage?" The eldest son spat those words with disgust walking toward him followed by the other two.

"I got out thanks with my magic! I learned some tricks after fighting with some walking decomposed corpse and also against greedy humans. I was so lonely you know? I didn't have no one? The one I wanted to posses died protecting me. No one helped me, so what about you help me and drop dead?" He said with a gloomy expression and walked toward theme. He was already 17, the oldest one was 16, but he was still taller than him.

"Did you become more stupid than before?" The girl laughed and pushed him on the ground.

His body was weak right now, so he couldn't do much but fall.

"I'm not stupid, books were the only thing I have in my room, uncle was kind to give me tons of books for pastime. Really really KIND" I grinned my teeth. I still remember those books even after 8 years of Apocalypse, they were useful at least. I survived thanks to my knowledge, but what I lacked was muscles... well that's difficult to have if I really don't like having exercise.

"Mhp, so you think you're more intelligent than us?" The second son asked looking down at me.

"Ahh even though I want to hit your head so badly, I still have something important to do." He got up and shot to their head with weak electric shock enough to make them loose conciousness for half a day.

He smirked as they fell on the ground and continued his trip not caring if he stepped on their hands or hair. "Sorry guys, I know you're just kids, but you don't deserve to live."

When I arrived in front of the main chamber I typed the password "My love Song" and he smiled softly, they loved to call me like that, they were the best parents ever and I'm happy that they died before the Apocalypse even started, so they wouldn't see how the world became. A really hateful place full of psychopathic humans.

He entered the room and closed it again and looked at the dusty and dark room. He switched on the light and saw that it was just like how he remembered it, just a little too much dusty. He walked toward the drawer near the royal bed and opened it, he remembers his father puts everything that he cares in it and he saw some letters inside it.

He took all of them and saw a picture slipping out of the bouquet of letters and saw the faces of his parents and couldn't resist but restrain his breath. They were so young and so lovely together... "I miss them..." he always did... but it passed a lot of time, he already passed the time were he would cry whenever he felt alone. He brushed the dust on it and saw that there was another couple of people in the same picture. It was a man wearing a military uniform hugging a woman in front of him.

"It must be him" he looked the backside of the picture and saw that there was something written on it.

"My dearest friend,
Congratulations for the birth of your son, I will come to visit you when I will have time but don't expect that it will be in a few days. But you have to prepare to the day I will come, it's been a long time since we last drank together.
~From Guan Xiaotong

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 4.8K 48
'Pointless' That is how the protagonist saw everything. It all started with an accident, but it is pointless to explain it here. His life ends, then...
213K 7.4K 44
Zen Yodai, 27 y.o virgin 'straight' man. He claimed to be 'straighter than a ruler' but some people doesn't believe it (Me). Anyway, he died in the a...
29.9K 1K 15
Xander had always been a bright kid almost frightening so and he'd probably be able to rule in whatever job department he choose but there was a slig...
54.5K 2.7K 20
After Tatsumi dies, he gets the chance to go back to his old life. Now, the only things he has to do, are missions. Missions in the world of an popul...