Gather The Ashes || Stilinski...

Por soulfulstiles

[BOOK THREE] Sierra Page struggled with moving on. The events from earlier that winter were permanently engra... Más

Rights
Cast
Playlist
Part One
One
Two
Three
RANDOM
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
VERY IMPORTANT PSA
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Part Two
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
NEW BOOK

Fifty-One

3.4K 107 35
Por soulfulstiles

THE SUN STARTED TO SET IN BEACON HILLS, BUT THE NIGHT WAS ONLY BEGINNING.

Jemma rushed out of the hospital elevator, her arms stocked full of various types of medicine. Her feet moved briskly down the dim hallway and she ignored the tarp-covered walls as she found Melissa.

Begrudgingly, Jemma had left her little sister at the high school. The action felt wrong, Sierra only offering her a small smile and a reassuring pat on the arm before she climbed out of the car. Unlike Sierra, she couldn't read Theo's mind; she didn't know what the kid had planned. But she knew it wasn't good.

However, Jemma held true to her word and raced to help the nurse keep Hayden alive for as long as possible.

As soon as Jemma walked into the mid-renovated room, the stench of death made her nose crinkle. And it only grew stronger the closer she moved to Hayden.

The sophomore looked weak, her eyes barely able to flutter open upon Jemma's arrival. Her skin, once white, now looked yellow and random black patches sprouted along her arms and crawled up her neck.

Mason, who stayed at Hayden's side, looked beyond worried--which explained the other emotions filling the air. Melissa did too, but covered it better by staying focused as she set up a heart monitor.

"Shouldn't we be talking to one of the doctors?" Mason questioned as Jemma spread the materials on a random counter.

"As good as that idea is, it wouldn't help much," Jemma stated in reply.

Melissa nodded in agreement, working on getting another IV attached to Hayden. "She's right. Hayden isn't human anymore, and the doctors would treat her as such. We're going to do everything medically possible to save her while her body undergoes changes that aren't humanly possible."

"Is she dying?" Mason whispered, his voice thick.

Melissa exchanged a look with Jemma. Both adults knew the outcome of Hayden's situation; they had dealt with these problems for a long time. Mason, on the other hand, was just a kid. He only knew what Sierra and Scott wanted him to know.

"Yes," Jemma decided to be honest, but spoke gently. "There's a lot of mercury in her system, Mason. That alone does a lot of damage. The fact that she's still alive right now is shocking."

Mason looked at Melissa for confirmation, and the slight downward tilt of her head told him everything. He blew out a heavy breath, raising his hands to rest them on the sides of his face.

He wanted to ask them more questions, ask if there was anything else they could do. But Jemma didn't give him a chance.

Her back straightened, her eyes narrowing towards the doorway.

Melissa noticed Jemma's stiffness and spoke up. "What's wrong?"

"Something isn't right," Jemma answered, keeping her gaze focused. "Are there any other areas in the hospital under construction?"

Melissa looked puzzled, but replied, "Just this hallway and the other wing."

"Sierra told me there are two more chimeras that haven't been accounted for," Jemma said, making Mason's anxiety grow. "And based on what I'm sensing, I think one is here."

"Why?"

A loud growl made Jemma's ears perk and for chills to run down her spine.

"I don't know," Jemma said honestly, already moving towards the door. "But I'm going to find out."

*^*^*^*^*^*

Poisoned.

Scott had been poisoned.

The realization made him want to scream from the roof of the library.

He had climbed up in desperation to escape the mountain ash barrier. However, it stretched all the way up to the sky, leaving him trapped for whatever Theo had planned. In frustration, he felt his chest tighten and gasped for breath until he pulled out his inhaler.

Except using it didn't help anymore--it only made Scott more drained. So he took out his anger and crushed it in his hand.

"Wolfsbane," he whispered in horror, recognizing the familiar purple powder coating his fingers.

The wheels in his brain turned quickly, trying to figure out how and when someone had the means to switch his inhaler for another.

Theo.

"Of course," Scott muttered, thinking to the night before at the animal clinic. His own inhaler had been conveniently smashed by a dread doctor's boot, and Theo offered his own. 

Scott made a mistake; he knew that now. Theo never wanted to be a part of his pack. He wanted to control it. But Scott only figured it out exactly when Theo wanted him too, which meant he played along to the sick chimera's game perfectly.

Scott destroyed the relationships that could've prevented this mess. Stiles and Sierra were off God knows where, leaving him weak without backup. And if he had been poisoned, who's to say Theo didn't hurt any of them too?

Scott released a sigh and turned around, ready to head back downstairs.

Dark clouds started to cover the stars, and thunder rumbled overhead. There was a storm coming.

Little did Scott realize it came in the form of a heartbroken beta, whose eyes swirled an angry gold with his claws as sharp as nails.

Scott froze at the sight of Liam standing behind him, seeing the familiar rage in his gaze. He watched Liam stalk from side to side, his glare never leaving Scott.

"Did Theo let you in?" Scott asked, raising his voice to be heard over harsh wind.

"Did you lie to me?" Liam retorted instead of answering his alpha's question. His voice was deeper, leading him to snarl with every word that fell from his lips.

Scott held his hand out, almost in defense as he replied truthfully, "I have never lied to you."

"But you won't save her," Liam snapped back.

"I can't save her," Scott reiterated what he said at the clinic, his tone practically pleading. "At least not with a bite. If you would just think about that for a second, Liam, you would know that I am right."

Liam responded with a sharp edge, "I am thinking." His breaths became more shallow and Scott could hear his heart beat accelerating to a rapid pace. "I'm thinking about alternatives."

"Liam, it's the super moon," Scott tried to get the beta to understand. "It's feeding your anger--it's making you more aggressive."

"It's making me stronger!" Liam corrected with a shout. Scott stared at him in shock as he continued, "You're going to keep your promise...even if it kills you!"

A menacing roar escaped Liam, drowning out in the howling wind. But it still made the hairs on the back of Scott's neck raise.

Then, Liam charged.

Scott did his best to keep Liam's claws at bay, ducking when a punch was thrown his way. Liam lost his balance, allowing Scott to keep the beta hunched over without even changing the color of his eyes.

"Liam, stop!" he commanded. "You're not going to save her by killing me."

His words didn't make a difference.

Just the mere sight of super moon caused Liam to jab his elbow back into Scott's nose. Scott stumbled, giving Liam time to throw another punch directly to his cheek. Another roar filled the air as Liam attacked, shoving the alpha onto the upper structure of the roof.

Scott groaned at the impact, but kicked Liam off of him. The beta fell on his right, but was already standing when Scott managed to get back up himself.

Liam lowered his head and rammed into Scott full force.

Scott had no control as he collapsed, his back crashing into the skylight and sending them tumbling into the library twenty feet below.

*^*^*^*^*

"About time you show up!"

Jemma withheld from rolling her eyes, ignoring Malia's comment.

Instead, she focused on the chimera currently choking the werecoyote. Dark, round bags made the boy look sick, but that didn't compare to the blood coating his chin. Sharp bones stuck out from his forearms, allowing him to press against Malia's neck.

Jemma flung her hand forward, a seismic wave bursting down the hallway. The sheer impact flung the unknown chimera off his feet, allowing Malia to catch her breath.

"You know, you should be lucky I came at all," Jemma sassed, holding out her hand to help Malia up. The werecoyote accepted the gesture. "Aren't you the one who has been pushing everyone away for a mission you don't want anyone other than Braeden to know about?"

"She told you?"

Jemma raised an eyebrow. "Um, yeah, she told me. We're best friends, Mal. We talk--especially when she finds out the killer she's been chasing for years turns out to be your mother."

Malia opened her mouth to interject, but didn't get a chance.

The half-Berserker boy had risen to his feet and sprinted towards the girls. Jemma caught his first attempt, sending a wave to hold his fist midair while Malia kicked him in the gut.

Then, a shot rang out.

Jemma recognized the sound and whirled around just as the boy dropped to the tile. His body trembled as bolts of electricity shot through his veins. However, it didn't keep him down for long.

Once the shock wore off, he scrambled to his feet and took off running down the hospital hallway--leaving them alone.

Jemma grinned from seeing Braeden holding her electric gun in her signature leather jacket. "Hey, we were just talking about you."

Braeden smirked as she walked over. "I'm sure you were. Now, can someone explain to me what the hell that thing was?"

Malia looked to Jemma, but the older empath just motioned for her to explain. Malia huffed, but said, "We call them chimeras. Long story short, there are these supernatural scientists called dread doctors. They've been turning teenagers into chimeras, but they keep dying."

"That one isn't dead," Braeden jutted her thumb to the direction where the boy sprinted away.

"Not yet, but I'm sure it'll happen soon."

Malia seemed to end the conversation as she turned her back and started walking, but with one look at each other Braeden and Jemma followed quickly.

"So, care to explain how you stumbled across that thing?" Jemma asked the teenager. "Or how the hell you're here at the hospital when Scott probably needs your help?"

Malia kept her eyes peeled for the chimera, but answered once the trio reached the stairs. "Theo locked me in a storage room. Said if I needed to help Scott, I needed to go with him."

"So this Theo guy tricked you?"

"Can we not talk about that part, please?" Malia asked, ashamed from Braeden's question. "I screwed up, I know that. I shouldn't have trusted him."

"At least you didn't have to leave your little sister alone at a high school with her former best friend and a hormonal beta with the power of the super moon behind him," Jemma remarked as they arrived at the doors on the base of the steps.

Braeden shot her friend a bewildered glance, the trio walking outside. "Well, it's obvious I don't know what the hell is going on," she commented, "but things are bad again. Aren't they?"

"Very," Malia agreed with a curt nod.

Braeden reported, "Well, this might sound worse then." Jemma and Malia turned at her words, stopping behind an ambulance. Her dark eyes focused on Malia. "Because your plan?"

"She knows," Malia realized the news without the mercenary uttering any of the details.

"Yeah," Braeden nodded. "And she's coming for you."

"The Desert Wolf knows Malia is alive?" Jemma asked, her eyes widened.

"And she's coming back to Beacon Hills."

*^*^*^*^*^*

Stiles didn't know how many more times he could handle listening to Sierra's voicemail.

"Hey, it's Sierra," her chirpy tone made him frown. "You just missed me!"

"Probably because she's hanging out with me," Stiles heard himself intercede, and he gripped the phone tighter. "But you can leave your name and number—"

"And I will get back to you," Sierra concluded with a laugh, before the line once again beeped.

"Sierra, I know we didn't leave things on the best note, but I really need you to answer me," Stiles stressed, running a hand through his hair. "Please call me back."

He released a sigh, and hung up before looking around the parking lot. Only a few minutes prior he had witnessed Parrish break out of his prison cell. Not only that, the deputy literally had smoke emitting from him as he stole more bodies.

Stiles wanted to track him to the Nemeton. However, neither Scott nor Sierra were answering.

He understood he screwed up; he shouldn't have lied to Scott and broke his promise to Sierra. However, they needed to know about Parrish. Now.

The sound of a car entering the parking lot made his head turn and he withheld a groan from seeing a familiar black truck.

Stiles shoved his phone into his pocket, walking over as Theo hurriedly got out. "Sorry," the chimera apologized, "I got here as fast as I could!"

Stiles brushed him off and already moved towards the passenger side, "We gotta go, now. Parrish has got the bodies."

"Okay, wait up, Stiles," Theo attempted to make him slow down.  "Wait—"

"Parrish is out and he's got the bodies," Stiles rushed, opening the car door. "We've got to find Scott and Sierra. And we've got to tell them—"

"Stiles!"

Stiles stopped. He shut the door and faced Theo with questioning eyes.

Theo stood in front of his truck, looking hesitant to speak. However he still said, "I don't think Scott wants to talk to you right now."

Stiles scoffed with a retort, "Gee thanks, I wasn't aware of that." He shook his head, "But it doesn't matter, he needs to know about this."

"Stiles," Theo tried again, hardening his voice. "Scott doesn't want to talk to you. And neither does Sierra."

Stiles eyed him, taking a step forward as Theo then pulled something from his coat pocket. He tensed when he recognized his library card—the one he had thrown away at the hospital.

"But I think your dad does."

Theo turned while he pursed his lips, fiddling with the card in his hands. "Your dad is looking for you, Stiles. He found me instead."

Stiles followed every step he took, realizing the hidden meaning in Theo's words. "Where is he?" he questioned, as a little smirk appeared on Theo's mouth.

Theo faced Stiles again. "I covered for you," he pointed out, and he held up the card. "This? This was taken care of."

He shook his head, his words growing bitter as he spit, "If Melissa didn't find it at the hospital....Guess even the son of a cop can make mistakes."

Stiles daringly stepped closer, his eyes narrowing into a glare. "Did you hurt him?" he demanded.

Theo's movements paused. "I never lied about why I came to Beacon Hills," Theo stated, avoiding Stiles's question. "I'm here for a pack."

Stiles didn't know what to say. His mind spun with the thought of his father being injured or held captive—but Theo went on.

"I came for the werecoyote," Theo declared, starting to walk in a circle around Stiles. "The one whose first instinct is to kill. I came for the banshee, the girl surrounded by death. I came for the dark kitsunethe beta with anger issues."

His lips curled into a sneer, "I came for Void Stiles! That's the pack I want."

Then, he barely lifted his shoulders into a shrug. "Unfortunately, that doesn't include Scott."

Stiles clenched his hands into fists at his sides, disgust rushing through him the longer he looked at Theo. Yet at the same time, Stiles noticed something.

Theo never mentioned Sierra.

The chimera chuckled, "You might be wondering where your little girlfriend fits into this. At first, I wanted her to be a part of my pack too. I mean, a mind reader? That would make everything complete."

He clicked his tongue in disapproval, and then pointed to Stiles. "But you two together? No, I didn't like that. You started asking questions and Sierra became too much of a risk."

Stiles wanted to kill him. He wanted Sierra's name out of Theo's mouth.

It was his fault. Stiles might've killed Donovan but Theo was the one who simply wedged himself in the middle, and laughed as Stiles's world crumbled around him.

Stile dug his fingernails into his palms, clenching his jaw so he wouldn't lash out.

Theo smirked in amusement. "Your heartbeat is rising, Stiles," he commented. "And it's not because you're afraid. The Nogitsune is gone, but you've still got more blood on your hands than any of us."

"I'm about to get more."

The longer Stiles glared at him, the more anger rushed into his veins. Not only did Theo insinuate that his father was hurt, but he hinted at Sierra being taken out of the equation. Would the last thing he ever said to her be their argument? The fight where he let her walk away.

Theo grinned, and glanced down at the library card again. "I'll tell you where your dad is," he said as he set the card on the hood of his jeep. "If you promise to not help Scott and Sierra."

Stiles swung as soon as her name fell from his mouth.

His fist collided with Theo's nose, but even as Theo stumbled he couldn't help but laugh.

"There he is!" Theo announced, his tone sharp. "That's Void Stiles!"

"You're sick," Stiles spat.

"It felt good, didn't it?" Theo asked instead, egging him on.

Stiles punched him again.

This time, Theo found himself in the dust with a groan, blood dripping from his nose. Yet his grin didn't fade.

"But won't tell Scott or Sierra," he said, watching Stiles grind his teeth in frustration. "'Cause you can't lose your best friends, right? Even though we both know you never needed them!"

Stiles tackled him, unable to hold back. He shoved Theo's head back into the gravel, his hands tightly grasping his collar. His knee pressed into Theo's chest so he couldn't get up.

"You don't know anything," Stiles yelled in his face, his voice as cold as ice. "I only lost them—I lost her—because of you."

"You hate me now, but you'll get it eventually," Theo retaliated, just as aggravated. "This is the hard part! You can't help Sierra or Scott and save your dad's life."

It was Stiles's worst nightmare come true.

He had to make a choice.

He didn't know what Theo had in store for Sierra and Scott, but he did know what the girl had suffered already. Even though she claimed to take care of herself, she had died before....Stiles didn't think he could imagine losing her more than he already had. He didn't want to face that pain again—the shock he felt in that school hallway when he saw her lifeless body.

Theo knew this. He put the sheriff's life on the line so Stiles would be forced to step back from the love of his life.

His dad wasn't like Sierra or Scott. He couldn't heal from normal wounds; he was a human. He was also the boy's life support. When Stiles lost his mom, he got through it because his dad was still there to put his hand on Stiles's shoulder. Noah was Stiles's only biological family left. If Stiles lost him...

"You've still got time, Stiles," Theo warned him. "You've still got time. So what's it gonna be?"

*^*^*^*^*^*

Scott grunted as his back slammed into the tile floor again at the base of the stairs, Liam's roar bouncing off the library walls. The beta was completely out of control, ignoring Scott's pleas and beating him every time the alpha raised back to his feet.

Scott didn't know how much more he could take, not while his body fought off the wolfsbane poisoning from Theo.

He stayed on the ground for a moment, wondering if it would be even worth standing up. Liam would only knock him down.

Then, a hand appeared. Fingers outstretched for Scott to clasp onto. He stared at it, confused, until his eyes followed the arm up to a familiar face.

"Sierra?" he managed to exclaim, trying to catch his breath. "What're, what're you doing here?"

Sierra grabbed his hand, pulling him to his feet as she stated, "Just because you don't trust me anymore, doesn't mean I'm going to let you die."

Even though relief should've flooded through Scott, he started to shake his head. All he could think about was Theo's warning.

She doesn't come, you die. If she does, she dies.

"No," Scott blurted out as Liam glared at his leaders. "No, Sierra, you can't be here. You have to leave. Okay? Now. Theo poisoned me and he wants you--"

"I already know Theo's plan," Sierra cut him off. "And I know he poisoned you. I think he poisoned me too."

"What?" Scott demanded. "How?"

"My water bottle," Sierra explained vaguely, but didn't continue as she caught sight of Liam moving. "But now isn't really the best time to talk about it."

Scott tensed as he followed her gaze, seeing the aggressive rage in Liam's eyes. He curled his hands into fists. "He can't take us both."

"Weren't we just talking about how we were both poisoned?"

Sierra's question went ignored.

Liam leaped onto a table, his lips sneering as he narrowed in on the two seniors. Sierra reacted quickly, throwing her foot just in time to kick him in the chest. Liam stumbled, while Scott pulled Sierra up the stairs to create more space.

"Don't do this Liam," Sierra begged the boy, breaking away from Scott to move a step closer. "You know I can't let you kill Scott."

Yet Liam only saw red. He saw black outlines, not the desperate look on Sierra's face. He saw targets.

Sierra noticed the moonlight pouring into the windows, and remembered how powerful it was supposed to be. Without hesitation, she flung her hand forward. A red beam shot out from her palm, knocking Liam down.

One simple move made her bones ache but she did it again as she called to Scott over her shoulder, "Try to transform! If the moon is feeding Liam, it can feed you too."

Scott nodded, even though he was scared. He didn't want to hurt his beta. However, at this point, it looked like he didn't have a choice.

Scott turned to the window and opened his tight fists--caving into the anger threatening to overtake him. With one growl, Scott's eyes matched the blood staining his skin. Claws sprouted and a scowl came over his lips.

Sierra panicked at how close Liam had gotten in those few moments and flung another pulse to keep him back. The energy struck his shoulder--but he didn't even flinch.

Before she could comprehend the action, Liam was taking her and Scott on simultaneously. The duo, not having another option, ganged up on the beta. Their movements were fluid, almost as if it was choreographed. Sierra connected herself to Scott so she'd know when he'd strike, and timed a defense to Liam's counter attack. They were perfectly in sync.

But they were also tired.

If it had been anyone else, if Scott and Sierra didn't feel the energy draining from them with every punch, Liam would've been annihilated. But over the past few weeks, Sierra had overexerted herself. Especially taking on the dread doctors at the hospital, it was a miracle she could even stand.

The excruciating pain reminded her of Mizuki, how everything went fuzzy and she couldn't focus.

It was this distracting thought, this single second, that caused Liam to swipe. Sierra staggered back, falling into the library railing. His claws cut deep, Sierra feeling the burn stretch across her cheek.

Liam didn't even notice. He was too busy attacking Scott.

The true alpha felt too many emotions to even comprehend the situation. Anger filled his veins from not seeing Theo's red flags. Guilt ate his insides from how he yelled at the two people who were trying to protect him. Sadness flitted through his eyes as he wrestled with Liam, his first beta. The boy who had become like a little brother.

The boy who Scott had to throw down the stairs.

This didn't stop Liam though. His launched one of the chairs towards Scott, who jumped off the steps at the perfect time. Scott landed on his feet, glancing up to see Sierra on the second floor.

She motioned for him to join her and within moments, Scott propelled himself up to the ledge with a single flip. Sierra caught him through her powers before he fell back, helping him over the railing. Both of their chests heaved up and down as they held onto one another, peering down to where Liam remained.

Liam scowled, and marched over to the stairs to follow them.

"Are you okay?" Sierra rushed out, seeing a wound torn through Scott's jacket. "You're bleeding."

Scott coughed, but he noticed the blood dripping from her face. "So are you."

He angrily turned back to Liam.

"Theo's using you," Scott called out to him. All the beta needed to do was listen. "He wants you to be alpha."

"He can't take the power from Scott, only you can," Sierra agreed, holding Scott up with the little energy she had. "But Liam, once you do, he'll take it from you."

Liam rolled his shoulders, baring his teeth. But Sierra didn't give up. "Theo wants you to kill Scott."

"That's what you don't get, Sierra," Liam snapped, his voice gruff. "I want to kill Scott."

Sierra swallowed hard as he reached the top, standing only a few feet from her. With one blink, her eyes flicked silver and red tendrils swirled around her hands.

She moved forward, Scott trying to get her to stay back.

"Then you'll have to go through me first," she stated firmly.

Liam roared, causing another battle to begin. Scott winced as he slammed Sierra into a bookshelf. Within seconds, Sierra flipped the situation and braced her arms around Liam's neck. He struggled in her grip, but she gritted her teeth and focused on the red beams flowing from her fingertips. If she could only just hit his mind, she could put him to sleep.

Just like she did with Peter.

But Liam knew this, and flung her off of him with a jab to the stomach. Sierra tripped, a yelp escaping her as she fell down the stairs.

Scott sprung into action, chasing Liam, who launched himself after her. Right as his fist came down, Sierra rolled out of the way.

Scott managed to ram into Liam from behind, and the two tumbled.

Sierra watched with her jaw dropped as they landed back on the first floor, only for Liam to roughly shove Scott back to the steps again.

Liam's claws curled and Sierra didn't recognize him as he snarled like a dog. He leaned down, shifting his balance to his toes--and Sierra knew what he was about to do. Because Scott hadn't gotten back up.

Both of her hands flung forward.

The earth rumbled. The lights surged. Bookshelves collapsed, the wooden tables splintered.

And Liam and Scott flew.

Scott collided into a post, the impact rattling his bones and blurring his vision. Liam grunted from where a half a table landed on top of him.

Sierra collapsed. Her fingers trembled uncontrollably, and a sharp ringing echoed through her ears. Her back pressed into the floor, and every breathe felt like an elephant crushing her chest. Every blink looked like a fish eye lens.

She didn't hear Scott shout. She didn't see Liam get back up, or sense his overwhelming rage as he narrowed his glare to where she had fallen.

But she felt it.

Every slice of her skin, every drag of his claws. And she couldn't do anything to stop him.

"LIAM!"

Mason screamed from seeing his monster of a best friend lose control.

Over and over again...until Liam finally stopped.

The beta's heart beat a mile a minute, but his hand hung in midair, covered in Sierra's blood. Slowly, he turned to see Mason looking at him in horror.

"What're you doing?" Mason cried out at the gory sight.

Only then, did Liam realize what he had done. His eyes shifted from his hand, to Sierra coughing up more blood from underneath him. "Hayden," is all he managed to croak out.

"She's gone," Mason revealed the terrible news he had been sent to bring by Melissa. His voice was thick with hurt. Liam's eyes flickered brokenheartedly brown.

"Hayden died a few minutes ago...she's gone."

*^*^*^*^*^*

After Liam raced out of the library to get to his lost love, Mason tried desperately to help Scott and Sierra.

Scott managed to stand with the boy's assistance but found himself on his knees as he knelt beside Sierra. He couldn't care less about his own injuries.

He could hear her heartbeat, but it was faint. And the longer Scott stared at her, the paler her skin became.

"Why did you do that?" Scott asked her as tears threatened to spill from his eyes. "Why do you always sacrifice yourself to save me?"

Sierra sent him a ditzy smile from where she laid, but Scott saw it as more of a grimace. "You're my brother, Scott," she whispered, wincing from the pain firing throughout her body. "I'd do anything for you."

Scott sniffled and grabbed hold of her hand. "Just hold on, okay? Hold on, Sierra. You're gonna be fine, I'm gonna get you out of this, Sisi. You're gonna be fine."

Scott tore his gaze away from her to see Mason looking at them worriedly. "Go get Jemma," he ordered, though his voice cracked. "Go get my mom."

Mason nodded, too overwhelmed to speak. He backed away from the pair, turning around to race out of the library.

But he didn't expect to see Theo standing behind him.

The chimera's eyes were ablaze, beyond furious at the boy's interruption in his scheme. "Seriously?" he demanded. "You couldn't wait five more minutes!?"

With one swing, Theo knocked Mason out—the sophomore crumpling to the floor.

Scott moved protectively over Sierra and growled in warning as Theo stalked over.

But the chimera had run out of patience.

"I should've stayed," he snarled, his claws sprouting from his fingertips. "I should've made sure."

"Because now you have to kill us yourself," Scott knew the thoughts running through Theo's head.

"Oh, so you're the mind reader now?" Theo scoffed, shaking his head. "They're still mine, Scott. Maybe not yet, but they'll come around."

"Not for you."

Theo's claws shot forward, piercing Scott's stomach. Scott gasped from the sharp pain, and Theo scowled before twisting his claws in deeper.

Then, he tossed Scott aside—forcefully knocking the alpha's head into the cement.

And for Scott, everything went black.

Theo turned his attention to the true empath trying to raise to her feet. Her skin felt like fire and blood coated every piece of clothing. But Sierra wasn't about to let Theo get what we wanted.

"You're not gonna kill him," she spat. "Not as long as I'm here."

Theo smirked.

"You have it all wrong, Sierra," he shook his head with a click of his tongue. "I don't want to kill Scott, not anymore at least. He could be useful—like the others."

"No more games, Raeken," Sierra stated angrily. "What the hell kind of angle are you trying to play now?"

Theo held up his bloody claws in mock surrender. "No game, Page. I just finally realized where I messed up." He moved towards her and she eyed him carefully. "You see, I wanted to kill Scott because I thought if I took the leader, you all would crumble. But I realized if I wanted them to truly break apart and follow me, I needed to take something a little different."

Sierra scowled. "And what is that?"

"Their hope."

Before she could react, Theo attacked. The weakened empath didn't stand a chance.

Theo marveled at the sound of her crying out from his claws tearing through her abdomen, adding on to the damage Liam had already done.

"Your little connections were the only things keeping this pack together," Theo barked, lifting her slightly off the ground. "Without you, how easy do you think it'll be for me to convince Scott and Stiles that you were holding them back?"

"They're not like you," Sierra gasped through the pain. "They'll never be like you."

"Why?" Theo demanded, digging his claws deeper into her insides. "Because I'm a chimera? Because I'm not a real werewolf?"

"Because you're barely even human."

Theo screamed, his body shaking in anger. Life slowed down after he shoved her to the floor.

Her legs collapsed from exhaustion. Her back collided with a broken table.

As he turned his back, his smirk grew.

He heard her last attempt to breathe, the wispy sharp inhale that caused tears to fill her eyes.

He heard her final whisper, one full of disbelief and pain.

"Mom?"

However, what gave Theo the most satisfaction, was hearing the final heartbeat. The one that didn't repeat.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

48.4K 2.5K 58
━━━𝑼𝑵𝑲𝑵𝑶𝑾𝑵 𝑵𝑼𝑴𝑩𝑬𝑹 ❝unknown number: it's amazing how cheap iguanas are if you get them from a guy in a van scott: um...❞ ( scott...
584K 15.3K 50
[BOOK ONE] "You have me, okay?" Stiles told her seriously, and then dropped his voice into a whisper. "You'll always have me." ^*^*^*^*^* Normal peo...
32.8K 834 49
You just moved to beacon hills and Are living the life. You are friends with these Popular Juniors until your world is flipped upside Down when you f...
400K 13.9K 29
GENESIS [ BOOK FIVE ] COMPLETED It's been seven years since Harper Verum had fought beside her pack in a supernatural battle, and three years since s...