Training Shinso

By symphiel

Hitoshi Shinso is finally accepted into the Hero Course and joins Class 1-A. However, he is far behind his ne... More

Prologue: Hitoshi's Background
Chapter 1: Training Begins
Chapter 2: Jokes On You
Chapter 3: Oh, Mamma Mia
Chapter 4: A Little More Conversation
Chapter 5: Breaking Free
Chapter 6: Memories
Chapter 7: False Memories
Chapter 8: Cats. Lots of Cats
Chapter 10: Can't Fight This Feeling
Chapter 11: Lockdown
Chapter 12: Lockdown Part 2
Chapter 13: Lockdown Part 3
Chapter 14: Hold On As Tightly As You Held Onto Me
Chapter 15: Inside Your Mind
Chapter 16: The Truth
Chapter 17: Playing With My Emotions
Chapter 18: A Lovely Day & Cat Puns

Chapter 9: 1-A Helps Shinso

4.6K 233 122
By symphiel

Author's note~
Thank you sm guys for 1K reads and also getting this fanfic to 4 in #ShinDeku, I- 🥺❤️

Friday~
After school

Izuku ran into the common room to find Iida, Uraraka, Todoroki and Asui playing a board game.

"Hey, guys!"

Tenya looked up at his friend and greeted him politely, "Oh! Hello, Midoriya! We were just starting Trivial Persuit; would you like to join us?"

"Thanks for the offer, Iida, but I actually needed to ask you all something. You know you said you'd be happy to help out with Shinso's Quirk training? Well, we'd like to take you up on that offer now if you're still up for it?"

Uraraka's eyes sparkled as she jumped up from her seat, "Of course! I'd love to help!"

"Yes, definitely!" Iida exclaimed, "I'm always up for helping out a fellow classmate."

Todoroki nodded calmly, "Sure."

"Sure thing, Midoriya," Tsu said.

Midoriya grinned, "Great! We need as many volunteers as we can get. Do you think you could help ask around and see if anyone else would like to participate?"

"On it! I shall gather the volunteers in an orderly fashion!" Iida confirmed.

The small group parted as they went to search for their other classmates.

Fifteen minutes later, all the classmates that had agreed to help out gathered in the training room. Aizawa and Shinso were already there when the volunteers, lead by Midoriya, arrived. They consisted of: Uraraka, Iida, Todoroki, Asui, Kirishima, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Koda, Sero, Ashido and Hagakure. Bakugo was also present, although he stated- or rather yelled- that he wasn't taking part, only observing because he had 'nothing better to do'. The classmates that were not present were either napping, baking or doing homework.

Shinso's face lit up for a moment as he marvelled at all the people who actually agreed to help with his training, but he quickly masked that with his accustomed bored expression. "Thanks for coming, everyone. I appreciate you agreeing to help."

"No problem, Bro!" Kirishima said with enthusiasm, giving him a thumbs up.

Tsuyu placed a finger on her chin as she queried, "What does this training entail? I know we're improving Shinso's Quirk, but what is our role in this, ribbit?"

Aizawa explained indifferently, "To summarise,  we have been completing different tasks as we go along. Once completed, we will move onto the next. So far the tasks have only required one subject, which was Midoriya. Now, however, our current task is to find out how many people Shinso is able to brainwash instantaneously, and how many altogether."

There were a few "Ahhh"s as the students began to understand.

"Awesome!" Denki grinned.

Mina exclaimed excitedly, "This is going to be fun!"

Bakugo rolled his eyes and sneered, "Tch. Sounds lame, if you ask me." He was stood at the back of the room, his back leant against the wall and his arms crossed. He had his typical surly expression plastered on his face.

Izuku's eyes widened as he only just noticed Katsuki was there, "Kacchan! Are you helping out with the training too?"

Bakugo pushed himself off the wall and clenched his fists angrily, "Of course not, you damn nerd! I got nothin' better to do so I just came to see what would happen!"

Midoriya hunched his shoulders defensively and waved his hands frantically, "O-okay, th-that's fine!"

"Hrghh, just get out of my way, stupid Deku!" Kacchan yelled.

Kirishima held up his palms, "Bakubro, calm dow-"

"Did I say you could fucking talk, Shitty-Hair?!"

Aizawa snapped, "Bakugo, either quit your petty yelling or just leave. The rest of your classmates were kind enough to give up some of their free time to help out. Do not waste their time because if you insolence. And watch your language. I will have no foul-mouths in my class."

Bakugo gritted his teeth in rage and crossed his arms again, turning his head away sharply as he glared at the window. He didn't leave though.

Eraserhead turned back to the class, his tone slightly more irritable than usual, "Now that that's settled, shall we begin?"

"Yeah!" The class cheered in unison.

Momo said inquisitively, "So what do you need us to do?"

The teacher instructed, "First, I want you all to line up in no particular order." Once they had done so, he continued to explain, "Shinso is going to say something to you and each of you will answer at the same time. It does not matter what you say, just respond verbally. Understand?"

The students nodded.

Hagakure raised her hand but, upon realising no one could see it, she cleared her throat instead to grab their attention. "Does it hurt whoever you use your Quirk on?"

Shinso replied thoughtfully, "Well, I have never experienced the receiving end of my Quirk, but no one has ever complained about it hurting before."

"Why don't we ask Midoriya? He's been brainwashed by the Quirk before," Kaminari suggested, giving Izuku an expectant grin.

The remainder of the class looked at him curiously.

Izuku blushed at all the attention and sheepishly scratched the back of his head, "Eh-no-no, it doesn't hurt. It's hard to explain but it kinda feels like you're being wrapped in a warm blanket and you can't move, and your mind feels so relaxed but you're kind of aware of your surroundings- as if you're watching yourself from a different perspective, I guess. It'll be easier to understand once you've experienced it yourselves."

"That sounds so weird but I'm intrigued to see what it feels like," Uraraka said absently.

Tokoyami murmured, "Interesting..." He rubbed at his beak, "I must say, I am rather curious myself."

"Shall we get started then?" Hitoshi asked, receiving nodded confirmations from his classmates.

He asked a simple question, "What school do you guys go to?"

"U.A." they all replied in synchrony.

They waited expectantly but nothing happened.

"Did it work?" Kirishima broke the silence.

Hitoshi shook his head, "No. I guess thirteen people is too many to brainwash at the same time."

"Start with two and work up from there," Aizawa said.

Shinso nodded and turned to the two girls stood directly opposite him: Mina and Toru.

"Ashido, Hagakure. What's your favourite animal?"

Mina replied happily, "Dolphins."

"Chameleons," Toru responded.

There was a slight pause before Shinso scowled. "It's not working." He was going to cut them off mid-sentence but it seemed he was unable to to control even two people instantaneously.

Eraserhead remarked, "It appears it is not within your capability to control multiple people at once. Not to worry, that's not too big of a disadvantage and we can find a way to work around it. We still have yet to find out the maximum number of people you can brainwash altogether. We now know that you will have to go one at a time."

Hitoshi nodded, still a little peeved that it hadn't worked. "Who would like to go first?"

The class remained silent. They were probably slightly nervous as they hadn't witnessed the Quirk working up close and in person before.

Izuku grinned sweetly and raised his hand a little, "I will." The innocent smile on his face fell into a blank expression; his lips parted slightly and his hand dropped to his side. His body stiffened and his emerald green eyes faded into a milky white as he gazed unresponsively into the distance.

"Woah.. man, that was awesome. And also a little creepy," Kirishima remarked. He was stood next to Midoriya in the line and raised his hand to wave it in front of the boy's face. No reponse. No acknowledgement that he was there. Izuku didn't even blink.

"Deku?" Uraraka looked at her friend then asked Shinso, "Can he hear us?"

Hitoshi answered, "Yeah, kinda. He's aware of his surroundings but his memory will be quite hazy when I relinquish my control over him. I'm now able to choose whether or not my targets remember or don't remember what happens when I'm brainwashing them."

"What if he fucking died? Would he remember that?" Bakugo growled grumpily from his little corner. Most of the class rolled their eyes; some look a little concerned. Shinso didn't even know how to respond to that.

Todoroki asked flatly, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the target released from the Quirk's control after being knocked? Well, that's what I gathered from Ojiro's description."

Hitoshi smirked lightly, "That's right. Although, Da- Aizawa Sensei and Midoriya helped me with that. We trained so that I could maintain control even after they are jostled. I still need a bit of practise though as it requires a lot of concentration and tends to give me a killer headache."

Kaminari gasped slightly, "Woah that's insanely powerful."

Iida stroked his chin, "I would have assumed your Quirk couldn't be improved much farther than its core capabilities as it is a mental-type."

"I thought so too, until I was proved wrong." Shinso smiled slightly. "Anyway, who wants to go next?"

Eijiro shrugged, "Sure, man."

Hitoshi activated his Quirk and, just like Midoriya, Kirishima's body stiffened and his eyes turned white.

Next was Kaminari, then Iida, Uraraka, Todoroki, Tokoyami, Asui, Koda, Mina. Shinso winced at Hagakure's turn.

"Is Hagakure brainwashed? I can't tell," Sero remarked.

"No." Hitoshi and Toru stated at the same time.

Toru, Hanta and Mina were the only students remaining that weren't brainwashed; the rest of the class were staring into space.

"It appears that ten is your limit. Very impressive, kid," Aizawa said. "Now try giving them all a command."

Shinso looked at his brainwashed classmates and ordered, "Take one step forward." The ten students obeyed his command. Hagakure, Sero and Yaoyorozu gasped in awe. Even Bakugo lifted his head in interest.

"Raise your right hand," Hitoshi said. Nine students complied. "I said your right hand, Kaminari. Not your left." Denki dropped his left hand and raised his right.

"It's slightly worrying that he truely believed that was his right hand..." Yaoyorozu said.

Sweat started to collect on Shinso's forehead as he said, "Drop your hand and turn around." Again, they did as he asked.

"Dude! It's like you've got your own personal army!" Sero exclaimed.

Hitoshi let out a groan as he clutched at his head, straining from the effort of controlling so many people at once. This was more than double the amount he'd ever tried before.

"Shinso, are you alright?" Momo asked, concern lacing her voice.

Blood began dripping from Hitoshi's nose and he let out a sharp cry of pain, falling to his knees. His control over the ten students was broken and they all looked around, dazed and blinking. Midoriya, having grown accustomed to this feeling by now, gasped when he saw Shinso on the ground. He reached him moments after Aizawa and Yaoyorozu.

"Kid, are you alright?" Eraserhead asked, his hand on his son's shoulder.

"Are you hurt?" Izuku questioned, worried for his friend.

Shinso shook his head and swatted Shota's hand away, "I'm fine. Just felt a little faint." He was about to wipe the blood from his nose using his sleeve but Momo quickly offered him a handkerchief, created from the lipids in her arm. "Thanks," he mumbled and took it, wiping the blood away.

Aizawa scowled, "Yaoyorozu just saved you from owing me 12,000¥ for a new school blazer."

Shinso rolled his eyes and stood up, a little unstable on his feet. Izuku supported him until he had regained equilibrium.

"I think that's enough training for today," Eraserhead said.

Hitoshi's eyes met the gaze from his classmates, "Thank you all for helping me train. I learned a lot today."

"Of course, dude!" Kirishima said.

"It was pretty dope," Kaminari grinned.

"Y-yeah! It was fun," Koda stated quietly with a shy smile.

The class began moving towards the door, chatting away happily, either about the training or other teenage stuff.

Izuku walked next to Hitoshi and beamed at him, "You did amazing today!"

Shinso scratched the back of his neck, "Thanks. I'm a little peeved that I'm not able to brainwash even two people at the same time, though."

Midoriya wafted his hand nonchalantly, "That's not too much of a drawback. Being able to control ten people altogether is amazing and incredibly powerful. You could literally control a whole gang of criminals to turn themselves in to the police."

"I guess you're right," Shinso said, feeling grateful at Izuku's attempts to cheer him up.

"OUTTA MY WAY, LOSER."

No one could mistake Bakugo's infamous ill-tempered voice. The students raised their heads just in time to witness Kacchan barge past Koda as they tried to go through the door at the same time. Koji fell to the ground and Kirishima offered him a hand up. "Not cool, man!" He complained to his friend.

"WHAT? THE FUCKING EXTRA WAS IN MY WAY. SO I MADE HIM NOT IN MY WAY."

Koda looked down at his feet, trembling slightly.

Shinso gritted his teeth and knitted his eyebrows together in irritation. He left Midoriya's side to step up to Bakugo. "Apologise to him."

Katsuki growled in rage, "EXCUSE YOU?

"I said," Hitoshi activated his Quirk. "Apologise to Koda."

Bakugo's raged expression cleared as he stared blankly. "I'm sorry, Koda."

The class watched in shock; a few people- we can probably guess who- snickered.

Shinso smirked, "Now, go and finish all your homework like a good little student."

Bakugo turned around and walked calmly out the door whilst the rest of the class gawked in disbelief. Once the hot-head had disappeared a few people cheered.

Koda glanced at Hitoshi nervously then looked down at his feet, "Thank you."

Shinso tossed him a smile and the boy returned a shy one, "You don't need to thank me. The idiot had it coming."

"Will he actually be able to complete that task whilst brainwashed?" Uraraka asked.

Hitoshi shrugged "I dunno. I guess we'll find out."

Kirishima grinned, chuckling, "I think you'll be dead before then."

The class laughed before heading back to Heights Alliance together.

Author's note~
I wish I had a Shinso to get me to do my homework lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.9K 53
.~( This is a sad/abused Izuku AU, if you don't like this book then don't read it )~. Warnings: Abuse Cutting Depression Sad Deku Abusive...
6.3K 337 19
"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself." Hitoshi Shinso finally knows what he's gonna be. He's going to be a great hero...
639K 19.8K 76
Izuku Midoriya, aspiring hero with a big secret. In a world full of quirks and werewolves, mates are a huge deal. However, Izuku is forced to watch n...
724K 20.1K 69
(Y/n) Togata, a now third year, has figured out that that her teasing and joking has been confused for flirting towards her teacher, Shota Aizawa. Sh...