Daughter of Mine | Harry Pott...

By BriBarajas

Lalia Black lives with her father Remus at his home, where he has taught her. The only other people she sees... More

Cast
Part I.
Prologue
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
Part II.
I.
II.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
Updates
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
Author's Note
XXX.
XXXI.
Heart of Yours

III.

2.6K 70 48
By BriBarajas

After a silent dinner only broken by the Malfoy parents asking Lalia questions about her summer, the two returned to Draco's room.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I'm just too excited to be alone," Lalia asked.

She had already prepared for bed in his bathroom and was pulling the covers over her pajama clad body.

"Do I have a choice?" drawled Draco.

Lalia turned her puppy dog eyes on her cousin, extending her pout more than normal.

Looking at the ceiling, Draco sighed. "Yes, Lalia. You can stay."

The lights in the room disappeared. He pushed her over and climbed in next to her.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" whispered Draco.

"Yeah, are you?"

"Yes."

The room was silent for a length of time.

"Why do you think we can't camp like everyone else?" asked a quiet Lalia.

A groan sounded from the dark room.

"I do not know. Go to sleep Lalia."

"But Draco..."

"Sleep, Lalia."

Shortly after he said her name, Lalia heard Draco's breathing even out. Realizing he was asleep, she nuzzled into the blankets and closed her eyes.

The next day consisted of Draco and Lalia constantly glancing at the clock to see when they would leave for the Cup.

Their nervous habits had gotten out of hand. There were shaking legs, pulled hair, and bitten lips.

When it had finally reached eleven in the afternoon, they both jumped out of the chairs they were sitting in and hurriedly headed towards the adults.

"Hold our hands tightly, don't let go," Narcissa instructed them both.

Lalia tightly grabbed Narcissa's hand and watched as Draco's fingers tightened on his dad's. They apparated to the apparition point and Lalia held down the food in her stomach. Her excitement and large breakfast did not agree with apparition.

Draco grabbed Lalia's hand and they ran to find sales wizards.

"Who are you rooting for?" Lalia asked her cousin as she looked at the merchandise.

"Bulgaria. Their seeker Krum goes to Durmstrang. Father almost sent me there," Draco said, standing taller.

"Well, I guess we're enemies then," Lalia said as she handed the seller her money in exchange for a dancing shamrock hat.

She winked at her cousin as she placed the green object on her head.

Rolling his eyes, Draco smirked to hold in his laughter.

He led her to another seller where he bought them both Omnioculars and explained to her how they worked.

"They can slow it down too?" Lalia asked excitedly, having never heard of them before.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't reccomend watching the game that way. The crowd will spoil it for you anyway."

Lalia nodded at her cousin.

They purchased a few more items for different sellers when there was a deep, booming gong sounding. Green and red lanterns blazed into life in the trees, lighting a path to the field.

"We have to find Mother and Father."

Draco grabbed her hand again and successfully led them both to his parents.

"Were your purchases successfully pleasing?" Lucius asked them.

"Yes, Father."

"Yep, very pleasing," Lalia giggled.

"Let's head to our seats," said Lucius, leading the family to the stadium.

They entered the wood, following the lantern-lit trail. They could hear the sounds of thousands of people moving around them, shots and laughter, snatches of singing. The atmosphere of feverish excitement was highly infectious. They walked through the wood for twenty minutes, talking and joking loudly, until at last they emerged on the other side and found themselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium. Though all that was visible was a fraction of the immense gold walls surrounding the field.

They made their way to one of the entrances and were pointed toward a stairwell with rich purple carpet stairs. They climbed the stairs well above everyone else and entered their desired box.

Lalia gasped at the sight of the field before her when suddenly a voice brought her attention to the other people occupying the box.

"... ah, and here's Lucius" said Minister of Magic Fudge.

Lalia made eye contact with Harry, Ron, and Hermione as they turned their eyes on the Malfoy's and in turn her.

Lalia and her family made their way into seats behind the Weasley family. Lucius directly behind Arthur.

"Ah, Fudge," said Lucius, holding out his hand as he reached the Minsiter of Magic. "How are you? I don't think you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or our son, Draco? Or our cousin, Lalia?"

"How do you do, how do you do?" said Fudge, smiling and bowing to Narcissa. "And allow me to introduce you to Mr. Oblansk - Obalonsk - Mr. - well, he's the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, and he can't understand a word I'm saying anyway, so never mind. And let's see who else - you know Arthur Weasley, I daresay?"

Lalia's eyes widened at the tense moment. Mr. Weasley and Lucius looked at each other. Lalia was the only one unaware of the fight the men had had in Flourish and Blotts. Lucius's cold gray eyes swept over Mr. Weasley, and then up and down the row.

"Good lord, Arthur," he said softly. "What did you have to sell to get seats in the Top Box? Surely your house wouldn't have fetched this much?"

Lalia glanced at her friends who's eyes had narrowed at the man. She collapsed in her seat, biting her lip tightly.

Fudge, who wasn't listening, said, "Lucius has just given a very generous contribution to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, Arthur. He's here as my guest."

"How - how nice," said Mr. Weasley, with a very strained smile.

Lucius's eyes had turned to Hermione, who went slightly pink, but stared determinedly back at him. Lucius's lips curled showing his dissatisfaction for Hermione's blood status. However, under the gaze of the Minister of Magic, Lucius didn't dare say anything. He nodded sneeringly to Mr. Weasley and sat in his seat. Draco shot Harry, Ron, and Hermione new contemptuous look, then settled himself between his mother and Lalia.

Lalia felt her friends eyes shift to her but she stared at her hands that were shaking badly. She knew her family's views, but it had never interfered with her friendships before.

Her eyes teared up as she heard Ron speak.

"Slimy gits," Ron muttered as they all turned to face the field again.

Lalia finally lifted her head when a man later identified as Ludo Bagman charged into the box.

"Everyone ready?" he said, his round face gleaming like a great, excited Edam. "Minister - ready to go?"

"Ready when you are, Ludo," said Fudge comfortably.

Ludo whipped out his hand, directed it at his own throat, and said "Sonorus!" and then spoke over the roar of the sound that was now filling the packed stadium; his voice echoed over them, booming into every corner of the stands.

"Ladies and gentlemen ... welcome! Welcome to the final four hundred and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup!"

The stadium filled with claps. The ad board now read BULGARIA - 0, IRELAND - 0.

"And now without further ado, allow me to introduce ... the Bulgarian National Team Mascots!"

Half of the stands roared in excitement.

"Veela!" Lalia heard many voices around her say.

Lalia say woman gliding onto the field. They were easily some of the most beautiful women she had ever seen. Their skin shone moon bright, and their hair was gleaming like white gold.

Music started and the veela began to dance. Lalia's mind went blank as she stared. She slowly started sliding to the front of her seat, planning on climbing past the Weasley's in front of her when suddenly the music cut off and angry yells filled the stadium.

"Sit back before Mother and Father notice," Draco hissed at his cousin.

Sliding back, Lalia looked around to notice if anyone had noticed her movements when she realized Hermione had been unaffected.

Blushing red, Lalia tightly gripped her cousin's hand attempting to control her breathing.

"I have you, don't worry."

Lalia released a heavy breath and focused on the stadium around her.

"And now," roared Ludo Bagman's voice, "kindly put your wands in the air ... for the Irish National Team Mascots!"

A green-and-gold comet came zooming into the stadium. It circles the stands before splitting into two smaller comets, both heading to the opposite goal posts. A rainbow arced suddenly across the field, connecting the two comets. The rainbow faded and the balls of lights reconnected into a giant shimmering shamrock that rained gold coins onto the crowd.

The shamrock was made of little bearded men with red vests. Lalia grabbed two pieces of the gold and calmly placed them in her pockets as souvenirs.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, kindly welcome- the Bulgarian National Quidditch Team! I give you- Dimitrov! Ivanova! Zograf! Levski! Vulchanov! Volkov! Aaaaaaand- Krum!"

One at a time the players in red shot put over the field. Krum receiving the loudest applause from the crowd.

"And now, please greet- the Irish National Quidditch Team!" yelled Bagman. "Presenting- Connolly! Ryan! Troy! Mullet! Moran! Quigley! Aaaaaaand- Lynch!"

Green clad players swept onto the field, looping through the stadium.

"And here, all the way from Egypt, our referee, acclaimed Chairwizard of the International Association of Quidditch, Hassan Mostafa!"

A small skinny wizard in robes of pure gold strode out onto the field. A silver whistle was protruding from under the mustache, and he was carrying a large wooden crate under one arm, his broomstick under the other. Mostafa mounted his broomstick and kicked the creature open. With a sharp blast on his whistle, Mostada shot into the air after the balls.

"Theeeeeeeey're OFF!" screamed Bagman. "And it's Mullet! Troy! Moran! Dimitrov! Back to Mullet! Troy! Levski! Moran!"

The players were moving too quickly for Lalia to do more than follow the quaffle with her eyes only. Her omnioculars read plays she knew nothing about in attempt to help the viewer process the game. Lalia realized she was vastly underprepared for the nature of the match.

"TROY SCORES!" roared Bagman, and the stadium shuddered with a roar of applause and cheers. "Ten zero to Ireland!"

Lalia clutched Draco's hand tighter, she slapped her free hand on her leg as Troy did a lap of honor around the field.

Within ten minutes, Ireland had scored twice more, bringing their lead to thirty-zero and causing a thunderous tide of tears and applause from the green-clad supporters.

Volkov and Vulchanov, the Bulgarian Beaters, were whacking the Bludgers as fiercely as possible at the Irish Chasers, and were starting to prevent them from using some of their best moves; twice they were forced to scatter, and then, finally, Ivanova managed to break through their ranks; dodge the Keeper, Ryan; and score Bulgaria's first goal.

Draco quickly released Lalia's hand and covered his ears winking at her. Nodding, she moved to do the same as inconspicuously as she could.

When the veela stopped dancing, Bulgaria was in possession of the Quaffle again.

"Dimitrov! Levski! Dimitrov! Ivanova- oh I say!" roared Bagman.

The two seekers, Krum and Lynch, plummeted through the center of the Chasers.

"They're going to crash!" screamed Hermione in front of Lalia.

She was half right- at the very last second, Viktor Krum pulled out of the dive and spiraled off. Lynch, however, hit the ground with a dull thud that could be heard throughout the stadium. A huge groan rose from the Irish seats.

"It's time-out!" yelled Bagman's voice, "as trained mediwizards hurry onto the field to examine Aidan Lynch!"

Lynch got to his feet at last, to loud cheers from the green-clad supporters, mounted his Firebolt, and kicked back off into the air. His revival seemed to give Ireland new heart. When Mostafw blew his whistle again, the Chasers moved into action with incredible skill.

After fifteen more fast and furious minutes, Ireland had pulled ahead by ten more goals. It was one hundred and thirty points to ten.

Bulgaria's keeper elbowed Chaser Mullet, awarding Ireland a penalty.

The leprechauns formed the words "HA, HA, HA!" The veela on the other side of the field leapt to their feet, tossed their hair angrily, and started to dance again.

Lalia leaned on Draco's shoulder and pretended to scratch her face. She looked at the referee and nudged Draco in his direction.

Hassan Mostafa had landed right in front of the dancing veela, and was acting very oddly indeed. He was flexing his muscles and smoothing his mustache excitedly.

"Now, we can't have that!" said Ludo Bagman, though he sounded highly amused. "Somebody slap the referee!"

A mediwizard came tearing across the fied, his fingers stuffed in his own ears, and kicked Mostafa hard in the shins. Mostafa came to himself and started shouting at the veela, who had stopped dancing and were looking mutinous.

"And unless I'm mistaken, Mostafa is actually attempting to send off the Bulgarian team mascots!" said Bagman's voice. "Now there-s something we haven't seen before... . Oh this could turn nasty... ."

The Bulgarian Beaters landed on either side of Mostafa and began arguing furiously with him, pointing to the leprechauns who were forming taunts. Mostafa jabbed his finger into the air, telling them to get flying again, and when they refused, gave two short blasts on his whistle.

"Two penalties for Ireland!" shouted Bagman, and the Bulgarian crowd howled with anger.

The match resumed with Troy taking the Quaffle. The Bulgarian Chaser, Dimitrov shot straight at Moran, who had the Quaffle, nearly knocking her off her broom.

"Foul!" roared the Irish supporters.

"Foul!" echoed Ludo Ludo Bagman's magically magnified voice. "Dimitrov skins Moran- deliberately flying to collide there- and it's got to be another penalty- yes, there's the whistle!"

When the leprechauns began to celebrate, the veela launched themselves across the field to throw handfuls of fire at the leprechauns. The veela's faces were elongating into sharp, cruel-beaked bird heads, and long, scaly wings bursting from their shoulders.

Ministry wizards were flooding the field to separate the two groups. Lalia rolled her eyes and returned to watching the match.

"Levski- Dimitrov- Moran- Troy- Mullet- Ivanova- Moran again- Moran- MORAN SCORES!"

Levski had the Quaffle, then Dimitrov-

The Irish Beater Quigley swung heavily at a passing Bludger, and hit it as hard a possible toward Krum, who did not duck quickly enough. It hit him full in the face.

There was a deafening groan from the crowd; Krum's nose looked broken, there was blood everywhere, but Hassan Mostafa didn't blow his whistle. He had become distracted after a veela had thrown a handful of fire and set his broom tail alight.

Lalia scrunched her face in pain and only looked away from the bleeding mess of Krum when Harry exclaimed to look at Lynch.

The Irish Seeker had suddenly gone into a dive. He had seen the Snitch.

Half the crowd seemed to have realized what was happening; the Irish supporters rose in another great wave of green, screaming their Seeker on ... but Krum was on his tail. He drew level with Lynch as the pair of them hurtled toward the ground again.

For the second time, Lynch hit the ground with tremendous force and was immediately stampeded by a horde of angry veela.

The crowd searched for the Snitch when Harry shouted, "He's got it- Krum's got it- it's all over!"

Krum, his red robes shining with blood from his nose, was rising gently into the air, his fist held high, glint of gold in his hand.

The scoreboard was flashing BULGARIA: 160, IRELAND: 170 across the crowd, who didn't seem to have realized what had happened. Then, slowly, as though a great jumbo jet were revving up, the rumbling from the Irealnd supporters grew louder and louder and erupted into screams of delight

"IRELAND WINS!" Bagman shouted. "KRUM GETS THE SNITCH- BUT IRELAND WINS- good lord, I don't think any of us were expecting that!"

Lalia had let go of her cousin's hand to cheer with the other Ireland supporters. She cupped her mouth and shouted her cheers.

"And as the Irish team performs a lap of honor, flanked by their mascots, the Quidditch World Cup itself is brought into the Top Box!" roared Bagman.

Blinding lights surrounded their box so the rest of the stadium could see them as a vast golden cup was handed to Cornelius Fudge.

"Let's have a really loud hand for the gallant losers- Bulgaria!" Bagman shouted.

And up the stairs into the box came the seven defeated Bulgarian players.

One by one, the Bulgarians filed between the rows of seats in the box, and Bagman called out the name of each as they shook hands with their own minister and then with Fudge.

And then came the Irish team. Lynch was being supported by two teammates, dazed and unfocused from his second crash. But he grinned happily as Troy and Quigley lifted the Cup into the air and the crowd below thundered it's approval.

At last, when the Irish team had left the bow to perform another lap of honor on their brooms, Bagman pointed his wand as his throat and muttered, "Quietus."

Lalia heard her name called from one direction while a hand on her wrist tugged her towards the stairs. She looked to see Draco urging her along after her parents and Harry waving hoping to talk to her.

"I'll find you after!" she shouted at Harry, before turning and catching up to her cousin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 423 26
Old Summary : your the Daughter of Remus lupin, your dad gets a letter from Dumbledore to become Defense against the dark arts professor for Hogwarts...
3.5K 42 12
Sirius Black has been disowned, Remus Lupin is struggling with the reality of being a werewolf. Neither of them knows what their futures hold. When R...
139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
31.2K 885 39
IM REWRITING, CHECK MY ACCOUNT FOR THE BETTER ONE THIS IS THE OLD/ORIGINAL VERSION, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK In which the Potter siblings do everything...