Willow's Tree

FlamingLeeAndre tarafından

[Previously known as Horny Dogs AKA Wolves] Willow's routine days take a sudden turn when she discovers a str... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue
More Notes + Where to Next?

32

1.6K 105 1
FlamingLeeAndre tarafından

Karen and Helen had suddenly come into Trey's bedroom and taken me to another room where there were other werewolves. And it seemed they were guarding me. That lasted for at least twenty minutes before they returned me to the bedroom and told me to go back to sleep.

But I couldn't. Not without Trey next to me.

I looked at the alarm clock and it read 2:16 A.M. Instead of crawling back under the sheets, I walked over to the window and looked out again. From what I could see, a fight just happened. It must've not been that big since I was back here, but it was dangerous enough for the two girls to come get me.

When I looked through the crowd, I saw that a few were naked, which confused me. But then I saw some clothes just lying on the floor, and thought maybe I wasn't getting the whole picture.

I continued to scan the grounds, but couldn't find Trey. Was he okay? Did he get hurt? When I called for him in our head, he responded, making me exhale in relief.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he said in a reassuring tone. "How about you? Were you scared?"

"No. Just worried. What happened?"

Trey went on to explain about his training and how the enemies suddenly attacked. We won, but the main leaders weren't there. They were able to get some prisoners and question them, and Trey told me about the thirteen year old they captured.

I asked what they did to him, and he said Drew and Dominic didn't throw him with the rest of the enemies, but are keeping a guard on him in case he isn't as innocent as he seemed. The boy would stay in the dorm with the rest of the pack.

"And I'm sorry, Willow, but try to go back to sleep."

"What? Is something else going on?"

"I won't be able to come back...The real war is starting tomorrow night, and we'll have to train our bodies every second until the time comes."

At that moment, Trey came from the building and joined the rest of the pack on the training grounds. He turned and looked up, straight at me. "Try to get some rest."

"I'll try," I slowly said with a sigh.

Trey tried to hold back a smile, but I still saw it. "If I could, I'd come up there and tire you out so much that you wouldn't be able to wake until two days later."

"And miss the whole thing?"

"Just go to sleep, Willow," he said in a stern tone.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I get it. But the bed will be so cold without you." As I said the words, I saw him stiffen from below. "How will I be able to warm myself up?"

"Willow," he warningly growled my name, but I chuckled.

"Then at least warm me up first. I can't fall asleep without your heat."

>>>>><<<<<

The next time I woke up, the sun was high and bright. I squinted my eyes and looked at the clock to see that it was a little past noon. I stretched my body and released a sigh. Again, I woke up to an empty bed. Trey must've slipped out once I fell asleep last night.

I got up and tested out my foot once more. And again, it was getting better, though not by much. When I went to the window and looked out, I saw that there were many werewolves training, but of course, I didn't see Trey. He was probably out in the forest.

After I finished my business in the bathroom, I limped outside the room and down to the cafeteria. There were other werewolves around as well, though not many—just some children and females.

When I reached the cafeteria, I saw that there were only three others, and they were all sitting together. They saw me and stared as I made my way to the front and asked for a bowl of cereal. The woman behind the counter raised an eyebrow at my stomach before she left and came back with a whole tray full of food. I sealed my lips, not wanting to argue and accepted it with gratitude before making my way to an empty table.

The people from before continued to stare at me, and to my shock, they came and sat down beside me. Two were males, in their twenties, while the other was a female, also in the same age range.

The woman spoke first. "You're Willow Jannette, right? Trey Crawford's mate?" I nodded my head and she held out her hand with a grin. "My name's Penny.

I immediately took her hand and shook it out of politeness. The other two introduced themselves as well. The larger of the two was named Robert and the other was Jim. And to my shock, they were the humans I had heard of.

"It's nice to finally meet you," I slowly said. "I heard but never saw any of you."

"We were curious about you too." Jim smiled. "Welcome to the Crescent Moon Pack. Though, I have to say, you're still young."

I nodded. "I'm seventeen, like Trey."

They all looked at each other with shock before turning their gazes to me. "What about your parents?" Penny asked.

I shrugged. "They're out of country on business." When I didn't add more, they got the message that I didn't really want to talk about it, and I thanked them for that. Instead, our conversation went to our mates.

Robert met his mate when they were still high school kids, but eventually met up again when they worked in the same building as adults. Penny's mate was found during college. As for Jim, he met his mate when some members of the Golden Moon Pack were in town.

They asked me about Trey as well, and I told them how I found him under my willow tree. Our conversation moved to the war, and like me, they were worried for their mates. They felt useless since they were humans and would simply get in the way if they were to try and help.

Robert looked at me. "I heard that the packs are not only protecting you and Trey, but your child as well?"

I nodded my head and Penny gasped. "You're still in high school and you're already pregnant? Was it an accident?"

I smiled softly and placed a hand over my stomach, something I did recently when the baby was mentioned. "Trey and I weren't expecting it, but we don't regret it either. We want the kid, and we'll love it."

"It's strange to hear someone as young as you talking about children." Robert shook his head. "I'm already twenty eight, and I still don't have one with my wife yet."

"You don't want one?" I asked him, and the other two.

Penny shrugged her slim shoulders. "We have more than enough time, so no worries." Jim nodded his head in agreement, making me curious as to how old they were.

I finished my food, but continued to stay in the cafeteria with the three. It was nice to get to know them. They were just normal people, with the only abnormal thing being their mates and the world they now belonged to. Other werewolves came into the cafeteria, but minded their own business, not shocked or uncomfortable about seeing the human group talking.

As we were still conversing, Jim turned his head towards the door and standing there was a woman. He grinned immediately and said goodbye to us before he stood up and walked to her. They disappeared through the doorway.

"Must've been Andrea," Penny said out loud. "Are the werewolves on break or something?"

At that, a few more werewolves made their way into the cafeteria and immediately ordered food to eat. There weren't many, so I guessed they gave a break to a few. The three of us stood up and left to make room for others who were eating.

I trailed after the other two, but someone called my name and I turned my head to see that it was Karen. Penny and Robert saw as well and we said our farewells before I walked over to Karen. She led me to a lounge room where I could sit down and give my foot a rest.

"I'm on a small break and decided to check up on you. " She smiled. "How are you doing?"

I shrugged. "I'm fine. I was able to meet the other humans. How are the werewolves?"

She sighed. "They're as strong as ever, if not stronger. The training gets their blood pumping and running. But I hear things." Karen leaned back on the couch. "Some of them are scared. Of Jessica, of the alpha."

"And the other alphas? How are they doing?"

"Drew shows his usual self. Calm, friendly, encouraging. But I know he is desperately trying to get the allies in ready form. Because of the war, many of us will get hurt and even die. And he'll be the one truly in pain."

I watched her face to see that her eyes had clouded over with worry and ache. She doesn't like seeing her mate hurt, and I could relate with her.

"Dominic shows his emotions freely." Karen continued. "He is furious at the Blood Moon Pack, but of course, as the alpha, he shows love and encouragement to the packs. And he is strong, so his words are taken seriously. Luckily, Helen is at his side in case he ever thinks about going to face the enemies alone. She calms him."

"And Trey?"

I didn't want to get into detail about those two. Sure, I could've asked Karen whether or not they were actual mates or not, but I didn't want to in case they weren't. There was something suspicious going on between Helen and Dominic, and I would find out sooner or later.

"After he came back from wherever he went and did whatever he did..." She gave me a look, knowing exactly where he was and what he did. "He got busy. He's been rotating throughout the packs in groups of three or four to train them. Trey's practically gone through most and will start the second round. And maybe even finish a third by the time the war actually beings."

"But won't he need a break?" I asked. "I saw the werewolves coming back inside the dorm. Did you guys give them time to rest?"

Karen nodded. "We're going to give them about ten minute breaks. But Trey...he'll continue to be busy."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "And what if he's exhausted by the time the war starts?"

She gave me a secretive smile. "You haven't seen the full extent of Trey Crawford just yet, Willow."

There was a small knock on the door and it clicked open, revealing Helen. She grinned at us before shutting the door. "Drew told me to take a break from fussing over Dummy."

Karen stood up. "I'm sure my alpha will need help taming yours." She said and said goodbye before she left, and Helen came and sat where Karen sat before.

I didn't ask Karen about Helen and Dominic because I didn't want it to seem like I was talking behind her back, but here she was. "How are you and Dominic?" I asked.

Helen misinterpreted my words and thought I only asked for Dominic. "He's alright. Sure he's a little angry, but once we get back at the Blood Moon Pack, he'll be back to his usual self."

I paused for a second. "Do you really see him only as a brother?"

She turned to me with confusion. "What do you mean?" she asked slowly.

I didn't want to be too bold, so I just shrugged. "What do you think I mean?"

"I think I know what you're talking about." She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. And then she pointed an accusing finger at me. "You think Dummy and I are mates, don't you?"

Instead of showing flat on my face that's what I thought, I schooled my features to normal. "Are you?"

"You're not the first to ask." Helen sighed, and flumped back against the couch. She crossed her arms over her chest, making me curious at her actions. "No, we're not."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah." She nodded her head. "Werewolves are really possessive Willow, as you probably already know. Especially alphas. If I was his mate, he would've marked me by now. And if he was mine, I would've noticed too. After all, we've spent seventeen years together and there's no connection whatsoever."

I watched her face as she talked and blinked when I thought I saw and heard disappointment. "So you've thought about being his mate?"

Helen blushed. "I'm not completely ignorant of romance, Willow. Unlike...someone." She gave me a teasing look, and I just rolled my eyes. She giggled before continuing. "Dummy is an alpha and he's extremely attractive. Of course I noticed that during my whole lifetime with him. And I'm his childhood friend! So I had some advantages for him over other females.

"I remember when I was probably only eight or nine and the tales of a mate were told to me and other kids my age. I dreamed of finding a big strong werewolf who would mark me and protect me for the rest of my life. It was something all werewolf girls dreamed of when they grew up."

She smiled gently as if she was remembering something. "At one point, when I was ten, I believed Dominic would be my mate. I was a little girl, had a hot childhood friend who was sixteen, and he was the attention of practically every other teenaged female.

"I'm sure Dominic knew about my infatuation with him. But he didn't find me annoying, and just called me cute, seemingly encouraging me even more. And then one day..." she chuckled to herself quietly. "I saw him kissing his girlfriend."

Helen got a faraway look. "I remember crying myself to sleep that night. I was heartbroken. My childhood friend, older than me by six years, was kissing another girl. And not just the quick peck on the cheek or forehead that he usually gave me, but full blown lip kisses. I remember I was persistent and continued to pursue him for about another year or so.

"And let me tell you, he changed girlfriends like we change clothes. I swear, he had a new one each week." She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

My eyebrow twitched. Helen really didn't think more of him. She did at one point, but that was done and over with, like a small childhood crush, which was probably what it was. She didn't even look sad at all thinking back to these memories.

"Each time I saw him with a new girl and kissing her, a little part of my infatuation would crumble away. Of course, I got mad and sad each time I saw him with his girlfriends, but eventually, I let it go. It was just a misunderstanding on my part. We weren't mates, and I shouldn't burden him by acting like a spoiled brat each time I saw him with a female.

"And I think the whole time, he didn't really understand that he was the center of my affection. So I get an inside joke every time I call him Dummy, hence the nickname. But eventually, I just saw him as the big, protective brother. I haven't found my mate yet, but I'm sure I will. As for Dummy, I'll be waiting to see who the girl who tames the big idiotic flirt will be."

Helen turned to me with a big grin and I saw that it was a real smile on her face. "And there you have it." Her lips pursed. "Now that I think about it, you're the first to hear the whole story."

"I feel privileged." I said blankly, earning a giggle from her. "And he hasn't shown any signs of a mate?"

She looked up at the ceiling in thought. "No. I moved into the Crescent Moon dorms when I was fourteen. I stayed in contact with him the whole time, but he hasn't changed much. He still flirts, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a girlfriend. Of course, that means he'll have a new one a few weeks later." She muttered, but then stiffened.

After a few seconds, she blinked and looked at me. "I have to go. Sounds like Dummy's getting fidgety. Is there somewhere you want to go before I leave?"

"I was thinking about going to the bedroom, but I'll limp there on my own just fine." I stood up and added more pressure on my good foot.

Helen shook her head while clicking her tongue. "No way. I'll carry you there." And then she stepped in front of me and crouched down with her back towards me. "Get on."

I stared down at her. She wasn't the thinnest girl out there, but she was the buffest either. And she was probably only an inch or two taller than me. "I don't know Helen." I slowly said.

She turned around and raised an eyebrow. "I'm a werewolf. Did you forget?"

"Of course not." I scoffed. "It's just that..." She's not Trey, and she's a girl, so she might find me heavy.

Helen impatiently tapped her foot, but I saw the amused gleam in her eyes. "C'mon Willow. I don't have all day. Dummy's probably in a rampage by now."

I sighed in defeat. "Fine. Just tell me if I'm heavy." I leaned over her and wrapped my arms around her neck as she slipped her hands under my knees and she stood up straight.

"Heavy?" she let out a manly laugh, making me chuckle a bit. "You're as light as a feather."

The first step she took, she stumbled, and we both let out a little shriek.

Luckily, Helen righted herself up straight just in time. She slowly turned to look at me as I glared at her and she just laughed. "Hey, I'm a clumsy person." She shrugged her shoulders in a 'can you blame me?' motion.

The rest of the walk was swift and easy, and she got me to my bedroom faster than if I would've walked by myself. She set me down on the bed before she smiled and left. Of course, I limped over to the window and stared down.

This time, Trey was in plain sight. He was standing with the alphas and Karen, and soon, Helen joined as well, standing right next to Dominic and giving him a look. He just smiled down at her before wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to his side.

Trey was drinking out of a cup that probably had blood. Then he handed it to another werewolf who gave him a bottle of water. He gulped that down and I watched as some dripped down the side of his mouth and ran down his neck and chest. It was emphasized by the sunlight reflecting off the drops.

After he drank about half of the bottle, he took it away from his lips and poured the rest over himself. He wet his hair and streams ran down his body, all the way to soak his pants as well. Trey shook his head, letting droplets fly and the other four cringed away from him, but he ignored them.

He handed the empty bottle to the same person as before. But Trey suddenly stiffened and looked straight at me. I jumped from the intensity of his stare and found myself being reminded of the time we took a shower together since he was wet.

"Thinking dirty thoughts, Willow?" he smirked.

"You're wet." I said and immediately regretted my words.

Trey's smirk grew. "Not as wet as when we were in the shower."

I groaned out loud and quickly changed the topic. "You're not tired?"

He chuckled in my head and allowed the subject change. "I'm fine. Just a little...thirsty."

Of course, he would change it right back. "I find that hard after you just drank blood and chugged that bottled water."

"Oh?" His voice rose to a suggestive level. "You saw that did you? It makes me want to come up there and make you just as wet as I am."

I blushed. "I'm worried if this is a boy, he'll turn out horny like you." My hand rose and rested on my stomach.

Trey just smiled. "Good. If he turns out like me, he'll find a great mate like you."

I sighed. "Just keep training, smooth talker."

"Only with you Willow." He grinned at me. "Only with you."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

603K 11.8K 59
Savannah starts her first days of high school, and is already, ready to give up, but little does she know the teacher is smoking hot, and won't give...
409K 14.9K 49
Parker rather have a rogue be his mate than a human. He thinks that they can barely compare to the strength of a wolf. He needs a strong Luna for his...
274 2 7
This is a story about the Pups as people, or furrys or Idk man they're going Through high school and on the way to Adulthood will High school suck...
73K 1K 24
After Jade finds out the amazing wolf she discovered in the woods outside her house is none other then the hot new guy Kyle, she discovers life isn't...