Beyond The Soul

By GzFell

I didn't exactly want to make a story with Shattered!Dream in it because I didn't want it to seem like I was... More

The Forest
The Forest (Pt.2)
Arguments & Fights
Determined Death
Determined Mercy
Internal
Internal (Pt.2)
Helping Kisses
Meeting Again
Don't You!
Don't You! (2)
Dream
Old Brother | New Friends
New Friends
Question to the Readers/ A/N
Reminiscence
Ending A/N

Running

489 19 3
By GzFell

For the past Year, Nightmare has been running from his Brother. Or..who and what he thought was his Brother..until he. .Nightmare shook his head violently, trying to get that moment out of his head. Tears streaming Harshly down his face, as he rocked back and forth in a dark corner in an Abandoned Building, his sniffles echoing throughout the place. He could Vividly remember what Dream said - what he did - what happened to him as he slowly became 'What' he is now. Not only that, but Nightmare's 'Other Self' has been talking to him like he was now a friend, sometimes taking over half his body just to..'talk'. But Nightmare never wants to talk, not himself, not anyone. He's never had friends and he thinks that he never will - but he doesn't care. All he cares about is getting his Brother back.

Nightmare continued his rocking, gripping onto his head, looking down towards the floor which he couldn't see. It was Nighttime in this AU that he was in..but he already knew that he wasn't safe - no matter where he went, what he did. He tried to ask people if they could help him, but the people that he has asked said no. no, No, NO! all around. So.. here he is now..in this place that he would soon call a home.

But that thought was then long gone when he felt a Presence getting closer to him. He pushed himself further into the corner, his bare feet practically jumping on top of each other as he covered his mouth with his hands, stopping is sniffles. His eyes would widen when he felt this Presence get closer..crying harder when it spoke.

"NiGHtmaRE? WhErE Are yOU?"

Dream called out. Or as what Nightmare would call him, 'Shattered!Dreams'. But he completely screwed that name and still calls his Brother Dream. Even though he hated it when he does. Nightmare could feel his soul within his chest beat harder, and harder, feeling his body begin to shake to the point where it felt like the corner he was sitting in felt like it was shaking.

"NnnNnightyYYyy? COmE oUT CoMe OuT WHEre.EveR.yOU.ArE"

Dream called out again, his steps seeming like they were stomps instead of steps. Nightmare then swallowed most of his fear, putting his hands against the walls on either side of him, as began to stand slowly, pushing himself up with his hands in process. He then again swallowed his fear, starting to walk along the wall, to the already busted out window that wasn't that far away from him.

"I WonDeR WhErE YoU ARe"

Dream said, being a couple of inches from the door, with Nightmare being the same amount of inches from the window, stopping in his tracks when he head another Stop outside of it. His head and eyes slowly turned to face the wide smiling Dream, who looked 'Happy' to see him. Dreams' Presence was enough to make Nightmare shake.

He then began to feel his 'Other Self' begin to take over. But since Nightmare was so scared to the point where he couldn't move, he couldn't go as fast at the moment.

"..move.."

Nightmare couldn't. His legs began to feel like jelly the more he stared at his Brother. His smile seeming like it was getting bigger. But in the process, Nightmare began to spread faster, but not fast enough. Seeming as to how Dream took slow Stomps towards Nightmare.

"Move"

It seemed almost as if Nightmare was encouraging himself to spread faster. With his 'True Self' not able to think straight - look straight - stand straight or even breath right. His eyes began to go blank in fear - his breathing was becoming faster - his fingers began to clutch onto the wall as his knees began to slowly give out.

"MOVE!"

Nightmare finally spread all over Nightmare's body completely, except for his face, as he thrusted a tentacle towards two of the unstable poles in the Abandoned Building as he pulled them inwards with such force that the building was about to fall at any moment. But Dream stopped in the middle of the room, even with the debris falling around him with a big smile on his face. Nightmare then jumped from the windowless hole in the building, landing and rolling on the ground as he began to run as fast as he could, snapping his fingers to soon be in a different AU, but being his 'True Self'. Who quickly fell to his knees, gripping onto his chest in pain and in fear of what would've happened if 'He' didn't pitch in and help him. He owed him a thanks but since they are one in the same person - just different personalities, looks appearances..all Nightmare had to do was think of the phrase 'Thank You', with his 'Other Self' saying 'You're Welcome.

-

While walking around for what seemed like ages, Nightmare saw that he was in Undertale. But soon started to freak out when he noticed how many people and kids were out and about. It was in that moment when he realized that he was on the surface. He's seen it multiple times before and it still freaks him out 'till this day. He had to move back and forth, left and right in order to somehow and somewhat dodge these kids that seemed to just run past him, like he was a regular..person. But he's not normal..and he hates but likes the fact that he is.

Nightmare tried his hardest not to go into Panic Mode. Already hugging himself tightly to try and cope with the laughter, the smiles, the cheering and just the sight of everything. While still trying to keep his sanity and panic under control, he began to walk in..not an exact particular direction, but he was still walking somewhere..just not knowing where. So..as he continued to walk, shuffling his feet as he did..keeping his gaze held down to the ground and his feet as he walked, not wanting to look up into anyone's face or eyes. But as he did this, he suddenly, yet softly, bumped into someone.

"S-..sorry" Nightmare said lowly, walking around the person that he bumped into. But as he did, he felt a hand softly rest itself on his shoulder. He's eyes widened with a gasp, as he lifted his head and slowly turned his head to see a boney hand just like his..his eyes widened more, his Panic Mode was just now starting to calm down, but now it suddenly skyrocketed back to its previous level. He slowly began to turn around to see..Sans behind him, giving a warm but worried smile. His shaking body began to slowly calm down, but start to shake again when he remembered what all he did to him and his friends. 

"Hey, buddy..are you okay?" Sans asked, pulling his hand away, putting and resting his hand in his pocket. Nightmare harshly forced a smile on his face as he gave a shaky nod, starting to sweat the more he continued to look at his face and his eye..trying his best not to look to look down..but couldn't. 

"Are you sure? You've walking around, hugging yourself, shaking like a mad man, while sweating and shuffling your feet even though you're barefoot..are you really and completely sure that you are okay?" Sand said/asked. Nightmare looked down towards the ground and saw that he was in fact bare foot..shuffling his feet against the bare concrete. he simply stared down towards the ground for a moment before he looked back up to Sans, forcing another Smile to his face.

"Y-Yes! I am sure t-that I am okay. J-Just..d-don't worry about it - o-or me! I-I..i'll be fine..h-hehe" Nightmare said, heavily forcing a chuckle from is internal structure. Sans simply sighed with smile, taking all of that as a lie as he slipped out of his slippers, being in socks, as he slid them towards Nightmare. Who looked down at them, then back up to him..giving a heavily confused look.

"You could hurt your feet by doing that. You can have these, I don't too much need them anyway, hehe" 

Nightmare was surprised by how naturally Sans' chuckle came, a small genuine smile coming to his face. Quickly looking down, he hugged himself tighter, rubbing his arms as he couldn't help but say..

"..t-thank you" He said softly, yet raspily. Sans gave another smile, as if to say 'You're Welcome'. And so after, Sans politely walked off, waving a goodbye, his own smile growing a little. Nightmare was simply taken aback by his kindness..looking down towards the ground to the slippers, as he slipped the on and continued on his way. 

'I don't..understand..'

'..me neither..'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.3K 878 90
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
7.5K 283 8
Michelangelo is a fiveteen year old high scholler who lives a pretty hard life. His older sister, Sammantha, doesn't pay attention to him and doesn't...