The Froggy Box {One Shot}

By xXMeXx627

Amlee has to live with Walter. Amlee is in love with Walter. Walter is smartass. Walter has a problem. Am... More

The Froggy Box {One Shot}

11.4K 209 54
By xXMeXx627

**Just a fun little thing I decided to write.  I haven't done a one shot in a while, so I finally decided to do one. =)  Hope you enjoy it.**

Two years.  Two years I’ve been living with Walter Moore.  The bastard…

He’s in his second year of college and he’s studying to become a doctor, while me, being the idiot I am, am just trying to survive in my classes, while juggling a job. 

Walter has money coming out of his ears, and pays the expenses of the apartment, but if I ever want anything, I have to buy it myself and under no circumstances will he lend me money.  He irritates me.

You’re probably wondering why I’m living with him.

Well, that’s mostly under my mother’s request.  You see the apartment I wanted was kind of in a bad area of town and she was afraid because I’m just this little senior about to graduate high school.  The reason I needed to move out was because she got remarried and I was eighteen, she got pregnant, yadda…yadda…yadda.  I was in the way.

Well, she’s really good friends with the Moores who love her to death and she knew that they had a son my age.  She quickly got his mom in on it and they were so excited for their idea and they’re determined to make us marry each other, so they made all the arrangements for us to live together.  Great mothers right?

Well the Moores are filthy stinking rich.  His father is this big time CEO of a huge company.

Well, it was a little awkward when we first started living together.  I’m not exactly used to living with a guy, but after a while we got the hang of it, and thoroughly avoided each other every step of the way.

Now it’s mid December, and I decided to do something a little different this year.  I set up a small Christmas Tree in the living room of the two bedroom apartment.

It was actually pretty roomy,  with a kitchen, two bathrooms, a living room and two bedrooms.

But we’ve never exchanged gifts and I’ve never set up a tree.  We both usually go over to our parents’ houses then later that day we end up at his parents’ house where our moms are shoving us together.

I thought though that it would be nice to have a little something to lighten the mood in the drab house though.

I put the little star on the top of the tree when I felt someone looking.

“Amlee, what are you doing?”  Walter asked from behind me.  This was the first time we’ve talking in I think two or three weeks.  Last time I bumped into him by accident and apologized.  That’s the gist of our relationship.

“What does it look like?  I’m decorating a tree.”  I snapped. 

“You’ve never done that before.  Plus we don’t stay here for Christmas.”

“I know that, but I just thought it would be nice to have something to brighten up the room.  It’s so dark in this damn place.”  I said still not facing him.  I had a light blush on my cheeks. 

I may have forgotten to mention something crucial…I’m madly in love with Walter.  He doesn’t know, and probably never will.

I don’t even know why I like him.  He’s so cold and mean.  I just act indifferent to him to cover my feelings.

“You paid for it right?”

“Of course.”

“Then whatever.  I don’t care.”

“Of course you don’t.” I mumbled.

“What was that?”  He asked.

“Nothing.”  I said sighing.

“Whatever.”  I heard him turn and leave.  “Don’t bother me, I’m studying.”  He said going into his room.

What an ass.

I never let it show how hurt I am by his cold behavior, but it’s so hard.

He’s just so…amazing.  Top of his class, talented at all things musical, anything sport wise he’s amazing, and he’s absolutely the handsomest man I’ve ever laid eyes on.  Brown hair that’s not too long, but just long enough to be like an organized bed head.  Beautiful blue eyes that get me every time, and a body to die for.

Of all people I would know because he’s constantly walking around without a shirt and I’ve had many accidental fainting spells.

I feel like such a pathetic child around him. 

I finished my tree and admired my work.  It was so pretty.  I smiled.

“How nice.”  I heard from behind me.  I turned and he had a slight smile playing on his lips.  “I like the lights.”

“I put a lot of work into this little thing.”  I said touching a branch.  “Doesn’t it make everything better?”

“It does, doesn’t it?”

“Well, what do you want?”

“I was in my room and kept hearing you work out here and it was irritating me.  You’re such a klutz.”  He said referring to the fact that I kept dropping things.

“Shut up.  At least I try.  We can’t all be perfect.”  I snapped.

“Perfect you say?” He smirked.

I stopped short.  “That’s not what I meant!  I mean you just make everything look so easy, while the rest of us have to struggle to be good at something.”

He chuckled. “Why are you so flustered?  It’s not as if you’ve been in love with me this whole time right?” He said smirking again and narrowing his eyes at me.

My eyes got wide.  “N-no!  Of course not!”  I said a little too fervently.

“Of course not.”  He repeated, turning with a sarcastic smile and going back into his room.

“Oh gosh.”  I said to myself and collapsed onto the couch.  “Why me?”

This is an interesting development.  Things have been stationary for the past two years and just in one night I think he knows.  Now I’m going to be the freaky little girl with a silly crush on the boy. 

I’m in college for goodness sake, shouldn’t we be leaving all this behind us in high school?

I’ve known that stupid boy since freshman year where he’s always been number one, while I’m…not.

I never really took much notice of him though until my mother told me I’d be living with him and I nearly peed my pants in shock.

Then bit by bit while living with him I just subconsciously began liking him.  That was a year ago and now a year later he’s grown on me even more despite the fact that we don’t talk much.  It’s pathetic I know, but what can I do?  Feelings are feelings.  I can’t just get rid of them.

There’s still two weeks until Christmas, so I have time to do some present shopping for my parents and sister.

I fell asleep on the couch though and woke up to the light streaming through the curtains.

My toes were cold, so I tucked them into the blanket draped over me.

Wait…blanket?  I don’t remember getting one last night…maybe I did.  Eh…whatever.  I have no work or classes today so I’ll go shopping.

I yawned and after folding the blanket up I went to my room.

I got some clothes and went to my personal bathroom and started the water.

I looked in the mirror and screeched. 

Dear God!  My brown hair is a rat’s nest!

“Is something wrong Amlee?”  I heard Walter ask.

“N-no!  I’m fine!”

“Alright, well don’t scream, you’ll annoy our neighbors.”

“Sorry!”

He left.

My green eyes had bags under them.  I did not look good.

I huffed in defeat and got in the shower.

I used my favorite pineapple shampoo and began humming a light tune.  The sweet smell of the shampoo always made me feel better.

I got out and brushed my hair.  I already looked a little better than before.

I got dressed in a long sleeved black shirt and jeans.  I made sure to put socks on too to keep my little ice cubed toes warm.

I walked out smiling and placed my dirty clothes in the hamper. 

I skipped happily to the kitchen and began making breakfast.

I decided on pancakes for us.  That’s also the deal.  I make the meals since his family pays for the apartment.

“Good morning.”  I said when Walter came in.  He yawned and sat down.

“You seem cheery.” He commented.  “You never say good morning.”

“I don’t know.  I just am happy.  The Christmas season is here.  I like that we have a tree.”

“That’s interesting.  I’ve never really cared.”

“Really?  But it’s the season of happiness and joy.  Of giving, and good will.”  I said smiling and setting his plate in front of him.

“So?”

“Have you ever given someone a gift?”

“No.”

“What?!  Never?”

“Never.  I’ve had no one to give a gift to.”

“Really?  What about your parents?  Or your little sister?  I love my baby sister and this year I’m going to get her something since she’ll be old enough to receive it.  She’s two now!”  I said smiling.

“Oh, how nice, but my parents and sister have everything.  They don’t need anything.”

“Well, what if you made them something?”

He looked at me like I was an idiot.  “Make them something?”

“Yeah, everyone likes homemade gifts.  Like cookies or chocolates.”  I smiled and sat down with my plate.

“Is that what you’re doing?”

“Well, I’m going to make my family a plate of cookies, but today I’m going shopping for their gifts.”

“Really?  May I join you?”  He asked.

I dropped my fork in shock and looked up at him.  “You want to come with me?”

“Yes, is that a problem?”

“No, just shocking.  I mean we’ve never talked the whole time we’ve lived together and suddenly you’re going shopping with me.”

“Well, I’ve never been shopping.”

I stopped short.  “What is wrong with you?!”

“I haven’t had the most average childhood.”  He stated.

“Well, it’s weird that I didn’t even know that when we’ve been living together for the last two years.”

“There was no reason for us to talk before.”

“And what’s the reason now?”

“That’s a discussion for another time.  Now let’s get ready to go.”

“Wait!  I have to eat!”

I quickly finished my food and ran to my room.

I put on my vans and got a jacket and scarf.

I slipped a beanie on too because it looks like it’s about to snow outside.

I ran down and he was waiting by the door.  “Ready?”  I asked.

“Yes.”  He said with no emotion.

We began walking down the street to the shops in town.

“I can’t believe you haven’t even been to these shops.” 

“I’ve had no reason.  You’ve done the shopping.”

“Well, allow me to show you around.” 

I can’t believe it!  I’m going shopping with Walter!

We finally got to the little shops.  They had all their little stands out and there were so many trinkets and colors about.

“Oh!  Look!”  I exclaimed grabbing his arm and dragging him to a stand.  “These little frog boxes are so cute!”  They were these adorable little boxes shaped like frogs and when you opened them they made a ribbit sound.  “I wonder if my sister would like this.”  I said smiling.

“What value does that hold?  It’s just a box.”  Walter said.

“It’s to keep things in.  Like special little memories.  Or I can find a cute necklace and put it inside!”  I exclaimed.

“That’s silly.”

“No, it’s cute.  I would love one of these myself.”  I said setting the box back down. 

“Oh!  Miss!”  The vender said.  “I’ll give you the box for only one dollar since you’re such a pretty girl.” She said smiling.

“That’s a scam.”  Walter butted in.  “This things is worth even less than that.  I wouldn’t spend twenty five cents on it.”

The vender looked hurt.  “Walter!  That’s rude!  She’s got to make money somehow!  Sheesh.”  I turned to her.  “I’ll take it miss.”  I handed the dollar to her and she put the box in a bag.

“Thank you!”  She said as we left.

“You are too nice.  That’s your weakness.”  Walter said with an indifferent look.

“Being kind is not a weakness.”  I stated back. 

“I think it is.”

“Well you’re wrong.”

He was quiet after that.  We went to other venders.

I bought my mother a pretty shell earrings and a matching necklace.  I bought my stepdad some homemade bear jerky.  I also found a cute little necklace with an N on it for my baby sister who was named Natalie.

“Well, I’m done for today.”  I said smiling brightly.  “What do you think of shopping?”  I asked.

“I realize that I wasn’t missing out on much.”

I was disappointed by that.  “Oh, okay.”  I said quietly and the subject was dropped.

The next day I went to my classes as usual.  Had lunch with my two best friends Willow and Elaine.  They’re always there for moral support when it comes to Walter.

When I got home I did homework and chores, made dinner and went to bed.

That same routine went on for a week and through it Walter and I never talked…at all.

It was Saturday evening and I just got back from hanging out with Willow and Elaine.

“I’m home.”  I said, knowing full well I would get no response.

“Come here a minute.”  I heard from the living room.  I was a little surprised, but walked in. 

“Do you need something?”  I asked.

“I need a favor from you Amlee.”

“O-okay.”

“Take a seat.”

I did.  “What’s this about?”

“Like I said, I need a favor.”

“What’s the favor?”

“Say you’ll do it first.”

“No!  That’s stupid.  Everyone knows you don’t do that.”

He sighed, “Alright, I guess I have to just tell you then.  My father has arranged for me to be married to a woman.”

My heart dropped.  “Oh.  Who?”

“Her name is Celia Marks.  Wealthy family, beautiful, she’d be an asset to the company and all that.”

“She sounds great, but what favor do you need from me?”

He smirked.  “I need you to marry me.”

My heart stopped and my breath got caught in my throat.  “Wh-what?!”  I screeched out.

“I don’t like this girl.  At all.  I’ve met her and she’s not my type.  I don’t want to marry her, so I need an excuse.”

“I’m…an excuse?”  I asked.

“I’ve been living with you for two years and things have gone fairly well.  If I marry you things can just go on like before.  Nothing has to change and my father will get off my back.  Simple as that.”

“Oh.”  I said looking down at my lap.

“It shouldn’t be a big deal to you.  You’re already in love with me.”  My eyes widened and I heard him chuckle.  “So marrying me won’t matter at all will it?  Your dreams will come true.” He laughed again.

“Are you making fun of me?”

“No, I’m just saying it will make it easier for you to say yes.”

I stood up abruptly.  “And if I say no?!”

“You won’t.”

“What makes you think I won’t?!”

“Even if you do, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve.  Also, you just admitted you’re in love with me.”

I blushed violently.  “I’m not in love with you!”

He smirked.  “Oh really?”

“Yes!  And I won’t marry you!”

He stood up and towered over me.  He gently placed his hand on my cheek.  “Please Amlee.  I can’t marry this girl.  You’re my only hope.”  He was so sincere I felt myself giving in.

“No.  I can’t.  You don’t love me.”

“What if I said I did?”

“What?”

“Please.”  He leaned down lightly and I could feel his breath on my lips.  “Please Amlee.”  They lightly touched mine and I felt a light spark.

“A-alright.” I whispered.

He quickly leaned away.  “Thank you.”  He smirked and began walking away.

I was taken aback.  What just happened? 

“Wait!  What?!”

“You agreed, no going back now.”  He chuckled.  “So easily swayed too.  How pathetic.”

“You…you tricked me!”

“Yes, it was the only way to make you agree easier.”

“No!  That’s not fair!”

“Get over it.  You’re marrying me.”

“But…but you don’t love me.”  I said quietly.

“What’s love got to do with it?” He said.

“Everything!”

“Amlee, for the past two years you’ve never been on a date or even talked about liking another man.  You’ve been in love with me and you always will be.  No matter what I say or do, you never leave.  So what’s the big deal, even if I don’t love you why bother.  You’ll never love another man.”

My fists were clenched and I had tears going down my face.  Then finally like the snap of a twig I lashed out.  I reached over and slapped him right across his face.

“You’re right!”  I screamed.  “And I hate you because of that!  I’ll marry you.”

He was shocked at my outburst, but I just ran to my room crying.  I slammed the door and collapsed on my bed.  I can believe this happened. 

I’m marrying Walter Moore.  The man I’ve been in love with for two years, but he doesn’t love me. 

What’s wrong with the world?! 

I went to school the next day, and the next and so on, until it was finally winter break.

It was two days until Christmas when I saw something by our little tree.

I walked over and picked it up.  It was a little gold box with a red bow on top.  “What’s this?”  I asked myself.

“Your Christmas present.”  I heard from behind me.

“Christmas present?!”

“Yes, well, I figure that we’re going to have to convince family that we are madly in love.  That may be easy for you, but I’m not good at acting.”

I tensed. “Ass.”  I mumbled shoving the gift in his chest and walking off.

“Hey, I’m sorry.  Do you want to open the gift now?  It might help.  You need it for tomorrow.”

“What is it?”  I asked.

He handed it to me.  I took it and opened it.  Sitting there was a little froggy box.  “Why do I need this tomorrow?”

“Open it stupid.”

I did and sitting in the box was a gorgeous wedding band.

I gasped.  “This…this is…”

“You’re going to need it when you go to your parent’s.”

“That’s true.”

He took it from me and slipped the ring on my finger.  “There, perfect.”  He smiled.

I just glared.  “I hate you.”  I mumbled.

“No you don’t.”

“I do.”

He sighed.  “Better change that attitude on Christmas day when you come over to our house.”

“I will, but only on the outside.”

“Yeah, yeah.”  He said walking off.

Before he left though I looked at the little froggy box and smiled a little.

“Hey!”

“What?”  He asked turning around. 

“Thanks for the froggy box.”  I smiled.

He just smirked and walked into his room.

~*~

It’s now Christmas eve and I’m at my mother’s house on her front steps.  I took another look at the gorgeous ring on my finger and sighed.

“Let’s get this over with.” I mumbled.

I knocked and waited.  A few seconds later the door was opened by my stepdad.  “Amlee!”  He exclaimed.  He gave me a big hug.

“Hey Dave.”  I said smiling.

I got in and took my shoes off by the door. 

“Amlee!  Welcome home sweetheart!”  My mother said running up and hugging me.  She still looked beautiful.  I got a lot of my looks from her.  My hair and my eyes, but my white skin from my dad.

“Where’s Natalie?”  I said smiling.

“Here!”  I heard a small voice say.  She ran in and threw her arms around my legs.  “Sissy!” 

I smiled and hugged her.  “Hey little one!  I got you a gift.”  I said reached in my bag and pulling out the little wrapped box.  Her face immediately brightened up.  “Go put it under the Christmas tree.”  I said smiling.

Natalie ran off and I smiled, but all was shattered when my mother suddenly screeched.  “What is that?!”  She pointed at my hand.

I brought it up and showed her. 

“Oh my lord!  Who?!”

“Your wish has come true mother.  Walter proposed.”  I smiled the best I could.

My mom screamed again.  “No way!  I have to call Penny right now!”  She exclaimed.  Penny is Walter’s mother and my mom’s best friend.

“We’re going to see them tomorrow mom.  Why don’t you wait?”

She stopped and turned to me with a strained face.  “Do I have to?”

“Come on, it’d be more fun that way.  Who knows if Walter even told her?  He may want it to be a surprise for tomorrow.”

“It is a wonderful Christmas present.”  She said smiling.  “So, how did he propose?”

“Well, I’m going to save that story for tomorrow.”  I said quickly.  Walter and I forgot to set up a story.  That was a stupid move.

“Fine.  But I knew it would work!  I’m so happy!”  She hugged me and went bouncing off to the kitchen.

I laughed and took my bags upstairs to my room.  Once I got a little settled I took all the presents and put them under the tree.

For the rest of the day everyone was super happy and excited.  I pretended to be, but in the back of my head I was a little sad.

I wanted my engagement to mean more than this.  Now it’s just an excuse.  He doesn’t love me, he’s just using me.  I love him though…and I think that makes it worse.

~*~

The next day my mom got me up a little early and we unwrapped gifts.  My mom got me a new camera and a scrapbook.  She talked about how happy she did because of the engagement, which only made me feel bad.

They were all happy with their gifts and whatnot then my mom dragged me upstairs and wanted to fix me up for my ‘fiancé’.

She straightened and curled my hair then pinned it up in a delicate up-do.  Then she attacked my face with makeup.

She went the whole nine yards.  I wear makeup a lot, but it was kind of nice having someone more skilled doing it for me.  My mom is a beautician.

She finished and I looked beautiful.  I loved it.

She then surprised me with cute new jeans and a cute light blue sweater that goes over a tank top.

She told me she wanted to make it look like I wasn’t putting too much into looking good for him, but still looked adorable.

I laughed and we all finished getting ready to go over to the Moore’s.

Their house was on the nice side of town.  Only about a ten minute drive.

We got there and rang the doorbell.  The doors were gorgeous.  Tall and mahogany.

Maxwell answered the door.  He was their butler, but he was more like a part of the family now.  “Ah, if it isn’t the Tylers.”  He said smiling, inviting us in.

“Trisha?!”  We heard Penny screaming.  Trisha is my mom.

“Penny!” 

They gave each other a big hug then Trisha came over and hugged my stepdad, Natalie, and finally me. 

“Amlee darling, you look absolutely stunning.”  She smiled, but then her gaze when down to my hand.  “Where the hell did this come from?!”  She screamed.

“Um…”

“Merry Christmas mother.”  We heard from the stairs.  Standing there in all of his glory was Walter.

“What’s the meaning of this?!”  She turned to him.

“I proposed to Amlee and she accepted.” He said with a devilishly handsome smile.

Penny screamed in excitement and hugged me then my mother.  “It’s finally come true Trish!”  They both were overjoyed.

Walter looked at me and winked.  I just blushed and looked away.

“Let’s celebrate!” Penny declared.

“Celebrate what?” Walter’s dad asked, walking in.

“Amlee and Walter are finally getting married!”  She exclaimed.

“What?!”  He said surprised.  “Walter what about Celia?!”

“Well, I don’t want to marry her.  I’m in love with Amlee.  Plus, do you really think mother would let me marry another woman?”  He said that so smoothly that it even had me convinced that he was in love with me.

He walked over and placed his hand delicately on my waist.    I tensed, but tried not to show my distress.  “So please, just give us your blessing.”

“He gives it!”  Penny exclaimed.  Walter smiled.

“Thank you mother.” He said smiling humbly.

We all moved into the living room and sat on the couches by the fireplace. 

Of course Walter and I were next to each other and he had his arm draped around my shoulders. 

He leaned over to my ear with a smirk and whispered, “You look great.”

I blushed.

All our parents smiled at us.  He did that on purpose to make it look more convincing.  The jerk.

“You two look so beautiful together.  Oh!  I can’t wait for grandkids!  They’re going to be so cute!”

I choked on my drink when Penny said that.  “Isn’t it a little soon?  I mean we just got engaged.”  I said quietly.

“Well, eventually you are having kids, so what’s the problem.”  She smiled.

“Nothing.”  Walter said for me.  “Nothing at all.”

“So, Walter, Lee wouldn’t tell me, but how did you propose?”  My mother asked, using my nickname.

“Well, a couple weeks ago she set up this little Christmas tree by our window and so I used that as a start.  I went shopping with her and she talked about how she really liked this little frog box, but she got one for her sister even though she really wanted one, so I went back and got one the next day when she was at her classes.  Well two days ago I placed a little wrapped box under the tree and she found it.  I waited for her to go over and pick it up before I showed myself.  I told her to open it and she was confused at first with the froggy box, but when she opened it she was so excited she practically threw herself at me.”

I blushed.  That was a little over-dramatic, but they all bought it.

“Aw!  That’s so sweet!”

“A little too sweet if you ask me.” Said a voice behind us.  Standing there was Melinda, Walter’s little sister.  She was bout sixteen.

“Shut up Mel.”  He said.

“Whatever.”  She went back up to her room.  “By the way, my boyfriend is coming over later.  Don’t embarrass me.”  She yelled.

“Yay!  Justin is coming!”  Penny said.  She’s way too happy.

“Who’s Justin?” Walter asked.

“Mel’s new boyfriend.  He’s quite the cutie.”  Penny said giggling.

I saw Walter’s brow furrow.  He’s a little protective of his little sister.

“Well, I have to use the restroom, if you don’t mind.”  I said getting up. 

I walked down the long hallway to the restroom.

Truthfully I just wanted to get away for a minute.

I looked in the mirror and just kind of readjusted some curls and did small touch ups.  I sighed and finally walked out. 

The minute I did, I shrieked.  Leaning against the wall with his arms crossed was Walter.

“So, what did you think of my story?”  He asked smirking.

“I thought it was a little over dramatic.”

“Well, to every lie there’s a grain of truth.  There was a huge grain to that one.”

“Yes, it was mostly true, but the intentions weren’t as sweet.” I snapped.

“What was I supposed to say?  The truth?”

“No…I guess not.”

“Exactly.”

“I knew it.”  We heard someone behind us.  We quickly turned to see Melinda standing there.  “It was way too sweet be true.”

“Melinda, this is none of your business.”

“Um…I’m making it my business.”

“Mel, seriously don’t worry about it.  We are getting married for real.”

“Yes, but I want to know why.  Why are you getting married?  Is it because of that Celia girl?”

We were both silent.  “I knew it.”  She said smirking.  “Mom would be crushed to learn this.”

“Well, she’s not going to find out is she?”

“I don’t know.”  She said smirking.  “She might.”  She showed a wicked smile.

“Mel, think about this…who would mom believe more?  All I need to do is give Amlee a kiss and be super lovey dovey with her in front of mom, then nothing you say will have any effect.”

She frowned.  “Fine, you win this round.”

“I always win.” 

She turned and walked back to her room.

“Jeez.”  I said under my breath.

“The joys of having a little sister.”

“I do have a little sister.”

“Yeah, but she’s a baby.”

“Touché.”

“Well, let’s go my beautiful fiancé.”

“There’s no one around.  You don’t have to be a freak.”

“I know, it’s just practice.”  He said smiling and taking my hand.

We walked back into the living room hand in hand and you could see both our mothers just swoon with happiness.

“Alright you two have a seat.” My mom said.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“Well, we were hoping this would happen and we bet all our money on it, so we have your whole wedding already planned!  You two will be married and off on your honeymoon by next week!”  Penny exclaimed.

“What?!”  We both jumped up in shock.

“One week?!” He exclaimed.

“Yes!  Aren’t you excited!  We even have the plaza booked.  We called like three months ago and I have a great relationship with the manager.  She loves me and promised that whenever my son was engaged the Plaza would be open.  I just gave her a call and she said she’s good for Saturday next week!  We have a lot of work ahead of us though.”  Penny said excitedly. 

I personally couldn’t believe my ears.  I’m getting married…next week!  How can this happen?!  And what’s supposed to happen on this honeymoon?!

Through the next week my whole head was in a blur.

I was fitted for my dress and I barely even got to say if I liked it or not.  It was a very beautiful strapless number with a blue ribbon right below the bust then the skirt wasn’t princess like, but didn’t stick to my legs, it was just more of a natural flow and went into a long train.

They decided that my hair would be down in a mass of curls and the front pieces would be pulled back with a small tiara on top.  Then the veil would be attached to the tiara and go over my face and then back and flow into the train. 

Truly it was absolutely amazing, but it was all so rushed I could barely appreciate the process of getting my dress.

Then finally it was the night before the wedding and my nerves were on end.  I barely even had to do anything for the wedding though.

“Are you alright?” Walter asked me while I was furiously stirring the biscuit dough.

I settled down and took a breath, “Yeah, I’m fine.  Just a little on edge.”

“Why?”

“Um…I’m kind of getting married tomorrow.”

“We went through the rehearsal and things went fine.”

“So?  I wasn’t wearing the dress or anything and there weren’t hundreds of people!”

“Speaking of which, how is the dress.”

“I can’t tell you.  Just because this is a fake wedding doesn’t mean you get to know.”  I said going back to the dough.

He chuckled.  “Fine.  Be that way.  I bet it looks beautiful though.”  He began to walk out when I just slammed my spoon and bowl on the counter.

“What the hell is your problem?!”  I yelled.

“What?”  He asked turning around.

“You’ve ruined everything for me and you don’t even care!  I always dreamed my wedding would be amazing and beautiful and with the one I really love who truly loves me!  I always dreamed that my honeymoon would be magical and the best vacation of my life, again, with the one who shares my love!  And now I can’t have that because I’m stuck with you!  Just because you couldn’t just stand up to your father!  You’re a damn coward!”  I screamed.  There were a couple tears threatening to overflow now.

He was just staring at me with an incredulous look.  Then like a flash it was gone and he was walking towards me.

“What if I told you that I could make your dreams come true?”

I looked up at him shocked.  “B-but…you hate me.”  I stuttered out.

His hand rested gently on the crook of my neck and he was looking down at me with a strange look in his eye.

“Amlee, I don’t hate you.”

“But…you don’t love me.  I just can’t marry someone that doesn’t-”

I was immediately cut off by that point, by his lips crashing onto mine.

I was shocked for a minute, so I didn’t know how to react, but suddenly my body began moving on it’s own and I melted into him.  I ran my hands through his soft hair and he placed his hand securely on my waist pulling me closer to him.

The feeling of his lips on mine like this is something I’ve only dreamed of.  He’s kissed me before, but never like this, with so much tender passion that felt like he had been suppressing.

He finally broke the kiss and rested his forehead on mine.  “Amlee, I do love you.”

I quickly pulled out of his embrace and turned away.  “How can I possibly believe you?  You’re a manipulative, mean man.” I said crossing my arms.

“I don’t expect you to believe me, but I want you to know that tomorrow you’re going to have your dream wedding, with the man that’s madly in love with you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?  Why would you keep that a secret?  That’s why I think you’re lying.”

“I didn’t want to tell you because I was in denial and I had my pride in the way.  I’m not a good guy.  I’m really not.  Just you saying all that right now just sort of made me realize how stupid I was in letting my pride get in the way.”

“I don’t want you to embarrass me.”  I mumbled.

“Amlee you know me, if I was lying I wouldn’t go to this extent.  Would I really tell you all of this if I was just making it up?  Would I put myself through this?  I’m not an emotional, or romantic man, so this is kind of hard for me.”

“I guess that kind of makes sense.”  I said hesitantly. 

“So, I’ll ask again, but better this time.”  To my utter astonishment he got down on one knew.  “Amlee, will you please do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

I was so shocked I didn’t know what to say.  I guess there’s only one thing I can at this point.  “Yes.”

He smiled and got up, wrapping me in a hug.

~*~

The next day I was woken up by my mother and soon to be mother in law standing over me.

“Holy crap!”  I yelled surprised. 

“Alright!  Time to wake up!  We’ve got to start getting you ready!  Walter is going to be staying here and we’re going over to my house to get you ready!  That way we have a bigger space for all the woman.”  Penny said chuckling.

“No need to get dressed or anything sweetheart.  We’re just going straight to Penny’s house.” My mom said getting my out of bed.  I was still half asleep.  I was in gray sweats and a white tank top, my hair was in a dishevled bun on my head and my eyes were still half shut.

My mom grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around me and they rushed me down the stairs.

“Bye boys!  We’re taking the bride!”  They called running out of the house.  I looked back to just see Walter smiling at me as the door shut.

That’s when everything from the night before came back.  After I said yes he had kissed me again and this time I had been more willing. 

Then I finally said I had to go to sleep so I didn’t pass out on the altar.  He laughed and let me go to sleep.

I can’t believe Walter said he loved me.  It just is so far-fetched that I can hardly keep up with it.  I really want to believe it, but it’s hard. 

When we got to Penny’s house I was rushed in and all my makeup and hair was done then I was just shoved into the dress and the tiara and veil were placed on my head.  Just like that all the woman who were working on me backed up and admired their work.

I stood up and looked in the mirror in awe.

“I look amazing.”  I said quietly.  I really did.  I was beautiful. 

“I’m going to cry!”  My mom exclaimed.  Then her and Penny held onto each other as they both freaked out.

I just chuckled. 

I was a little happy now.  Maybe this won’t be so bad.  It is supposed to be my day after all.

They got some food in me and readjusted all my makeup and curls before we finally left.  The wedding was set to start at three.

We got there at about two.  I was rushed into a room at the back of the Plaza to make sure no one saw me before the ceremony.

I sat down with a huff in one of the chairs.  Melinda and my other bride’s maids sat around me.

There were two others who were my friends from college.  Willow and Elaine.

“How are you feeling?” Willow asked.

“A little haphazard.” I replied.

“Well, my brother is a bit intimidating.  I mean, as long as you’re doing this all for the right reasons it shouldn’t be a problem though, right?”  Melinda said smirking.

I smirked back.  “We are doing it for the right reasons.  Just last night he said he loved me after all.”

Melinda looked a little taken aback, but kept quiet.

They continued to hound me with questions and advice for the ‘wedding night’.  I was getting increasingly nervous.

I began rubbing my hands together.

Finally my dad, mom, and step dad walked in.  “Amlee, are you ready?” My dad asked.

I brightened up immediately.  “Dad!”  I got up and gave him a big hug.  “I haven’t seen you in forever!”

He smiled and hugged me back.  “It’s almost time bud.”  He said softly.

I pulled back and looked at him.  He had tears in his eyes.  “You look so beautiful Amlee.  I’m just so proud.”

My mom came up.  “I’ve never been so happy for you sweetheart.  I know that you and Walter will have a good like together, no matter the situation.” 

I gave her and my stepdad a hug and we walked out of the room.

The bride’s maids went with the groomsmen, the flower girl and the ring bearer went and so did my mother and step dad, along with the Moores.  Finally it was my turn.

I wrapped my arm in my dad’s and held my extravagant bouquet in the other.

I took a deep breath, and then the doors opened.

Suddenly I was walking down the aisle, looking straight at Walter.  He was beaming.  I couldn’t believe it, but he looked genuinely happy.  I was pretty sure you couldn’t fake that.  He looked like a man in love.

My dad gave me to Walter and kissed my cheek.  We walked up to the altar and the ceremony began.

Through it Walter leaned over and whispered, “Amlee, I wasn’t messing with you last night.  I do love you, and I’d never imagine standing here with anyone else.”

I blushed.  I wasn’t expecting that.  I turned a little to him.  “I believe you.”  I whispered.

He smiled.

The ceremony continued. 

We said our ‘I do’s’, put the rings on, he quickly dipped me and kissed me fully on the lips, and we ran down the aisle to the limousine.

We got in and they began driving. 

I was actually smiling very widely.  I was happy.  Very happy. 

“Well, Mrs. Moore, what to do now.”  He leaned down and kissed me softly.

I wrapped my hand through his hair and to the back of his neck.

He pulled away a little and his breathing was labored.  “You look absolutely stunning by the way.  I’ve never seen anything quite so beautiful.”

I blushed again.  He smiled.  “You turn red easily.  Oh the fun I could have.”

I narrowed my eyes, “You wouldn’t.”

He just laughed and crashed his lips back onto mine.

That was the most unorthodox wedding ever, but in the end it turned out alright.  The reception was a hit.  We did the cake cutting and I smashed a well deserved piece of cake in his face and he got me too.  We toasted and ate.  We had our first dance too.

There were so many emotions washing through me I thought I might fall, but he was holding onto me so tightly I knew I wouldn’t.

It was even better than I had dreamed.

Finally we were leaving and off to the airport on our honeymoon.

We went to Paris France.

That night we finally got to the hotel and got our room.

I was so tired I just went and took a shower.

I got out and it was his turn.

I laid down on the bed and shut my eyes.

After a minute I heard the water turn off.  Walter exited, his hair dripping, and just standing there in a God-like beauty in boxers.  My eyes got wide.

He swiftly walked over and climbed over me onto the bed.  “You’re mine tonight Mrs. Moore.” He said smiling devilishly.

Again my cheeks turned pink.

He quickly leaned down and kissed me.  The minute he did my muscles seemed to relax and I pulled him closer to me.

He’s my husband.  It’s such a strange thought.  I’m married.

And tonight he’s mine.

Things quickly got heated and the feeling of his warm hands on me will forever be stuck in my memory.

He was so gentle with me that it was the best night of my life.

He really does love me.

To this day I still have the little froggy box he got me.  I gave it to our first born child.  A girl named Amy.  She’s smart and beautiful.  Just like her father.

Walter and I are still together and we’re celebrating our fifteenth wedding anniversary tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 193K 89
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
1.6M 98.1K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...