My Hazzy - [Narry AU]

By nannea

"Are you looking for a job?" She asks and he nods. "What kind of job?" She asks again. "Something full time,"... More

My Hazzy
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Not a chapter but an important explanation
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Characters' ask
Chapter 37
Characters' ask - Answers
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Valentine's Day extra
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
One last note
Update / 2018

Chapter 21

21K 711 542
By nannea

This Monday morning, nothing seems typical.

Harry overslept and he is in a rush. He can't find any clean clothes so he ends up wearing some old sweatpants and a hoodie. His hair is a mess and when he arrives to Niall's house, the first thing Niall notices is that something isn't right with Harry. 

"You're late," Niall decides to comment once Harry has stepped inside.

"Sorry," Harry mutters, refusing to look at Niall.

Harry is in a bad mood and it's quite easy to tell. Niall immediately notices it, knitting his brows and thinking what could possibly be wrong with Harry. He quickly reasons it must have something to do with what happened yesterday and he blushes, shrugging the thought off.

"Aisling and Lou are eating breakfast," Niall tells to Harry.

"Okay." And with that, Harry walks pass Niall and goes to the kitchen without giving Niall a single look.

Niall feels confused. He has no idea what is up with Harry and he starts wondering if Harry is bothered by Louis being here. He quickly realises that could be it and thinks maybe he should try talking to Harry after he gets back home from work.

"I'm leaving now!" Niall shouts.

"Bye daddy!" He hears Aising yelling.

"Bye Ni!" That's Louis.

Niall waits to hear another shout but it never happens so he sighs, thinking he has to talk with Harry.

Harry has been around for two hours and Louis is already convinced Harry hates him. He has no idea why, they don't even know each others and yet, Harry seems extremely cold towards Niall's best friend.

Harry only talks to Aisling and occasionally he might say a word or two to Louis. Things remain the same until it's time for Aisling's nap. Harry knows it will get even more awkward when the little girl isn't around because he needs to be alone with Louis.

Harry tells Louis he will put Aisling to bed and Louis only nods, not bothering to disagree with Harry. While he is away, Louis pulls out his phone and sends a message to Niall, asking if he knows if something is wrong with Harry.

Louis doesn't even realise Harry has got back, he wakes back to reality when he hears Harry going around the kitchen, possibly making some coffee.

"Are you making coffee?" Louis asks after stepping inside the kitchen. Harry's back is turned on Louis and he only nods.

"Could you make enough for me too?" Louis hesitantly asks and sits down on the table.

"Sure."

Harry knows he is acting a bit rudely but he is trying, he really is trying. He can't help the way he feels, he is hurt and slightly angry too. He still thinks how it's odd that Niall has never mentioned Louis. He wonders if something is up, a bang of jealousy hitting his chest as he tries to shrug the thoughts off.

Once the coffee is ready, Harry pours it into two mugs and hands the other one to Louis. He sits down, making sure he isn't directly opposite of Louis because it would simply be awkward, considering he has no interest looking at the Doncaster lad.

"How do you know Niall?" Harry suddenly asks because he is curious to know. It is also the only thing he could come up with so he decided to just go for it. 

"Oh we go way back, we met at a summer camp and then I did an exchange year in high school and stayed with Niall's family," Louis explains with a smile on his face and Harry feels a bit sick. Summer camp, what a cliche, he thinks and starts hoping there is absolutely nothing going on between Niall and Louis.

"So you're his boyfriend," Harry spits out. He knows that's probably not the case but he has to make sure, otherwise his own jealousy is going to eat him alive.

To his surprise, Louis first seems to choke on his coffee and he coughs for a while before he lets out a huge laugh. Harry watches him with knitted brows, not understanding what could possibly be so funny.

"More like best friend. I'm straight," Louis tells Harry and chuckles a little.

"Oh." Now Harry feels extremely embarrassed. He can feel his cheeks reddening and he holds his head down, ashamed of himself.

"How did you know Niall's gay? Did he tell you?"

Harry's head shoots up and he looks at Louis with wide eyes. Louis realises the problem and slams his hand against his mouth, now staring back at Harry with eyes wide open.

"You didn't know," Louis mumbles between his fingers.

"Not really, but I was guessing," Harry admits.

"Oh," Louis breathes out after moving his hand away from his mouth. He starts grinning because he just realised something.

"You like him." Harry knows it's not a question but a statement, and he has no idea how to reply to it. There's really no denying it now, not after he suspected Louis was Niall's boyfriend and acted like a jealous fool.

"Don't tell him," Harry almost begs.

"Please," he adds.

"Oh no I wouldn't do that, it's none of my business," Louis quickly assures.

"Thanks," Harry murmurs and takes a sip of his coffee.

"So, you're gay then?" Louis asks.

"Bisexual," Harry quickly corrects.

"Don't you think it's a bit funny, that Niall is gay but he still made a kid with Kate. I mean of course they didn't plan it or anything, they were young and all that but still," Louis rambles.

Harry gasps and looks at Louis with wide eyes. Louis quickly understands he has managed to reveal another secret and he blushes.

"K-Kate?" Harry stutters, suddenly remembering where he has heard the name before. Louis nods and Harry frowns a bit, feeling more confused than ever.

Aisling's mother is called Kate. Harry knows for a fact Aisling's second name is Kate, Aisling once told him.

"You don't know anything about her, right," Louis infers and Harry shakes his head.

"Could you tell me about her?" He carefully asks.

"I eh, I can't. I mean I don't think I should, you have to talk with Niall about that," Louis nervously rambles.

"Do you know where she is?" Harry asks, completely ignoring what Louis just said.

"Yes."

"So she's alive at least?"

"Yeah."

"Why isn't she here? I mean how could she abandon Aisling like that," Harry wonders out loud and Louis stiffens.

"She didn't," Louis quietly mumbles, not realising Harry has heard him.

"I really think you should talk with Niall, it's not my place to tell," he then says.

"Yeah," Harry finally agrees.

Louis feels nervous. He knows Niall would kill him if he found out how much Louis accidentally told Harry. The subject is very touchy and Louis knows Niall doesn't want to talk about it, not even with his best friend.

"Harry?" Louis hesitantly asks.

"Please don't tell Niall I said anything," he almost begs.

"Well if you won't spill my secrets I won't spill yours," Harry smiles and offers his hand to Louis.

"Deal." They shake hands.

For the rest of the day, Harry is like a ray of sunshine and he can't seem to stop rambling. He and Louis talk about everything while playing with Aisling. They laugh together while sharing some drinking stories, making sure Aisling doesn't understand what they are discussing.

When Niall comes home, he gets a surprise of his life. Harry is sitting on the living room floor, Louis behind him and trying to do some kind of ponytail on Harry's hair. Aisling is sitting next to Harry, giggling loudly and shouting commands to Louis.

"What's going on?" Niall questions, stepping into the living room.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Aisling shrieks, getting up from the floor and running to Niall.

"Loueh is making Hazzy pretty!" Aisling says with an excited tone and hugs Niall's leg.

"Aisling thought this was a funny game," Harry mutters and Louis laughs, tying the ponytail with a bobble.

Harry looks ridiculous. Louis has created small ponytails around Harry's head, there are at least seven of them, all tied with colourful bobbles. Niall looks at the nanny before letting out a huge laugh, bending down and resting his hands on his knees while laughing loudly.

Both Harry and Louis are watching Niall, Harry feeling a bit offended while Louis looks at his best friend in amusement. It's been a while since he has seen Niall like this, laughing loudly and looking extremely happy. Louis can't help but to think it's all because of Harry.

Once Niall calms down a little, he sits on the couch, wiping tears off of his face. He keeps smiling shortly, especially when he sees Harry's hair again.

"Harry come here," Niall gently tells him and points at a spot in front of him.

While Harry moves to sit between Niall's legs, Louis continues finishing a puzzle with Aisling. Niall begins to take off the bobbles from Harry's hair and once he is done, Harry thinks he should move away.

He doesn't get a chance because out of nowhere, he feels Niall's fingers tangling in his hair and then, Niall starts massaging Harry's scalp. He closes his eyes almost immediately and sighs, enjoying the feeling of Niall's fingers massaging his scalp.

When Louis looks at them and sees what is going on, he quickly wiggles his eyebrows at Niall who shakes his head with a smile on his face, continuing to massage Harry's head.

Once Niall is done, he looks at Harry's hair, which is a complete mess by this point. He leans closer to Harry's ear, whispering 'hold on a sec' before getting up and going to search for a hairbrush.

Harry is frozen to his spot, goosebumps on his arms and his heart beating incredibly fast. The massage felt amazing but when Niall whispered to Harry's ear, he almost had a heart attack. He sighs, quickly peeking at Louis and Aisling. Louis is smirking for some reason and Harry raises his eyebrows at him, trying to ask what is the smirk about.

Before Louis can say anything, Niall comes back with a hairbrush and sits down on his previous spot. He gently brushes Harry's curls, putting them back in place and tapping Harry's shoulder, telling him it's all done.

"I should get going now," Harry awkwardly mumbles while getting up.

"Hazzy coming tomorrow?" Aisling immediately asks, looking at her nanny with worried eyes.

"Of course Aisling," Harry smiles at the little girl.

"Good boy, my Hazzy. Come give a hug," Aisling commands and holds her arms up. 

Harry chuckles, walking to her and lifting her up, finding it a bit hard since she isn't that light. He holds her against his chest, her legs pressing against his sides. She wraps her arms around Harry's neck, resting her forehead against Harry's cheek.

"Hazzy so lovely today," Aisling mumbles and places a wet kiss on his jaw.

"You too," Harry gently says before placing her back on the floor. He tells bye to Louis and Niall, walking to the hallway and putting his shoes on. He sighs, feeling more calm now that Niall is out of his sight.

"Harry hold on I need to talk to you!" Harry hears Niall shouting when he is almost about to step out of the door. He turns around and sees Niall walking towards him.

"So eh, is everything alright? You seemed a bit off this morning," Niall mumbles, feeling a bit awkward all of a sudden.

"Of course," Harry quickly assures.

"I was just tired," he adds and Niall nods, offering Harry a smile.

"So you and Louis are getting along just fine?" He questions, just to make sure.

"Yeah, he's a nice lad," Harry truthfully admits. Thanks to him and Louis' earlier conversation, he has decided Louis is in fact very nice and every problem Harry had before are long gone by now.

"Alright well, see you tomorrow then," Niall mumbles and looks at Harry, just for a brief second.

"See you." For some reason, Harry doesn't leave. He is frozen to his spot, looking at Niall. He feels like he needs to say something, something he probably should have said yesterday or this morning.

"Niall?" Harry quietly asks.

"Yeah?" Niall hesitantly meets Harry's eyes.

"I'm sorry," Harry almost whispers. Niall doesn't say anything, he just nods, a small smile forming on his face.

"Bye then," Harry murmurs, turning around and finally leaving the house.

Later that night when Aisling is already sleeping, Niall and Louis are sitting downstairs watching some telly while drinking tea. Niall keeps getting lost in his thoughts, wondering if he should open up to Louis about something or not.

After minutes of thinking, he starts getting anxious and decides he has to talk to someone. Louis is the only person Niall can trust with these things and he knows Louis is the only one he can talk to about her.

"I got a call today," Niall blurts out and Louis turns his head, looking at Niall with raised eyebrows.

"I h-have to go t-there this Thursday," Niall continues, stuttering a little.

Louis immediately understands what Niall is talking about and he gets worried, wondering if something has happened.

"Did something happen to her or...?" Louis hesitantly asks.

"They didn't say. They only said they've arranged a meeting and wish for me to be there."

"What time is it?"

"Three thirty, I don't know what time I'll be home," Niall sighs.

"Alright well, it's fine since I'm here. I can just tell Harry you have a dentist appointment or something," Louis shrugs his shoulders.

Niall doesn't say anything, instead he bends over a little, placing his elbows against his knees to support his head. He hides his face under his palms because he has started to tear up.

The whole subject is so emotional and it's still painful, even though Niall should have accepted it a long time ago. He still thinks about it all the time and sometimes late at night when he is laying on his bed, he lets himself cry a little.

He doesn't cry because the situation affects him, no, he cries because he can't stop thinking about Aisling. He feels so sorry for his daughter, knowing she has grown up without her mother around and most likely she will never even meet her mother, at least not until she is older and can understand everything better.

"Hey hey hey, it's alright." Niall hears Louis saying and suddenly, he feels arms wrapping around his shoulders as Louis pulls him into a tight hug.

"I just, I feel so bad for Aisling," Niall mumbles, trying not to cry.

"I know you do," Louis gently answers and caresses Niall's back.

"I'm here for you," Louis tells his best friend and keeps hugging him.

"Thanks Lou."

"So, is Kate's sister going to be there on Thursday?" Louis carefully asks after releasing Niall from the hug.

"I don't know, I need to text her and ask."

"You do that, in case she can't make it I'll come with you."

"No Louis you don't have to do that."

"Yes I do. I'm never around enough anyway," Louis sighs and feels bad all of a sudden.

"You should seriously think about moving here," Niall tries to joke a bit and Louis chuckles.

"Maybe," he playfully answers.

After the talk Niall feels a bit better and he starts watching the telly again. While Niall focuses on the show, occasionally letting out a laugh, Louis gets lost in his thoughts.

He recalls his conversation with Harry, feeling extremely guilty about revealing his best mate's secrets to Harry like that. It was an accident though, it's not like Louis did it on purpose. He hopes Harry won't say anything to Niall.

"So, you and Harry," Louis suddenly says after being silent for quite some time.

From the corner of his eye, he sees Niall stiffening and he has to hold down a laugh. Now that Louis knows Harry likes Niall and he is almost certain Niall has some feelings for the nanny, he has decided to do something about it. Maybe not anything too radical, but at least he can try to talk to Niall about it a bit.

"I think you should give it a chance," Louis tells Niall.

"No," Niall immediately answers.

"Why not?"

"Look at my life! I can't pull someone into this mess. Aisling doesn't even know I like men and how would I explain that to her anyway? She wouldn't understand and it wouldn't last anyway and I can't do that to Aisling. It's unfair. I have to think about her. She loves Harry, she really does and I won't let her lose Harry. I can't do that to her."

It's all a huge ramble and Louis quickly realises how frustrated Niall must be feeling. It's like he just blurted out every problem there is going on in his mind.

"Niall, I'm sure he would stick around, just give him a chance."

"I just can't Lou, I'm not ready," Niall almost whispers.

"Give it some time. Besides I'm quite sure Harry has feelings for you," Louis reveals.

"No he doesn't," Niall argues.

"Yeah right. You should've seen Harry's face when you gave him that massage. What was that about anyway?" Louis teases.

"It was nothing," Niall shrugs his shoulders.

"You're a terrible liar my friend."

"And you're a bully."

"Oh come on, I'm not that bad."

"Have you heard yourself Lou?"

"I'm just trying to help. You two would look cute together."

"Don't push it Louis."

"Fine. I'll stop."

"Finally."

After their small and not so serious word fight, they look at each others before bursting out a laugh. Niall can't stop laughing, he doesn't even know why he is laughing or what is so funny but he can't stop. Louis has joined him, soon wiping some tears off of his face.

"Seriously though, give the nanny a chance," Louis tells Niall after they have calmed down.

"I'll think about it."

The next morning, Niall wakes up when Louis shakes his shoulder. He lets out a groan, thinking how badly he wants to keep on sleeping. He barely slept last night because he couldn't stop thinking about everything, mainly Harry and her.

"You'll be late from work. Harry's here already," Louis tells Niall.

"He is? Fuck! What time is it?"

"A bit over eight," Louis answers.

Niall lets out a few swearing words before getting up, almost tripping over his feet as he jogs downstairs. He doesn't even realise he completely forgot to change clothes or shower for that matter, because the only thing he can think of is eating some breakfast and then hurrying to work.

When he rushes to the kitchen, Aisling is there eating her porridge. Harry is sitting opposite of her reading a newspaper.

"Morning," Niall breaths out and goes to the fridge.

"Morning Niall – oh." Harry lets out a surprised gasp when he sees Niall.

Harry has seen Niall shirtless before, many times in fact, but right now Niall isn't wearing even his usual pyjama bottoms. He is only wearing white and rather tight boxers that hug his nicely shaped bum perfectly.

Harry can't tear his eyes away from Niall's bottom, not even when he hears Aisling letting out a giggle. Harry is frozen, mesmerised by the sight in front of his eyes and he doesn't even realise he has a growing problem going on down in his pants.

Harry's gaze doesn't leave Niall's body, not even when Niall turns around and Harry's eyes meet the bulge in Niall's boxers.

"What?" Niall suddenly asks, sounding slightly irritated and Harry snaps out of his daydreaming and finally meets Niall's eyes.

"Oh you eh, I-I... Y-you're j-just..." Harry stutters but can't seem to form a proper sentence.

"Where daddy's pants? You naughty boy," Aisling comments and Niall looks down, blushing heavily when he realises he is only wearing his tight, white boxers. No wonder Harry was staring at him so intensively.

"Shit," Niall quietly curses between his teeth.

Suddenly Niall is in a hurry to leave the kitchen. He rushes back upstairs, still holding his yogurt in his hand. He finishes eating it while going to his bedroom, shutting the door and leaning against it. He mentally curses himself, silently thinking he is a complete idiot.

Meanwhile downstairs, Louis has just stepped in the kitchen where Harry looks like he has seen a ghost. His whole face looks pale, his eyes almost popping out. Louis chuckles and asks what is wrong with Harry.

"My Hazzy is tired," Aisling answers to Louis' question.

"Harry?" Louis asks, sitting down next to Harry and tapping his shoulder gently.

"Oh yeah, very tired. Slept horribly," Harry bursts out and Louis looks at him with a strange expression on his face.

Suddenly, Louis sees the problem. When he went to wake Niall up, Niall ran out of bed and didn't put any clothes on. Louis took a pee so he didn't see where Niall went but now he is guessing Niall has been in the kitchen, walking around in his boxers. He has to hold back a laugh after doing all the calculation. No wonder Harry looks so shocked.

They all fall into a silence and Louis starts making coffee. He asks Harry if he has eaten breakfast yet and Harry quickly shakes his head so Louis opens the fridge, grabbing a yogurt and handing it to Harry.

Back in upstairs, Niall has just stepped out of shower and dresses into his work clothes. He still feels extremely embarrassed and can't even stress about the fact he didn't really get any sleep or about the upcoming meeting on Thursday.

He can't believe he just did what he did, walking into the kitchen wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. He can't believe he let Harry see him like that. It wouldn't be a problem unless Niall didn't have some mixed feelings towards Harry.

He suddenly feels a bit insecure and stares at himself in the mirror. He sighs at the sight, feeling extremely insecure.

Niall doesn't think much about himself. He is too skinny but on the other hand, too chubby. He doesn't have nice abs like Harry does, Niall still remembers how flat and muscular Harry's stomach looked when he saw the nanny without a shirt.

He also thinks he is too short, he has way too many freckles and his skin is too pale. He wishes he would be at least muscular but no, he isn't. It's simply because he doesn't have time to exercise, between work and taking care of Aisling there isn't much free time left for Niall. If there is, like when Aisling is at his mother's house, Niall uses the free time to clean around the house.

He sighs again and quickly buttons his dress shirt up, leaving the top button open. He checks the complete look, thinking maybe he looks good enough and leaves his room.

Going downstairs is a bit nerve-racking and Niall feels anxious. He takes a few deep breaths before stepping inside the kitchen and facing Harry again.

They are all sitting around the kitchen table, Aisling drinking milk and both Louis and Harry drinking coffees. None of them are speaking and Niall thinks the silence is a bit tormenting, so he clears his throat.

"Oh there's coffee for you," Louis reacts once he sees his best friend.

Harry doesn't dare to turn around to look at Niall so he keeps staring at his coffee mug, trying his best not to blush. He can't afford looking at Niall, he just got rid of his earlier boner and he knows there's a risk it might come back.

Niall pours some coffee in his mug, checking the time and thinking he has just enough time to empty the cup before he has to leave. He sits down next to his daughter, bending over to kiss her temple.

"Things much better," Aisling says and giggles.

Niall has no idea what she is talking about so he quickly asks her how things are better.

"Daddy darling has clothes now," the little girl informs and Niall blushes heavily, especially when he hears a quiet laugh coming from Louis' direction.

"Yes I eh – I got dressed up," Niall awkwardly tells his daughter.

"Good boy," Aisling comments and pats her father's hand.

"Daddy, my Hazzy is tired today," she then reveals.

"Oh, is he?" Niall asks, taking a sip of his coffee and avoiding to look at Harry who is sitting across the table.

"Yes. Hazzy very tired when saw daddy."

Niall gulps and even though he wants to peek at Harry's direction, he won't let himself do that. Instead he finishes his coffee and stands up, putting the empty mug to the dishwasher.

"I better go now," he mumbles and walks back to Aisling, picking her up and holding her tightly against his chest.

"Bye my darling, have a nice day. I love you," he mumbles while holding Aisling.

"Bye daddy, love you," Aisling happily chirps.

He then places Aisling back on her chair and hugs Louis quickly, telling him to have a great day too.

"Daddy!" Aisling shrieks when Niall is about to step outside the kitchen.

"Yes love?" He asks and turns around.

"Hug me and Loueh but not my Hazzy, you naughty boy! That not okay," Aisling tells with a serious tone and Niall frowns.

"It's okay Aisling," Harry quickly interrupts.

"Not okay, my Hazzy needs hug too," Aisling huffs.

Niall really doesn't have a choice, he is too tired to think of a way to get out of the situation so he chooses the easy way. He walks over to Harry and bends over to hug him. He wraps his arms loosely around Harry's shoulders, feeling Harry's hands on his sides as he kind of hugs Niall back.

It's a bit awkward for both of them, but neither of them still let go immediately. Niall squeezes Harry a bit before pulling away, stroking Harry's curls for a few times before letting go completely.

Harry's eyes meet Niall's and Niall blushes, telling everyone goodbye before walking to the hallway, thinking how awkward the situation was but still, hugging Harry felt really nice, almost like something he needed.

_____________

Hiii lovelies! Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter. I decided it was the time for Harry to get a confirmation that Niall is gay. I also decided to reveal a bit more about Aisling's mother. You'll find out even more on chapter 23!

Question. Can any of you guess what's going on with Aisling's mother Kate or where she could possibly be? I tried to hint towards certain options but it'll take a while before I'm going to reveal the complete story about her. I'm just curious to know what do you guys think!

Dedicated to @Ship_the_Zarry <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2.8K 26
When Niall wakes up from being in a coma for 1 year and doesn't remember a thing. He is met by no one around him. Nurses say his parents left him 7 m...
39.8K 1.9K 31
Niall Horan is looking for love. The only problem is that he's so busy on tour, there's no free moment to have a proper look around. Enter Mina Und...
278K 3.9K 19
Book Five. Just a bunch of Harry Styles one shots as you both get used to dealing with a toddler and a newborn.
670 6 28
After her parents accident, Tiffany Pierce is left to take care of her mother. Her fate changed after meeting a man in a coffee shop. He offers her a...