Hyacinth

By commander_cameloot

Jennie was having a great time at uni. She had great friends, got good grades and she's been going on constan... More

Sneak Peak
A Shift In The Air
A Crossing Of Paths
Heroine By The Lake

Start of Something New

3.6K 125 5
By commander_cameloot

“WAIT JENNIE! You have a boyfriend?!” Lisa was panting when she caught up to Jennie.

“Did I stutter?”

“Uh… hey?” Nayeon fortunately interrupted what was soon to be another argument. Although she looked amused as she looked at the pair who were frowning at each other. ”Lisa, your parents wanted to let you know you guys are gonna go.”

“Well great, you're finally leaving. Best news I've heard all day.” With a whip of her hair that nearly hit Lisa in the face Jennie made her way back to the living room.

Lisa frowned even more at the girl’s retreating back, well if Jennie's gonna be rude, “Your cheeks got even chubbier!” She gave a self satisfied smile when Jennie halted.

“Yeah? Well I can see a bald spot starting to form at the top of your head, must be all that hair dye.” The girl shot back then sassily walked back inside. She didn't see Lisa sticking her tongue out at her, Nayeon slapped Lisa on the arm with a giggle at the display.

Jennie went to say a quick goodbye to the Manobans then made her way to her room without sparing her father a glance.

Back in the garden, Lisa asked Nayeon the question that's been picking at her brain the moment it came out of Jennie's mouth.

“Does she really have a boyfriend?” Nayeon could only sigh at the puppy eyes pointed her way.

“Just this guy she's been going out with for a couple months now. It's nothing serious, really.”

“Oh.” Lisa looked preppy after hearing that.

“I thought you'd know about Kai, don't you stalk her on Twitter and Instagram?”

“Wha- I don't stalk her! I just check up on her every time she comes up on my feed!” Lisa was sputtering as she defended herself.

Suuure…” Nayeon was unconvinced if the way she looked at Lisa was anything to go by.”You follow her on her social media accounts, right?”

Lisa blushed but nodded.

“And she doesn't follow you.”

Lisa looked as red as a tomato now, hands awkwardly placed at her hips as she shyly toed the ground with her white tennis shoes.

“Uh nope. No she doesn't.”

“Oh you poor thing.” Nayeon put her hand in sympathy on Lisa's shoulder as Lisa cringed in embarrassment.

                           © © © © ©

Lisa tentatively knocked on her father's office. They just got back from their visit with the Kims half an hour ago.

“Come in.” Her father's deep voice sounded from the inside and Lisa swallowed nervously but pushed on and opened the door.

Her father's office was large, with lush carpet on the floor and a wide window at the back of Marcus Manoban’s chair allowing the soft orange twilight to fill the room.

She could smell the sharp smell of cigar as it lazily burned in the ashtray on the large mahogany desk.

Lisa slowly sat down on the uncomfortable chair that faced his desk. Her father still hasn't looked up, his large hand flying across the paper as he wrote.

“I wanna talk about my marriage with Jennie Kim, Sir.”

He slowly put his pen down and gave her all his attention, his unwavering stare made her want to start squirming in her place.

“I wanted to know if there's any other way we could settle the dispute without me marrying her.”

“We talked about this, Lisa.”

“Yeah I know, but it's very obvious Jennie doesn't like me, much less wants to marry me. Maybe there's some other way we can settle this with Uncle Jaehyung.”

“And then lose a part of our land? I don't want to risk it, we've already agreed on marriage and that's how we will proceed.”

“But why does this have to be on me? Why do I have to make the sacrifices?”

“Because this land and our business will fall to you when your mother and I are gone.” The frown on his forehead is deeper now.

“But I don't wan-”

“Not this again, child!” His deep bellow reverberated around the room and she deflated in her seat. Scared and speechless, feeling like she's eleven again when she carelessly threw her baseball around and accidentally broke a whole bottle of his most expensive bourbon.

“We all make sacrifices for this land that's been in our family for generations and it is time you do your part, Lisa. I don't wanna hear anymore of your petty grievances, I still have work to do.”

Shoulders hunched, she timidly stood up.

“You mentioned how she doesn't like you.” She heard him say as she was about to open the door. “Then court her, go to her house tomorrow. Pester her if you have to, if that's what you're worried about.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Do not disappoint me, Lalisa.” She nodded as she closed the door. She could feel his heavy stare even through the door.

                             © © © © ©

“Jen?”

Jennie stopped scrolling through her phone as the door opened, her father stepping inside with a soft smile.

“I missed you, baby.” He swept her hair that was covering her forehead to the side as he sat on the right side of her bed.

“Look, I know this situation has been causing you a great deal of stress.”

“Yeah, the thought of my father giving me no choice but to marry someone I don't even love is very stressful indeed.”

He sighed heavily, and for the first time since she came home, Jennie noticed that the wrinkles on his forehead and around his eyes are more pronounced. He looked old and tired.

“Jen, Marcus is a very difficult man to go against. If we really go to court, there's a huge chance it will turn up in his favor. He really might take our land and more.”

Jennie kept herself quiet, arms crossed as she sat on the bed. She thought about how serious this is for her family and for their business.

“Maybe you can marry Lisa for a year. Give me a year and I'll do everything I can to find a loophole and get us out of this situation and get a divorce.”

She looked at her father intently as he held her hand, biting her lip and looking indecisive.

“You promise?”

“Cross my heart.”

She smiled as she sat straight to hug her father, her head resting against his broad and warm shoulder.

“Okay.”

“Thank you, baby.”

                          © © © © ©

Jennie woke up the next day and quickly went downstairs for breakfast. She skipped breakfast last night because she was upset then went to sleep right after her dad's talk with her.

She was in a plain white tee and silk shorts, in the process of tying her bed hair when she heard a familiar obnoxious laugh.

She halted in her steps as she was about to go down the stairs.

No no no no this better not be what I think it is.

Chanting in her head, she rounded the corner towards the kitchen to see Lisa Manoban sitting in her kitchen chatting with her parents and looking like she's been living here for years.

The soft morning light cast a glow on Lisa's head making her hair shine silver and illuminating her wide smile. Jennie's eyes hurt from how bright it was.

The three occupants of the kitchen turned to look at Jennie standing near the wall in her fuzzy pink slippers and messy hair, squinting at them like they murdered her pet.

“What are you doing here?” She sat beside her dad and helped herself to a bowl of fried rice and bacon, all the while looking suspiciously at the girl in front of her.

“I'm gonna take you on a horse riding date!” Was the enthusiastic reply.

“No you're not.”

“Yes, she is.” Jennie looked at her dad with sharp eyes, annoyed at his betrayal.

“Fine.” If possible, Lisa's smile got even brighter. Jennie hated her perfect teeth.

© © © © ©

The sun was beating down on Jennie as she sat atop one of Lisa's horses. Even through her jeans and sweater she can feel the merciless heat of the sun on her skin. She didn't know why Lisa thought it would be a genius idea to take her out horse riding when it was close to noon.

Said genius was merrily whistling beside her as she rode her own horse. A magnificent brown stallion, with Lisa on top in her black ripped jeans and plaid shirt rolled towards her elbows that showed her attractive arms, Lisa and her horse was quite the pair. Looking like a dashing heroine in one of those Hallmark books that her mom loves to read.

Jennie felt shoddy next to Lisa as she sweat through her clothes, unused to the heat of the outdoors. She didn't know her armpits could sweat this much. Her irritation spiked as Lisa shot her a grin.

“Can I go back home now? We've been doing nothing but ride pointlessly under this stupid sun for the past hour.”

“It's only been 15 minutes actually.”

She shot Lisa a scathing glare as she cackled and merrily guided her horse ahead.

© © © © ©

Jennie was still huffing and puffing from the heat under the shade of a giant oak tree. Their horses grazing not far away.

“Should’ve known this would be your idea of fun.”

Lisa was lying on the grass, eyes closed, both hands behind her head and looking as cool as a cucumber that it irritated Jennie just looking at her.

“This is fun. You’re just too much of a city brat now. I remember when you used to love running around under the sun just like the rest of us.”

“Yeah well, people grow up. And the things they like sometimes change, doesn't mean they're suddenly bratty or whatever.”

“Definitely agree with that. But c’mon Jennie, you really are still bratty.”

Lisa had that shit eating grin while looking up at her.

“I like it though, reminds me of that pretty little girl who always stood up against me cos I was a little jerk sometimes.”

The earnest way Lisa was looking at her made Jennie's face heat up for some unknown reason and she resolutely stared ahead into the green fields, biting her lip to keep herself from looking at Lisa's annoyingly perfect face.

“You're cute when you blush. You're almost as red as your bra.”

“How did you know that?!” She whipped her head towards the other girl, face aghast.

“W-Well uh… you were sweating so much earlier and you are wearing a white shirt sooo…”

Lisa felt a hard smack against her stomach that made her wheeze.

“OH COME ON!“

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am so sorry guys, it’s been so long since I last updated 😭

I’m planning to write a collection of Jenlisa one shots full of smut and fluff hehe watch out for that!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 7.2K 30
Lisa got arrested in drug trafficking when she was 19. She was imprisoned for 3 years and her step dad doesn't want to take responsibility to whateve...
769K 22.8K 28
When it comes to the term of success in the business between two influence companies, Lisa and Jennie were forced for an arranged marriage. They at l...
118K 3.8K 10
Jennie never imagined that her life would change in an instant. When her father had a heart attack, they started losing money and properties. She eve...
18.8K 737 20
Jennie Kim found herself in the middle of Rosé and Lisa's wedding. Waiting for her bestfriend, Jisoo to show up and run away with Rosé, who both stil...