Love Will Remember

By journogirrl

When you lose someone or something very precious to you, the grief can be intense. Pain, sad memories and una... More

Author's Note
Desolation
The Dream
Saved by the Beach
The Unanticipated Encounter

Dazzled

68 2 0
By journogirrl

William's Point Of View

I took the small road that led towards the historic town hoping to find a quite bar to hang out at. After walking for a mile, I came across a graveyard. It was getting cloudy and dark. So I decided to enter the chapel. Because my leather jacket would get ruined by rain. Let me rephrase, my 5000$ leather jacket. So I went inside the chapel. It was lit with candles. And as I walked further inside, I saw an angel. I stood there frozen, dazzled by her. I couldn't believe my eyes. She was sitting and praying in the middle of the chapel surrounded by candles. Tears dropped from her eyes. But she kept praying. I wanted to know why she was crying. Am I dreaming? And then she spoke loudly and I realised she wasn't an angel. She was a real person. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Then she said something that made me laugh. She asked me whether I was God. And me, being me started flirting with her. I just couldn't let her go like that. Girls like men who chase them so I ran to her and kissed her. And guess what? She slapped me and pushed me away. And then ran away. She was running away from me like I was a monster. The scared look in her eyes made me question my beliefs about girls. She didn't like it. So much anger in her eyes. I am William Royce, member of The Tube Sensation and heir to Royce industries. Doesn't she know that? No girl has ever refused me. And there she was running away from me. This was a first. I felt a little tingling pain on my right and realised she hit well for a girl.

I took the route back home. I can't tell the guys about her. This is the first time a girl has resisted my charm. How could she resist me? I walked back towards our cottage sulking and saw Harris holding binocular and looking at someone.

"Yo! H!!! Who are you stalking with those?" I called out to him.

He looked a little taken aback.

"No one. Just making sure no crazy fan girls crash our bonfire tonight. Ashton is preparing for the bonfire with Shane in the kitchen. Shane invited his mystery girl and her friends over."

"Good for him. He has never invited any girl over."

"He is not like you, Will. He doesn't like girls for their looks or physical stuff. He likes them for their soul and nature. He likes the serious relationship stuff."

"I know. I know. That's why that bitch Zeddah broke his heart. I don't even understand why he's still moping over her."

Harris turned around, took a deep breath and said, "He loved her. They dated each other since high school. He was in love with her since he can remember. They grew up together. Love like that doesn't just go away overnight."

"Harris, love is a scam. It is unreal. Take my word for it and don't ever fall in love."

"I think it might be too late for that." Harris said while looking at his binoculars.
"What do you mean? Are you in love? And with whom?"

"I am not sure. I don't know who she is."

I can't believe this. Harris never likes girls. He's so uptight. He is liking someone? What is with this place!? Everyone is like falling in love.

He points at my face and says "What happened to your face, Will?

"Nothing. I just tripped due to the slippery road. Let's just go and help the guys. We need to get ready for the bonfire too."

Harris took one last look at someone from his binoculars and said, "Yeah, let's do that."
And we walked towards the kitchen.

Katherine's Point Of View

"He was such a jerk, I tell you. He kissed me!! Me!! I just wanna kill him."

Jade and Chris were listening to me whine about what happened today.

Jade(laughing): At least someone kissed you.

Lissa and Shelby just entered the room from their shopping trip.

Shelby: Who kissed whom? Katherine Summers, you naughty girl! You've been kissing Shane and haven't even told us?

Chris: She didn't kiss Shane. She kissed a total random stranger. I don't get it. What is wrong with you, woman?

Me: I don't understand why are you mad at me, Chris. You out of all people should not be the one to get mad, when you practically kiss whoever you like and I don't judge. Even when you have Jessica for a girlfriend. And I told you he kissed me.

He shot an angry look at me. Jessica Rudder is his girlfriend since last month. We all hate her except Chris. She's is such a b***h and gives crap to everyone. She's mean and rude to all of us, specially me because me, Chris and rest of us are like family. And nobody likes her. Like not even Chris' mom.

I told Lissa and Shelby what happened and they both agreed with me and scolded Chris.

Jade: Let's get ready for Shane's bonfire. It won't make a good impression if we teach there late.

Me: Yes, Shane told me we would be camping at the beach. Take your night dresses as we. And Chris, he wants your hot cocoa recipe.

Chris: Yeah! Alright.

I turned around to leave.

"I am sorry, Kay. I over reacted. It's just that I think you're being a little reckless now a days. I just get worried about you.

"I know, Chris. But I am fine. I swear. I am just trying to relax and get into life again."

We just kept looking at each other for a while and then started laughing. All was forgiven. That's the beauty of friendship. We all understand each other. Chris is very protective of me, Lissa, Shelby and even Jade. And sometimes, he gets overboard protecting us. I still remember how he punched a guy when that guy tried to stalk Lissa or when he almost killed the person who tried to get all over Shelby at senior prom.

I went to my room to get ready. Lissa was already dressed up.
"Who was he?"

"Liss, I don't know. But his voice was like... like..."

"Why do you torture yourself by taking that jerk's name? It's a good thing he never showed us his face or I would have killed him."

"Leave it. I am happy now."

"Amy is back from Barbados. She's reaching here in half hour. Until then you should get ready. I don't wanna keep Hottie waiting."

"That's great! So that's Shane's nickname now? I think he'll like it, Liss. I was thinking maybe 'Mister doesnt own a shirt' would suit him too."

And we both laughed. Then I went into the shower to get ready.

I came back from the shower to see that Amy Bradley, Jade's best friend was sitting downstairs with the group. I gave her a quick hug and she told us all about her trip to Barbados.

Then it was time for us to leave for Shane's pool house. I took my back pack and locked the cottage. And we stepped out into the night, hoping it would be a night to remember.

William's Point Of View

I went into the shower but could not stop thinking about her. I need to know her. Who is she? And how do I find her again? I kept thinking as hot water mulled over me. Her voice reminded me of someone I used to know years ago. But that cannot be possible. I got out of the shower and got ready and went downstairs to help the guys in setting up tents.

Shane's Point Of View

I was setting up the tents on the beach when Katherine and her friends arrived for the bonfire. It was getting a little chilly on the beach.

Shelby: Hey handsome!

Kate: Hello!

Shane: Hey guys! Welcome to our beach casa!

Chris: Hey bro! Cool place. It's huge and I see you have a pool and air hockey too. Sweet!

Lissa: Thank you for inviting us Shane. It was really nice of you.
Jade: Yes, it was.

Shane: I want you guys to meet the other members of my group.
I called the guys outside and introduced them to Kate and her friends.

Me(pointing towards Kate): This is Kate, She's the one I was telling you about. And these are her friends.

Ashton: Oh, so she's the mystery girl. Now I know why you were talking about her all the time. She's lovely.
He grabbed Kate's hand and kissed it.
The ever charming Ashton, always being a gentleman.
Harris looked quite taken aback after I introduced him to all the girls.

Kate: It was nice to meet you, Harris.

Lissa: Yes, I've seen you near the beach a couple of times. Do you surf?

Harris: Yeah, I do. And Katherine, thank you for helping out my brother.

Kate: Call me Kate or Katy. And I just helped a person in need. No big deal. He's a friend now.

I wanted to spend some time alone with Katherine. I wanted to know why she fake smiles and what's hidden in those big brown eyes.
So I let the others get settle down and asked Kate to accompany me outside to have a look at the tents.

We sat near the water which was so quiet and peaceful. The waves were touching our feet and it sounded like music. The bonfire was burning and I was lost, so immersed in talking to Kate. I wasn't really listening to her. I just kept looking at her face and watching her laugh and smile on my pathetic jokes. She told me about herself and I told her about me. She was so genuine, unlike the girls I usually meet. She had pain in her eyes and I could feel it when she looked at the water.

I took her by the hand and we ran towards the water. It was dark but still, it was most amazing feeling ever. We returned near the tents after being fully drenched.

I took her by the hand and we walked home just like that. I wanted to know what was going on in her mind. She just kept looking down and blushing. What was it in her that was drawing me towards her do much? I swore I would never go for a girl again after Zeddah broke my heart. With Kate, I felt the pain numbing and healing.

As we reached the house, without thinking, without worrying about the consequences, I impulsively tried kissed her. It was stupidity. I just went with the flow. But why wasn't she pushing me away? She just shook her head saying "No, Shane." I looked at her. She was looking down and her face was red. She was blushing. Does this mean she likes me too?
She looked up and there was this blazing fire in her eyes.
She smiled and said, "This can never happen again, you know. I'm not the kind of girl who kisses guys just like that."
Her gaze was a little stern.

I was surprised at her reaction.
"I apologise. That was stupid. I just did it without thinking. Sorry! I've just gotten out of a break up. I..."

She cut me off in the middle of the sentence.

"I understand, Shane. Don't worry about it. At least it wasn't a creep kissing me this time.

We entered the house.

Me: Where's Will, guys? He's running late.
He's gonna be a little late. He needs to edit a few videos.

Someone came down from the stairs.
Will: Take the name of the devil.

Katherine looked at him in disgust and he looked in shock when he saw her.

Kate: What the hell are you doing here?

Will: Well, I can ask you the same thing, considering I live here.

Kate: Shane, this is the creep who kissed me today at the church.

I felt anger rising in my chest. Will cannot screw this thing I've been feeling for Kate since I've met her.

Will: Creep!? And me? What were you doing all alone in a closed church then? Looking for spiritual peace? Shane, she asked for it. Showing attitude and refusing me so I can come after her. And then when I kissed her, she slapped me and...

Before Will could finish another sentence, he was slapped right in the face by someone. I turned to see who it was. He was slapped by my new friend and Kate's best friend, Lissa.
My jaw dropped and he looked stunned to see Lissa.

Lissa: This is exactly what you deserve William Royce.

I heard a door slamming and turned to see Kate running away from the rest of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 6K 27
Regin was abused by her pack her whole life, what happens when she finds her mate but gets rejected? Well, she runs away, only to return a few years...
1.2K 110 45
She's always been good. He's always gotten into trouble. Her parents wanted her to end up with a guy from the church. His parents aren't around. She...
847 40 17
what happens when your life suddenly takes a wrong turn ? what happens when you find out the people you love the most are not in your life anymore...
570 36 32
Ripped away from the one person who ever truly cared about her, Katherine soon discovers how cruel the world could be. Katherine thought the idea of...