The Apocalypse (The Walking D...

By worldwide22

Kylie Grimes is the 17 year old daughter of Rick and Lori Grimes and the older sister of Carl Grimes. Rick... More

Part One
Cast
Prolouge
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
*New Book*
*New Book*
Older Than I Am

ONE

3.5K 28 1
By worldwide22

Lori, Kylie and Amy sort out mushrooms that they have collected.

"Any luck?"  Lori asks her daughter and Amy.

"How do we tell if they're poison?"  Amy asks her as they look at the mushrooms.

"Uh, there's only one sure way I know of."

"Ask Shane when he gets back?"  Amy asks and Kylie rolls her eyes at the mention of Shane's name. Kylie didn't care for Shane for multiple reasons.

"Yeah, you've got it. Thank you." She gets up and grabs the bucket in the process.

"Dale, I'm heading out. Hey kids, I want you to stay where Dale can see you, okay?" Lori tells Kylie and Carl.

"Yes, mom." Carl says and Kylie just rolls her eyes as Carl goes back to playing and Kylie goes back to talking to Amy. Kylie wasn't to happy with her mom right now. Kylie knew that her mom was sleeping with Shane and Kylie wasn't too happy about it and she knew that's where she was going right now.

"You too. Don't wander too far. Stay within shouting distance. And if you see anything, holler. I'll come running."

"Yes, mom." She goes into the woods to pick some more food for the camp. While she is in the woods, leaves rustle. Bird wings flap, branch snaps. She starts to think that someone is following her. She worries that it is one of the Walkers and starts to look around. Suddenly, a hand reaches around her mouth and she is dragged back.

"Shh shh shh shh shh shh shh."

"You scared the hell out of me." Lori laughs at him.

"I bet. That's what you get for keeping me waiting. I was trying to be quiet. Where you been?"

"Amy the mushroom queen... I had to wait for her to get back."  They start kissing.

"How much time do we have?"

"Enough." The two are in the moment and proceed to make love. While undressing, they see Lori still has Rick's ring around her neck on a necklace. She takes it off and holds onto it in the grass while they proceed.

"Come here."

"Okay."

——————————
Tank In Atlanta
Rick is still sitting in the tank when the voice is heard on the radio again.

"Hey, are you alive in there?"

"Hello? Hello?"

"There you are. You had me wondering."

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see me right now?"

"Yeah, I can see you. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news."

"There's good news?"

"No."

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here."

"Oh man. You should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freak-out."

"Got any advice for me?"

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it."

"That's it? "Make a run for it"?"

"My way's not as dumb as it sounds. You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far?"

"So far."

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?"

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?"

"Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option. What do you have on you?"

"Hang on." Rick has the Beretta 92FS that he took off of the Soldier, but it only has one clip. He also finds a grenade, but he clips it onto his belt and doesn't tell the man about it.

"Yeah. Yeah. I've got a Beretta with one clip, 15 rounds."

"Make 'em count. Jump off the right side of the tank, keep going in that direction. There's an alley up the street, maybe 50 yards. Be there."

"Hey, what's your name?"

"Have you been listening? You're running out of time."

"Right." Rick makes his break after grabbing a metal shard in the tank. He opens the top and whacks the Walker on the tank with the metal shard, slicing its face wide open. Street He runs down the street, firing at any Walker in his way, killing 8 of them. He comes across the man whose been talking to him.

"Whoa! Not dead! Come on! Come on! Back here! Come on! Come on!" The two proceed to run down the alley and start climbing up a ladder.

"What are you doing?! Come on! " Rick climbs up the ladder.

"Come on, get up." Both pant.

"Nice moves there, Clint Eastwood. You the new sheriff come riding in to clean up the town?" Glenn says that he hopes that Rick would do the same for him one day.

"It wasn't my intention."

"Yeah, whatever. Yeehaw. You're still a dumbass."

"Rick. Thanks."

"Glenn. You're welcome. Oh no. The bright side: It'll be the fall that kills us. I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy." The two climb up the ladder that leads to the top of a store that Glenn is camping out at.

"Are you the one that barricaded the alley?"

"Somebody did... I guess when the city got overrun. Whoever did it was thinking not many geeks would get through."

"Back at the tank, why'd you stick your neck out for me?"

"Call it foolish, naive hope that if I'm ever that far up sh*t creek, somebody might do the same for me. Guess I'm an even bigger dumbass than you."  Glenn takes another ladder and goes down, following by Rick. It leads to the building.

————————
Outside
Glenn takes out a walkie-talkie.

"I'm back. Got a guest plus four geeks in the alley."  The two go down another staircase to a door where two Walkers appear. Two men, Morales and T-Dog, come out with protective gear and baseball bats. They each go after one of the Walkers and bash their brains in.

"Let's go!"  Rick and Glenn make their way into the store.

"Morales, let's go!"  T-Dog and Morales follow after they finish the Walkers. Building They get inside where two more survivors, Jacqui and Andrea are also taking cover. Rick immediately has a gun pointed in his face by Andrea.

"You son of a bitch. We ought to kill you."

"Just chill out, Andrea. Back off."

"Come on, ease up."

"Ease up? You're kidding me, right? We're dead because of this stupid asshole."

"Andrea, I said back the hell off. Well, pull the trigger."

"We're dead... All of us... Because of you."

"I don't understand."

"Look, we came into the city to scavenge supplies. You know what the key to scavenging is? Surviving! You know the key to surviving? Sneaking in and out, tiptoeing. Not shooting up the streets like it's the O.K. Corral."

"Every geek for miles around heard you popping off rounds."

"You just rang the dinner bell."

"Get the picture now?" They see the zombies growling and trying to get into the store. A few Walkers is attempting to smash through the double set of doors to get to them.

"Oh God. What the hell were you doing out there anyway?"

"Trying to flag the helicopter."

"Helicopter? Man, that's crap. Ain't no damn helicopter."

"You were chasing a hallucination, imagining things. It happens."

"I saw it."

"Hey, T-Dog, try that C.B. Can you contact the others?"

"Others? The refugee center?"

"Yeah, the refugee center. They've got biscuits waiting at the oven for us." T-Dog tries to get in contact with some other survivors but get no signal.

"Got no signal. Maybe the roof." Above, on the roof, they hear a gun firing.

"Oh no. Is that Dixon?"

"What is that maniac doing?"

"Come on, let's go." The group runs up to the roof. On the roof Merle Dixon is shooting at several of the Walkers on the street below with a sniper rifle, killing some of them.

"Hey, Dixon, are you crazy?!" Dixon laughs and continues shooting.

"Oh jeez."

"Hey! Y'all be more polite to a man with a gun! Huh? Ah! Only common sense."

"Man, you wasting bullets we ain't even got!" Merle continues laughing.

"And you're bringing even more of them down on our ass! Man, just chill."

"Hey! Bad enough I've got this taco-bender on my ass all day. Now I'm gonna take orders from you? I don't think so, bro. That'll be the day."

"That'll be the day"?" T-Dog repeating what Merle said. "You got something you want to tell me?"

"Hey, T-Dog man, just leave it."

"No."

"All right? It ain't worth it. Now Merle, just relax, okay? We've got enough trouble."

"You want to know the day?"

"Yeah."

"I'll tell you the day, Mr. "Yo." It's the day I take orders from a n*****."

"Mother..." Merle and T-Dog start to fight.

"Hey, come on, Merle. That's enough."

"Come on. Dixon!"

"Whoa, cut it out, man!"

"Stop it! Dixon, get off him! Dixon, you're gonna hurt him."

"Merle, cut it out!" Merle is beating T-Dog to a pulp and then holds a pistol on him.

"No no no, please. Please." Everybody waits to see what Dixon is gonna do.

"Yeah! All right! We're gonna have ourselves a little powwow, huh? Talk about who's in charge. I vote me. Anybody else? Huh? Democracy time, y'all. Show of hands, huh? All in favor? Huh? Come on. Let's see 'em. Oh, come on. All in favor? Yeah. That's good. Now that means I'm the boss, right? Yeah. Anybody else? Hmm? Anybody?"

"Yeah." At this time, Rick hits Merle over the head with a pipe. He proceeds to handcuff Merle to a pipe.

"Who the hell are you, man?!"

"Officer friendly. Look here, Merle. Things are different now. There are no niggers anymore. No dumb-as-shit, inbred white-trash fools either. Only dark meat and white meat. There's us and the dead. We survive this by pulling together, not apart."

"Screw you, man."

"I can see you make a habit of missing the point."

"Yeah? Well, screw you twice."

"Ought to be polite to a man with a gun." Rick then cocks his gun.

"Only common sense."

"You wouldn't. You're a cop."

"All I am anymore is a man looking for his wife and kids. Anybody that gets in the way of that is gonna lose. I'll give you a moment to think about that. Got some on your nose there."

"What are you gonna do? Arrest me?" Dixon laughs as Rick throws the drugs out.

"Hey! What are you doing? Man, that was my stuff! Hey! If I get loose, you'd better pray... Yeah, you hear me, you pig?! You hear me?!"

"Yeah, your voice carries."

"Do you hear me, you filthy pig?!"

"You're not Atlanta P.D. Where you from?"

"Up the road a ways."

"Well, officer friendly from up the road a ways, welcome to the big city."

——————————
Roof Later
"They're still watching the Walkers in the street."

"My God, it's like Times Square down there."

"How's that signal?"

"Like Dixon's brain... Weak."

"Keep trying."

"Why? There's nothing they can do. Not a damn thing."

"Got some people outside the city is all. There's no refugee center. That's a pipe dream."

"Then she's right. We're on our own. It's up to us to find a way out."

"Good luck with that. These streets ain't safe in this part of town from what I hear. Ain't that right, sugar tits? Hey, honeybunch, what say you get me out of these cuffs, we go off somewhere and bump some uglies? Gonna die anyway."

"I'd rather."

"Rub muncher. I figured as much."

"The streets ain't safe. Now there's an understatement."

"What about under the streets? The sewers?"

"Oh man. Hey, Glenn, check the alley. You see any manhole covers?"  Glenn checks but sees only some Walkers.

"No, must be all out on the street where the geeks are."

"Maybe not. Old building like this built in the '20s... Big structures often had drainage tunnels into the sewers in case of flooding down in the subbasements."

"How do you know that?"

"It's my job... was. I worked in the city zoning office."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.7K 72
" Children shouldn't play with guns." " Who said I was playing ?" Maya Rosewood was twelve years old when the turn happen. Dead rose to eat the livi...
1.6K 39 6
The zombie Apocolypse could not have come at a worse time for the Grimes/Dixon family. by geekygirl699 on ao3
308K 7.3K 117
Savannah born CJ Jefferson, 33 years of age when the dead rose and the living began to fall. Her father, a former corporal in the army, raised his 2...
18.1K 1.1K 14
Bowie Dixon is the nine year old daughter of Daryl Dixon, and yet his complete opposite. She's a sweet girl, just looking for someone to guide her to...