Cold Hands [ Elsamaren ]

By BechloeSendrick05

"Your hands are cold." Honeymaren whispered with a giggle, snuggling into Elsa's shoulder. "Wait, really? I'm... More

1 - Lakes and Beaches
2 - (Un)wanted Feelings
3 - Discoveries
4 - Dandelions
5 - Christmas Day
6 - Sun Sets and Paradise
7 - Attack Plan
8 - Man She Once Met
9 - Eyes of Anger
10 - The Forbidden Element
11 - Dark Travels
12 - Castle
14 - Panic Room
15 - Set Free
16 - Arendelle
17 - Last-Minute Guffaws
18 - Silent Kingdoms
19 - Howls in the Wind
20 - Fallen Soldiers (Part 1)
21 - Fallen Soldiers (Part 2)

13 - Grandfather

2.1K 52 105
By BechloeSendrick05

A/N, every time I write something horny for you people I low key feel awkward about it so djhglahsg laiyniesfrozenheart YOU GOT YOUR DAILY GAY NOW BE PREPARED FOR DRAMA. BTW ILY HERES A PRESENT. ALSO, GO CHECK OUT LAIYNIE SHE HAS GREAT STORIES AND SHE'S ALSO ON AO3. ALSO IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH DKJGHADKLGHJ

Sun had barely grazed over the landscape when Honeymaren's peaceful sleep was harshly interrupted. A loud knocking on the balcony door startled her, making her jolt straight up under her blankets.

Rubbing her eyes, the brunette realised Elsa was no longer in her arms. "Snowflake?" She whispered tiredly with a yawn, stretching out her limbs. Today was a big today, one of the biggest of their lives, even, Honeymaren just knew that subconsciously.

"Hello? If anyone's out there, Queen Anna has ordered us all to wake early. We must head for the mountains at once." It seemed one of Arendelle's guards had awoken to convey a message to everyone.

Honeymaren pondered for a moment and guessed she would most likely find her girlfriend somewhere in the castle with Anna. The two were inseparable sisters, after all.

The landscape of darkness had seemed to had spread faster than a virus overnight. Trees were hunched over and drained like sultanas and even the normal wildlife seemed to have dulled, their usual morning cries now a quiet whisper.

"Hey, Maren!" A voice called out to Honeymaren as soon as she had reached the top of the glistening ice stairs. The brunette was still desperately trying to tug her arm through one of the sleeves of her fur jacket arms.

Through the almost clear glaze walls, Honeymaren could spot her brother sitting on the edge of the frozen fountain. The taller boy waved her over excitedly, his usual chirpy grin plastered on his dark face.

As Maren scurried down the perfectly sculpted stairs, she only began to truly realise how crowded the castle was. Some people were even camping on the bottom of the staircase, not preferring to be cramped between dozens of people

With one last heave, squeezing in between two older teenage Northuldran people that didn't even seem to notice her, Honeymaren made it to her brother.

"Hey, big bro! How're you doing?" The tan girl asked curiously, concern shining through in her tone. It seemed Ryder would be able to walk without crutches during the day for a period of time, even though dozens of his bruises were still visible and healing.

"Maren, I have just been taking it day by day, and honestly I have just been appreciating how amazing this castle looks and just how nature looks, even though the mountains are infected. I'm just studying every little thing about the world just in case bad things happen today."

"What kind of bad things?" Honeymaren held an almost pout at Ryder's comment, his words concerned her.

"I don't know, just... casualties."

Ryder did not need to explain into any more detail, as Honeymaren began to realise what he truly meant.

"None of us are dying today, reindeer boy. We have a kind-hearted queen and beautifully-powered spirit leading us to victory, we will be completely fine." Honeymaren tried to reassure her older brother, looking down at him as he sat, putting her hand delicately on his shoulder.

A sudden commotion caused the two siblings to turn around, only to find Elsa and Anna walking towards the direction of the stairs. They were about to announce something.

"Look! There's your hot girlfriend." Ryder exclaimed plainly with a goofy smile on his face, speaking up and pointing towards Elsa's direction.

"Hey! She's not my girl- ugh! Is it that obvious?" Honeymaren whined like a small child, slouching her shoulders in defeat.

Ryder hissed in a breath and slowly nodded his head up and down in a teasing manner, "Sadly, yes. You two practically look at each other like lovesick puppies, it's gross." The taller boy faked a gag, pinching his nose with his fingers.

Honeymaren rolled her eyes and turned back to look at Elsa. She could see even from a distance that the blonde was visibly tense and nervous. After the recent breakdown Elsa had, it seemed the spirit became more nervous and embarrassed to do public speaking.

But this time, the blonde was going to speak, and she was going to speak loud. She was going to make sure her message got through to everyone, and that everyone put everything they had into that day.

"Everyone, quiet down please," Kristoff yelled a little too loudly, awkwardly retreating next to Anna after speaking.

"Thank you, Kristoff," Anna began, kissing her husband on the cheek, "Everyone, today I want you all to know that what we are about to face is dangerous. What we are about to do is life-threatening and for each and every one of you to still stand up to volunteer for this is incredible. I, personally, from the bottom of my heart, wholeheartedly thank all of you. Every single person. You are all heroes, you are all warriors, you are all family."

The crowd cheered at Anna's speech. They were still adjusting to the new queen, her coronation only being a few months prior, but the townspeople were delighted to have her as their ruler. Her goofy smile made everyone, even in the darkest hour, feel that slight piece of hope that pushes people over the finish line in races, and past their limits to test themselves.

"Now, as Anna said, this mission is incredibly dangerous, incredibly long and incredibly tiring. However, we do have a plan," Elsa began, her soft but serious tone booming throughout the castle walls, "And that plan is for our two groups to come from the most north side and from the most south side. My group, led by also Honeymaren, a noble Northuldran warrior and... a friend of mine, will be coming from the south side. That is the front entrance. From outside intel, we have also been informed of a very tiny and risky back entrance. This is where Anna and Kristoff's side comes in on the most north side, by the cliffs."

As Elsa pause to breathe and look around at the crowded castle, she locked eyes with Honeymaren from across the room for the briefest of seconds. It may have been barely even a look, but it was enough for both of their hearts to erupt with reassurance and love.

"Now, I wanna know this, who is ready to ride out and protect the land?" The Fifth Spirit's voice raised slightly as her confidence grew for every word she spoke. A plethora of praises, cheers and agreements echoed through the blonde's ears as her nerves of public embarrassment settled.

"Then let us go, I'll be calling the water nokk," Elsa muttered to herself, smirking. With one ripping motion, her hair tie was sent flying to the floor, letting her hair run freely. Then, with a small flick of her left wrist, her once comfy winter clothes were replaced with the ones of Ahtohallan. This was a warrior spirit's outfit.

------

It was cold, dark and damp. Every step felt exaggerated, tiring and relentless. The silence did not help either, it was almost deafening to not hear any noise at all.

The wall that stood before them was at least ten metres tall, carefully hidden away as a part of the cliffside by the mountains. The mould that crawled all over the stone wept into their noses as the hanging vines swung lifelessly in the dead wind.

The was only one problem, however, there was seemingly no entrance to inside the vile place.

"Elsa, what now?" Mattias questioned from behind her, awkwardly scratching at his beard nervously. It had become a habit of his to scratch his stubble.

The blonde's eyes furrowed out of confusion at the seemingly blank wall. 

"Well, the vines are too thin and old to climb and the stones are very dangerous...." Before the Fifth Spirit could get another word in, as soon as her fingertips mindlessly touched the stones, a bright glow emerged from them unexpectedly. They all moved in one motion, creating a large arch doorway.

"Well, I guess that works, too." The snow queen half-heartedly muttered to herself, shaking her head in amusement, gripping tightly at the solid water reins of the water spirit.

When the glowing stopped, an eery silence overcame the group. Elsa only prayed that Anna also made it through.

"Are you sure it is wise to go first, my lady?" A guard asked nervously behind the blonde. He seemed concerned for the spirit.

"I'll be okay, Henry, thank you for your concern." The Fifth Spirit plainly responded, already striding cautiously inside of the walls.

It seemed the front entrance was attached to the inside of a cave and the ending of the hallway lead to a large open area of space. It seemed too.... spacious and quiet.

"Everyone, be on guard," Honeymaren commanded from beside Elsa. She had attached a few extra layers of thick leather to her outfit for protection on the way there, and the tan girl couldn't lie, even she herself knew it looked attractive.

"H-Hello?" A weak voice called out from inside the darkness around them. Mattias shakily lit a torch, illuminating the walls around them, only to reveal small prison-like cages.

"Who's there?" Elsa commanded, raising her right hand slightly, ready to defend herself.

"P-Please help, help all of us!" Murmurs began to come from each of the cages. Elsa turned to the right, in the direction of the louder voice. The closer she rode over to the cages, the more she realised just how tiny they were.

There were trolls inside of them, trapped like birds.

"Trolls? What're they doing here?" Elsa asked herself quietly, furrowing her brow in confusion.

"H-He's gone mad. Mad I say, very mad!" The blonde girl found the owner of the voice that called out to her. It seemed this troll was merely a child, between a toddler and teenager.

"What you mean he's gone mad?" Elsa queried with a slightly tilted head, her hands loosely letting go of her water horse's reins.

"He experimented with dark spirits, he w-went to far! He accepted an offer and he went mad! Get out of here while you still can, he'll be going after you, Queen Elsa!" The child began sobbing quietly, putting their head in their stone hands. It seemed to be a boy, his wide, but small green eyes shone brightly under the torchlight.

"Hey, don't worry about me. I'll be making sure you get out of here safely and whoever this mystery person is, is taken care of." Elsa's soft tone seemed to reassure the boy troll enough to stop crying, the occasional hiccup still projecting from his mouth.

Honeymaren threw Elsa a concerned glance from beside her. Who would be after her girlfriend so eagerly?

"T-Thank you, you are all heroes."

With that, they all set off down the rest of the cave. It seemed this cave would have once been a sleeping type of area, but was twisted in an evil prison.

What awaited the army outside was dark, menacing trees that towered over them like monsters towering over the beds of little kids.

In the middle of the grass courtyard was a singular building. It looked recently built and was on the smaller side. It reminded Elsa of a church.

The Fifth Spirit slipped off the water nokk, slowly creeping towards the church-like structure. She glanced to the right to see Anna's group arriving through the back entrance, next to the gaping cliffside. It was a dangerous route to enter in, but it seemed to of worked.

"All this stealth seems pointless now, it's weird no one is... out here," Honeymaren explained to herself with a confused hum.

Elsa nodded in agreement, raising her voice slightly to get her point across the small crowd.

"Everyone, be on guard, Honeymaren and I will be checking out this building. If were are not out soon, I suggest coming after us, just in case." The blonde explained, giving a slight nod to Mattias. The man seemed to of understood and nodded back, concern and dedication shining in his old, tired eyes.

With a slight gulp, Honeymaren pushed open the large, gaping doors with a slight push, leaving a small enough gap for her and Elsa to slip through. The tanned girl gripped her spear tightly with her small, thin fingers, feeling an uncertain feeling in her stomach. 

Very few torches hung on the wooden, rotted walls. The aura illuminated a dark, gloomy and dusted feeling. Large, stained glass windows accompanied the old building. A sudden wave of sadness seemed to wash over the two girls.

That wave only grew as they saw what was at the end of the room. Past the church pews, right in front of where the altar was, sat a singular throne. Next to that throne were two small, elderly trolls on either side of it. Their short, freckled legs were chained together and to a nearby wall, to make sure they couldn't escape, and their aching feet were covered in all types of dirt imaginable.

"I see you had the audacity to join us."

Elsa flinched at the voice. It sounded almost familiar to her, it sounded dark, like a monster of pure evil, a voice that was once pure. It was like she had heard it in her dreams.

The blonde spirit protectively jumped out in front of Honeymaren, holding up her hands strategically, mist already coming out from her fingertips.

"Who are you?" Elsa hissed, impatiently awaiting an answer.

"Hmm, impatient are we? Well, it is not about who I am, it is more like... what I am. I was once a mere single being, but I found power. I found peace. I found... the spirit."

The hunched figure on the throne leaned forward into the light. Their eyes were a glowing purple, steam emitting and leaking from their pupils. The once green fabric this man wore, was torn and black around the edges. Their grey skin, now stained red, purple and an ash grey.

It was Pabbie. Grandfather Pabbie.

"You know, in the beginning, I was so proud of you, Elsa. You accomplished so much, even when I banished you for more than ten years, to hide and be ashamed of your powers. When you became the Fifth Spirit, I was thrilled, but then I came to discover one day there was another, the Sixth Spirit," Pabbie hopped off of the large royal chair, grabbing his walking stick, roaming around the place and nearing towards them,  "This being had been locked away, even the Devil did not want this entity. But I did, for a price. I was willing to do anything to study and learn everything I could. However, in the end, I realised I could be much more powerful than anybody in this world, for the right price. For example, a soul for a soul. My soul has already merged and become one with it, but I must sacrifice another for true dominance. How lucky am I that you're here?"

A smirk slowly appeared across Pabbie's face as Elsa's terrified expression began to only worsen as she realised what was happening.

With all of her strength, the blonde girl threw her arm forward, sending an incredible blast of ice merely inches away from Honeymaren's face, who had seemed to of absentmindedly wondered a few metres away from her. At the same time, Pabbie troll reached inside his cloak and sent a large violet beam towards Honeymaren. It seemed Elsa's ice struggled against this power, barely lasting against a mere drop of it.

"Honey, RUN!" Elsa screamed, blasting shoots of ice in Pabbie's direction, being careful to not hit the enslaved trolls. The tanned girl reluctantly looked at her girlfriend.

"I'm not leaving until you do!"

Elsa annoyingly rolled her eyes at her partner. "If we weren't about to be demolished by this power right now, I probably would have said that was adorable!" 

When Pabbie ran out of energy for merely a second or two, Elsa saw a chance. It was slim, but still a chance. Pabbie's head then began to jerk psychotically, being thrown back in forth. His legs hovered above the ground as more power began rushing through him. It seemed he was only getting started.

"NOW CAN WE RUN?"

Honeymaren nodded aggressively in agreement, pure fear in her eyes. She rarely got scared. "Yes!"

It felt like time itself was stopping as they ran, Elsa's legs strode out so long that you would think she were a spider.

Each metre they took felt like a hundred miles. So when they finally did reach the heavenly gate that hovered over them like ghosts, they could barely even see or think straight.

Elsa's hand desperately gripped onto the handle of the wooden door, but before she could yank it open with force, an ear-piercing scream filled her aching cochlea.

"ELSA! SHIT, HELP ME!" The blonde frantically turned around to see Honeymaren being taken away by strange floating monsters. They reminded her of ghouls, however, these ghouls had no legs and just floated menacingly in the air like ghosts. They were the same colour as Pabbie's eyes. One of them had grabbed her love, and she was pissed.

"MAREN! HOLD ON!" Elsa's voice cracked as she frantically screamed, shooting ice at the now smirking creature. 

"Give. Her. BACK." She commanded. The blonde's chest was puffing up and down wildly.

"She's mine now, child. You'll have to come to me, to get her." Pabbie's voice boomed, as his powerful laugh, that once sounded innocent, now cracking with evil echoed throughout the building. He was escaping out of the back entrance.

A large bang sound interrupted Elsa's stuck thoughts, as Mattias and a few others, including Anna and Kristoff, barged into the room with concern.

"E-Elsa? Are you okay? We heard screams." Anna's soft voice shook nervously as she saw the panic in her sister's eyes.

A sudden feeling of terror overcame Elsa. She felt as if something was clawing inside of her. Her hands began to shake as she held back on randomly shooting piles of ice at her friends and family.

"I-I don't-" The blonde couldn't even comprehend a sentence, the familiar voice was back again.

'You're nothing Elsa. You couldn't even save her. Let the darkness consume you, its been a long time in the making.'

"Elsa?" Anna's concern grew by the second as she carefully placed a hand on Elsa's shoulder, shaking it lightly.

The blonde girl began to breathe heavily out of her mouth. "L-Let go of me, please! Some-something is happening to me! GET OUT OF MY HEAD. I KNEW THESE VOICES WEREN'T NORMAL!"

Anna flinched back, looking hurt but still concerned for her sister. She had been seeing voices? Why wasn't she informed?

'Elsa, let go. You have all this anger, LET IT OUT!'

The blonde girl took a final breath in and frantically shook her head. "N-no! I refuse to be- I can't! I just-" But by then it was too late.

The blonde girl screamed loudly in pain, she screeched so loud that even the evilest of people would be scared. This wasn't Elsa anymore.

"E-Elsa? N-NO!" Anna yelled, being held back by Kristoff. The blond boy knew something was about to happen, and cautiously stepped away.

After a few seconds of silence, a tiny giggle erupted from the Fifth Spirit's throat. "This isn't Elsa anymore. I AM SICK OF ALL THIS PAIN!" Her eyes were a bright purple.

As Anna was dragged away, for the first time in a while, she once again felt numb. So numb to a point where even the memory of thinking Elsa was dead was nothing compared to this.

And as the redhead saw her own sister shooking ice violently in every direction, she knew one thing, and that was that she needed to lure Elsa away from the commotion and to Honeymaren. Maybe she and Honeymaren could get her back, just maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 765 11
Once Elsa's ice powers are finally accepted by the people of Arendelle, Anna and Elsa are finally able to live a 'normal' lifestyle. The gates remain...
7K 259 35
When she finally pulls away, she mumbles something, but I don't quite catch it. "What?" I ask. "I love you too." she whispers. Elsa has thawed Are...
80.6K 3.2K 19
ᯐ π…π‘πˆπ†πˆπƒ ( π™΅πšπ™Ύπš‰π™΄π™½: 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 𝟸) ─────────────────── ❝ 𝐂𝐀𝐍 π˜πŽπ” 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 π’π“πŽπ ππ”π“π“πˆππ† π˜πŽπ”π‘π’π„π‹π… 𝐈𝐍 π‡π€π‘πŒπ’...
172K 4.7K 18
King Agnarr and Queen Iduna send out guards to get someone who can help their daughter, Elsa, control her powers. The guards search Arendelle, and ev...