Jake Peralta ||one shots

Da vcdbtch

random shorts between Jake and the reader, ranging from happy to sad, also I did just begin a new story but i... Altro

Transfer
Officer down
PTSD
Sweetwater river
Active shooter
The dancer
A new detective
Ex's and o's
Reunited

Secret shame

7.5K 155 46
Da vcdbtch

TRIGGER WARNING. I don't know if this is triggering or not but just a warning.

Y/N smiled as she walked through the bullpen to see Jake and Charles attempting to throw popcorn into eachother mouths but miss their target entirely. By the time she got to her desk there was popcorn all over the floor and desks but it didn't look like they were going to give up any time soon.

She shook her head and sat down at her desk, deciding it was probably better to start her reports than watch two immature cops throw food at eachother.

She was so caught up in her work she didn't even hear Jake speak to her until he was standing right over her with an expectant look on his face.

"what?"

"I asked if you wanted to come with me to get coffee" he smiles.

"oh, yeah sure"

The two silently walked out of the bullpen and into the chilly streets of New York. She smiled when Jake took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulder to stop her from shivering. The two conversed in friendly banter until they arrived outside the coffee shop. Just as they were  about to go in, Jake grabbed Y/N's wrist to stop her from walking but she yelped in pain.

"did I hurt you?" he asked as his eyes darted all over her body.

"um, no I-its okay" she said before she darted inside.

***
Y/N slumped back down in her chair and stared aimlessly at a spot on the wall across the precinct, fully aware there were a pair of concerned eyes on her but she couldn't bring herself to care. She didn't know what she was going to do, she needed help but she was too afraid of the consequences.

She flinched when the shrill sound of her phone ringing brought her out of her thoughts. She glanced over at Jake who was watching her with a worried expression before she walked to the roof and answered her phone. Her heart dropped to her stomach when her boyfriend answered, the one person she didn't want to hear from.

"hey babe" she said in the most enthusiastic voice she could possible muster.

"don't babe me, you were supposed to do a load of laundry before you left!" he shouted. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried her best not to  break down into tears.

"I-i'm sorry I forgot" she whispers.

"get your ass home as soon as work is finished, don't be fucking late!" he says before he hangs up. She let out a frustrated sigh before she turned around to see Jake leaning in the doorway.

"oh hey" she smiled before she tried to walk past him, only for him to gently grab her jacket.

"Is everything okay?" He said.

For a moment, she thought about telling him everything that was going on but then am Image of her boyfriend popped into her head and she decided against it. Instead, she smiled and nodded then walked over to her desk and buried herself in her work.

After a long afternoon of paperwork, it finally came time to go home. She glanced at her watch and shot up in her chair when she saw she only had 10 minutes to go home or she would be in trouble. She grabbed her things and mumbled a quick goodbye to her co-workers before she bolted down the stairs and into her car. She sped off as soon as she could, close to breaking all traffic laws to try and get home as fast as she could. Unfortunately, by the time she got home she was 5 minutes late.

She stood outside her apartment door and took a deep breath before she opened the door. As soon as she opened the door she was met with her boyfriend lying on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand.

"you're late" he said as he stop up.

"I know, there was traffic i'm sorry" she said as she walked in the door, gently closing it behind her.

"Sorry isn't good enough" he yells before he slapped her across the face, his wedding ring cutting into her cheek.

***
Jake walked out of the bathroom, smiling to a few of his co workers on the way until he got back to the bullpen. He frowned when he saw Y/Ns desk empty which meant she went home already, he was hoping to talk to her before she left. He looked over to the rest of the squad who were getting ready to leave.

"Hey, is Y/N still around?"

"no, she ran out of here 10 minutes ago" Amy says before the group collectively walk to the elevator.

He decided to go over to her apartment and check on her. She had been acting more and more distant lately and he was worried about her.

When he arrived at her apartment, he knocked on the door and waited for her to open the door. Instead, he was met with a chilling silence. He knocked again just in case she didn't hear him and when she didn't answer, he   twisted the hands  and to his surprise the door swung open.

He cautiously opened the door and looked around the apartment. His heart dropped when he stepped inside and saw the state of her apartment. There was broken glass everywhere, the couch was slightly torn and when he looked further there was blood on a few of the glass shards. He drew his gun and looked around the apartment, only to see Y/Ns boyfriend lying behind the couch with a knife in his chest. He rushed over to check his pulse, sighing when he couldn't find anything.

"Y/N" He calls out as he looks around the apartment. When he got to the bedroom he saw he backed into a corner with her knees drawn to her chest as she violently trembled.

"Y/N" he whispered as he slowly walked over to her. He carefully put a hand on her shoulder, only for her to flinch and back further into the corner.

"what happened?"

"he was gonna kill me" she whispered so quietly he only just heard her.

"what happened to your face?" He asked as he carefully put his hand on he cheek.

"did he hurt you?" He whispers. She nodded slightly, sending tears sliding down her cheeks. He carefully sat next to her and put his arm around her shoulder, gently pulling her close.

"has he every hit you before?" He asked, though he knew the answer. She pulled away and lifted up her sleeve, showing a hand shaped bruise.

"I wanted to tell you but I-i was scared he would kill me"

"you're safe now, i'm not going to let anyone touch you again" He assured her as he carefully pulled her back into his arms, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead and letting her silently cry into his shoulder.

The two sat against the wall for what seemed like hours before she suggested he call the police.

"do you want me to call the squad?" He said as he stood up.

"yes please" she says as she continues to stare blankly at the wall in-front of her.

Jake stood up and walked into the hallway, making sure he didn't step on anything that could obstruct evidence.

"hey Jake, whats up?" Amy asks on the phone.

"can you send a Medical examiner and police to This address?" He asks.

"wait but isn't that-"

"yes, it is" He interrupted, knowing exactly what she was going to say.

"okay i'm on it" Amy says as she hangs up. Jake walks back to the bedroom and sits back down beside her, wrapping his arms around her again.

"I called Amy, she's sending a medical examiner and police here"

She smiled slightly and leant into his touch, resting her head on his shoulder.

Around 10 minutes later the police and the medical examiner arrived. The police officers escorted Jake and Y/N outside in the hallway while they examined the scene and took the body to the morgue.

After 5 minutes, the police officers came back into the hall.

"we will need to take photos of the bruises to show prove it was self defence" the officer tells her. "we will take her to the station and once were finished she'll need somewhere to stay" the officer says as she looks at Jake.

The police took them to the police station and took Y/N to an interrogation room so they could take photos of her bruises.

After they took photos of her body, she put her clothes back on and followed the officers back to Jake. He instantly reached down and intertwined their fingers together.

"okay, you can go home. Well contact you with further information" the officer says.

The drive back to Jakes apartment was silent. Y/N rested her head against the window and watched the city lights fly by outside. When they got to Jakes apartment, he led her inside and suggested she shower to get the blood off of her.

When She came back from the shower, Jake couldn't help but smile. She looked adorable small in his NYPD hoodie that seemed two size  too big.

"So you want to watch a movie?" Jake asked as she sits down beside him.

"Sure"

"what do you want to watch?" He asked.

"i'm happy with anything" she replies.

"you ever seen die hard?" Jake gasps.

no, but you love it so I will"

Jake turned on the movie and they began to watch. Halfway through the movie, Y/Ns eyes began to droop and her head slowly fell down onto his shoulder. He smiled fondly at her and gently brushed her head behind her ear and placed a gentle kiss to her forehead. Soon enough, his own eyes began to droop. He turned the movie off and carefully situated himself so he was lying down with Y/N on his chest. He carefully pulled the blanket over their bodies before he fell asleep himself.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.6K 78 34
There will be short (and I mean short) chapters, and if you want to message me for something that happened to you that was frightening, you can. I'm...
501 57 15
This will have many short stories in it. Some of them will be dark and I will put up a warning. That's really all that needs to be said. If you have...
90.7K 1.9K 86
These stories are fluff(🌺)or angst(🥀) or both(🌺🥀). You can suggest Oneshots in the comment anywhere. I wanted to do this for awhile but I was sca...
30.4K 1.5K 47
The first couple of stories are kinda bad, I wrote them almost a year ago, please cut me some slack. The short stories, and mini stories I pride myse...