When the Sky Falls

Por HoneyB1994

Lillian Cole Taylor-Davis can say that life hasn't been too bad to her. She has married the love of her life... Mais

Chapter One

10 0 0
Por HoneyB1994

Feeling a weight collapse on my chest brings my mind out of the blissful dream state that I was just in.  Opening my eyes, I see that my attacker is my 85 lb bernedoodle Winchester.  I see that he has gotten himself comfortable; while, using me as a pillow.  Looking around, I take in the sun coming through the top of the blackout curtains. From the way that the sun is hitting the ceiling, through the crack on the curtain, tells me that it is still early morning.  Part of me feels suffocated and really needs to use the bathroom.  But, the other part that always wins out, even if just for a few minutes,  feels completely loved. 

Winchester is going to be eight this year.  He has been with me through some of the toughest times of my life so far.  Running my fingers through his soft fur, I can feel where he is starting to get some loose skin.  He is not quite young as he use to be, but don't tell him that.  He is still fully convinced that he is a puppy.

I can feel Maddox, my husband, laying beside me with his arm draped across my rib cage.  I can feel his hard muscled body, that has the perfect softness to it, pressed perfectly against mine.  His legs are tangled with mine, making us the perfect pretzel.  There is no better feeling than being completely in love and feeling that reciprocated 100 percent. The feeling of being one with someone that knows you like the back of their hand.  I love this man.

Hearing both Winny and Dox shallow breathing let's me know that they are still peacefully sleeping. This is my favorite thing about weekends.  Every other morning we are up before the crack of dawn.  We hardly get to even have a conversation before we are both off to work. 

There is just something about waking up after the sun is up.  Being in that perfect position in bed.  The one where you don't want to move, because you know as soon as you do it's gone.  The perfect temperature, right between warm but not hot.  The perfect way that your head is resting on the pillow; even though it may have taken you forever to fall asleep it has no problem luring you right back in within seconds.  A smile comes to my face; because despite the rats nest that is my dirty blonde hair, which is in a bun on my head and my husband's T-shirt and boxers I am completely at peace with my surroundings.  Deciding to  drink it all in and to enjoy the simplicity of it all, I feel my heart warm at the contentedness that falls over me.

Feeling Maddox tighten his arm tells me that he just woke up. If that didn't solidify it the rasp in his voice that makes him ten times hotter sure does. As he nuzzles my ear I hear him say in that southern Alabama accent of his, "Good morning darlin."  Feeling his warm breathe and scruff rub against my ear brings goosebumps to my neck and sends a shiver down my back.  Arching my back into him I feel him in all the right places.  Petting Winchester a few good times, before I  turn over to see Maddox gorgeous face.  I hear  Winny get down and leave the room.  Probably to search for his bone that he hid in the living room couch last night. Knowing that he has walked out of our room and is conveniently distracted by something else, tells me that we have a few moments to ourselves before  he decides he needs to go out. 

Turning over I take in this specimen of a man that is my husband.  His light brown hair, blue eyes, and tan face.  They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I can tell you that I am definitely beholding.  "Good morning handsome," I make sure to let him know just what I think of him.  Supporting my weight on his bare chest,  I rest my chin on my arms reaching up and pressing my lips against his.  Feeling him smile against my lips is the perfect invitation for me to take his bottom lip between my teeth and run my tongue against his soft flesh.  Hearing Maddox moan only encourages me to slip my tongue into his mouth and roam my hands up his smooth hard chest and over his huge arm muscles.  I can feel his hands run a light trail up my arm and lightly touch my neck until he is holding my face.  He pulls away and looks down at me. "That has to be one of my favorite things about waking up next to you."

Looking into those beautiful blue eyes, that were dark on the outside and grew lighter as they got closer to the center.  Eyes that are so expressive that you become encapsulated and don't even care that they stole your soul.  Eyes that only compare to one other pair.  They were the gateway to a drug that I have only had a taste of one other time.  Feeling completely at peace I make sure to let him know how much I love him and that I don't know what I would do without him.

Laying my head on his chest while drawing circles with my finger.  Simply enjoying the sense of peace and calm before our day gets hectic and crazy.  "What is our plan for today?"  I ask. 

"Well gorgeous,  I was thinking of going to the gym and then making some pancakes together." Yes pancakes!  He totally knows the way to my heart.  Making the cutest eyes and kissing his chest.  In a pretend lisp voice I ask, "Pancakes with chocolate chips?"  He looks me in the eye and they sparkle with pure love, as he pecks my lips and answers my question perfectly, "I don't know any other kind.  Now up we go."  He gets up and disappears into our walk-in closet to change into his workout gear.

Sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of the bed; not having to tell me twice when pancakes are at stake.  Stretching my arms above my head  and arching my back puts a smile on my face; the feeling of stretching is like no other.  Quickly making my way to the bathroom down the hall to finally relieve myself and brush my teeth.  While looking in the mirror I fix my hair and begin to contemplate going for a run while Dox is at the gym.  It would be a good chance to get Winchester some exercise.  However, on the other hand I could just stay home and read until he gets back.  I did just start this new book about this women who opened an orphanage in Africa and ended up saving a ton of babies.  I mean cute babies always outweighs exercise right? But, Winchester is definitely going to need to go for a run.  Heading back into the bedroom I start to look for my workout clothes.  Picking out the essentials and deliberating on shorts versus leggings.  Looking out the window; I can tell the sun is out.  Definitely deciding on the leggings, knowing that they will keep my non-thigh gap from rubbing together, that is if I decide to go running. With it being summer, I know that if I want to go for a run it is either going to be now, during the morning, or later this evening.  The heat gets brutal here in Atlanta, during the summer.  I mean I am not trying to die of heatstroke.  Exiting the bedroom I head into the kitchen by passing the living room.  I hear Winchester's nails tapping on the hardwood following me into the kitchen.  I suppose he abandoned the mission for that dang on bone. My assumption was correct when he brings his head up bumping my hand trying to get me to pet him. It is like this dog can read my brain and he is so playing the devils advocate.  His big ole eyes staring up at me begging for a walk.  I see he is mixing some pre workout and getting his things straight before he heads for the gym. So, I cave and decided to ask Dox, "How long are you planning on working out?" 

"I was thinking of doing a couple circuits.  So, probably no more than 45 minutes.  Why?"  He asked.  "Well I was contemplating going for a run."  Coming up to me and placing a peck on my cheek he mentions, "Lil  that is completely up to you, love.  But, I know that you always feel your best after a good hard run.  If you decide to go I would feel much better if you take Winny with you.  Plus, the weather looks great.  So, it would be a great chance to get some serotonin for that beautiful brain of yours" As he nibbles my ear he adds, "Also, I am working legs and I know how you get when you get your blood flowing." 

Looking into his eyes, that promise so much more, now I have other ideas on my mind besides going for a run.  Biting my lip and running my finger down his chest, I look at him and say, "or we could just work out here."  Chuckling he takes my face in his hands and kisses my lips quick and sweet.  "That sounds wonderful, but workout first and then we can spend the day naked in bed and eating all of the pancakes." 

Kissing him back giggling, "I still like my idea better, but I guess yours will suffice."  He heads into the entry way and sits to put his shoes on and grabs his things to head to the gym.  As I head back into the bedroom to get ready, I hear a yelled, "I love you," I quickly yell back the same sentiment and then I hear a soft shut of the front door. 

Quickly, changing out of my nightclothes I grab my headphones off the dresser.  Heading back out to the entry way I sit down so that I can put on my running shoes and get ready to put Winny's leash on him.  Looping his lead around my waist makes it easier to attach to his harness.  Seeing Winchester give me those eyes, I know that he is more than ready to go on this run.  Once he is all good to go we make our way out the front door.  Making sure to lock the house before I head out. 

Walking down the stairs I start some running music.  I start out slowly jogging, just to warm up and then pace myself.  I know the loop around the neighborhood is a little bit of a longer one.  Moments like this, of just me and Winchester running,  remind me of him.  They take me back to being 17 and doing a lap around the block.  He would always meet me a quarter of the way through my jog with eyes bright and a smiling face.  His green eyes always paired well with his exceptional tan skin and dark hair. I would spend the summers so jealous of his tan.  It would take me the entire summer to achieve just part of what he had.  I couldn't help that I was blessed with white skin that burned and being tan was just a dream that I could never achieve.  We both new he could run faster than me, he won multiple times at States for track throughout high school.  However, that didn't change the fact that he would always run with me, but never ahead.  He would always push me to not let the mental block hold me back.  He was great like that.  Always the encourager and my biggest cheerleader.  We would spend most of our time together, almost attached to the hip.  There were times when he would be gone for weeks at a time and not able to talk about it, but I trusted him.  He was my best friend.  There was a time when I thought he was the light and I was the moth that kept getting dragged back in.  You couldn't have told me that we wouldn't have ended up together.  I was head over heels, but I guess in the end you get dealt the cards that life gives you and you don't always get to draw one until you get the right color.  It is so funny how the mind works.  We have the ability to forget things until we sense a certain smell or we feel something that jogs a memory.  It is crazy to think that was eight years ago and my life no longer consist of him.

As I begin to make my loop back towards the house, I start thinking of my life now.  I am so thankful that I am married to Maddox James Davis.  He loves every part of me and he restored my ability to love someone.  Maddox has always been gentle and patient with me.  He is now that face that I search for whenever I walk in a room.  Seeing him whether out of the corner of my eye from a distance or right in front of me from a few feet away brings me peace.  He has always done his best to take care of us and love me.  The memory of walking down the aisle to say "I Do," will always be one of my favorites.  The look of pure love and happiness in his eyes will forever be one that I remember.  I will spend as long as life gives us together to show him how much I appreciate him.

Turning the corner I can see my house and Winchester knows that we are almost home.  He pulls his lead a little harder.  I know he is really looking forward to a nice bowl of water and that bone.  Parked in my driveway, behind Maddox, I see an older looking car that has definitely seen better days.  I know sometimes he has to work remotely on Saturdays.  So,  I guess a coworker stopped by to drop off some paperwork. I unhook Winny from around my waist and start to make the walk up the drive.  I can't wait to get in the air conditioner and cool off.  I can taste those pancakes on my tongue, making my stomach rumble in return.  "I know soon enough," I chuckle with a grin.  Opening the door I hear some low voices in the kitchen and suspect they are discussing work stuff.  Trying not to be disruptive, I turn left to walk through the entry way and make my way to the fridge.  While grabbing a cold bottle of water I take note that the kitchen is empty.  I realize now that they must be in the dining room.  Deciding against being rude I decided to say hello.  Right as I make my way to the archway between the kitchen and the dining room I hear Winchester's deep growl.  My eyes find him snarling and warning someone that they are crossing a line.  It isn't until I look up and meet the eyes of my husband that I see the severity of the situation that I am currently in. I take note of the three huge men that surround him, while he is tied down to a chair.  Without even attempting to take in any details of who is in my house I turn around and start to haul ass to get to safety.  With my blood pounding in my ears I faintly hear Maddox yell run and a manly pained yell.  I am guessing that Winchester bit into one of the men.  Right as I reach the front door I hear a gunshot and pain erupt in the back of my head.  Before I can manage to open the door I feel the world around me go black.

Authors Note:
Picture of Winchester at the top. Courtesy of Google images.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

129K 5.8K 28
!Adult/Possessive and Asshole!
756K 34.9K 86
Champion City, one of the greatest hotspots for superheroes and supervillains ever since thirty years ago, when super-powered individuals started to...
23.4K 1.7K 20
စာအခုမှရေး‌တာဖြစ်တဲ့အတွက် အရေးအသားညံခဲ့သည်ရှိသော်တောင်းပန်ပါတယ်နော်။ Started Date-10.5.2024 Friday
62.2K 10.6K 128
ခေါင်းစဉ် 《替身》လူစားထိုး 作者:北棠墨 မူရင်းရေးသားသူ -ပေထန်မော့ ဘာသာပြန် May Tulips Love   အခုခေတ်နောက်ခံ 1 V 1 , HE Zawgyi နဲ့က နောက်တအုပ်ရေးထားပေးတ...