Your Opinion is Invalid ((Pri...

Galing kay Kill_me_if_you_can

Virgil and Roman's friendship had been complicated since the beginning, assumptions and prejudice having rule... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Author's Note
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Ten

804 61 110
Galing kay Kill_me_if_you_can

TW: Horrible writing (I'm serious this chapter is kind of shit)

Virgil's POV

For the first time in his life, Virgil was watching Patton have a break down. What was he freaking out over? Roman and Logan were visiting. Why was he freaking out and not cheering like usual? Virgil had abso-bloody-lutely no clue. 

"What should I wear? Should I wear my cardigan? Or one of my polo shirts?" Patton frantically grabbed articles of clothing from his closet, studied them, and then deemed them unworthy by chucking them in a growing discard pile. "What do kids wear these days, Virge? Do people even wear cardigans anymore?"

"Kids these days"?

"Patton, you're literally a teenager. And you already dress more normal than me. I'm not the person you should ask for advise." Virgil pointed out.

The dad-like friend stared blankly at him. "I dress normal? Have you ever seen a teen wear a polo shirt with a cardigan around the neck besides that one kid in Heathers? It just isn't a thing! Logan knows tha-"

"Logan?" Virgil threw his head back and laughed. "That's why you're freaking out? Because you think Logan will judge you?" Patton's hurt expression made Virgil instantly regret laughing. He reluctantly put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Look, what I mean is that Logan doesn't judge people upon their appearance. Pat, he literally wears a tie every day. Do you really think he knows what normal people wear?"

Patton laughed bitterly and sat down on his bed next to Virgil. "You're right, kiddo. It's just..." he paused and seemed to struggle to think of the right words. "...he's always so formal, and strict, and he always judged me whenever I did something childish, and that was when we were literal children. We're teens now. He might be even more judging and I really really don't want him to think badly of me."

Virgil studied his friend's face. He was frowning, and his eyes were distant. "Pat...do you like him?"

Patton looked away from him. "Yeah..."

"Then you would want him to like you for you, right?"

"I guess."

"Then," Virgil twisted around and looked at the pile of clothing behind them. "Then just wear what you want to wear. If he doesn't like it, than he doesn't like it. And anyways, I absolutely despise that stupid varsity jacket Romano wears all the time, and I still like him." 

Patton smiled a bit at that. "You're right. It was stupid of me to worry." Virgil shook his head.

"No, it's okay to not be happy all the time, Pat." Patton's smile instantly turned into a grin. 

"I'm always happy! I was just down a bit. But I'm better now!" Virgil raised an eyebrow but didn't question it. 

Eventually, Patton decided on a blue polo and his gray cardigan. 

"How do I look?" Patton did a childish twirl. 

"Great." The same. 

The doorbell rang and both of their eyes widened simultaneously. 

"Coming!" They both shouted and hurried down the stairs to the front door. Virgil looked down to see his hands were sweaty, so he quickly wiped them on his black jeans and breathed in deeply. Stay calm. Stay calm. It's just Logan and Roman. Logan, and Roman, and that fucking varsity jacket. 

Patton opened the door to reveal the two of them, Logan in his usual polo and tie while Roman was in a red sweater and white jeans, a crossbody bag with musical theater and pride pins slung across his shoulder. Shit. I'm so gay for this idiot.

 Roman whipped out a kazoo and blew into it before Patton had the chance to greet them. 

"It's great to see you, Padre!" Roman quickly squeezed him in a hug, Logan and Virgil watching awkwardly while acknowledging the other's existence with a nod. As soon as Patton was released he looked at Logan with a huge smile. 

"Logan!"

"Hi."

Patton engulfed the nerd in a hug as well, leaving Roman and Virgil to look around the house to avoid interacting.

"So," they both said at the same time, and they both blushed and looked in opposite directions. 

"It's good to see you, Virgil." Roman's smile was small, but genuine. 

"Yeah. Nice to see you too, Princey." He scratched the back of his neck. "How's life on the outside?" 

"Good!"

"Great."

"Mmhm."

"How's the new house?" Roman asked cautiously.

"Cool."

"Very nice. And...school? Have you made any...new friends?" The theater kid's voice wavered a bit.

"Uh, I mean, I met Thomas and Janus, but I'm not necessarily friends with Thomas. And Janus'...Janus." He laughed awkwardly. 

"Howaboutaboyfriend?"

Virgil blushed profusely. "What?"

"What?"

"You said somethi-"

"Oh, I did? Ha, silly me...I've...forgotten." Roman chuckled nervously and turned to Patton and Logan. "So, what shall we do to catch up?"

"Oh, well..." Patton laughed a bit and glanced at Logan. "I thought we could go bowling and then get lunch since we haven't talked for awhile and it might be awkward to just have a long conversation out of the blue. Butwedon'thavetodothatifyoudon'twantto."

"That sounds wonderful, Patton!" Roman clapped a hand on his back.

"I agree with Roman. It sounds...entertaining."

"Wha...really?" Patton's eyes were as large as saucers, and his grin grew ten times larger. Virgil smirked and made a mental note to find an excuse to leave the two glasses-wearing friends alone together. Of course, that would mean he'd be alone with Princey for a bit, but it was a small price to pay. 

"Should we leave now then, Patton? It'll be lunch time in 3 hours. Unless you wanted to have a late lunch, which is perfectly acceptable. I was just saying, because...well...if you wanted a large amount of time to spend with us..." Logan trailed off, which was unusual for him. Virgil took note. 

"Aww of course I want to spend time with you guys, Logan! And Virgil wants to hang out with you two too, right Virgil?" The mentioned teen gave an embarrassed nod. "Lemme just get my shoes on." Patton turned and ran upstairs, grabbing Virgil and dragging the boy behind him.

"What the hell was that for? My shoes are downstairs by the door." Virgil hissed when they were back in Patton's room, shaking from his friend's grip.

"I'm sorry but..." Patton squealed in delight. Virgil flinched at the high pitched sound. 

"He didn't say anything about bowling being childish! And he hugged me and said hi and just..." Virgil cringed as the teen squealed again, not bothering to point out that it was Patton who hugged him, not the other way around. 

"Great. So. Your shoes are?"

Patton giggled. "Downstairs. I just needed an excuse to talk to you in private."

Virgil sighed but gave him a small smile. He shipped the two too much to complain. "Okay, can we go get them then?"

"Yeah."

The two stumbled down the stairs, the other two boys looking up at them with questioning looks.

"Where are your shoes, Patton?" Logan asked.

"Oh, I thought they were upstairs, turns out they're down here."

"I see."

Virgil looked at the empty spot by the door where his shoes should've been. "Where did my shoes go?"

Someone cleared their throat behind him. He turned to see Roman holding his black converse out to him innocently.

"I saw that they were there when you went upstairs. I was going to give them to you but you were coming down and-"

"Thanks, but I don't need a knight in shining armor to find my shoes for me." Virgil said it jokingly, but he definitely saw Roman's face fall out of the corner of his eye while he turned to the other two. Weird. We say stuff like that to each other all the time. Was I too harsh? Virgil slipped on his shoes.

"Okay, let's go you guys!" Patton chirped, and they all filed outside the door. He glanced at Roman's face again but he was back to his charming, confident self. Guess not. 

a/n: who managed to update three days early? this lil' shit right here *points to self*

I know it's shitty writing; I apologize go that. I just really wanted to write this scene because I thought it would be awkward and adorable and fun to write. Turns out it's really fricken hard to write an awkward scene without the actual writing being awkward. After reading this you have proof that this is true. Oh well XD

~ Sam

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

73.6K 3.5K 33
Virgil's whole family believes that the LGBTQ+ community is a sin. Virgil didn't know why. He just went along with everything his family did and say...
11.9K 473 39
After a horrible day Virgil finds himself in a place he doesn't recognise. What will happen? Who will save him? Will the others come to his rescue, o...
28.5K 1.2K 22
Cover art by: Adrian on amino Ever since Virgil's father passed away and he's had to serve his step father Remus and his two kids pretty much everyth...
509K 21.5K 43
Virgil had his own life, his own group of mismatched, odd friends. Roman had his clique and his power. The two were about to collide in one big mess...