Darkest Hours (MGL series Boo...

By MedievalTomboy

What a Witch decides, she achieves. A place of bloody sacrifices, with magic good and bad. A place of dark my... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 12

612 65 2
By MedievalTomboy

'Breeze of the cold pleasure,

When hit with the floral scent,

Purely a pair of trotters can move,

Along the piece of the lush virescent.'

Lucius raised an arrogant brow at the young witch who was sitting comfortably on the ground in an unladylike manner. Madonna, on the other hand, gritted her teeth as she read the verse.

'Orla definitely wanted her son to die so soon that she had made such a splendid begin.' Thought Madonna as she stood up from the ground and dusted her long traveling gown.

"I'm not hauling you all the way through the green fields just so the mazes wish." Lucius frowned as he took a glance at the very annoyed Madonna.

He had to carry her all through the green fields as per the verse but he was not ready to haul her for such a long time in his arms because one, he could not see the end of the green fields and two, his wife is not a good exemplar of a petite woman.

She stands a magnificent tallness for a woman and what weighs the most is her annoying attitude. He could not tolerate the silent woman to discount him like always while he was transporting her in his arms; safely if doable.

"I could not comprehend the significance of shields whatsoever." Madonna disregarded the Lord as usual and walked towards the large tree to continue the trip by her own if the Lord was so concerned in making trivial talk.

Without answering him, she was about to take a step on the green lush ground when she was lifted off the ground leaving Madonna to shriek in surprise.

If Lucius was not in pain due to his wife until the moment, then he was certainly at that very moment when she chose to disregard him. So he did what he shall have to by moving his hand with a bright blue light as he raised Madonna off her feet in the air.

It would be a lie if he says he did not enjoy the sudden shriek from the young witch. He had always seen her well composed and to receive such an exemplary response from her amused him a little.

Madonna sneered at him for the act and gestured him to put her down without voicing anything from her mouth that caused Lucius to raise her higher in the air enough to hit her head to a thick branch of a tall tree.

Why, if she was not prepared to talk to him or counter his qualms then he knew all well to tame the stubborn witch. She was to respond him and he would make certain of it.

How long shall she keep up with the pretense? He was all set to get words out of her if he had to go to extreme lengths.

He stepped on the roots of the large tree and felt the shield in place as the vibe pushed him inside the limits of it. He used his magic to keep his dear wife secure in air although all he wanted to do was bang the exasperating woman in to one of the large trees.

He did not get any response from the maddening woman, not even a squeal of suddenness when she was hit lightly to a branch. Lucius had dealt with many aggravating people – few humans and few not humans – but never had he felt the extent of his blood boil due to his very own wife.

He wondered how a woman, precisely a wife, could come up with such skills to torment men. He was petrified by how the mind of women works.

"The cause behind many mazes?" He asked again presuming silence from her and that was what he got.

Lucius pinched his nose as he heaved a deep breath in an effort to control his rage. It was quite a challenging feat he was facing to take a command over his enragement and not to wring his dear wife's pretty pale neck.

He was mindful of the sly smirk of triumph playing on her pretty plump dark lips as he recalled the words said by Knox Garrick.

'The young witch does not need magic to do her bidding.'

Now that he went back and recollected those words, he understood what Knox meant. The woman needed no uncanny power indeed as she had great methods to chase people to insanity.

Thinking about Knox Garrick who had escaped from his grasp fruitfully made him smirk. How naïve of him to have thought he had escaped from Lucius without his notice!

He laughed as he took a glance at his beautiful wife as he recalled the day when Madonna had reached his cave and freed Knox Garrick from his grasp.

How they did not realize the fact that they had effortlessly escaped - rather, Madonna had effectively freed Knox from his cave which he had enclosed in many shields, was still amusing to him.

Foolish Knox was to assume he had broken through his clutches with the help of the young witch but Knox was still in the dark that it was him who had let him go. It was his very intent to let him escape.

It was Lucius' very intention to let go of Knox and Knox, being a foolish human has mistaken his effortless freedom, however, how the young witch did not mull over the easy escape still puzzled him.

By then, Lucius knew what a conniving fox Madonna was and with the concocting mind of hers, it was unusual not to suspect.

Lucius groaned as Madonna fell on him causing him to fall hard on the ground. He fell on the dirt land and the young Witch was on his lap, her feet not touching the ground but her lips were touching from ear to ear with the enormous grin she was giving.

He bent his wrist to haul her back in the air but the blue light did not appear causing him to realize that his magic shall not act in the bounds of the maze. He tried to use another of the spell to lift the woman into the air but nothing was effective.

With no other choice, Lucius groaned as he picked Madonna in his arms like a bride and grunted as he tried to keep her firm in his arms.

He had walked with her in his arms for most part of the day. It was silent like it always was except for the victorious simper he could see on her face every now and then.

"Knox Garrick had escaped." Lucius said baiting her to talk. Madonna not but simply raised her eyebrows in question as she gave him a little shrug. "I do know that you helped him go." He added.

Lucius was again shocked as he expected her to get startled by his knowledge but all he got was a smile in response.

Hell, how he wanted to squeeze the life out of her!

Lucius opened his mouth to shout of his aggravation at her but was stopped when he heard her voice for the second time in the day.

"He shall be back in you surrender shortly, Milord." Modonna spoke as she smiled knowingly. Her mind reeled back to what she had planned for Knox Garrick with Orla.

Madonna was positive that by the end of that night, the deliberated shall be done. By the time Knox was back in to the holds of her husband, Alder, his father shall also come back weak and feeble.

Madonna knew why she and Lucius were traveling through another path while Knox and Alder Emor took the shorter and easier path. She had made all the provisions for the men to fall in her trap and Lucius shall not intervene in it any way.

His father shall be ruined and she was going to make certain she do what she had determined.

Madonna's response brought a smile on his face as his own tricky self surfaced. To keep her talking and to trick her into answering him, he looked straight into her eyes, deep and dead, he had finally attacked her with the first surprise – nah – second surprise from him; first being their nuptials.

"Ah he can rather come back leisurely after he does what you intend him to." He provided making Madonna's eyes go wide.

She turned her face in a sudden and glanced at the knowing smile on his face which elevated her puzzlement.

"Pardon me, Milord, I am sorry to tell you that I have no idea what you are talking about." Madonna could not help but talk back when a sudden urgency hit her.

Was he just entrapping her for his own answers or did he indeed know about what she had done or doing?

Why did he say he knew what she was deliberate of?

Was he playing with her?

"I request for some enlightenment, Milord." Lucius smiled and shrugged in silence as he kept his mouth shut and continued walking through the woods with her in his arms.

It was now his time to impose the same tactic on her that she imposed on him.

Silence!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about Madonna's silent treatment?

Do you think it will work in making her not fall in love with him?

Or will it work on getting back her magic from him?

She is surely playing with his patience. Your views?

What did Lucius mean he let Knox go?

He said he know what Madonna was doing, did he really?

Or was he merely playing with her mind?

Please shower me votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242 6 34
In a medieval fantasy, the fates of souls get intertwined when a dark mystery in the days of September falls from the sky like a star. All people tou...
391 48 24
Within the wrestling world of bright lights and fast money, a lost wanderer dwells. He is not human, like those he works with. Even he doesn't know...
263 76 24
A confident young man with a well paying job, worries about his mother and two sisters when he's away at work. They are constantly harassed and bulli...
160 15 12
It's amazing how we become villain in someone else's life and hero in our own. But who decides what's right and wrong?who is hero and villain?. The o...