Off-Screen

By -hexed

EXTRA CHAPTERS FROM 'THE OPULENCE SERIES' The Opulence Series; ♛ Opulent Glory (1) ✔ ♡ Gilded Butterflies (2... More

IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ
OG| Dear Nora,
OG| Dear Spencer,
OG| When We Were Younger
GB| Nora's Comeback
TKOM| Announcements
TKOM| Amelie's Ever After
TKOM| Blake's Aftermath
BF | Golf
♛ bits&bobs from readers ♛

OG| No Angel

213 9 5
By -hexed

timeline; the day before the trinity gal + the trinity gala (i.e the infamous video leak) - chapters 15/16

POV- Angel

It's been a while since I updated this book. Enjoy!

"Where is she?" Angel drawled, picking at her newly done nails. She had gotten a fresh set in preparation for the legendary Trinity Gala that was set to take place the following day. She was meant to be getting a facial too but she had to cancel her appointment in order to help Madeline Lockhart and her preparations.

"I don't know, Angel. Just like I didn't know when you asked me two minutes ago."

"Ugh, whatever Aisha. I don't understand why she treats us like we work for her. My family's net worth is probably more than hers."

Aisha continued to tap away at her phone. "Why don't you plan a rebellion then?" She said sarcastically.

Angel huffed and crossed her arms. It wasn't fair. Madeline had told them to assemble at hers at ten am exactly but it was nearly eleven.

  A rebellion. The thought was a mere dream. She would have loved to have power over Madeline but unfortunately that wasn't how their high school hierarchy worked. Angel knew she was at the middle rungs of the pyramid. That meant in order to stop herself from becoming unpopular she would have to be at Madeline's beck and call for the rest of their time in high school. That was the way it always was. It benefited her sometimes. She got invited to all the cool parties and trips. She got followed back by Madeline on social media. She even got selfies with Madeline and Nora to post which totally boosted her following. But still. She wished she didn't have to be pushed around by Madeline.

"Aisha, Angel stand up."

   Angel turned around swiftly to find Madeline scowling at them.

"Okay, I have lunch with Priya at twelve. At two o'clock on the dot I want you two to be standing in front of the front door with two separate arrangements of pink hydrangeas and white roses."

"Like, together?" Angel asked, confused by the request.

"Angel, sometimes I really wonder how you've made it so far with your packing-peanut-sized brain. I just said separate."

  Angel's mouth cocked open. How rude!

  "And I want one of you to book me a facial at Iridescence."

Angel smirked and gave Aisha a knowing look. It didn't matter who she was. There was no way she could get a booking at Iridescence with a few hours notice.

  "Madeline, Iridescence has a twelve week waiting list," Aisha explained.

"You have two hours." Madeline swiftly stood up and grabbed her bag, smiling wickedly at them. "Anything else you'd like to say before I go to lunch?"

  "Lunch with Priya Cheema? That's crazy."

  "Aisha, stating things that are obvious is not great for your case. "

  And with that she sashayed out of the house with both their eyes burning holes in her back.

  Aisha groaned. "What are we meant to do about Iridescence!?"

  "I hope she breaks her leg or something."

"Angel!"

Angel rolled her eyes. "Get off your high horse. Now, come on. Let's go accomplish the impossible."

♛♛♛

Angel collapsed onto the sofa in Madeline's living room after a strenuous three hours of running errands. Ordering the floral arrangements was easy. Carrying them five blocks to where Aisha has parked the car was not.

After that, the girls had to get busy digging up any blackmail material on the workers in Iridescence. They found nothing and had to resort to trying to find connections between them and the owners. They searched desperately for any links whether they were third cousins or parents' business partners. Thankfully, they found out that the aesthetician who founded the spa had also been Aisha's sister's best friend's cousin. And, through grovelling and bribes, they managed to make a reservation for the next day.

"ANGEL!" Aisha exclaimed.

Angel looked at the window where she was standing. "What?"

"Oliver and Spencer are outside smoking."

Angel scurried to the spot beside her and peeped through the small crack in the curtain. True to her word, The Great Spencer and The Magnification Oliver were leaned against the outside wall taking turns puffing something. As Aisha moved to look through the gap, one of them momentarily made eye contact with her causing her to leap out of view.

  "Oh my god, they saw me."

  Angel laughed and returned to the sofa. "Act casual when they come in."

Aisha jumped as the front door suddenly opened and they walked in.

"Hi girls."

Angel waved nonchalantly at them as Aisha squeaked.

"Spencer, Oliver... hi!"

Spencer winked at Aisha before leaving the room, followed by Oliver. They must have went to the other living room. Aisha looked faint and Angel laughed as she stumbled to the chair.

"I'm both terrified and in awe of them," She stammered.

  "Hello?!" A voice called out from the hall.

  Aisha and Angel both groaned and picked up their hydrangeas, ready to show them to Madeline.

"Madeline! Hey!" Aisha started. "Spencer and Oliver are in your living room."

  Madeline's face fell in a way that intrigued Angel. what was she hiding?

"Has anything happened?" Madeline asked.

Angel smirked. "Why? Should something have happened?"

Angel had always wanted dirt on Madeline but the girl was careful to always cover her tracks.

  Madeline was clearly triggered by her question as an expression of anger took over her face. "No. And, I change my mind. I want red roses too. You can throw those pink hydrangeas away. Aisha, your flowers are perfect. You're done for the day,you can leave."

  It was times like these where Angel was just ready to attack. How could Madeline be such a... a.... bitch!

"That is not fair! I have so much-"

  "Angel I suggest you leave quickly if you want to remain my friend. You do not want to see what it's like to be my enemy."

  Angel bit her tongue and shot their 'queen' one last glare before stomping out. Aisha followed in suit and they met outside.

"I-I can't believe her! She's such an evil person! I can never please her with anything I do!"

"Angel, let's just go. I'll help you get the roses."

Angel sighed. "Fine. I... shit-" She patted her pockets. "I forgot my phone inside. Wait here."

She ran into the house through the backdoor and found her phone on a table. As she was about to leave, she paused. There were voices coming form the front hall. Peaking in from behind the door she spotted Madeline and Spencer hugging. There had been a rumour they were going out but it was never confirmed or denied. Aisha had to see this.

Angle whipped out her phone but as soon as she pressed record Spencer let go of Madeline and left. Well that was a bust.

What happened next made Angel nearly drop her phone. Thank god she hadn't stopped recording.

As Madeline shut the door, Oliver pinned her against it and kissed her.

"Hey handsome."

"Hey gorgeous."

"Holy shit," Angel muttered, freaking out inside. Oliver and Madeline were kissing. Oliver and Madeline. Oliver Scott and Madeline Lockhart. Oliver who was Nora Lawrence's boyfriend and Madeline who was Nora Lawrence's best friend.

" Why were you making faces behind Spencer?"

  "I was jealous, obviously."

  "Why are you here? More mind-blowing sex?"

OH. MY. GOD.

Angel was perhaps the luckiest person ever. Her video could literally change her life. It could topple Madeline's entire bullshit hierarchy. Everyone would see Madeline Lockhart for what she really was. An evil, heartless bitch.

Angel had never felt such excitement in her life.

♛♛♛

"Aisha look! They're sneaking off together!"

Angel pointed out Oliver and Madeline sneaking away in the middle of the gala. It was shameful really. She had shown Aisha the video almost immediately but they both agreed that they had to use it strategically. Wait for the perfect moment.

Aisha shook her head. "Have they no shame?"

"I have to tell Nora."

"Not now. I'm not ready to pick sides!"

"Pick sides? Aisha, we obviously stand with Nora. Her boyfriend is cheating on her with her best friend! And we hate Madeline anyway."

"I like her-"

"Well, I despise her."

"Have you guys seen Oliver?"

Aisha and Angel turned their attention to Nora who was smiling kindly at them, awaiting their answer. They bugged their eyes at each other, trying to make a telepathic agreement over what to say. Obviously that didn't work. Aisha elbowed Angel as she opened her mouth.

"Check the private room upstairs," Angel said, ignoring Aisha.

Nora thanked her and left them.

"What the hell?! What happened to our strategy?! What if she finds them making out or something?"

Angel shrugged and took a sip of champagne. "Well then we prepare to topple Madeline Lockhart's reign."

Angel didn't think she would be so lucky. She expected Nora to go upstairs and find them talking or doing something completely PG. However, Angel nearly bursted out into cheers of joy when Nora rushed down the stairs with tears in her eyes.

"I think she caught them," Aisha whispered as Nora approached them.

The poor girl was hysterical. "I-I went upstairs and.. and... oh my god how could I be so stupid! How could they do this to me!"

Angel didn't something totally out of character and hugged her. "I know. I caught them yesterday. I have a video of them."

Nora paused and pushed her off of her. "You recorded them?"

"Um... yeah. Is that bad?"

Nora shook her head. "I recorded them too."

"Nora, I have an idea."

"Angel, I think I have the same one."

"Guys, what's going on?" Aisha asked.

Nora smiled through her tears. "I'm going to ruin their lives."

♜♜♜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 2.2K 33
❝You promised me❞ ♜ Spencer Kingsley holds more power in his hands than he thinks ♜ After years of waiting for Madeline Lockhart, Spencer is finally...
211K 7.3K 37
MADELINE LOCKHART Say it. Chant it. Remember it. ♛ ♛ ♛ New York's adolescent haut monde are known for their luxurious lifestyles. Their glory lies i...
5.4K 164 15
- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨...
33.3K 1.5K 11
DISCRETION SERIES - BOOK 4 (spin-off) " Here you are, gentlemen. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you " God, her voice sounds like s...