Battle of Hearts

By purplebeach

Ally Parker, soon to be senior, is your typical studious jock. She has got good grades and a few friends. She... More

Battle of Hearts
Chapter 1- The Cheesy Punch
Chapter 2- Dorky Trouble
Chapter 3- Here we go again
Chapter 4- Chemistry over Pen
Chapter 5- Bittersweet & Cold Feelings
Chapter 6- The Epic Fall
Chapter 7- We Can't Stop Cruising
Chapter 8- Call of Dog Poop
Chapter 9- The Punching Bag Stories
Chapter 10- Surprises
Chapter 11- I doubt that.
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 1
Chapter 12- The Bad Move Part 2
Chapter 13- Guilty Displeasures
Chapter 14- No pranks
Chaper 15- Better than nothing- The Friendzone
Chapter 16- He's Just Not That Into You
Chapter 17- Dealing with Feelings
Chapter 18- Conversations with Kanye West
Chapter 19 Between Girls
Chapter 20- New Friends.
Chapter 23- Restless Night
Chapter 24- A Happy Birthday Gift
Chapter 25- Cold Friendships
Chapter 26- The Best
Chapter 27-The Worst
Chapter 28- Sleep for Christmas
Chapter 29- Midnight Messages
Chapter 30- A Special Bond
Chapter 31- Losing Kiss Cam
Chapter 32- Change
Chapter 33- The New Girl
Chapter 34- Fear
Chapter 35- Truth or Truth
Chapter 36- Of Boozes and Broken Hearts
Chapter 37
Chapter 38- Caged Heart
Chapter 39- Choices
Chapter 40
Chapter 41- Californian Dream
Chapter 42- The Prom Day
Chapter 43- The Big Bump
Chapter 44- Something Great
Epilouge

Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door

5.9K 245 5
By purplebeach

Chapter 21- The Doubtful Door

It had been three weeks since the encounter with Rebecca in the school washroom. She gave credit for the way Rebecca played. The intensity of her pranks increased each week. Initially she stuck to written threats thrown inside Ally's locker. The threats got real when Ally was locked up in one of the washrooms cubicle for a whole period which eventually led her to detention for missing an important class. One time Rebecca bumped into her intentionally during lunch break to ruin her clothes but Ally just escaped it from a few centimeters distance. Her friends had seen the whole scene but she claimed it to be purely accidental. Although she got a sususpicious eye from Cameron she shrugged it off.

It was the fourth week of November and a lot of things had changed with the changing weather. Jake was still unaware of the rift between his ex girlfriend and his new friend. Ally and jake had become good friends. They were lab partners too and it had become his habit to smile at her whenever they saw each other. This gesture had made her smile so much she had almost forgotten about Rebecca's fiasco.

The start of the week was pretty normal, she wasn't bothered by Rebecca at all until Friday. Her apprehension was that she must've given up due to Ally's ignorance. She was thinking about the same thing while playing video games with Callum in his basement. They had a huge LED TV and the whole basement was converted into game room with multiple consoles and a mini fridge which she was so excited to see that she opened it twenty five times. They were playing tennis after the one hour tutoring; it had become common to stay for awhile in his house after school.

Suddenly Cameron barged in and the sound made her miss the ball.  Her gaze landed on him for a moment. He was wearing nothing but sweatpants with a half wet blue t-shirt on his hand which he wasn't using at all. His defined stomach was on full show and it was official that he was attractive physically. At least.

His face and hair were dripping with sweat making him look sexy. Practice definitely made him look perfect. He was working really hard since the past week because their team had to face two continuous defeats. He told her he had been worried about it because the next few games were crucial if they had to stay in the district level tournament. She had advised him that it was indeed commendable they had reached this far and their school hadn't been able to get past after just three games last year. But his intention was only victory and it mattered even more because it was their last year in school.

''Yes! I won." Callum yelled raising his remote controller high up in the air. ''Finally!'  he added and dramatically collasped on the couch beside Cameron.

''She's good isn't-" Cameron's sentence ended with a whimper as he made a move to shift to give his brother some space.

''What happened?" she asked him.

"Ugh.. just... I think I busted my back today when I was doing a dunk.'' he said rubbing his back.

Ally sighed, ''I told you. Don't be so hard on yourself, Miller. And it's cold it would take a long time to heal.''

''But I've to be there for the team you know..'' he said looking into the distance.

"Right. Get it checked by a doctor and get some rest." Callum said.

''I can't. I have to be there. It's important.'' he pressed.

She felt frustrated by him he was being overly stubborn. She got up and directed Callum, "Come on, Cal. Let's go. If he wants to break himself. There's nothing we can do about it." They both rose and started walking towards the door.

"And wear a shirt too while you cry in.pain.'' She shouted while walking away.

She heard him chuckle, ''Oh come on. You guys can at least cheer me up."

''Only if you'd go to a doctor and take some rest as he said.'' She demanded.

''Okay fine. but I'm not missing the game" he said lifting his hands in a defeat.

''Great." They both smiled triumphantly and sat back and she asked Callum to start the game again.

''I'm play-"

''Nope. Not at all.'' Callum cut him off. and she laughed at his pathetic condition as she watched Callum looking through some settings.

She felt someone looking at her. She turned to look at Cameron smiling widely at her. ''What are you smiling for?" She asked annoyed by his stare.

''Nothing.'' He shook his head still with the same annoying smile pasted on his cheeks. She turned around and focused on the tennis they were playing before.

She could still feel his eyes on her. ''Seriously stop it, Miller.'' She shouted amused while giving her arm a good swing to hit the virtual ball.

''I'm not doing anything.'' he said hurriedly and his voice apppeared distant as he got up and wore the same shirt.

''So are you going to that party?" he asked

"Of course. Everyone's going there except you."

''What makes you think I'm going to stay here?"

"Fine. Do whatever you want." she said angrily charging on the ball.

''Can I come too?"  Callum asked in between the game.

''No.'' Cameron announced.

''No he can't come. He's 14 and it's a seniors party.'' Cameron argued.

''Oh please I used to sneak into senior parties when I was his age. And I know you used to do that too so that's bullshit.''

''That's so unfair. I'm coming too, Ally." ''Okay, but no drinking for you." Cameron warned his brother.

''Deal."

She decided to catch a ride with Cameron and his brother because it was a much easier option. They were walking to his driveway when she declared excitedly,''I'm driving."

''No it's my car I'm driving." She ignored him and snatched his keys to race to the car before anyone else.

''And that's why I hate her." Cameron said with a lopsided smile.

''I know you don't." Callum challenged him.

''Yeah. And how do you know that? I don't remember my brother being a psychic. So you better shut the fuck up." Cameron said in a sudden outburst shocking his brother.

''What the hell man.'' Callum said to himself as he sat down on the back seat.

She started driving speedily enjoying the sound of the engine roaring. She was thoroughly enjoying the luxury SUV. The stereo was tuned to a station playing classic hits. It got a hundred times better when ''I'll be the there for you'' by the Rembrandts started playing.

''Oh my goodness. I love this song!" She said her eyes lighting up. She looked at Callum through the rear view mirror who excitedly jumped and said,''Me too."

They started nodding their heads to the beat of the starting music.
So no one told you life was gonna be this way.

They sang enthusiastically and clapped three times replicating the music.

Your job's joke. You're broke. Love life's DOA. Its like your always stuck in second gear when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year.

They sang the lyrics aiming this verse at Cameron who amusingly shook his head and mummered, ''You're crazy.'' repeatedly.

But I'll be there for you when the rain starts to pour, I'll be there for you like I've been there before. I'll be there for you cause your there for me too.

Callum and Ally ended the song. They tried to sing as sweetly as they could but Cameron's expression showed that they had destroyed his ear drums.

She looked at him absentmindedly and saw him smiling at the distance. The same smile he seemed to carry today.''Why are you so happy today?"

''Nothing. I just realized that I have great friends." He said taking her by surprise. His tone depicted honesty and this simple sentence touched her heart making her smile.

Callum poked his head between the seats and cleared his throat. ''And brother." Cameron added rolling his eyes.

''Since we're great friends and all... Can I take your Corvette for a ride someday."

"Well now you're just using me, Parker" He said in mock disgust.

''Of course I am. I'm only here because you're rich as hell." She said jokingly.

''I know you guys are just taking advantage of me... No but seriously even I don't get to drive the Corvette. It's my dad's favorite."

''Oh yeah. Remember that time he almost chased you all round the town because you took his baby." Callum told the story making Cameron laugh with nostalgia while Ally attentively heard their story.

''Oh... Those were good times." He added as they reached the house. Callum had jumped as soon as the car stopped. He was surely excited for his first high school party.

The two of them got out and stood for a moment before she observed some guys coming towards him. She quickly handed him his keys, ''Take care of that back, you dumbass."

He nodded with a salute and continued, ''Just give me a call we'll go together. We're going the same anyway."

The party was going awesome for Ally and her friends. She had a few drinks but not too much and they were dancing and just messing around. She had talked to Callum and he was having a great time; he also got a girl to dance with him. Cameron wasn't dancing he was just talking to people. Rebecca was there too with her friends. She glared a few times when they passed by each other. Ally still didn't understand why was she so possessive about Jake even though she dumped him. And the way she was trying to get her away from him proved she was a crazy obsessed person.

She was busy dancing when someone tapped on her shoulder and she turned around to see a blonde girl of her age. ''Ally?'' she asked loudly over the music.

Ally nodded and she told, "Some Jake guy is calling you upstairs second door."

''What? Who told you?"

''I don't some guy told me to tell you...'' she trailed while going back to wherever she came from.

Too many questions popped in her mind. First was Jake actually here and she didn't know? Why didn't he call her himself if he needed to talk? What was so important that he called her alone? Pushing her doubtful thoughts she wondered if she had to stop watching all thoses crime solving TV shows and turned to take advice from her friends.

''Oh my god, Ally. He's calling you alone. You know what that means." Some of her friends said teasing her.

''I didn't see him coming. Maybe he came just now. You should go and see." Becky answered when she asked her about Jake's whereabouts.

She was still skeptical about the whole idea but she didn't see any harm in checking. When she reached the first floor hallway, it wasn't jam packed, instead only a few people were there talking in the corners. She reached the second room and twisted it open.

Suddenly a hand grabbed her and pulled her inside the dark room. She tried to let out a scream but she was pressed to a wall with a cold hand covering her mouth. She didn't have the time to comprehend what was going on but she tried everything to get out of the strong hold.

She kicked her legs wildly trying to hurt the person and pushed against their body but it was useless as she was pressed into the wall again. This time with even more force making her shriek out a muffled cry. Two more strong arms stretched her hands above her head making her even more helpless. There wasn't just one person surely there were three of them. She could feel someone's warm breath against her ear.''Sh sh.'' A deep unknown voice whispered making her shiver.

She tried again to wriggle out of his hold but he pushed her again towards the wall and pressed himself against her. Her heart rate went violent as she felt his breath on her neck. He wasn't touching her skin but it was enough to send shivers down her spine.

He slowly moved to her cheeks; his warm breath lingering there for a long while. He moved to her left ear again and whispered, ''You know exactly why you're here.''

--
A/N: Ahh guys finally done with this chapter. I typed every word on my phone twice because the first time I didn't save it. And it was so hard because I had to think twice. But I'm glad this is over. I hope you liked a little action. So just wanted to say four words. Shit just got real. And I'm sorry for any spelling, spacing or punctuation errors. It just very difficult to check r

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.6K 33
Luke Adams wasn't interested in the Kissing Game until his crush, Ella Baker, says she'll only date the guy who wins the game. But no one will pass h...
189K 7.2K 40
Secrets come with a price. Asia Cassidy is about to learn that secrets aren't free (and are not that easy to keep either). Once you're in it, there...
286K 3.8K 68
August and Ethan have been bestfriends since the day they met at Ethan's seventh birthday party. And now, twelve years on, their friendship continues...
5K 720 54
Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened to want directions to the Principal's o...