Faith of a Necromancer(Sequel...

By Matturse

This is the sequel of Hope of a Necromancer (so if you haven't read the previous book please read it. It will... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Invited
Chapter 2: The friend request
Chapter 3: Midnight Attack
Chapter 5: Big Travel
Chapter 6: The Combination
Chapter 7: Fighting for a piece
Chapter 8: Nemesis
Chapter 9: Hunting the honey
Chapter 10: Day of Doom
Epilogue

Chapter 4: Looking For Help

6 2 0
By Matturse

The separated magic force island was being slowly armed by the people who were invited to the tournament. Matt's friends were helping with the trap planting, while he has gone to get help.
Miyuki was in her dorm, doing some researches about the ruined crystal. Since she hasn't found anything helpful during her investigation, she has gone outside to join the others.

"How is it going?" -Miyuki asked.

"Fabulous! We are currently working on putting traps on every inch of this island." -Greatsaw replied.

"What about you? Found something?" -Sharah added.

"Nothing... I can't really focus that much ever since my... um... since Matt left."

"He will be back with help, I'm sure he will succeed!" -Greatsaw told them.

"Guys, there is one little thing we haven't discussed. When the night comes, how will we make sure nobody attack us?" -Sharah wondered.

"That is our job, we will have to split into two and half an hour shifts till the next morning. One of us will stay awake for the first two and half hours. Then, he will wake one of the other two to take his place. Finally, the last one wakes up and does the final watching shift before morning." -Matt's crush said.

"Nobody likes this... but it's the best for all of us."

Greatsaw sighed, but agreed.

"I hope Matturse is doing well too." -Sharah added.

Meanwhile, far from the separated magic force island, Matt was walking to the castle's entrace. He got stopped by four guards, aiming their blades at him.

"Stop right there!" -one of them spoke.

"Please, I need to see an old friend."

"What is your name?!" -another one asked.

"Matturse..."

"On your knees! Now!"

Matt kneeled down as he was ordered to and two of them grabbed him by the hands. The others were leading the way to the temple.

"Come on Algenix! Where are you?" -Matt wondered.

"Guys! Release him!" -a familliar face started running from the golden colored castle towards them.

"Y...Yes Sir." -a guard answered.

They let him go and moved into the castle, leaving the two of them behind.

-Oh, Algenix..."

Matturse pulled him into a hug.

"Hey... What's up?"

"Uh... I wish I could have told you everything much earlier."

"It's never too late... talk to me." -Algenix replied.

Matturse looked down, closing his eyes.

"A new evil has risen, my guy. Someone who wants to take over the whole world, just like Vicnitar. I can't make it by myself, there's too many of them." -Matturse said.

"Don't worry, I will have your back... let's go. You will tell me everything on the way"

The two old buddies started walking away from the castle, talking about the new threat.

"So, there is this supernatural person, who wants to become unstoppable and rule with her army. The thing is, she is familliar to me. An ex girlfriend of mine that I never told you about."

"Michelle?" -Algenix asked.

"How do you know? We parted ways before I met her."

"You know... back then I wasn't totally on my father's side... I did feel guilty for betraying our friendship. So I kinda... watched you two when you had your good time... I'm sorry."

"It's fine, you're now on my side. Anyway, I still remember her words. She said she will be back stronger to take revenge. Now, she is chasing the only thing that will make her gain much power."

"The overpowered crystal of the four sides?"

"Yes. Sharah texted me a few minutes ago and said that it very likely still exists. We believe it's located somewhere in those four separated parts of the island. If that's the case, I must find them before her."

"You mean, we must find them." -Algenix corrected him.

Matturse sighed.

"So, what's your plan?"

"Michelle was bitten by the first werewolf that ever existed. Now, ever since the first has been killed, she is in charge of leading the werewolf army. I want to take advantage on that and find the werewolf's worst enemy." -Matturse explained.

"Vampires?"

"Exactly, but it's a really far path and you know how Fanga is, she hardly ever accepts a free help. However, she is our only hope for now, excluding the tournament competitors."

"Tournament competitors?" -Algenix said, raising an eyebrow.

"I have left that part behind, sorry about that. After the city's condition was stabilized, Greatsaw, Sharah and I received an invite to a tournament. In the beginning, everything was fine, until Michelle's warning panicked them all. Then, we all realised that this wasn't a real tournament, but a trap. The anouncer of the tournament was actually the one working for Michelle to lure us in."

"Wow, that's too much..."

"It is..." -Matturse told tim.

At the same time, Michelle and her werewolves sailed to Australia. Sinking the ancors of their wolf painted ships, they were about to jump on the ground.

"We arrived! I can't believe it took us so fast to get here!" -Yakshin said with excitement.

"Calm yourself, honey. We don't have to spend all the energy that fast. We aren't anyway in our greatest shape after this travel. We'll call it a day, sleep and tomorrow, the party begins! -Michelle replied.

They took a nap on the boats and slept like babies.

In the meantime, at the magic force island, Sharah was having her guarding shift, while the rest of the people were sleeping in their dorms. She was watching through the telescope, spying the sea.

At some point, she heard a noise in the woods that made her suddenly turn around.

"Stupid squirrels..." -she said while turning back to the telescope.

She looked for a little longer and then...

"Boo!" -Greatsaw jumped in front of the tepescope's spy hole, making Sharah jump.

"AAAAGH!"

She fell on the grass while Greatsaw bursted into laughter.

"What?! Are you insane?!"

"Come on darling, It was just a jumpscare!"

"Oh my god! Don't do that!! Its creepy!" -Sharah said, pushing his chest with her palm.

"I'm sorry, I am here to tell you that your shift is done, its my turn to watch now"

"Okay... just take your guarding shift, I had enough for today... good night my love"

Sharah kissed him on the cheek and went inside her dorm room.

Greatsaw turned to look through the telescope as the hours were passing calmly, without problems.

Meanwhile, Matturse and Algenix made it to Fanga's castle. There were many vampires, guarding the outside.

"Here goes nothing..." -Matturse said.

"Let's go with our arms raised to show them that we mean peace." -Algenix replied.

They walked towards the castle, kneeling down with their heads. Vampires rushed towards them, blood dripping from their fangs.
Gathering around them, they surrounded the two partners.

"You are trespassing on private property, humans! You better turn around and go back to the place you came from!" -one of them spoke.

"We know and we apologise... but we need your help..." -the necromancer replied.

"Then if you dare asking for help, ask Queen Fanga herself for that!"

Algenix and Matturse stood up, walking with the vampires around them inside the huge mannor. The Vampires inside the building looked at them with opened mouths... drooling... ready for a bite.

They made it in front of a giant door.

"In here, pray not to become our dinner!" -the Vampire said, swinging the door open.
A beautiful lady with red eyes was sitting on a huge comfortable armchair. She took a look at the vampires, then she eyed the other two.

"What is this?" -she asked firmly.

"Your highness, these two mortals said they need help from us"

The lady giggled, taking a sip of her glass with a red liquid inside it.

"Really? Haven't really seen such bravery from humans before. You can go guys, I'll talk to them." -Fanga said.

The vampires headed out and closed the door, leaving the three of them inside.

"Well well well, I see you want help from our mighty kind." -she added, walking around them with crossed arms behing her back.

"That's right, Queen Fanga... we are sort of desparate." -Matturse replied.

She raised an eyebrow, staring at him.

"So, can you state the exact reason why you need help?"

"Michelle and her werewolves are planning to steal the crystal pieces. Since they are turning to more of them, it will be impossible for us to stop them without getting assistance." -Algenix explained.

"Those monsters think they can do whatever they want?! It will be our pleasuse to help you... but what do we get in return? I wonder..."

"Look, Queen Fanga. You do realise we came without money and special weapons, right?" -Matturse spoke.

"No! No! Not this kind of help..." -she leaned closer to Algenix, sniffing his neck.

"Your friend is... fresh... and tasty..."

"No... you won't turn him to one of yours!" -Matturse stepped in front of his friend.

"You catch on quick! But unfortunately, you misunderstood.. He won't become a vampire, I'll just feed on him, take a little bit of his lovely blood"

Matturse and Algenix exchanged eye contact.

"I don't know about this, mate..." -Matt told him.

"It's all good, if its a pain that will last just a bit, I am fine with it, we need the support after all."

"I got your hand, squeeze mine if you feel pain"

They accepted and Fanga licked her lips, then stabbed Algenix's neck with her fangs.

"Uff!!"

"I'm right here" -Matturse reassured him.

Fanga was drinking Algenix's blood, happier every time she swallowed more. At last, she let go of him.

"That was... intense." -Fanga said, smilling at them with her lips full of blood.

"You will have our help." -she added before they took their way to exit.

They got out of the vampire castle and soon enough, they were in the town again.

"Did it hurt a lot?"

"It was a little more painful than a needle, but I told you it was fine and worth it!" -Algenix answered.

"I guess you are right. Come on, we need to find a place to stay the night."

"I've already found one!"

"I don't get it, Algenix"

"In the woods!"

"Heck yeah, count me in!"

They ran to a forest nearby and lied down to a tree.

"Goodnight, brother." -Algenix said.

"Sleep tight, man." -Matturse answered.

They fell asleep, hearing the sounds of an owl.

In the morning, Matturse woke up and Algenix wasn't there. He turned his head to the left, he saw nothing. Turning right, he saw next to him a weapon. It was nunchucks, in grey and black color. Matturse picked it up and took a closer look at it.

"Is this Algenix's?"

"No, it's yours."

Matturse heard a familliar voice near him. It was Algenix, carrying steak for their breakfast.

"I remember that today is your birthday so... I got them from a weaponsmith nearby. These are for you, your new friends, since you came unarmed." -Algenix added.

Tears of happiness ran out from Matt's eyes.

"Algenix, I..."

But before he could say anything else, Algenix hugged him tight.

"You don't have to thank me... we should have always been like this. It was the least I could do, after everything."

"Thank you, Algenix..."

After a while, they let go and started eating.

"So? What happened ever since you went to that tournament?"

"At first, I met this girl... Miyuki. I thought she was a necromancer, but it appears that she's a living being that comes from the moon. Anyway, she was openly hostile towards me because of her past trauma and I don't blame her. But later on, we were fighting against each other and she was about to fall..."

"But you saved her." -Algenix finished his sentence.

"Exactly, then we hung out to eat and that night we had a visit from the werewolves. After their warning, people started murmuring and I got the microphone and spoke to them about it. But the anouncer of the tourmament cut me off and said that I was a suspect for the incident. He locked me into a cell and my friends freed me eventually. As we were trying to escape the tournament, he threatened to kill us and the rest competitors heard him. They joined us and in the midnight, the werewolves attacked. When Miyuki realised we wouldn't win, she had to reveal her true identity. She casted moon light that caused the werewolves to retreat. She was exhausted and I took her to the dorm room, where she explained everything. Of course, I wasn't mad at all, I knew she was going through a lot. That's when I realised I have the chance to be her guardian. I promised that I will protect her and... oh well, we hugged." -Matturse explained.

"Mmm... that's some juicy stuff. So, is she your new girlfriend? -Algenix asked him.

"Yes, I mean no! Look... we just met each other... but I swear, I won't let anyone hurt her!"

Matturse hit his fist on the ground and he felt something crawling inside his skin.

"Woah Matt, what was that?"

"Nothing.. It's just that every time that I think of her... I feel like I'm somehow stronger than what I am. It's not just my crush on her... It's way bigger than that." -Matturse said, looking down with a sad face.

"I just hope they are doing alright..." -he added.

Near Australia, Michelle and her men were awaken, ready to raid the country and kidnap the machine creators.

"Remember the plan, some of us stay here and be ready to tie them up! While we ask for 'help' from them and lure them all in the trap!" -Michelle said.

"This will be some bad stuff! Muahahahah!" -her companion,
Yakshin, chuckled while dozens of them dropped down.

They marched towards a building and outside there were people, building huge vehicles. Michelle and some of her followers approach them.

"So, you are the ones who build these amazing huge machines that are useful in many things?" -Michelle spoke to them.

"Haha, you nailed it, girl! That's us!" -one of the builders replied.

"That's great to hear! But.. you see, we are a group of we... I mean people, who came for a visit down here. We come from europe and I think one of our ships has broken down..." -Michelle looked to the ground, pretending to be sad.

"Aww. Guys, I think we should see what's the problem, maybe we can fix it!"

"Isn't it dangerous to leave our building store unprotected?" -another one said.

"Come on! It's not like we get this kind of visitors every now and then" -the builder who spoke first insisted.

"I guess you have a point, let's go!"

Michelle smiled and they guided them to the ships.

"That's the ship!"

She pointed to hers.

Dozens of builders climbed the ship's ladder and got inside. When they went further, a group of Michelle's followers surrounded them.

"Huh?" -a builder was confused.

Then without hestitation, they jumped on the machine creators, tying them one by one.

"Hey!" -one of them spoke.

But it was too late. Michelle's men tied them tight and covered their mouths with tapes.

"So, it was really rude of me for not introducing myself! I'm Michelle... I am the werewolf queen. Don't worry! I'm not gonna hurt you! I just need a little help from you!"

Michelle's servants grabbed the poor tied builders and went back to their factory. They surrounded them in order to make sure nobody escapes. Then, some of them released the tied men, taking off the tapes aswell.

"If you help us build three big drilling submarines, you will earn your freedom! If you try to scream, We will turn you into werewolves. You won't even have the chance for a regret! You will be a new breed with a new life, forgetting who you are! It's up to you, mortals!" -Michelle added.

The surrounded builders look at each other uneasily, then they dropped sighs.

"Like we have a choice... we will work on the submarines, right away" -a builder answered.

"A very wise desicion! Be aware not to try anything! There are werewolves all around you, hungry for fresh human blood!" -Michelle told him.

She looked at the sky, before speaking again.

"Soon, our kind will become unstoppable. We will get those crystal pieces and nobody will be able to stop us! Not even Matt and his stupid, foolish friends!" -Michelle said, thinking of the next few hours.

Chapter 4 has come to an end! I hope you are loving it so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834 67 56
Daithey's family is dead, and now his uncle has been kidnapped into a strange new world. Meeting his new friends, Daithey must help save his helpless...
449 9 46
They were friends. Not so close friends, but they were still ready to help each other if necessary. Have met there, had a rest there. And all this is...
1.5K 65 32
COMPLETE! The Sequel: A Different Kind of Despair, is now UP AND RUNNING! I see myself as a gentle soul. I like sunlight, warm air, and gardens; secr...
702 66 12
This is a story about an adventure of a 17 year old boy, named Matturse. He has the power of necromancy that he has inherited from his deceased grand...