Reborn (Apollo x OC)

By lavishlife

The oracle gripped her hair and slowly tore it open through its tangles. Her clouded eyes met Zeus's lighteni... More

Introduction and Characters
Chapter 1 "Islands of Ice."
Chapter 2 "Glaciers."
Chapter 3 "The Titaness."
Chapter 4 "The Girl."
Chapter 5 "The Gods."
Chapter 6 "A Name..."
Chapter 7 "Preservation"
Chapter 8 "Blood and War."
Chapter 9 "The Sun see's all."
Chapter 10 "Plotting."
Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."
Chapter 12 "Love."
Chapter 13 "Camp what?!"
Chapter 14 "Punishment."
Chapter 15 "Titaness to Demi-Goddess"
Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"
Chapter 17 "The Gift"
Chapter 18 "Silver Arrow"
Chapter 20 "An Ancient Love"
Chapter 21 "A Promise"
Chapter 22 "God of Whining"
Chapter 23 "Change of Plans"
Chapter 24 "A Terrible Promise."
Chapter 25 "Unresolved Feelings"
Chapter 26 "Prying Eyes"
Chapter 27 "forced into confession"
Chapter 28 "Golden Eyes, Frozen Tears."
Chapter 29 "The Imposter"
Chapter 30 "A Warm Touch"

Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"

4.4K 143 17
By lavishlife

"It looks like you've retained some of your powers at least." Smirked Artemis.

I looked at my hands nervously, they were still covered in the Doe's blood. "I... I healed it. It ran away like nothing happened." I stammered.

Artemis nodded. "From what I heard, Zeus only took half of yours, Apollo's, Ares' godhood." She briefly explained.

I looked back towards Artemis. "I'm not worried about that though. This box, I don't know what to do with it. You have to help me."

She chuckled and stuffed the dagger into its holster. I squeezed my lips into a thin line and waited impatiently for a response. "I can't help you." She finally said with a shrug.

"Take it back! Put it back in it's place!" I begged.

She shook her head, "If I show up with Pandora's Box they'll assume I took it."

I groaned and sat down against a tree. "So I'm stuck with it. At least tell me what to do."

"Gods aren't allowed to interfere in Demi-god issues, you need to find out on your own." Said Artemis.

"Why are you even here then." I said crossing my arms.

At this point she's just messing with me, she's no use to me right now and I need to focus on getting rid of this box.

"Like I said before, I want to see what my dear brother was throwing a fit over."

This was my chance to ask what Apollo's deal is. She's his sister, she would know surely... I took my chance and pressed her for answers about him. "What do you mean throwing a fit over?" I asked crossing my arms.

She smiled, "You. He talked about you non-stop, complaining and ranting."

"But why? We weren't that close... nor have I done anything to intentionally upset him."

"My brother is very sensitive... and falls easily. As in fall I mean fall in love. As you know he has quite an unfortunate history of lovers... anything that breathes around him and doesn't worship the ground he walks on he takes an interest in. You, something that came from his prophecy and his oracle; of course he'd take an interest in you. All those nymphs and muses throw themselves at him, they worship him. But he gets ultimately bored of them and they're not exactly qualified at being life long lovers..." Explained Artemis. I underestimated how much she knows her brother, they are twins after all...

"So what you're saying is... because I'm not throwing myself at him and I'm apart of one of his foretold prophecies he's... in love with me." I chuckled a bit. "He does not love me. He resents me and has treated me with anything but love."

Artemis sighed. "Normally he would be extremely pushy and almost obsessive when it comes to a potential lover. However, he's been broken down so many times and lost 2 of his greatest loves. Perhaps he's afraid of being broken down even more and losing you. He has this mindset that anything he becomes attached to is condemned to death."

"So... he wants to hate me."

She nodded. "Knowing my brother he's not good at ignoring his feelings... he'll come around."

I frowned and clenched my fists, "What about me though! Perhaps I don't feel the same way-"

Artemis's eyes went ablaze, "He'd fbetter not hear you say that. You're lucky I'm more patient than he is. I'm going to assume that with time you'll feel the same way, until then it would be best if you refrain from hurting my brother."

I felt challenged but I also knew I wasn't powerful enough to argue with her. I bit my lip and held my tongue. Essentially she's giving me no choice, she's threatening me. it occurred to me that this isn't the first time Artemis has gotten involved in Apollo's love affairs drama. She's been known to punish those who are unfaithful to him or break his heart.

Her face softened. "He's not so bad... It would be nice for a change if he stuck to one lover rather than chasing multiple. It's awfully dreadful having to hear him cry about his broken heart time after time."

I stood up and brushed off the crumbled leaves on my pants. "I need to find a way out of here."

"You don't even have a plan Shiva." Retorted Artemis.

"Don't criticize me, especially when you refuse to help me." I snapped.

"I did say we aren't allowed to interfere with demi-god issues... however, I will say that my brother and that brute are out looking for you. I suggest you try to regroup with them." Said Artemis.

I turned to look towards her so I could question her further but she was nowhere in sight. I was alone again. Alone and hungry. I should've asked for a snack...

I began walking again. As much as I wanted to avoid Apollo and Ares... I needed them. I was practically helpless and it would be a relief to have more help.

ARES POV

I was looking forward to getting the hell out of this place. It smelt like the shit, the cabins were filled with loud snoring brats, and they didn't even have bbq here. This is not what I call a camp. A good camp involves solitude, bbq'ing, bitches, and tents.

Blondie was packing a bag with all this unnecessary shit; tons of clothes and plants. I shoved a couple cans of root beer in mine with a dagger, handgun, jacket, and food. It took me less than 5 minutes!

"Hurry your ass up, the brats probably dead already." I growled.

Apollo glared at me over his shoulder for a moment and turned back towards his bag. "Calm down, it's been 5 minutes." Apollo sighed.

"I'm dumb but I ain't stupid. I finished packing 15 minutes ago!" I challenged.

Apollo chuckled and shook his head, "you're dumb but you "ain't" stupid? Really?"

I clenched my fists. He better not test me or he'll regret it. "The hell you even putting in there?!" I said motioning towards his bag.

As Apollo finally zipped the bag closed he explained its contents, "Clean clothes, medicine, medical herbs-"

"You're predictable." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm surprised you even know what predictable means Ares... now let's stop wasting time and get on our way." Apollo said as he slung his bag over his back.

I shrugged and we started making our way to the camp entrance. Chiron and Argus stood there as if they were waiting for us. Apollo stopped and glared at Argus. What'd the 100 eyed bastard do?

"He has the audacity to show himself?" Sneered Apollo. It was fun watching Apollo tear into people. I must have not been paying attention because I have no idea what the hell is going on with Argus.

"We've already questioned him, he doesn't have any answers." Chiron said as he stepped between Apollo and the giant.

Apollo scoffed and went to walk around them, Chiron stopped him. I hate small talk. Can't we just leave?

"Are you sure about this...?" Said Chiron.

"We're pretty damn sure. Now leave us the hell alone." I growled and shoved past him, I was already past the gate. Apollo didn't hesitate either and was right behind me.

When we turned around the camp we knew stood there was invisible, hidden from the human eye. Hidden from us now.

I turned towards Apollo, "Where to next blondie?"

"I don't know. Let's keep walking and find some clues, maybe a gas station too." Said Apollo.

APOLLO's POV

I peeked at Ares over my shoulder as he trailed behind me. He was whistling to himself and observing his surroundings. Sometimes I wonder what goes on In his thick skull. Does he have the capacity to even process thought or experience consciousness? I narrowed my eyes and thought closer to home. I recalled that moment when him and Shiva shared a kiss. I remember the anger and betrayal that ripped through my chest. I had no right to feel betrayed but still, that brute has no right laying his hands on someone like her.

I quickly turned around and decided to tease him a bit, maybe get some information out of him. "I'm surprised you opted to join me Ares. I was sure you hated Shiva." I said with an exaggerated sigh.

Ares stopped whistling, "Who said I hated her?"

I felt annoyance rise up my throat. "That must mean something. You hate everyone Ares, yet you don't hate her then?" I pointed out.

Ares groaned, "If you're worried about me messing with your bitch pipe down. I don't want her."

I snapped my angered gaze on him, "You sure as hell seemed like you wanted her when you violated her face!"

Ares burst into laughter. After a few moments of amused coughing he collected himself, "Is that really what's getting your panties in a bunch? It didn't mean shit to me. Besides, we only did that to make Aphrodite jealous."

"Yeah... to make Aphrodite jealous." I said rolling my eyes.

"Which turned out horribly for you both." Said a seductive female voice. It was non other than Aphrodite. She was trailing behind us wearing a flowly sundress and beach hat, her hair sat in curls rested on her shoulders and sunglasses hid her captivating eyes.

"For gods sake, do you guys have nothing better to do than follow us!" Growled Ares. His face was blazing red with embarrassment.

"Well, I do have someone better to do but I saw that the goddess of the moon was entertaining herself with the prude." Sneered Aphrodite. I knew immediately who she was referring to when she said prude.

I stopped in my tracks and faced her demanding answers, "Where is she then?!"

"What in the hell do you mean doing "someone"!" Growled Ares. His fists were clenched at his sides on the verge of breaking it seemed.

Aphrodite smirked. "I'm not obliged to tell. I'm just providing you two with my beautiful presence-"

"Well we don't need you! We have blondie here." Said Ares with a confident smile.

"You think I'm beautiful?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Ares' face fell as he realized what he had just implied. "N-no!"

"Can I finish without this brute interrupting me! I have more to offer than just my looks." Whined Aphrodite.

"Continue."

"In addition to providing my beautiful presence, I wish to provide some assistance in finding the girl... despite not being allowed to. You see, Zeus is busy and in a fit of rage. He couldn't be bothered with a goddess meddling. With the exception of Shiva..." Aphrodite explained as she picked at her nails.

"What do you mean he's in a fit of rage? Is he still angry about us-" I started.

"Well, no... He's angry because Pandora's box is missing. It's tragic, truly." She sighed. "It's quite cold out here... and it's a long walk."

With a snap of her fingers a rose colored chariot came rushing out of the woods, two white horses pulling it. "Let's continue this conversation wrapped in blankets and moving at a much faster pace."

Authors note

Thank you guys for reading! Can't believe this story has reached 10k reads! I'm so glad everyone is enjoying it. Make sure to leave a comment with your opinions or criticism, I'll respond when I can! Also vote and follow me account for updates.

-Emma

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434 53 13
There was a time when Antheia feared death above all else. After all, what else did a goddess have to fear? However, after thousands of years, she k...
33.9K 1.1K 35
"Kiss me." He whispers. "I-I don't know how...I've never done this before." I frantically whisper and tilt my head. My nose slightly brushes again...
62.9K 1K 36
It's been 5 years since the last battle happened. The Earth became so peaceful that they thought that there will be no more wars will come, but that'...
69.3K 1.6K 43
Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love and Beauty is forced into an unwanted marriage the very evening she emerges from the sea. While Hephaestus is not terr...