Somebody's Monster

By BeauVanDalen

A tale of mystery, thrill, and erotic love. Vance Steward only wanted to start over. His wish was granted - b... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19 [Censored Version]
20
OFFICIAL RELEASE, OUT NOW!

00

365 13 1
By BeauVanDalen

The crash rumbles throughout the ship as the groaning of metal rings in my ears. Howard's mouth moves yet sound doesn't follow. He points to the back of the docks. His eyes are wide and glossy with fear. I bang my fist against the glass of his fighter, ignoring the sight of the monster, whose tentacle reaches for us.

I scream. I tell Howard not to go. As I take a step forward, and try to open the hatch, four strong arms hold me back. Luenos's words find their home in my mind. < Please, do not be lost with him, > he says.

And I hate it. Because Howard is right in front of us. He isn't lost yet.

But Luenos is right. Nobody could survive that thing. Howard won't survive that thing.

I take one last look at Howard, at the emergency pod detaching itself from the dock, before turning around.

Luenos's hold on me softens. A low growl slips past his sharp teeth. < Sorry, > he says.

From behind him, the headlights blink.

Someone has sounded the alarm.

Blinds dangle and fall over windows surrounding us as the emergency lockdown begins. A loud roar erupts from the outside. The ship shakes. Howard's fighter turns into a speck amongst others as he flies into a nearby sun, urging the Kraken far from our ship.

A faint explosion—an ominous cloud in the distance—is the last thing I see before we are cut off from the rest of the world and thrown into darkness.

Luenos's breaths brush the nape of my neck as he tries to stifle small grunts with two of his hands pressed to his jaw. And I wonder if this is his way of grieving; if this is how aliens cry when they have no eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 12.8K 26
|| Description edited. || "I'm just an ordinary guy. There is nothing special about me." Ashton constantly told himself. Ashton was the only gay kid...
4.1K 321 12
LGBT/DYSTOPIA: Luke and Aiden escape the small community they helped build years after an apocalyptic event devastated the world, leaving the survivo...
83K 9K 45
Ravi has tried to do everything right his whole life. It hasn't paid off, and he's stuck working for his ex-boyfriend while said ex-boyfriend moves o...
28.8K 2K 30
SCIENCE-FANTASY/ ROMANCE The new kid was different from anyone else Joe had ever known. Someone who seemed to be trying to fit in by standing out. Wh...