Love in the 21st ~ Jay Halste...

By KylieeePalmer

Kylie platt, niece of Trudy Platt, is transferred to the infamous 21st district where she meets who could qui... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Not an update!

Seven

7.1K 123 5
By KylieeePalmer

When Burgess and Atwater said they had found the car, they meant they had found the car with the driver shot dead in his seat, although a coffee cup with lipstick stains was left in the cup holder, after some more research  we'd found out thy at it was the guys wife, whom me and Jay were currently questioning.

"So you have no idea why your husband was shot dead in his car? The day you drive down to  Chicago?" Jay asked leaning against the window in the break room as I sat at the table opposite her.

"No! He was a good guy, he never hurt a soul." She told us wiping away a stray tear that had fallen. "I don't know what happened I swear. We drove down here and I went shopping, I don't know what he was doing." She told us looking up at Jay with pleading eyes.

"You believe her?" I asked spinning on my chair to face the break room where the widow, Clare, sat in the break room nursing a cup of coffee after we'd spoke to her.

"Not completely." He shrugged sitting on the edge of my desk, just as the gate leading to intelligence slammed shut and a pissed off looking Ruzek came up the stairs.

"What's up with you?" Erin asked as she looked up from her computer, probably jumped because of the gate slamming, I know I did.

"All this shooting shit, it was a good shoot why can't they just let me get back to work and forget about it." He mumbled slumping in his chair at his desk. "And don't get me started on the councillor business, waste of time, I'm fine." He said twirling a pen with his fingers as he leaned back.

"It's just protocol, finish the report and you'll be back in the field, simple really." Erin told him shrugging before getting up and heading into Voight's office, knocking and entering for a second before coming back out. "Where's Voight?" She asked confused.

"I thought he was in there, the blinds were down." I said just as confused, I didn't see him leave.

"I'm gunna go find him," She said grabbing her coat. "Finish the report Ruzek." She pointed at him before leaving.

"Yeah, yeah." He grumbled looking down at the papers in front of him for a second before continuing to write.

"Holy shit." I jumped as the phone on my desk started to ring, I placed a hand on my chest trying to get my breathing back to normal as Jay laughed and reached over picking up the phone.

"Officer Platt's desks how can I help?" He said still laughing slightly before he went serious. "Oh hey Sarge, yeah she's here, alright we're on our way." He said quickly before hanging up. "There's been a shooting, three more bodies all with our bullets." He told me walking over to his desk grabbing his coat.

"I'm coming." Adam said jumping up and grabbing his coat, not having a chance to put it on before I ruined his plans.

"Nope, you gotta stay here and finish your report before you can go back out on the field." I told him pointing down at his paperwork. "Plus someone's gotta keep an eye on her." I said motioning to the woman still sitting in the break room.

"See ya bud." Jay grinned patting him on the shoulder laughing as Adam sighed and flopped back in his chair.

——————

"What have we got?" I asked Dawson as me and Jay arrived at me the scene, I could already see two bodies lying on the ground.

"Three bodies, all shot with our bullets, all mid level gang bangers for the east side." He said as he walked us past the bodies and over to Voight, as we passed the third body I spotted a phone hanging out of his pocket.

"Hey, have you got a rag or a glove?" I asked nudging Jay while still looking at the phone, realising that I'd left mine in my desk.

Nodding his head he reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of leather gloves, slipping my hands into both of them I crouched down and slowly pulled the phone out of the guys pocket. Pressing the lock button it unlocked straight away without needing a password, silly drug dealers, looking through the call history one familiar number popped up.

"Sarge!" I called standing up and turning towards him as he and the rest of the team came over. "This number look familiar to you?" I asked holding the phone up for them to see.

"It's the drivers." Olinsksy said after reading the number. "The widow must've lied." He said receiving mods of agreement from everyone else.

———————

"Alright, let's go through this again." I sighed walking back and forth infront of Clare who was sitting at the table opposite in the interrogation room.

"I've told you everything already." She Ssaid looking between me and Jay.

"Yeah, I don't think you have," I said taking a seat next to Jay who was sat opposite Clare. "How do you explain the fact that your husband was making calls to gang members? Just this morning aswell." I asked leaning back on my chair.

"You wanna know what I think?" Jay said nudging me, me nodding at him. "I think that it used to be a bit of weed, maybe some coke, then you got greedy and started bringing guns over, sound about right to you?" He said looking away from Clare to me.

"Okay, listen, I had no idea what was in the trunk, I swear, I told him I was going to go shopping but I met up with an old friend." She said leaning forwards and resting her elbows on the table. "An old boyfriend, I even meant him five hundred dollars." She said tapping her finger on the table a couple of times. "My husband was supposed to meet up with his nephew, oh god Mikey doesn't even know." She groaned putting her face in her hands.

"Does Mikey have a last name?" I asked leaning forwards, placing my hand on her wrist pulling them away from her face slightly, enough for her to nod.

"Mikey Ganz, he's our drivers nephew and the main man of a crew that brings in and sells millions of dollars worth of guns and drugs." Jay informed us as he put a picture up on the board. "If we can get to this guy, we can get these bullets off the streets." He said pointing at the picture.

"Alright, Al, Ruzek, you're up." Voight said nodding at the two. "The rest of us will be close by, be ready to move if anything happens."

———————

"So, tell me why you've been so happy today." Erin said as she put the binoculars down, we were currently sat in the car watching as Al and Adam waited for this Ganz guy and the guns.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking away from her and out of my window, trying to look inconspicuous.

"You know exactly what I mean, ever since this morning you've had more of a skip in your step." She said leaning against her window and facing me, sighing I moved to face her the same way.

"Okay, Jay kissed me." I told her quietly, a slow grin forming on her face.

"How was it?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows at me suggestively, at the same time Voight's voice came through the coms.

"Here he is, get ready." Focusing back on the job at hand I grabbed the binoculars and watched as Ganz walked over to Al and Adams car before telling Al that he wants him to go with him alone, which of course he did with no hesitation, leaving Adam standing at the car as they drove away. "Follow them." Voight's voice came through once more and we was off, following the car until it pulled up at a warehouse half a mile down the road.

As Ganz shows Al the guns and the bullets I could almost sense that something wasn't quite right. And as always I was right, shots started firing as we all stormed into the building taking down the gang members, Al would have been shot by Ganz himself if it wasn't for Adam running over and firing just a millisecond before Ganz had.

————————

With the case closed the team, minus Erin, was at Molly's celebrating Adam and Wendy's engagement, although I'm not quite sure why it's taken us so long. I was sitting at a table towards the back of the bar with Kim and Kevin when Jay had walked in, eyes instantly finding mine as I tried to hide the smile and blush that was forming rapidly on my face.

"What's going on there?" Kim asked leaning over the table from her spot opposite me and nudging me, small smile on her face, Kevin distracted by something on his phone so thankfully he wasn't paying much attention.

"What do you mean?" I shrugged nonchalantly sipping my drink and avoiding eye contact.

"You and Jay, come on spill." She said, looking over her shoulder at Jay who was stood next to Adam, Al and Wendy at the bar.

"Technically nothing, we kissed that's all." I said feeing the blush rise rapidly to my cheeks, unable to hide that and the smile on my face.

"Look at you breaking the rules." She teased making us both laugh, the two drinks we'd had sort of contributing.

"What are you two laughing about?" Jay raised an eyebrow as he took a seat next to me, arm casually resting on the back of my chair, just as Kevin put his phone down.

"Nothing, just girl talk." I shrugged looking at Kim and laughing slightly again, watching as he raised his eyebrows and took a sip of his beer. "How's it going over there?" I asked nodding over to Adam and Wendy who look like their in a bit of a disagreement.

"Al dropped the fact that Adams working intelligence, he's just trying to dig himself out of the hole." He explained chuckling slightly.

"Ohh, guess I better start planning his funeral then." I sighed dramatically only to burst out in laughter two seconds later, the rest of the table joining in.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Adam all but repeated Jay as he made his way over taking a seat in the only spare chair on the end of the table.

"Nothing man, where's Wendy gone?" Kevin answered making me realise that she was no longer in the bar.

"She's pissed man, she's gone home to cool off." Adam shrugged like it was no big deal, guess he doesn't know that he probably should've followed her.

"What colour flowers?" I asked looking at Adam with a small smirk on my face.

"What? For what?" He asked confused as he looked between me and the others.

"For your funeral." I said unable to stop myself from laughing. "But seriously though, if you still want to be engaged in the morning, I'd go find her." I said after I'd calmed down.

"You are a horrible person Kylie Platt, you know that?" He told me pointing his bottle at me. "You're right though, I'll see you guys tomorrow." He rushed throwing a few dollars down before grabbing his coat and practically running out of the bar.

"God, he's an idiot." Kim groaned to herself with a laugh.

"Isn't every man?" I said with a smirk looking at Jay slightly.

"I'm sorry what?" He said as though he had misheard me.

"What?" I asked innocently taking a sip of my drink just as Kevin stood up.

"I'm gunna head out, you're aunt's got some kind of 'just for us' assignment in the morning." He sighed as he grabbed his coat from the back of his chair.

"Hey! You love her really." I winked with a laugh as he smiled sarcastically.

"I'm gunna head out aswell, see you guys." Kim said standing up and grabbing her coat before her and Kevin left the bar leaving me and Jay.

"So what was that about every man being an idiot?" He asked turning slightly so he was facing me, me copying so I was facing him.

"What? You think just 'cause you've pretty blue eyes you don't count." I asked looking down at me drink blushing as I realised what I said.

"So you think I've got pretty eyes?" He asked leaning in a bit closer to me, fluttering his eyelashes.

"Well you do." I admitted as I unconsciously started to lean closer aswell. "But you're still an idiot." I whispered.

Slightly nodding his head and humming in agreement he closed the gap and placed his lips on mine, his hand coming to cup my face as mine rested on the base of his neck. The two of us moving in perfect sync, butterflies erupting in my stomach and my heart feeling like it's about to burst, it was pure bliss. All to soon he slowly pulled away, keeping his face only a few centimetres away from mine, eyes flickering between my own and my lips before he leaned in once more.

"Hey Hank, what can I get ya?" Otis's voice floated across the bar causing us to pull away quickly and put a bit more of a gap between us, I could feel the blush on my face as Voight looked over at the two of us. He's here for me.

"Platt, Halstead." He nodded at us as he stood infront of our table, staring at Jay until he got the idea.

"Uh, I'm just Uh, gunna go." He mumbled as he got I'm grabbing his jacket. "See you tomorrow." He smiled slightly before turning and leaving the bar, a quick wink over his shoulder before he was out of sight.

"What's up Sarge?" I asked as he took a seat opposite, where Kim once was.

"We need to talk." He said bluntly taking a drink of his whisky.

"Uhm, okay? Did I do something wrong?" I asked concerned as I watched his face contort in some kind of tension before he stood and walked to the bar leaving me at the table confused.

"I need to talk to you in private." He said motioning to the back room.

"Uh, sure." I said slowly grabbing my jacket and following him through. "What's up?"

"Listen, before I say anything, I just want you to know that I didn't know, neither did Trudy and it's not the reason you're in intelligence." He told me putting his hands in his front pockets.

"What? What reason?" I asked confused to what the hell he was talking about.

"I knew your mum, we got together about 28 years ago after me and my wife had separated for a while. Before she met your step dad and moved to New York." He said watching me, me still standing here, the pieces slowly clicking together. "She never told me Kylie, I swear on this unit, I never knew anything about her being pregnant." He said taking his hands out his pocket and putting them on his chest.

"What are you saying Hank?" I asked using his first name for the first time, I'd always called him Voight or Sarge.

"I think I might be your father."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 1K 30
It was looking like a normal day for the intelligence unit of the 21st district, but a school shooting happens that leads them to uncover the dark se...
131K 1.5K 56
~Completed~ *being edited* Im jamie Reagans daughter learn my life, we go through my childhood to teen years and how I meet my future love in the one...
189K 2.7K 85
This story based on 2 years after Erin left to go to New York to take a job to keep Bunny out of jail. I kept Alvin Olinksey alive in the story as we...
73.7K 1K 44
With a "simple" life, a small Chicago city girl calls the police when she notices suspicious activity whilst going on her daily stroll, the intellige...