I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

By Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... More

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Four ½-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼
-Chapter 10-

-Chapter Five-

130 7 21
By Obsessively_nerdy

~We walk a while and talk about the things we'll do when we get out of school~

T.W: V e r y subtle nod to weed, alcohol, and 'off' relationship.

'And he was getting those feelings back, but not for Zoe.'

      After calming Evan down a bit more, and walking him to class, the dismissal bell rang. And Michael didn't even have his stuff; it was still in his classroom. 

      Michael sighed, walking back to his class from before and grabbing his backpack. Once he was walking down the hallway, though, he stopped. 

"The Halloween party? Oh yeah, Jeremys' going. He said he would," Brooke smiled.

"Cool! You dressing up for him?" Chloe smirked suggestively.

"Oh yeah. Get this! I'm going as a sexy dog. Jeremy is honestly such a good boyfriend. I wanna impress him!"

      Damn. How did he manage to get Brooke Lohst?!

      Michael deeply exhaled and turned to leave, when Dustin Kropp came running up. 

"Hey Dustin."

"Yo Michael! You were the one asking about SQUIP's, right?" their voice lowered.

     Dustin had that type of style that everyone's always wanted to be able to pull off. They pulled it off. 

      Black skinny jeans, black beanie that read 'Don't Care' with pins clipped onto it. One that was the polysexual flag, the other gay, a trans one, and a non-binary pin. A red flannel around their waist, a black PANIC! At the Disco shirt, galaxy patterned converse, and it was all topped off with a galaxy patterned backpack slung over their shoulder. 

(My b a s i c a l l y dream outfit. I have the majority of it. Including the galaxy converse and backpack. Those are pretty out of this world 😉 I'll stop now-)

      Michael perked up and nodded.

"Yeah! You got any info?"

"Aw man, do I?  Okay, so I have this friend who's brother had one. He got into Harvard. Super smart and successful."

      Michael's brows furrowed.

"So it's... a good thing?"

      Dustin's eyes widened and they shook their head.

"No way. That guy ended up in a mental hospital."

"W-what? Because he took it??"

"Naw man. Because he tried to get it out."

      Michael's breathing hitched, and he rubbed his fingers together anxiously. (Y'know, like George Salazar does when he performs? No I am not a stalker thank you very much-)

"Anything else you want to know about?"

      The slushie boi sighed, shaking his head before nodding. He had to be at the Halloween party. He had to save Jeremy. But he also needed to know how.

"Yeah. Two things. How do you get it out?"

"Well... Mountain Dew Red shuts it off. And no, I don't know why.  My friend found that out a little too late to save his brother."

"Dang."

"I know. It's some pretty fucked up shit, huh? But what else do you want to know?"

"What's the info on the Halloween party?"

     They pursed their lips.

"It's Jake's party, at his house. 7:00, tomorrow, costume party. All the populars are gonna be there. And me. Mostly because they want their drug and alcohol provider. I'll text you the address."

"Gotcha. Oh. I need another... deal. Next week. Monday. That okay?"

      Dustin nodded, finger gunning Michael with a smirk.

"See ya around!" they called out, walking off.

      Michael nodded, clutching onto his backpack strap.

"Jesus christ, Jeremiah. What have you gotten yourself into?"

~~~

"H-hey Michael."

      Michael smiled as he saw Evan at his locker, leaning next to it as the acorn packed up. 

"Hey Ev. How was your day?"

"...Fine. You?"

"Good."

"G-good! Look, I was hoping that maybe we could miss t-tomorrow? I just... e-everything that's h-happened and I, and I need-"

"You need a break. Don't worry, I get it. I have something at 7:00 that night, so how about we eat pizza, and I drop you off at 6:45 ish?" he suggested as they walked down the hallway.

      Evan nodded with a shy smile.

"Sounds good! Thanks so much, Micha."

"'Course!" he chirped, walking towards his car. 

      He unlocked and started it, throwing his backpack into the back as Evan climbed into the passenger seat. 

"Alright! You ready to finish the Beetlejuice soundtrack? ...Ev?"

      Evan was looking out the window, knee bouncing anxiously, taking deep breaths, and blush spreading across his face.

"Hm? Oh, yeah! Let's finish it!"

       Michael cocked an eyebrow as he drove out of the parking lot. 

"What's up?"

"L-like... everything," Evan sighed with a breathy laugh. 

"Okay... well... you look nervous. Is there something wrong? What's making you so... flustered?" he chuckled.

       Evan buzzed his lips, shaking his head.

"J-just, j-just a normal r-roller coaster o-of emo, emo, emotions. Holy fern," he sighed.

      Michael fought back a snicker at the lack of Evan cussing, smiling at his stutter.

"There's n-nothing wrong, Micha. I'm alri-, alright."

      Michael nodded, placing a hand on Evan's shoulder.

"Hey. No matter what you're feeling, I'm here for ya."

      Evan blushed more with a faint smile as Michael turned on the soundtrack. 

      He was pretty much fucked at this point.

      How the hell am I supposed to maintain this friendship if I can't look at him without flushing like a tomato?!?! 

      There was a multitude of problems for the acorn. For one, Michael's glasses were slowly slipping down his nose, making him look adorable in Evan's eyes. His hair was in messy tuffs at the front, and a small smile spreading across his lips. He-

"Evan?"

"Huh?"

"We're here," he smirked.

      Evan squeaked, realizing he was zoning out on Michael the whole drive, and jumped out.

"I'll pick you up at 10:00 to bring you to my place!" Michael called out after Evan.

      The acorn held up a thumbs up as he walked up to the door, opening it. Michael smiled with a small chuckle, driving off and going back home.

~~~

      Michael groaned as his alarm blared from his phone, shifting as he turned it off. He sighed, picking up his blinky box (George Salazar has called a phone that before. God I love him- XD) and pulling up Evan's contact.

'I'm too lazy to change, so we are officially making this a pajama day.'

      Evan instantly texted back, Michael reading his response with a smile.

'Uh... we were gonna get dressed today?'

       The slushie boi snickered, sending back a '😂 On my way!' and getting out of bed. It was a very big accomplishment for the boi. He looked at himself in the bathroom mirror in all his tired glory, scoffing at himself with a laugh.

      He had one of the worst bed heads he had ever seen, and stupidly tired eyes. He put on his glasses, leaving his room and walking downstairs in his normal, nightly pajamas; black and baggy Pac-Man pants, with a white undershirt. He, of course, threw on his signature hoodie when he woke up though. Because it's Michael and he needs his hoodie. 

      He grabbed his keys from the kitchen counter, walking outside the car and climbing in. He started his P.T. Cruiser, driving out of the drive way and making his way to Evan's.

      When he got there, he honked his horn like he did yesterday, waiting for Evan to walk out with his normal bright smile, watching with one of his own. To be honest, Michael needed this break day too.

      He lit up more when Evan stepped out, eyes instantly widening.

"Oh my god he's wearing a onesie," he muttered to himself, blush dusting across his cheeks. "I'm so fucking gay lord help me jesus christ Michael do not get a crush on your new best friend I swear to god- heyyyyyy Ev!" he interrupted himself as the acorn opened the passenger door.

      It was a god damn bear onesie. (You're welcome Richelle! 😂)

"H-hey Micha! Got any plans for us t-today?"

      Evan was also having a gay crisis, since seeing him with such a glorious bed head and tired expression was heart-wrenchingly cute.

"Yeah... yup! Uh... I was thinking just watch a shit on of movies, get pizza for dinner, maybe play some teenage loser games like truth or dare or never have I ever-"

"C-can we watch 'The Lorax?!'" Evan asked, eyes practically glowing in excitement.

      Michael.exe has stopped working.

      Seriously though.

      The onesie was baggy, making him look smaller than he already was, and the hood that was over his head hid most of his hair except for little messy riffs that poked out. His eyes were shining as his sweater paws hung over his finger tips. Not to mention there were little bear ears poking out of the hood.

Fuck. I'm gay for my best friend.

"...Michael? Are you okay?" he asked, concerned.

      The slushie boi's eyes widened, and he snapped back into reality.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Totally."

"R-really? B-because you were 'totally' staring at my face for a while..." he snickered.

"I-I'm just tired," Michael quickly dismissed.

      Evan pursed his lips and looked out the window with a nod.

"Oh! But we can watch 'The Lorax'  when we get to my place."

     The tree boi brightened, smiling and bouncing in his seat a bit.

     When the bois got there, Evan ran inside and jumped onto the couch, completely forgetting the fact that this was actually the first time he was in Michael's house. That's what the both of them loved about their friendship. It felt so... natural. It was a nice feeling for the both of them.

     Michael snickered and walked in a bit after Evan, beginning the search for the sought after DVD. He let out. A triumphant laugh when he found it, holding up the case and putting it into the CD player. He plopped onto the couch next to Evan after grabbing the remote and smiling.

      Evan watched the beginning scene excitedly, too distracted to notice Michael glancing at him every thirty seconds.

     About halfway into the movie, though, Michael felt a sudden weight on his shoulder, and he looked down. Let's just say he wasn't prepared for such a visual.

     The acorn had fallen asleep against Michael's shoulder, one of the ears on his head poking lightly into second mentioned's neck. Evan's cheeks were squished up into Michael's shirt, a smile on his lips as he began to snore. Michael swore he was having a heart attack at this point, smiling down at him as he pulled a nearby blanket over the both of them. He leaned onto the arm rest of the couch, basically cuddling the other but he just shrugged it off.

      If Evan woke up and asked why they were like this, Michael could just dismiss it and say they probably just shifted in their sleep only to end up that way. He felt himself drifting off, hiding his face into Evan's hood with a small smile.

      Suddenly there were no cares in the world for the two bois. Just the two of them. No school, no unwanted feelings, no Jeremy, no Zoe, no worries (Hakuna Matata-)

~~~

      After waking up, the two of them, after being flustered for a good twenty minutes, they watched a few movies and had a bunch of conversations. Ranging from their favorite bands to what they want to do when they get out of school.

      Next thing they knew it was late (ish), and almost time for Evan to leave. They were on the couch, eating pizza and playing never have I ever while trying to ignore the fact that the day was almost to an end.

"Wait wait wait. So you've never listened to a Beatles' song??" Michael gasped.

      Evan flushed, embarrassed, and shook his head.

"N-no, sorry."

"Don't apologize, Ev! But I am totally playing you a song from them soon."

"U-uh... okay," he smiled.

"Alright... never have I ever... dated someone from school," Michael shrugged quietly.

      Evan looked off to the side in thought, and shook his head.

"Nope. Never have I ever dated a guy."

      Michael blinked, biting his lip and playing with a pin on his hoodie. He put a finger down, quickly talking before Evan could ask.

"Never have I ever gotten a crush, a crush on a friend!" Michael blurted out.

     Evan flushed and his heart sped up as he placed a finger down. Michael, without thinking, placed a finger down tok and Evan giggled.

"Micha... that's n-not how you p-p-play," he teased.

      Michael blushed, shaking his head.

"U-uh... maybe this is our version?"

      Evan nodded, and continued.

"Never have I ever s-stared at that crush w-while they weren't l-looking."

      They both put a finger down.

"Never have I ever eaten lunch with them."

     They put a finger down, blushing at the coincidence.

"Never h-have I ever listened to m-music with, with them."

       Finger down. Since when did they get so close?

"Never have I ever fallen asleep next to them."

      Finger down.

"N-never have I ever w-wanted to, wanted to kiss them," Evan whispered.

      They were both so close, he didn't have to speak any louder.

      Michael flushed, looking off to the side and trying to psych himself to-

      An alarm. An alarm is what stopped them. It went off, and they instantly pulled away in surprise. Michael pressed stop on his phone, looking at the time.

"Time to go Ev. 6:30."

      He nodded, blush still prominent on his cheeks, and standing up.

"O-okay. Let's go, yeah?"

"Yeah."

       Michael sighed as he pulled up to Evan's, pausing 'Yesterday' by the Beatles.

"M-maybe we should hang out tomorrow?" the acorn offered.

"Sounds great," Michael smiled. "And Evan?"

"Yes?"

       Michael cupped Evan's cheek, kissing the other one and pulling away slowly.

"Thanks for hanging out with me today."

       Evan's expression was unreadable; it was a mix of shock, surprised, and... scared. It terrified Michael.

"U-uh... yeah. S-s-see ya!" Evan squeaked, running out of the car and into the house.

      Michael hit his hand against the steering wheel lightly out of frustration. He took it way too fast.

"Shit."

2368 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 52 31
TW: THIS STORY INCLUDE SEVERE ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS. ALSO INCLUDES DEPRESSION AND SUICIDE. This is what it would be like if Connor's suicide neve...
16.1K 1.1K 200
idfk what i'm doing i'm just going to put shitposts here for bmc and deh heere. MUAHAHAHAHA I KNOW THE TITLE ISNT CENTERED IN THE COVER HAHAHAHAHAH i...
226K 8.6K 35
【Completed】 This is a fanfiction of Evan and Connor from Dear Evan Hansen. Treebros, correct? Connor Murphy starts to hang out with Evan Hansen. He w...
39.4K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...