New World || Steve R.

By EvelynBatres

❝How does it feel?❞ I ask. ❝Excuse me?❞ ❝How does it feel to wake up seventy years after the war?❞ I correct... More

One
Two
Three
Five
Author's note
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Sequel

Four

2.1K 59 6
By EvelynBatres

I've been in the lab with Tony and Bruce. Tony... he's not very much the serious type. And if he was, you wouldn't tell. Bruce has been doing his work on the glowing staff as Tony studied me since he practically knows nothing about me. He even commented me such as a,

Ginger horn. A sexy ginger horn to be exact. It was awfully uncomfortable and I wanted to leave immediately. Maybe throw a scream at him before I do.

Because he's annoyingly playful, he zaps Bruce on his hip making him scream, but nothing too crazy where he turns into a gigantic, angry, green beast. Steve seemed to catch that and bust in scowling Tony on the act, but tony is quick to switch up on the topic and turn it around to Nick Fury.

"What isn't he telling us?" Tony asks as I slip off the metal cold table and adjust myself on my feet. Steve glances at me and then back to Tony, "I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asks.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. It's bugging him too, isn't it?" Tony stuffs raisins in his mouth and we all turn to Bruce who seems to not want to be involved into the conversation.

"Uhh... I just want to finish my work here, and..." he trails off not even wanting to make eye contact with any of us.

"Doctor?" Steve says. Bruce stops his work and finally faces us as he takes off his glasses.

"'A warm light for all mankind'. Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce begins seeming to agree with Tony's assumption.

"I heard it." Steve says.

"Well, I think that was meant for you." Bruce says referring to Tony which we all seem to turn to. Tony pulls out his bag of raisins for Bruce and he digs in to them, "Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still over the news."

"The Stark tower? That big, ugly.. building in New York." Tony gives Steve an unpleased look making me snort. I wouldn't say it's an ugly tower, it's more of something I wouldn't pick out as a building design.

"It's powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for, what, a year?" Bruce stuffs a raisin in his mouth.

"It's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now. That's what he's getting at." Tony adds on, but Steve doesn't care for his words.

"So, why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D. bring him in on the tesseract project? What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce asks. This whole talk leaves me left out, as if I shouldn't even be here. I yawn and notice how late it is; I sleep around this time.

"Interesting question, but just because there's a cube with infinity energy source, doesn't mean our energy ain't precious. I'm going to sleep." I butt in as I brush the top of hair with my fingers. I see tony jump his eyebrows and I completely ignore the fact that he did. Bruce gives me a quick glance with a smile before he looks down at the glowing staff.

I turn around and walk towards the door as all their gazes are on me. I feel their eyes making holes into my back forcing me to walk out faster. I sigh and walk to a room that is assigned to be mine. It's nothing great, but I'm not complaining. It's not like I'll be here for a month. I'd kill myself if it came to that.

I settle into something more comfortable, a t-shirt and leggings. I make my hairbrush come to me and it gladly slides into my hand. I begin to brush through my locks and once I finish, I make my toothbrush come to me. I open the door and walk around the hall to find the bathroom.

The halls seem pretty tight. Almost as if you can only fit two people side by side. I make a turn and bump into someone.

"Oh!" I say as I crash into the being. I look up to make contact with Steve Rogers.

"Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to crash into you like that. Are you alright?" He asks. His voice rings from ear to ear and I snap back into reality.

"Uh, yea. I'm just on my way to the bathroom." I say and make eye contact with anything else, but him. Making eye contact seems very uncomfortable, especially now since I've barely made human contact in weeks.

"You know, it's only ten." I feel him looking down at me and I suck in my lips.

"Just cause you slept for seventy years, doesn't mean I can't sleep for at least eight hours." I joke. We chuckle and I make eye contact with him. His eyes, blue as the ocean. His uniform tightens his body. So, his muscles and any physical body attribute he has pops out more than usual.

"Well, I'll leave you to it then." He says breaking the short silence. He makes way for me and I give him a smile. I walk pass him but find myself stopping.

Why did I do that? It's like I want to keep talking to him. I mean, I have no one else to talk to and so far, he's the only person I've kept a casual conversation on this whole trip.

"Steve?" I blurt out. He stops his tracks and turns to me.

"Yes?" He asks.

"Is Nick really hiding things from us? Things that we should technically know?" I ask. The topic back in the lab did leave me hanging with curiosity. Hopefully Steve is kind enough to share with me. He's been kind to me so far anyway.

"That's what I'm about to find out." He says. Half his body is turned to me as if he's in a rush.

"Because it's only ten, can I join? I'll keep look out." I say mocking him. He smiles.

"Come on."

I smile and I walk beside him. As I've said, it only fits two people side by side.

"Kate, Kate do you copy?" I hear my earpiece say. In the other end, it's Nick Fury calling for me. I'm guessing Steve heard it too since he's looking at me now.

"I copy." I say for him. It's awkward how we're trying to bust the guy behind his back while I'm talking to him through the earpiece.

"We need you for a particular set up. Turns out you have the skill of seduction." I shut my eyes at his words. How does he know that? I shouldn't bother asking why, he knows everything about everyone, and it's beginning to annoy me.

"I can only do that if I touch him." I tell him. I look up and see Steve's eyes in confusion. I probably blew off our friendship with this stupid, small, hidden secret. I've not touched Steve and I don't tend to for that advantage. I've only done so on desperate times, which only has happened twice.

"We all know that's not the only way you can do it."

||

I slip into a dark green jumpsuit. Apparently, it's made for me. It's the suit that Phil Coulson mentioned before to me. It's like Natasha's, just sleek and with no gun carriers.

I angrily sigh as how I had to ditch Steve in order to seduce Loki. It's disgusting. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to involve himself with me anymore. I'm a freak that screams and flies and seduces men into a trap.

I already know what to do. Natasha gave me a run down. She was originally going to do this, but Nick referred to me since I can seduce people with just me singing. He knew that I couldn't touch Loki, Nick's smart, I'll give him that.

I walk into the room where Loki is being held in. He's in a big glass container to keep him from doing anything that'll harm us. He hasn't noticed me walking in, so I pretend to walk around as if I'm looking for something or someone. I hum as I do so in hopes that he lusts over it.

"Such a melody. You seem to be lost?" I hear him ask. It has worked. I mentally smile so that he doesn't realize how exciting it was to do that so effortlessly.

"I don't have orders to talk to you." I say as I pretend to keep looking for someone. I peek through a section and then turn back around.

"You're talking to me now." He states. I glare at him for a second and he has an amused look in his face. I go back to looking for a non-existing person and hum again so that he feels lust over it.

"Who are you looking for? Maybe I can help?" I sigh and scratch the side of my head. I walk to him from the other side of the glass. He smiles at me revealing his perfectly straight, white teeth.

"I'm looking for Steve." I say. I'm in hopes that maybe this can turn into a conversation. In fact, I actually want to go looking for Steve. After the conversation over the earpiece with Nick, it got awkward and it felt as if he wanted to stay away from me. I didn't like that feeling, I should rejected this plan and have Natasha do it.

"Steve? The man in blue? What, do you fancy him?" He asks. I feel uncomfortable with him even saying that. I don't fancy Steve or anyone of that matter, "What could he possibly have to have you be drawn into a man such as Steve."

"I'll have you know, he's a kind and honorable man who's saved thousands." I say trying to go along with Loki's annoying words, though what I've said is actually very true.

"You speak highly of him, is this love, McCan?" I can manage this love spell for so long. It only lasts at a range of 2-5 minutes, and I'm running out of time. I can't hum again, it'd be awkward, and I need to get answers from him now. I need to know why he gave himself to us without putting up a fight.

"Love is a strong word."

"But you do feel for him." I clench my jaw. That seemed to have amused him. The seduction has worn off. I have to work this out without making him lust over me now, "Just like how you feel for your dead parents." My eyes widen from how he knows my background story. He has a huge grin on his face which makes me only want to punch it off him, "Oh, yes, McCan. I know about your parents."

"How did you-"

"Barton has pulled out a file of you. Pretty shocking how your parents have died. Car accident, right? Yes, Barton has told me all about it." This seems to be the only humor he's been getting since he's gotten here. He must be this bored to torment me.

What the hell did I get myself into? I didn't know he'd hit me in the core like that. The thought of bashing his head really seems to amuse me now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 573 11
A year after S.H.I.E.L.D. has fallen, Freya and Steve's relationship is stronger than ever. Completely in love and true best friends, they won't let...
13.1K 911 79
Everything changed after New York. For starters, the entire world learned that aliens and superheroes existed. Some were even in our midst. From tha...
15.9K 528 13
A xreader fanfiction. Any gender reader. You were trying so hard to hide your powers but with each passing day it was getting more difficult. Until o...
65.8K 2.5K 21
The curtain around the hospital bed slides open to reveal an African American man with warm eyes. He walks in with an easy smile and a white man step...