Moonlit

By darkeningg

© darkeningg All Rights Reserved. honestly this "novel" is awful but i'd like to come back to the writing sc... More

Extended Summary + A/N
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five (Jake's POV)
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
final author's note
NEW STORY

nineteen

2.9K 143 74
By darkeningg

dedicated to eluetheromania because she's the coolest/raddest/hottest lil fuck i know and if u don't check out her story, Outcasts i'll chop off ur nipples and stick them to ur eyelids

ALSO! sometimes imma do this thang where you guys comment and whoever's comment i like most gets the next dedication.

so, most heartfelt comment on this chapter gets the next dedication!! (if no one does this i'm gonna chop off my own nipples)

"So, Sunday?"

"Sunday." Lifting myself off the lawn that stretched out towards the school's steel gates, I dragged Jake up by his hands. The sun swallowed his eyes, making them look lighter than usual, and I smiled when he did, his lip ring also glinting.

"What if I can't last that long? A whole Saturday without annoying you," he said, his tone light and playful.

"You're welcome to climb through the window. I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble in catching me in my underwear again," I grumbled sarcastically, trying to mask the grin that played at my mouth.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "You were pretty hot, though."

"God!" I shoved on his chest, only earning him to rock back the tiniest bit. Letting go of the fact that I used His name in vain, I swiveled around and proceeded to my bus ride home. 

"Sunday!" he reminded, calling after me.

I stuck my hand up, waving a goodbye without turning around.

Seating myself down on the rough seats of the bus, I sneaked a peek out the tinted window.

Finding Jake leaning against a tall oak tree, his eyes were on the ground, a faint smile lingering on his lips. As he shrunk out of sight, I asked myself what thought could be so blissful that it had the power to carve itself into his skin.

“Jake is such a pleasant boy,” mother remarked for what felt like the tenth time that afternoon. I stabbed a piece of broccoli, scraping the fork across my plate.

Mom.

“It's mother to you.”

I sighed, and then tried to force a polite tone so I wouldn't cause any more trouble with her. “Mother, I know. You've said that he's lovely, and wonderful, and intelligent, and all that already.”

“He's applied for a well-paying job before finishing school, how independent! I won't be surprised if he gets the job.”

I thought back to seeing the cigarette smoke unfurling from his mouth as he informed me of his drug dealing business. If only she knew.

After I didn't reply, she said boldly, “You know what I think? I think that I like him better than you, Tahli. I don't mean to be rude, but I like him better as a person. I like his attitude towards things.” She didn't look at all ashamed, like it was a typical conversation.

“Wow. Thanks,” I muttered under my breath. I didn't raise myself.

Pushing myself out from the kitchen table, I brought my leftovers to the sink and began treading my way up the stairs.

"Oh, could you bring down the laundry basket from your room?" mother shouted. I rolled my eyes up to the ceiling before replying with an agreement.

Entering my already opened room, I walked straight over to the empty basket and took it into my arms.

"So she likes me more, huh?"

Shrieking in surprise, the basket tumbled out of my arms as I spun around to the voice that wasn't supposed to be there.

Registering that it was only a wide-eyed Jake, I muffled my screams by placing a hand over my mouth.

Okay, only was an understatement.

"You bastard!" I whispered loudly, hurling the basket at him. He batted it away with his arms.

"Tahli, are you alright?" mother's voice travelled up to my room. 

"Um," I said, furrowing my eyebrows at Jake, "Yeah! I just dropped the laundry basket on my foot."

"Oh, could you bring it down please?"

Sighing, I turned to Jake. “What are you doing here?” I snapped, making sure my voice was lowered. 

“I—"

“Wait, let me just put this downstairs.” I grabbed the basket and ran over to the door. Right before leaving, I jutted to a stop and pressed a finger my lips to indicate to not make a sound.

Scrambling down, I settled the item inside the laundry and glimpsed out the small window. Mother was sliding on her gardening gloves in front of the garden.

Relaxing in knowing that she wouldn't be able to hear me, I sped back up the stairs frantically.

Shoving myself inside, I closed the door as quickly yet as quietly as I could, pressing my back against it and sliding down from exhaustion.

Only to clamber myself back up after seeing Jake examining my underwear.

“You are so immature!” I exclaimed, suppressing a giggle. Grabbing the pink material from his grasp, I stuffed it back into the drawer beside him. 

“How come there wasn't a matching bra?” he asked, smirking. I recalled putting the matching piece on this morning, and I knew that he knew it too.

“Don't girls, like, have to have it coordinated, or something?” he questioned.

I was about to reply a refusal, but stopped myself after remembering that he was in my room. Again.

Not that I didn't entirely dislike it, though.

I folded my arms, seating myself down onto my bed so I could face him. “How the hell did you get in here?”

His body seemed to sink more into the sheets, only exaggerating his unanticipated presence. "That window of yours comes in handy in so many ways. Ever thought of fixing it?"

Doing something between a groan and a laugh, I looked over to my unlatched window. Outside, there was a tree with thick branches climbing up its sides, and I assumed that he had gotten up that way. "I have, actually. But why come here?"

He shifted his body closer to me. "I lasted four whole hours without you—I deserve a medal, by the way—and the boys and I were making some money nearby, so I thought I would drop by, since you invited me and all."

Flopping my torso onto my legs in frustration, I burrowed my head in between my knees. "I was being sarcastic! And making money, what, by selling drugs again?"

"Tahli. I'm only going to continue that until I get a job, okay? Stop making it sound so bad." He squeezed my hip in reassurance, but all I could think about was how he was better than this.

"If you could just wait until you find something better—"

"We've been through this before."

I picked at the loose threads in my sheets, my legs swinging off the side nervously. "I know, I know, but why Dan? Why Mitch? Don't you think they're a bad influence on you?"

"They're not influencing me. I have my own mind and I make my own choices." His voice wasn't rough, but rather calm. He was being mature about how he spoke, but how did he expect to convince me anything when I just wanted to scream in his face that he was doing the wrong thing?

"Then how come you're different when you're around them?"

Smiling, he said softly, "I'm not different around them. I'm just better when I'm around you."

We fell silent for a minute or two, my brain hushed at his contrasting perspective. The only sound heard was the lonely hum of the wind, and I was quite happy just to breathe in the comfort of his company.

Finally, Jake released a chortle, shaking his head at a thought. "I was just thinking: That girl at the club was so up herself. What was her name again? Annabrat?"

I was both relieved and disappointed that he had changed the subject, but as soon as I thought of the egocentric Annabelle from last night, I was glad someone had the same view point. "I thought it was Annabitch, but yours has a better ring to it."

We both dissolved into laughter. "And that Drink or Dare game sucked ass," Jake mocked, "I bet we could have more fun playing it with just the two of us."

"Okay," I agreed, not giving much thought to it. Mother was outside, and he was already here, so why not? "But no drinking—Mom could come inside any moment and I'll have to hide you inside the damn closet." 

"Truth or dare, then. Do you wanna go first?"

"Um, okay. Truth or dare?"

He hesitated for a moment. "Truth."

Crossing my legs onto the bed, I asked the first question that sprung to mind—the question I had been longing to ask ever since we kissed. "Who's Ava?"

His eyes immediately clouded, his lips wavering. He furrowed his eyebrows, and I instantly regretted asking it, thinking that I should've made a slower approach.

I was under the impression that he wasn't going to answer, but he eventually let out a long sigh and took both my hands into his. "A-ava." It seemed like it pained him to say her name. "Ava is a girl no longer part of my life, and I hardly doubt will ever be again. She's not important anymore, but that's all I'm going to say. I'm sorry."

Those were the words I wanted to hear. I was positive that he used to love her—well, his version of love. She was a girlfriend, and when he kissed me it was like kissing her.

Although jealousy was beginning to taste like bile in my throat, I tried to accept it as much as possible.

I tightened my grip on his hands, and when he looked into my eyes, his own began to grasp onto the tiniest bit of warmth. "It's fine. It's okay. Thank you. W-would you like to keep playing, or...?"

"No, no, of course we will. We can just forget about that. Okay. Um, truth or dare?" 

Trying to make him happier with a bright expression, I answered, "Dare. But no stripping."

He laughed, and I truly hoped it wasn't forced. "Alright ... Back to Annabrat. I dare you to do an impersonation of her."

I raised my eyebrows as if to say, seriously? but he merely urged me with a, you have to, look.

Exhaling, I placed my hands on my hips and brought my shoulders back, accentuating my breasts. He glanced down at them and quickly back up for half a second, but I was still able to catch the distinctive movement of his eyes.

Trying to ignore what he just did, I said in a high pitched voice, "Okaaay, uh, since you didn't do the first dare of kissing Tah-lee over there, I'm going to be an inconsiderate fuck-twat and dare you again. So kiss me!"

And so he did. I had never been much of a poet, but when his lips crashed onto mine I swear all I could see around me were crashing waves, and if he was the ocean, then I would willingly drown in him. 

Holding my waist, he lowered me gently onto my back so I was below him, and the only weight upon my shoulders now was a poem all dressed up in flesh and bones, a poem that was so God damn kissable

I eagerly glided my tongue over his piercing, but just as I was about to pry open his lips, they moved to my jaw. He planted soft kisses along my skin, slowly trailing down my neck gingerly. I sucked in a sharp breath as he moved over the still recent hickey, reminding me that he wanted me to be his.

"You're so warm," he mumbled, nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck. 

Squirming at the touch, I giggled. "That tickles."

There was a loss of contact, and I opened my eyes after realizing they were shut. 

"Do you want me to stop?" he asked, his pupils dilated.

"No!" I blurted in desperation.

But not just desperation for anybody. Desperation for him.

"Then what do you want?"

"I-I want you."

And we were kissing again. He began similar to before, with soft pecks and affectionate caresses. At first, I thought that when I was going to try taste what was past his lips, he wasn't going to allow me, but I was soon having peppermint and cigarettes along my taste-buds and I didn't believe that it could get any better than this.

One hand began to intertwine into my hair, the other roaming over my body. Familiar yet so unfamiliar with this, my heart raced against his as he felt under my blouse, pleasurable groans filling our mouths.

He cupped the curves of my chest—under the shirt but above the bra—and I couldn't help but try to remember the last time I felt so elated.

"Tahli Rose Brooklyn, what do you think you're doing?"

cliffhanger haaah

guys u have no idea how awkward it is for me to write a kissing scene.

no. idea.

pls vote and/or comment and u can get a jake moon at ur nearest target/walmart at half price woot woot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 29.1K 37
#209 Random 06/20/16 #931 Romance 06/24/16 #893 Romance 06/25/2016 #864 Romance 06/26/2016 #1 Awards 02/25/2019 #4 Nerds 02/25/2019 #19 Awards 09/25...
1.3M 32.1K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
15.4M 410K 97
He was completely and utterly oblivious to everything that he had caused and she absolutely hated him for that. [UNEDITED] [DUAL POV] TW: eating dis...
52.9K 2.1K 51
IN WHICH a girl's heart yearns earnestly for a boy who doesn't deserve her. *extended summary inside* [a series of text messages] (third story in my...