The Color Of Love Series [Edi...

By Thischickisbomb

It all began with a damn school project and from then on the fire was lit between Jake and Alyssa. Their love... More

The Color Of Love Chapter 1
The Color Of Love Chapter 2
The Color Of Love. Chapter 3
The Color Of Love. Chapter 4
The Color Of Love. Chapter 5
The Color Of Love. Chapter 6
The Color Of Love. Chapter 7
The Color Of Love. Chapter 8
The Color Of Love. Chapter 9
The Color Of Love. Chapter 10
The Color Of Love. Chapter 11
The Color Of Love. Chapter 12
The Color Of Love. Chapter 13
The Color Of Love. Chapter 14
The Color Of Love. Chapter 15
The Color Of Love. Chapter 16
The Color Of Love. Chapter 17
The Color Of Love. Chapter 18
The Color Of Love. Chapter 19
The Color Of Love. Chapter 20
The Color Of Love. Chapter 21
The Color Of Love. Chapter 22
The Color Of Love. Chapter 23
The Color Of Love. Chapter 24
The Color Of Love. Chapter 25
The Color Of Love. Chapter 26
The Color Of Love. Chapter 27 Complete
The Race For Love. Chapter 1
The Race For Love. Chapter 2
The Race For Love. Chapter 3
The Race For Love. Chapter 4
The Race For Love. Chapter 5
The Race For Love. Chapter 6
The Race For Love. Chapter 7
The Race For Love. Chapter 8
The Race For Love. Chapter 9
The Race For Love. Chapter 10
The Race For Love. Chapter 11
The Race For Love. Chapter 12
The Race For Love. Chapter 13
The Race For Love. Chapter 14
The Race For Love. Chapter 15
The Race For Love. Chapter 16
The Race For Love. Chapter 17 FINISHED :)
Keeping Our Love Chapter 1
Keeping Our Love Chapter 2
Keeping Our Love Chapter 3
Keeping Our Love Chapter 4
Keeping Our Love Chapter 5
Keeping Our Love Chapter 6
Keeping Oor Love Chapter 7
Keeping Our Love Chapter 8
Keeping Our Love Chapter 9
Keeping Our Love Chapter 10
Keeping Our Love Chapter 11
Keeping Our Love Chapter 12
Keeping Our Love Chapter 13
Keeping Our Love Chapter 14
Keeping Our Love Chapter 16
Keeping Our Love Chapter 17
Keeping Our Love Chapter 18 (Completed)

Keeping Our Love Chapter 15

19.6K 285 33
By Thischickisbomb

vote/comment/tweet/like

sorry for any mistakes :(

Enjoy!!!!!

 I lay on the bed flat on my back. I listened to Jake as he spoke. He had rolled my shirt up and he laid his head against my belly which had begun to protrude but only a little bit. It was barely noticeable under clothes. He brushed his fingers across my stomach.

"Listen up little Reagan or Jaxson" He said. We had decided on the name Reagan for a girl instead of Sabrina. Jake told me that that was the name he really wanted even though it was a dead president. I'm pretty sur ei would learn to love it.

"I really can't wait until you're born. If you are a Jaxson we are going to play sports and have man time. If you are a little Reagan we can still play sports, but there will be no man time. You and your mom can have girl time" He said. I chuckled causing my stomach to shake.

"You to girls can talk about all that womanly stuff, but you will not talk about guys. You are not dating until after you are married" He stated. I laughed.

"Jake how can she not date until after she's married?" I asked him.  "Doesn't she have to date to find that guy she wants to marry." I told him.

"That's not the point" he stated. I laughed.

"So what is the point?" I asked him.

"The point is for her not to date. I don't want any guy's breaking my little girl's heart" He stated.

"Hmm that's funny coming from you" I stated.

"Don't go there Alyssa," he said.

"What? I'm just saying" I replied.

"Of course you are" He said kissing my stomach. He pulled my shirt down and then he laid his head on my chest and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I really can't wait to find out what we are having." Jake stated.

 "I hope it's a Jaxson" I told him

"I hope it's a Reagan" He stated. I laughed.

"Somebody is not going to get there way" I told him.

"It doesn't matter. I'm happy either way. I mean I just excited about having a kid. Once we figure out the gender, we have to go shopping for the baby." He stated. He was so cute when all he talked about was the baby and he went into this fatherly mode.

"What about our wedding?" I asked him.

"What about it?" he replied.

'Should we wait until after the baby's born or what? I mean I would like to be able to fit into my dress and I don't want to rush the wedding and try to get it in before I start gaining weight." I told him.

"Whatever you want" He replied. "It doesn't matter to me. I mean you could wear one of those flowing dresses" He stated.

"Can we just wait?" I asked him.

"Of course, whatever you want" He said lifting his head up and pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back intertwining one of my hands in his hair. He pulled back from me.

"I should let you get some rest. We have to get up early in the morning" He stated. I groaned and he laughed at me.

"Come on it won't be that bad Alyssa. What's the worst that could happen?" he questioned.

"Our parents could try to kill us" I told him. He laughed at me.

"Be rational" He stated. "Just don't worry about it and get some rest." I sighed. Jake reached over and turned off the lamp next to the bed. I rolled over on my side and Jake wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me tighter against him.

I thought back to so many years ago when Jake's parents and my parents found out about us. Gosh those were not good memories at all. I remember Trish flipping. She called me trash and said that I was below Jake and that I wasn't good enough for him and my parents had basically said the same thing just vice versa. I remembered how Jake had kissed me in front of the whole school all those years ago saving me from Trevon.

I remember everyone acting as if I had some sort of disease. It was pretty pathetic. I dwelled upon how my best friend had acted. I believed that tomorrow was going to end up the same way. Trish was going to over react. She was going to be furious that Jake even brought me there. She was going to be even madder when  she found out that me and Jake planned on getting married and were having a baby. I thought about telling my dad about the baby. I wondered how it would go. I had definitely planned on telling my mom, I was hoping that he wasn't going to be there when I told her.

Me and Jake had both decided that we would tell our families and give them a chance to be in our lives and also the babies, because a baby could change a lot of people's minds. If they didn't want to try, we would just forget about it and when they came around we would decide where to go from then.

I wasn't going to keep trying to persuade them to accept the relationship me and Jake had.  I had other things to worry about, like my soon to be born baby, or my upcoming wedding. I found myself smiling at the thought of having and being a family with Jake. It just seemed so right. I just hoped that neither of our parents would ruin anything that we had, because I was prepared to stick it out and be with Jake until my forever was dismissed.

 I stood in front of the full length mirror and examined myself. I really wanted to look nice. To be honest I don't even know why I was going through so much trouble to look nice for Jake's mom. I really don't think I was. I think I was doing it for the rest of his family.

I turned around and looked at my backside. I really liked these hotel mirrors they were great. I examined myself in the dark denim blue jeans and the red sweater. I tightened the black belt that encircled my torso. I grabbed my black pumps out of the suitcase and slipped them on. I grabbed some black tear drop earrings and put them on. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed at the finish product.

Who was I kidding? This was such a bad idea. Jake's mom was going to flip. I knew that Jake's mom wasn't expecting me. I didn't know if she was expecting Jake or not. I don't even know If she knew that me and Jake had gotten back together. I was pretty positive that she was going to flip, when she saw me. The only thing that would cause her not too is the amount of people that were at the party.

Jake  came out of the shower with a towel tied around his waist. He looked me up and down.

"You look great Alyssa" He stated.

"Thanks" I muttered. Even though I knew his mom would think that I looked like trash. Jake walked closer to me.

"No Jake, go get ready" I demanded. He groaned and began digging through his suitcase. We were actually running kind of late because of Jake. I sighed and sat down on the bed waiting for him.

Once Jake finished getting ready we headed to his mom's place. I was so nervous. I really didn't want to end up arguing with his mine and I didn't want there to end up being this big scene. I just wanted everything to go smoothly. I chuckled. In my dreams! Jake glanced at me giving me a weird look.

"I'm just thinking" I told him. He nodded his head and turned his eyes back to the road.

We pulled up in front of Jake's house and there were a bunch of cars lined up on the side of the road. Damn being back here brought back memories and they really weren't good memories. My mind mainly kept referring back to when Jake and his mom argued in front of me and how she kept telling him that I wasn't good enough for him and that I was below him.

I sighed as the car came to a stop. Jake turned the car off and I didn't move. He looked at me.

"You ready?" He asked. You would think that we were going to the cops to confess that we had committed a murder.

"Yea" I replied. He opened his door and I did the same. I emerged from the car and walked around  and stood next to Jake. He laughed.

"Calm down" he said. "I promise you that nothing drastic will happen" He assured. I nodded even though I  didn't really believe that. He grabbed my hand and we walked up to the house. He opened the door and we walked inside.

The sounds of voices chatting and glasses clinking surrounded me.

"Jake" A voice immediately called out. I turned to see where the voice came from. The guy walked closer to me and Jake. He let go of my hand as he went to hug the guy.

"What's up man" Jake said to the guy.

"Nothing much" he said looking at me.

"Alyssa this is Donny my cousin and Donny this is Alyssa my fiancée." Jake informed.

"Nice to meet you" he said shaking my hand.

"You too" I said.

 "Dads here, he has been asking about you like the whole time we have been here. You know you are his favorite nephew" The guy stated. Jake laughed.

"Is he drunk already?" Jake asked.

"Maybe "Donny replied. Jake laughed.

"Alright I'll catch up with him" Jake said. "it was good seeing you though Donny" Jake muttered.

"Yea you too" Donny said walking away "And by the way dude she's fine, way better than that Tiffany chick" He muttered. I don't know if I was suppose to hear it or not but I did. Jake laughed and then slipped his arm around my waist.

"Let's introduce you to the entire family" he said. I nodded and began walking.

 I drank some of the drink that Jake had gotten me. I swear that I had met over a hundred people. Jake's family was really crazy especially his Uncle Lenny. He kept hitting on me, but Jake ignored it and laughed it off. I think it was because Uncle Lenny was drunk.

 Most seemed not to care about the color difference and others gave me weird looks but didn't really say much.  We had not yet encountered Trish which would be the biggest obstacle.

I sipped on the alcohol free drink, since I was pregnant and Jake was way paranoid. I leaned my head on his shoulder as Jake spoke with his brother Wess.

"So I'm guessing mom hasn't seen you yet because I haven't heard about a domestic dispute happening yet" He stated. I laughed.

"Naw we haven't crossed paths yet" Jake stated.

"Oh...... so I'm about to go make some spiked fruit punch, you guys in" He asked.

 "I'll take some but Alyssa won't" Jake said.

"Jake" I groaned. "You can at least set an example" I told him.

"Why can't she have any?" Wess asked.

"It's bad for the baby," Jake replied.

"NO way, damn! I'm going to be a uncle. Well congrats to the both of you" He said hugging the both us.

"Thanks" I muttered while laughing.

"Well I guess I'll go fix us some punch Jake and umm I'll get you some water Alyssa" He said laughing. Jake laughed along with him and I slapped his shoulder. He pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his lips against mine.

"I love you" He said.

"I love you too Jake" I said as I pushed my lips back against his.

"What is she doing here Jake?" She asked, Jake pulled away from me and responded.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You know got damn well what I mean," His mom said in a hushed tone.

"No I don't! Isn't this a get together" He asked.

"Yes a get together for the family," His mom stated.

"Well Alyssa is family, she's my fiancée" Jake replied. I held my breath.

"Jake are you stupid?" She questioned.

"Are you?" He replied. She looked taken aback.

"Jake leave my house right now and take your trash with you" She said.

"Don't talk about her like that. It gets old mom" Jake said raising his voice. " I mean why can't you just except her."

'Why should I" His mom shouted. People were starting to look our way.

"What do you mean why should I?" He said.  "Maybe because she's the girl your son plans to marry and spend the rest of his live with happily or maybe it's because she's going to have your grandkids." He added. "Do you want to be in your grandchildren's life?" he asked.

"Not if they are coming from her." She stated.

"You know what you are so naïve, ignorant , and just plain stupid. How can you act this way? I mean why does it matter so much what color I am. If your son is happy you should be happy. If you want to act like this, I don't want you in my child's life. She doesn't need someone with such a negative attitude" I stated.  " I've tried being nice, I've tried the second chance thing, but you take advantage of it, so from now on it's whatever. I'm through with it. We will send you an invitation to the wedding and we will send you pictures of the baby but from now on, you are going to have to be the one who needs to step up"  Jake smiled at me.

"Get out," His mom said.

"You're pathetic" Jake said to her. He grabbed my hand and began to leave. We walked out of the door. Jake pulled me to the car. We got inside and Jake ran his hand over his face.

"You want to go visit your parents? We might as well kill two birds with one stone" he stated.

"Yea I guess so" I replied. He cranked up the car and put it onto gear and we were off, on to fight the next war.

I got out of the car as we reached my mom's place. I was wondering if Dad would be here. I knew that they were divorced and everything, but it still seemed like they hung out a lot. I really didn't want to have to keep repeating me "get with it or get loss" speech.

I got out of the car and began to walk up the driveway with Jake by my side. Once I reached the door I knocked.

  The door opened and revealed my Dad.  Jake interlinked his hand with mine.

"Hey Dad is mom here?" I asked.

"Yea she is" He said as he stood in the doorway.

"Well can you move out of the way so I can talk to her?" I asked and demanded.

"I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to talk to you."He stated.

"Well I'm pretty sure she does, so I would appreciate it if you moved." I said. Jake looked at me surprised. I was surprised at myself. I really had no clue where all this was coming from.

My dad still didn't move. He just stood there as if he was pondering his options.

"Mom" I yelled.

"Is that Alyssa" I heard her call out and not long after  she appeared in front of me.

"Alyssa" She said pushing my dad out of the way and giving me a hug. " Hello Jake, How are you." She questioned.

"I'm good Mrs. Lewis and you" He replied.

"Well I guess I'm gone be alright" She stated.

"Come in" She said ignoring the dirty looks my father was passing at her. He just needed to build a bridge and get the hell over it.

I walked inside and pulled Jake along with me.

"Are you hungry or thirsty" My mom questioned.

"I think we are good" I replied looking at Jake and he nodded.

"So what brings you down here" She asked.

"Well we went to Jake's house for a family get together and we thought we would come see you too before we headed back" I told her.

" And we thought we would share some good news with you also" Jake blurted. I gave him a look. I had plan on working my parents up to the news.

"And what is this good news" My dad questioned.

"Well it's nice to see you to dad." I said.

" drop the sarcasm Alyssa" He demanded. I ignored him.

"Anyways MOM how have you been?" I asked her.

"What's the damn news Alyssa" My dad questioned.

"You'll never find out if you keep being rude and interrupting her" Jake said.

" Don't talk to me like that especially in my own house. You can leave for all I care." My dad said.

" This isn't your house" I stated.

"Since when?" My dad asked.

"Since you and mom got a divorce" I stated.

"Me and your mom never divorce, since you know so got damn much. We were separated only for the time being" He stated.

"You told me that you were getting a divorce" I said to my mom.

"I thought we were" She replied. I sighed.

"So what's the good news?' My dad asked again. Gosh he was so annoying.

"Me and Jake are getting married" I told him.

"How in the hell is that good news." He asked. " You are marrying....him" He said looking at Jake.

"And what's wrong with me?" Jake asked.

"You don't deserve my daughter" He stated.

"Okay and who does?" He questioned. " Trevon" He stated.

"Deserves her way more than you do" My day said. If only you know.

"So a guy who hits and pushes around you daughter deserves her more than a guy, who has never laid a hurting hand on her in his life. The guy that loves her and treats her right. The guy that wants to be with her forever" Jake finished.

"Alyssa is that true? Did he hit you?" My mom questioned.

"Yea ma" I replied.

"How come you didn't tell us" She asked. " Alyssa that relationship would have ended then and there" She said.

"I'm sorry, I----"

"What did you do wrong?" My dad said interrupting me.

"Are you serious" Jake said raising his voice.

"Yea I'm serious. I'm curious as to why he would do that. She had to have done something" He said.

"There is no reason for him to put his hands on her. There is no reason for any guy to lay a hand on a girl" Jake said. I was still shocked by the question that my dad had asked. What kind of man was he? Most dad's would be racing over to the guy's house right now with their gun. Did he not believe that it was wrong.

"You have to keep them in check" MY dad stated.

"What? Are you serious? Mom does he hit you?" I said thinking that I had put the puzzle pieces together. "Has dad ever laid a hand on you?" I questioned. My mom looked away.

"Leave him!" I shouted. " Is that why you wanted a divorce?" I asked.

"You're mom wanted a divorce because she was no better than you sleeping around with white men." My dad stated. I gasped. Somehow at this moments our lives seemed to play out an episode of a soap opera. Is that why my dad didn't want me to be with Jake because he was mad at the white guy that mom had cheated on his with. I wonder how long ago did this all start.

"Mom is that true" I asked.

"Alyssa......." No other words left her mouth.

"Why did you side with dad?" I shouted. "Why did you take his side and try to keep me away from Jake just because he was white?" I asked. I wanted to know. How could you keep me away from the guy I cares about just because of his color when you were seeing a man of a different color.

"Because that's what your dad wanted me to do" She replied honestly.

"You are a sad excuse for a father" I stated.  "I came here to try to keep you in my life. I came here to give you a chance to try to be a part of your grandchild's life but you don't deserve it. I don't even think I want you to be a part of my child's life. You should definitely leave my mother's house right now, because as of right now you are separated and soon the divorce will be final" I told him.

"You are not kicking me out of-" He started.

"Do you need for me to call the cops? I'm sure they would like to hear mom's point of view of how you hit her" I said. He looked from me to my mom. He took his  loss and grabbed his keys and left the house.

"Mom I'm so sorry" I said pulling her into a hug.

"It's okay hunnie" She said rubbing my back. I pulled away from her and a smile lit up her face.

"So you are about to be welcoming a baby" she said as she rubbed my a stomach. I smiled and Jake laughed. She looked at Jake.

"And I'm about to get a new son in law" she said hugging Jake. He seemed surprised but hugged her back. I laughed. " Welcome to the family Jake" She said as she pulled back. She smiled at him.

"I have to say that you did pick a good one Alyssa" She said. Where in the hell was all this coming from? It was like once dad left, she broke into a whole new person.

Jake laughed and smiled his cocky grin. I was more interested in other things.

"So..... when are we going to meet your lover" I asked. I wasn't mad at the fact that my mom had went outside of her marriage. I mean look who she was married to. I just wished that I would have known this a long time ago.

"You're not going to meet him Alyssa" She stated.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Because we barely talk anymore" she stated.

" How come?" I asked.

"He stopped trying when I didn't divorce your dad. He was sick of waiting. He wanted to meet you and I would never let him" She stated. Me my mom's relationship seemed so alike but they were so different.

"You should call him up" I said.

"Maybe" She said. " So how long are yall staying" she asked.

"I don't know" I replied.

"You should stay here for the night. We can catch up, talk about the upcoming wedding and baby" she said sounding excited.

"Well it's find with me so it's up to Jake" I said. He looked at me.

"You didn't even have to ask me" He stated. I linked my arm around his waist as we walked into the living room.

I lay in the bed with Jake in my old bedroom. We had decided  to turn in a few minutes ago, It was sometime in the morning.

Me, mom, and Jake just seemed to talk about everything. Mom wanted to know a lot of things about me and Jake though. I guessing that she was  very curious about our relationship, We talked about the baby and how she wanted to be there for me after I had it. She said that she would be in the front row at our wedding. We told her that her seat was already set for reservation. She had also asked us how Jake's parents reacted to our relationship and of course we told her about Trish.

"Damn being here brings back so many memories" Jake said interrupting my thoughts.

"What's the best?" I questioned turning over to face him.

"Our first time" He stated. I smiled. " I  have to admit that I was surprised that night when you locked the door and sat on the bed." He stated.

"I was too" I stated. He laughed.

"That night was amazing though" He stated.

"It really was wasn't it" I said. He smiled.

"Alyssa I'm sorry for everything I put you through. Everything that happened in college was so damn messed up. I was just so stupid and I regret all the pain I caused you" He stated.

"Jake none of that matters any more. It's all forgotten. All that matters is that we are together now." I said. He smiled.

"You're really are amazing" He said pressing his lips against mine. I kissed him back.

"I love you" He said.

" I love you too" I replied.

"No regrets" He stated. I laughed we hadn't said that in a long time.

"No regrets Jake" I said pacing my head on his chest and soon falling asleep afterward.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 203 89
Get ready to dive into the captivating story of teenage couples as they navigate the treacherous waters of high school and strive to make their relat...
26.5K 885 42
"Why can't you see that I'm married to your boss!" "I don't care, I love you. He doesn't." - quinneharley -
201K 8.9K 102
joey birlem; her light of her life, the color in her black and white movie, her shoulder to cry on, her smile, and most importantly, her other lung. ...
14.9K 331 78
It's not always Black and White. Two potential lovers, who never realised how much they needed each other until they met. Bea, a black girl in a pred...