Glowing In The Dark

By BoingxGorgeous

When Maya Hart decided she had enough she did what she had to long ago. She ran away. But when she faces some... More

Introduction
Little Brother
Chapter 1 - Yet Another Fight
Chapter 2 - LA
Author's Note
Chapter 3 - Explaining
Author's Note
Chapter 4 - Results
Chapter 5 - A Day In A Youtuber
Chapter 6 - The Truth
Maya's Christmas Apartment
Chapter 7 - Going On
Question
Help!
Help!
Chapter 8 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 9 - Christmas Morning
Chapter 10 - We're Engaged
Help (Almost)
Wedding Dress
Bridesmaid Dresses
Chapter 11 - New Years Eve
Chapter 12 - Maya's Birthday
Chapter 13 - Amy's Big Surprise
Chapter 15 - Back In LA
Chapter 16 - Maya's Big Surprise
Chapter 17 - Josh's Birthday
Chapter 18 - What?
Chapter 19 - Gender
Chapter 20 - Vacation
Chapter 21 - Here They Are

Chapter 14 - The Wedding

227 6 2
By BoingxGorgeous

Saturday, 19 January 2019.
Maya Hunter laid awake for a big part of the night as she tried to prepare herself for this one moment which will change her whole life.
After today she is Josh Matthew's wife and then she'll have to cope with a lot of the stuff coming with it.
Maya gets out of bed as it is still dark.
Five-thirty says the clock and she exhales.
Her wedding is at nine so she still has plenty of time but she does realize she will never be ready.
She jumped into the shower pulling some jeans and a shirt over her head before she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," Maya said as she saw Amy.
"Hey, you ready darling?" Amy asked and gave Maya a cup of coffee.
"Thanks. Yeah, I am. Gosh, I can't believe in a matter of three hours I'm getting married to my first love," Maya said.
"You were his as well. Okay let's start on getting you ready for the thing. Let's start with hair," Amy said as Maya sat down in front of the vanity.
"Okay, I was thinking of a few curls in front and then a half up do here at the back," Amy said.
"Sounds perfect to me," Maya said.
"And for make-up something very light. Natural and simple," Amy said.
"Perfect. Just what I was thinking about," Maya said.
"Let's start," Amy said.

Maya's wedding outfit

~

Amy did Maya's make-up and hair before she went in front for awhile.
It was so unsure about what was going to happen and as the time got nearer to nine she got nervous.
People have started to arrive and Maya doesn't know how she will cope with everything.
She hears a knock on the door and sees her future brother-in-law and we'll as sister-in-law.

"Wow. Josh won't know what hit him. You ready, Kid?" Eric said.
"Hey, Eric. Think I am. I couldn't be more excited, more nervous, more frightened in my whole life. This is it. After this I am married to my first love and there is no going back," Maya said.
"You won't. You won't go back. I know you well enough to know this is what you've been looking for, for awhile. I'm happy to have a sister-in-law like you," Eric said.

"Yeah, get out of here. Joshua probably needs help with something. How you feeling?" Morgan said.
"I'm ready for this thing," Maya said.
"And I can't be happier to gain such a successful sister-in-law. Saw the channel. And I can't wait until you become Mrs Josh Matthews. Or what is it that you call him?" Morgan asked and Maya smiles.
"Boing. I'm becoming Mrs Boing today. So weird. Now that I've known that kind of love I don't want to imagine my life differently," Maya said and Eric came in with an envelope with the writing 'gorgeous' on it.

"Josh wants me to give this to you," Eric said.
"Gorgeous?" Morgan asked as Maya took the envelope.
"His nickname for me. Gosh, I'm gonna cry," Maya said.
"Morgan, can I ask you something?" Maya asked and Morgan nod.
"Would you be my bridesmaid? I know it's short notice but I have the dress yet no bridesmaid," Maya said.
"I'll go get dressed. At least we still have an hour," Morgan said and went to get dressed.

"I like the idea of a eighteen year old sister-in-law. Good luck," Eric said and left the room.

Maya took a deep breathe before she opened the envelope.
She was shaking due to how nervous she was and couldn't even start to read it.
Morgan came out of the bathroom and Maya smiled.

"Perfect fit. It would've been Riley's but I really don't want to do this on my own. Like it?" Maya asked.
"Love it. Read it yet?" Morgan said and Maya shook her head.
"Could you? I'm too nervous," Maya said.

Morgan took the envelope out of Maya's hands as she cleared her throat to read the letter to Maya.
Tears came shallow in her eyes as she remembered every so gle memory of hr and Josh together.
How they met, game night, college party, Ski-Lodge, the goodbye party of her best friend, how they came back together, how they started to date, when he asked her to marry him and how they told his parents.
Morgan stops reading and looks at Maya who brushes her tears away.

"You ready?" Morgan asked.
"Let's get me married," Maya said and the two were gone.

Josh's letter to Maya.

"Dear Maya.
I dreamed about this day when I get to call you my wife and now it is here.
When we met I would never have thought this gorgeous, young teen would become my wife.
Through the last five years of my life I thought to myself that if I could do one thing with my life it will be to make Maya Hart, Maya Matthews.
And then Maya Hart became Maya Hunter.
And to my surprise I became the boyfriend of the most beautiful girl in the world.
When I proposed I knew nothing would beat this moment and I wish for it to never ever disappear as long as I shall live.
I love you to the moon and back, Maya Penelope Hunter.
And from this day forward I wish to make everyday a dream come true.
Love you,
Josh."

~

Maya goes outside of the house finding Alan there ready to walk her down the aisle.
She exhales as she walks towards him tapping on his shoulder.

"Josh is definitely a very lucky guy," Alan said.
"Yeah," Maya said.
"Let's go," Alan said and took Maya's hand.

~

"Why am I sweating? Goodness," Josh said.
"Josh, I'm happy for you. But just know if you hurt her..."
"Then I'll have Riley, Cory, Shawn, Dad and you on my case not to mention her friends. Got it, Eric," Josh said smiling as he saw Maya and his father.

Instantly his heart sunk as he saw his bride standing next to his father.
They walked towards him and Josh gave her a sweet smile.
As they came to right in front of him Alan shook his son's hand before giving Maya over to him.
The two went to stand as George Feeny came out.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Today we are gathered here for the celebration of a wonderful couple. Today we are here, represented in the name of God, to see how these two beautiful people get married. Two people we have known forever and who we now see go into the life together as a married couple. I believe you both have a speech prepared," George said.
"Maya, never have a met someone like you before. Any guy dreams that his girlfriend gets along with his family and I am truly blessed that it isn't just the case with my mother but with my whole family. I saw as you went through many stages of your life. Good and bad. I want to be the person who you will come to when you are sad, when you are in trouble, when you can't go to anyone else or of you just want to talk. And I know that from today the huge responsibility of taking care of you is mine and I carry that with the greatest proud in myself. And I wish that this day will just be one of many other good ones," Josh said and George signaled to Maya.
"Joshua, for as long as I can remember I always wanted to be apart of the Matthews family. When I met you when I was thirteen I knew something was happening that I never could dream about. Forgetting about those feelings weren't possible. When we promised that someday we would be together I started to dream about the day that it actually would happen. I dreamed about this day, promising our love in front all of your family. I promise to take care of you, support you, carry you and to love you until the day of my death. Until I can't anymore. And then I hope that you will carry on taking care of our children as you tell them the story of how their parents were two kids playing the long game," Maya said and Josh exhaled at the words.
"Joshua Gabriel Matthews, do you promise to take Maya to be your wife through health and sickness, through good times and bad, through wealth and poorness until the end of time?"
"I do," Josh said.
"Maya Penelope Hunter, do you promise to take Joshua to be your husband through health and sickness, through good times and bad, through wealth and poorness until the end of time?"
"I do," Maya said.
"I know legally announce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride," George said as Josh took Maya in his arms.

The kiss was soft and passionate.
Everything Maya could dream about happened today.
She was truly the happiest girl in the entire world.
They pulled away looking in each other's eyes before they faced everyone else.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I now present you, Mr and Mrs Matthews," George said as they started to throw light blue flowers in the air.
"And now our brothers history student became our sister-in-law," Morgan happily said.

~

It was later the afternoon and everyone was now getting settled as the speeches were about to start.
The tables were nothing fancy but everything Maya wanted.
She sat happily next to Josh as they gave each other a kiss every five seconds.
They saw as Alan went up to the stage ready to give his speech as well as the first one.

"So.." Alan started getting the attention of the people.
"The little girl who always came to my place for a Christmas became my daughter-in-law," Alan said causing a few people to laugh.
"Josh, Maya, I can't be happier for you guys. But I think you're gonna have to hear this, Son. Harm her and you have a whole lot of Matthews on your wrong side. I wish you happiness and all the love your hearts can carry," Alan said and went of the stage as Amy went on.
"Congratulations guys. Officially husband and wife. And I can't say how happy I am to finally say that all my children are married. I wish you guys all the happiness in the world and I'll say it once again. You'll have a lot of angry Matthews coming after you if you hurt that girl. Guaranteed," Amy said and went off.

Maya looked loving at her husband as they saw as Eric went on the stage.
She brushed a curl out of her hair as she prepared on a weird speech from her brother-in-law.

"The only thing I can actually say is that you're lucky, little bro. For as long as I've known her she dreamed about this day. Her wedding. And most men have to go through the big white wedding. You... Are the one guy who didn't go through it. Or at least out of the three Matthew brothers you are the first. I wish you guys happiness and warn you from both me and Cory. Hurt her and you'll regret it. I hope you guys happiness until the end," Eric said and went off giving the microphone to Morgan.

"When I met Maya she was nine. Still little, I know. But she showed me a book with photos of how her wedding would look like one day. Know that was many years ago. When we saw each other when Cory left she said that changed. You made her change. Making her only wanting a small wedding as it was so clear she just wanted to be with you. I saw as she went on with her life, you with yours. Today I stand here talking about my sister-in-law. Congratulations guys. I hope you two are happy until the end of time. And now I have a special surprise for you guys. Here to open the dance flour for you guys... Miley Cyrus," Morgan said as she walked off and the singer walked on.

"Hey, guys. I wanna say happy marriage and I hope you guys are happy. When I learned to know Maya two years ago I knew this girl would reach high grounds. So I told myself I would saf eone special song for her wedding. Here is When I Look At You."

As she started to play Maya and Josh walked out and started to dance.
With many people looking at them Maya couldn't care less about it.
She was so happy she could burst.
Knowing she is now Mrs Boing couldn't make her happier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 359 78
Maya Hart has never let someone control her happiness. When she gets contacted by someone of her past will everything suddenly change?
18.3K 486 43
"my life had changed in ways I couldn't rearrange and all I saw was you." • • • Maya catches feelings for a new student. She's never felt this way in...
5.5K 187 14
This is the story of Maya Penelope Hart as she enters the troubles of highschool. But unfortunately she gets the bad end of high school. Bullies, dep...
26.2K 581 47
Josh returns and Maya starts falling for him... Josh is all over the place with feelings. But will they fall as one for eachother? Find out in