L'amour (e.c)

By gracebennettxoxo

L'amour; Love Charlotte Olivia Smith was the embodiment of perfect. Perfect hair, perfect teeth, eyes, smile... More

the cast
prologue
book one
one; new girl on the block
two; friend or foe
three; him
five; knock knock
six; whatta man
seven; the fear
eight; E.Cullen
nine; once a cheat
ten; always a cheat
eleven; smile
twelve; angel eyes
thirteen; sos
fourteen; undead to me
fifteen; freak on
sixteen; rose
seventeen; mr depp
eighteen; family affair
nineteen; detective hale
twenty; memory lane
twenty one; cross keys
twenty two; play ball
twenty three; a game of cat and mouse
twenty four; fine line
twenty five; carrie white
twenty six; love fool
twenty seven; prom queen
book two
one; another year of fun
two; flowers
three; dont watch me cry
four; the beauty of love
five; a fall from grace
six; leach lover
seven; clouds
eight; detective smith
nine; she wolf
ten; old friends
eleven; far far away
twelve; curse of the red heads
thirteen; uninvited visitors
fourteen; side effects
fifteen; smith residence
sixteen; mr damsel in distress
eighteen; what goes around comes around
nineteen; rest in peace
twenty; its called karma
twenty one; surprise
twenty two; a simple life
twenty three; mommys little girl
twenty four; not a democracy
twenty five; a change of heart
book three
one; mamma mia
two; traitor
three; perfection
four; a family reunion
five; daddys little girl
six; the mistress
seven; the wolf vs the vampire
eight; a family of three

four; slip and slide

19.5K 478 282
By gracebennettxoxo

Edward and Charlotte had been talking for all of the lesson, neither had made any notes. Notes that Charlotte needed, but Edward didn't. So it didn't matter to him that he'd made none, he just hoped that she wouldn't regret chatting with him instead of working.

Unfortunately the bell had gone far too fast for Charlottes liking, she wanted to stay at the back of the english classroom and talk to Edward all day. But Forks high school had other plans. Charlotte half excepted Edward to run out of the doors like he had last time, however, much to her surprise he was stood behind his chair, leaning on the desk waiting for her to pack up.

"You don't have to wait for me."

"I know, but I want to." This caused a blush to form on Charlottes face, it was the cutest thing that Edward had ever seen, and he'd been alive long enough to see a lot of cute things.

Charlotte didn't want to ruin the moment but a question had been burning on her lips for the past two weeks, "You left." It was meant to sound like a question but came out as more of a statement.

Charlotte noticed that he turned away from her when she had said that. "Yeah I know, I wasn't feeling too great."

At this Charlotte pulled a face from her seat, "You must have been very ill, you were gone for two weeks?"

Edward only nodded in response. If he wasn't going to respond, Charlotte wasn't going to speak. Two could play at that game.

He soon realised that Charlotte wasn't going to speak and didn't want the awkwardness that was surrounding the two to continue, he liked it when she spoke to him. Her voice was soothing. "Do you mind if I walk you to class?" he asked this gently, it sounded different to the way he was speaking before.

Charlotte was embarrassed by the way her cheeks started going so red, when had she ever acted like this in front of a boy before? She was the one than made them blush, not the other way around. "Um, of course you can?" Charlottes voice didn't sound as confident as she had hoped it would. God, she was so embarrassed.

The two started walking through the hallways together, they were walking so close that their arms kept brushing, leaving tingles on Charlottes skin. Every time they lost contact, the hairs on her arms would stand up, anticipating the next brush. They could hear the whispers while they were walking, but they were so used to it by now that they could easily ignore it.

It felt good to have someone to ignore it with. It wasn't so lonely now.

"You, aren't from around here?" It was Edward questioning Charlotte this time. He knew where she was from. Alice had heard a girl telling her friend in class, which meant Alice had to let her whole family know that the new girl was from far, far away.

"No, I'm from England"

"Oh, where abouts?" This caused Charlotte to look down and smile, Edward didn't know why, but could only guess that it was because of a happy memory.

"You probably won't of heard of it. In fact you most certainly wouldn't have. It's this tiny town kind of near Leeds, but not Leeds."

Edward had heard of the place, only because it had a football team Emmett had spoken about before, he also knew it was in Yorkshire. And Charlotte didn't have a Yorkshire accent. "You don't have the accent though?"

At this Charlotte laughed, "Oh I do. But I just met a few Americans before I came here, and not to generalise the few to all of you, but they all made fun of my accent. So I just erase the accent and talk proper. It's easy to do when you grew up watching television and the only accents you here are posh English, or American."

Edward laughed at this too. He didn't know whether it was smart or stupid. It was smart for her because it helped her, but for him it was stupid, he really wanted to hear what she should sound like. He hoped one day he'd get the chance. "How come you came here then?"

"My mums a doctor, she got offered the job of head of paediatrics, it was more money than she was getting back home. So we packed everything up and here we are."

Edward lightly snorted at this "Here you are". He repeated this quietly but loud enough for Charlotte to hear. Not only was she here in Forks but she was also at her next class.

"I'll see you later?"

When Charlotte asked this Edward just gave her an almost sad smile and suddenly walked away. Why was he leaving? Was it something she'd said? Obviously he had to leave because he wasn't in this class, but without even saying a word. That was weird.

Throughout the whole day the incident was the only thing that Charlotte could think about. It was the third embarrassing moment she'd had around Edward. In fact she was almost always embarrassed in his presence. Maybe she should stay away from the boy, it would mean she would no longer feel so flustered. But she couldn't pick him out from the depths of her head. He was just leisurely swimming around in there, taunting her. It was no use even trying not to think about him anymore.

While Charlotte was mid way through another Edward related thought she noticed that all her friends were looking at her, waiting for an answer for the question she vaguely heard mentioned earlier. "Hmm? Yeah, that is a good show." Charlotte was sure she heard something about a show be mentioned.

"There is no show Charlotte." All of the boys and Angela had burst out laughing at the expense of the poor girl, it wasn't her fault she couldn't think straight at the moment. "Forget it, it wasn't that important anyway." Normally Charlotte would insist that Eric tell her what the conversation was about, but she was just too distracted.

"You guys all ready to go? Am I still okay to carpool with you Charl?" Angela and April were the only people allowed to call Charlotte by the nickname.

"Of course it's okay, let's go"

Charlotte started walking towards her car by herself, Angela just running to the toilets before they left, apparently it couldn't be held. The air was quite cold around Charlotte, but the girl wasn't fazed by the cold. The only time she'd ever experienced warm weather was on holiday or on extra hot days in the summer. The girl was too trapped in her thoughts of the sun, to notice everyone turn to her, she was too distracted to hear the shouts for her to move out of the way.

A truck was coming towards Charlotte, screeching it's way along the carpark. It wasn't until Charlotte dropped one of her books that she was brought out of her daze and could finally hear the commotion around her- but by that time, it was too late. The truck was only milliseconds away from her, and Charlotte couldn't bring her feet to move herself out of the way.

The girl went to release a scared scream as she was thrust to the floor, her head hitting the concrete, bouncing back up and then hitting it again. Why had she not moved? And why had she not noticed the car that was coming towards her?

Charlotte had pried open her eyes that she had tightly sealed shut to see a figure holding onto her stiff body. "Edward?.... I- how did yo-?"

"Charlotte your head, you've hit it hard" Edwards tone was harsh and angry, but his face was full of concern, his eyes gentle and his strokes to her head soft. Charlotte noticed how heavy Edward was breathing, it was like he had just ran a marathon. It was only a few seconds later that Charlotte felt the need to close her eyes.

Edward slowly stood up with the girl in his arms, careful to make sure he didn't move her and cause her more pain. He made sure that Charlotte is positioned comfortably against him before making his way over to the driver of the car. Who happened to be Charlottes friend Tyler. "Call an ambulance. Now."

Mike stutters out that he already has and reached his arms out to take teenager from Edward, who in response slightly turns his body and tightens his grip on her.

"I'll take her."

Edward couldn't help but let anger bubble in him at Mikes words. He sat in the car she was hit with and didn't attempt to stop it and now expects him to hand the same girl to him. "Like hell you will." No one had ever heard Edward speak like that, he practically growled the words out. It was enough to scare even the devil.

Mike could feel his heart physically hurting. His beautiful girl was laid unconscious and probably in pain and stupid Edward Cullen wouldn't let him hold her. His arms yearned to cuddle her close to him and make sure nothing bad could happen to her ever again, he'd keep her safe forever.

"Please, it wasn't my fault. It was all just one big accident." Not only was Edward getting angrier by the second, but now Mike was too. He knew that Edward didn't care about her, he just wanted to be seen as a hero.

Edward couldn't be in Mikes presence for one second longer. And not only that, Edward was scared blood would start dripping from Charlotte's head. He knew he wouldn't be able to hold the control he'd been working on for the past two weeks. Therefore, he reluctantly passed the girl over to Mike.

Edward could sense that his siblings were not happy before he had even looked at them. He didn't need to look at them, he could tell that they were shooting him daggers. When he did finally look at them he was right about the glares, it was from all of them except Alice.

"Edward you-" It was Rosalie that had started talking, but Edward didn't have the time to be scolded right now. He needed to go to the hospital to make sure Charlotte was going to be okay. So instead of acknowledging Rosalie he opened the door to his volvo, slammed it and sped away as fast as he possibly could.

Was Edward sure that she was okay? Passing out had to be a bad sign didn't it. No, no it was good. Was it? Was she breathing? God, why didn't he check if she breathing?

Edward was sure he would drive himself mad with worry, if he was human he would probably be having a heart attack with how fast his heart would be going. This couldn't be Gods way of punishing him, could it? Send the most perfect, sweet and kind girl into Edwards life, dangle her in front of him and then snatch her away on the same day he had decided to speak to her. If it was his punishment then he had to give it to the main man, he had done well.

He was sure the world would deteriorate if Charlotte Smith was to leave it. The birds would stop singing, flowers would stop blossoming and there would be no white bunnies hoping around in green spring fields anymore.

Edward had occupied himself with morbid thoughts for so long that he didn't realise he was already at the hospital. He wondered if he had gotten there before Charlotte, he had sped here after all.

Just as Edward went to get out of his car, there was a knock on the passenger side window. When Edward turned to look at it he found a very unimpressed face on the other side.

He could already hear the anger in her thoughts.

why do i have to make every character apart from my ocs, edward and angela unlikable?? sometimes even charlotte can be unlikable, but just wait for the character growth<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 143 16
Book 1 of 2 Timelines: Twilight Ava never knew her life would turn out the way it did now. That she'd turn out the way she did. That was until her wo...
1M 20K 54
After Ariana moves to Forks with her sister Bella she can't help but notice about the weird things that happen around her and in her life. She meets...
254K 3.8K 21
"SHES BANGED UP , MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY. LITERALLY AND METAPHORICALLY. BUT EVERYDAY SHE WALKS OUTSIDE WITH A SMILE ON HER FACE BECAUSE THATS JUST...
801K 15.7K 72
This story is complete and edited. ⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that show...