RWBY: Before The Fall (ENDED...

By ExtremePikachu7

3 years before Team RWBY began their story, 8 new students begin their first year at Beacon Academy, ready to... More

Chapter 1: The Beacon Lights
Chapter 2: The First Night
Chapter 3: The Nighttime Blues
Chapter 4: Morning Madness
Chapter 5: Team Formations
Chapter 7: Card Tricks

Chapter 6: Grimm Brawl

3 0 0
By ExtremePikachu7

"Be on guard dude" Gene holds up her axe ready to swing. "You heard that?" Akira asks Gene, "I have 4 ears, of course I did loser" Gene says rudely, "I have 4 ears too, you're not that special" Akira huffs back.

A Beowulf leaps out in front of Gene and Akira. "neither are you moron!" Gene says to Akira. "I never said I was" Akira says, "We shouldn't be doing this now! Focus!" Gene yells.

Akira transforms his scythe into a shotgun and fires a few shots at the Grimm. The shot hits the beowolf causing it to fall backwards, it slowly gets back up getting ready to attack.

"Just smash its head off or something!" Akira shouts.

"Oh hi, I'm Draco, it's good to meet you" he says to Violet. "So... umm.... I guess we should find the relics?" Violet says.

"Argh!" Gene drops her guitar and charges towards it, aiming to rip off its head with her hands. She trips over in front of the beowolf, The beowolf leaps forward but falls over Gene, "THIS IS YOUR FAULT MORON!" she picks herself up, "how is this mine?, you crashed into me!" Akira retorts. "Just kill it! We'll argue later!" Gene snaps back.

"Umm.... which way?" Violet says looking around.

"Fine then" Akira splits his scythe into two seperate scythes, and throws one scythe at the beowolf. Gene goes to shoot it from behind at the same time.

The scythe cuts its head clean off, Gene's shot goes through the dust of the beowolf as it disappears. "Man, I really should sleep tonight. 3 nights of no sleep has fucked up everything" Gene says.

"Hmm... Lets go this way" Draco says to Violet while pointing in a direction. Violet nods and begins walking, avoiding making more eye contact with Draco.

Krimson sees someone in the distance and climbs down heading towards them "please be boudicca" she pleas. Krimson stops in front of the person then sighs.

It's not Boudicca...

It's Coal.

"Lets just find this relic. I dont wanna spend any more time with you if I dont have to. Which way do you think it is?" Gene places her hands in her pockets. "Let's try that way" Akira points to something that looks like a clearing.

"Guess you and I are on a team" Krimson says sadly kicking some dirt while she does, Coal looked up, not even noticing the person in front of him. He frowned and turned away, holding back a groan. Seemed he wasn't going to be alone then, "Try not to be so sad about it." He shot back. He knew he wasn't that easy to get along with, but this person seemed so upset about being on his team. He tried not to scoff, "You can always pretend we didn't see each other and find someone else." "Oh no it's fine, just there's not that many people I like here and Boudicca was nice and pretty" Krimson says.

Coal couldn't hold back his scoff this time. They weren't here to make friends! They were here to train and learn to become hunters and huntresses. He knew not everything always went their way. These children would just have to learn that the hard way now, and learn not to be so carefree. It was dangerous, "Then go find your girlfriend." He grumbled, already beginning to walk off. If his new partner wanted to follow, they were free to follow. If not, it wasn't his fault. Krimson frowns and follows Coal, "girlfriend? Well they are a friend.... didn't know they where a girl though"

Coal just shrugged. He didn't know who the hell this person was talking about, and he honestly couldn't care less. At least his new partner was following him, now he didn't have to wait around for this kid to catch up and waste his time.

Pip finally catches up with Krimson and caws happily, they land on top of Coal's head.

"Hey Boudicca... I think I can smell a Grimm...." Rosa says nervously. "I sense it too" Boudicca agreed, Rosa pulled out her weapon, breathing heavily, "Calm down, they sense your fear, take a deep breath in and out. Stay focused" Boudicca says calmly.

Coal looked up, but only with his eyes. He had felt something land on his head. While he wasn't sure what it was, sudden movements probably weren't going to fix this situation for him.

"Why is there something on my head?" He grumbled to Krimson, hoping the other at least had some idea of what was going on or happening. Was it a baby Grimm? No, even if it was a baby Grimm, it wouldn't be able to fly that well. Or sound like a normal bird. And it didn't have that Grimm smell.

Krimson laughs "It's my sister, she thinks your head looks like a nice place to rest"

Coal blinked and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Your sister." He said in a very sarcastic, unbelieving tone. It was obviously a bird on his head, he figured that out from the feeling of claws on his scalp. But his partner's sister? They were related to a bird? "Yep my big sister Pip! She's been-" Krimson is suddenly interrupted by pip cawing madly "grimm" Krimson says drawing her bow

Rosa charged up an ink attack, shaking but calming her breathing down.

An ursa runs straight past Rosa and Boudicca, seeming to be on the hunt for something... "See, if you're calm and collected, the Grimm can't sense you. They feed off negativity" Boudicca says.

Rosa shot ink into it's eyes before swinging her roller at it, her shot hits but isn't enough to stop the ursa's charge. "Should we follow it?" Boudicca asks. "y-yeah! Let's go!" Rosa exclaims, "Remember what I just told you" Boudicca grabs a hold of Rosa and starts running.

Coal listened, but he wasn't really paying attention to what the other was saying. But when he heard the word Grimm, he immediately grabbed the ball from his pocket again and changed it into a short sword, holding it with both hands, "Your 'sister' will need to get off my head, unless you want her to be sliced in half." Coal grumbled, moving a little closer to his partner, scanning the area. "Pip" Krimson says holding out her arm to which pip the raven flies onto it. Pip climbs onto her shoulder while Krimson draws an arrow and gets ready.

Coal relaxed when the bird flew from his head, brushing his hair back to get any feathers out of it. He scanned the area still, a deep frown on his face, "Where is it..." He said to himself, turning around in slow circles so he didn't miss a single area. He wouldn't make a fool of himself. An ursa covered in ink and paint appears before Krimson and Coal,

"Come on, we've gotta be close" Akira says to Gene.

Violet and Draco reach a small ruin site filled with podiums, on each one is a card faced down, however it seems a few cards are missing "think this is where we get the relics?" Violet asked.

Coal smirked and stopped, looking at the new Grimm that appeared. He held his short sword tightly, feeling much more relaxed than before, "Finally." He mumbled, not taking his eyes off the beast. Time for some fighting, he could finally show off his skills and show that he didn't need a team. He could survive and surpass on his own. Krimson steps back "big bear" she says pointing her bow at it.

"No shit." He growled back. Seriously, did this person have any training at all? The only thing they decide to say when seeing a Grimm was "big bear"? God, why did he get stuck with the useless ones?

"If you don't want to get hurt, then stay back. You don't look like much of a fighter." Coal rudely says to Krimson.

"I'm not backing out, I've killed many big bears before" Krimson says, releasing an arrow which hits the ursa in the left shoulder. Coal scoffed in disbelief and charged. He brought up his sword, slashing at the Grimm. He wasn't going to give up, he was going to prove how strong he was and how he could handle things himself. He didn't need a team, and he didn't need a useless partner.

Coal tripped. He wouldn't admit it, but he fell to his knees in front of the Grimm and shot Krimson a look, "Watch where you're aiming!" He yelled. Damn, he believed he was knocked down because of his stupid partner. Things would be so easy if he was just alone!

Krimson frowns "I didn't do that" she says. The ursa goes straight for Coal, swiping with its right paw. The ursa misses, Krimson shoots an arrow but it misses too.

Coal's eyes went wide as he rolled across the ground, missing the paw that had swipped for his head. Stay focused. He thought he had to do this alone. Minor setbacks happen. He swung again, stepping forward with his right foot for better balance. He wouldn't fail this time. This time, the attack hits.

"Should I try to attack Boudicca?"
Rosa asked quietly, "How focused are you?" Boudicca asks holding her spear ready to attack. "On a scale of 1-10 or in words?" Rosa gripped her roller tightly, "Either, just be quick about it, these two can't communicate properly" Boudicca said hastily.

Finally. A hit. Coal felt his short sword embed itself into the Grimm arm, but he pulled back quickly. He didn't want to give this creature a chance to hit him. He already had fallen once this fight. That was more than enough.

"Uh... 10!" Rosa shoots ink at it again then swings her roller at the ursa. Her attack hits, covering the ursa in more ink and knocking it back. The ursa roars out and swipes at Rosa. The ursa hits her, knocking back a bit but only damaging the aura.

"You two need to stop being so negative, stay focused and communicate properly. Be aware of your surroundings, be prepared and breathe" Boudicca releases a deep breath and throws her spear towards the Grimm head. The spear hits, getting caught in it's head "way to go boudica!" Krimson says leaping forward she then ducks down as Felix the snake leaps off her.

"Gene, do you think we're close to the relics?" Akira asks Gene, she shrugs.

Felix lands right in front of the ursa, Krimson quickly picks him back up "sorry buddy I wasn't close enough"

Rosa hid behind a tree trying to calm down from her shock after being hit.

Coal groaned and tried to ignore the failed attack. First his partner nearly shot him and made him trip, and now they were tripping over themselves. Useless. He stepped back and turned, bringing his sword down to the Grimm's neck. He hoped it cut through, he wanted this fight to be over. The ursa moves back out of the way.

"I-I'm going to try again!" Rosa ran with her roller in her hands, swinging with all her force. Rosa misses and hits the ground again, tears forming in her eyes. "You're okay Rosa, be strong. Just breath and stay behind a tree" Boudicca points to a tree. Rosa cried as she ran behind the tree, breathing heavily.

The ursa charges towards coal, But goes too far to the right, clearly effected by the spear in its head. Boudicca runs towards the ursa, she jumps and tries to kick her spear further into its skull and pierce it with her dagger at the same time, but she falls over. Krimson tries to attack but trips over Boudicca.

Coal got his footing steady again. Stupid beast had moved when he was last trying to strike. And then some other student came and tried, but failed, to be extra and show off. Coal scoffed, steadying himself again. There was no need for students who were like that. He stepped forward again, raising his sword above his head before bringing it down with a slash, Coal misses.

Rosa wiped her tears from her eyes, "I won't give up. NO MATTER HOW MUCH I FAIL!" She screams as she swings again.

Rosa hits it so hard it goes flying back into a tree getting impaled through the chest by a branch, it then slowly fades to dust and Boudicca's spear falls down.

"Well done Rosa!" Boudicca congratulates Rosa while walking to pick up her spear. Krimson regains herself but looks disappointed, "I'm not used to fighting along side people" "Thats okay, it was an opportunity to learn how to do that and how to communicate with others"

Coal turned away from the others, shifting his sword back into a metal ball again and slipping it into his pocket. These stupid students... These carefree, irresponsible children... If they hadn't have interfered he would've been able to kill it himself! He didn't need their help, and he didn't need them to fight. They had just gotten in the way. "I guess..... so your partnered up with Rosa?" Krimson says. "Yes, I caught her before she fell out of a tree" Boudicca tells Krimson.

Gene and Akira approach the ruin that Draco and Violet are at.

"I think these are the relics" Violet says looking at the cards.

Meanwhile back on the cliff Ozpin watches on his scroll, he sighs and presses a button.

Back at the ruins, a large banner unfolds saying that they had found the relics...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 46 24
Things were starting to get out hand in the World of Remnant. Creatures of Grimm attack closer to the borders of the kingdoms, people start to go mis...
47.6K 1.4K 42
Ruby Rose wanted to go to Beacon Academy for three reasons. One,to follow her mother's foot step to be the best huntress and musician who spread joy...
67 0 12
This is my AU that I dot. I don't have a name for it yet. So I'm giving it the placeholder name of the butterfly effect AU. This is an AU with a slig...
3.9K 111 49
(Volumes 1-3) You have known Ruby Rose for as long as you were both were kids and have been together since half way of your first year at Signal Acad...