Death's Son (Originally done...

By CearraRH

After the Wizarding War, everything was good and calm, until it wasn't. The muggles found out and destroyed t... More

Death
Back in Time
Confronting...
Gift
Future Sins
Meeting with Sirius
Much to Barty's Horror
Chapter 8
Wake-up Call
Drawing Lines
A Chat with Death
The LeStranges
Barty's Questions
Last Task
Goodbye, Dursleys.
Sirius's Justice
The End of the Toad
Narcissa gets a Girl
Barty's Pride
Draco and Lyra
Reunions and New Faces
Chapter 23
Another Explosion
Severus' Regret

A Quiet Day

5.7K 202 9
By CearraRH

Sirius and Remus went to bed that night, as did Harry. He took his Dreamless Draught and quickly succumbed to the potion.

Sirius and Remus woke the next morning at their normal time.

"Kreacher," Sirius called for the elf.

"Yes, Master Sirius?" Kreacher replied.

"Did Harry take his Dreamless Draught last night? And is he still asleep, if he did?" Sirius asked.

"Yes. Master Harry did take his potion and is still asleep. Kreacher will be making breakfast now?" the elf asked.

"Yes, you can go make breakfast now. Thank you, Kreacher," Sirius replied.

The elf popped out of the room.

Sirius and Remus sat in silence for a while, before getting out of bed to get ready.

"How long do you think he'll be asleep?" Remus asks.

"Personally, I think most of the day. He might have slept well with Barty, like he has said he does, however, I still think his body is extremely behind on sleep. Even more so with what he did yesterday," Sirius replied.

"Yeah. I'm worried about him," Remus states.

"Me too. That crazed look, yet slightly empty look he had for the rest of the night, yesterday, was very similar to Bellatrix when she lost her child," Sirius replied.

"Oh dear," Remus whispered, knowing how the death of Bellatrix's child affected her.

"Yeah, and Harry has lost three children, not just one. Then he found a child that was in the same situation as many of the children he had to save, including one of his own? I am worried, yet happy, he took that dreamless draught, just to keep his nightmares away for a bit," Sirius answered.

"What do we do?" Remus asked.

"All we can do is be there when he needs us, not when he wants us," Sirius sighed, knowing how Narcissa had to be there for Bellatrix, even when Bellatrix wanted to be alone.

At Riddle Manor, Barty was hanging out with his friends, the LeStranges. He spent the majority of the day worrying about Harry. He knew that he wasn't going to come today, due to the Dreamless Draught. He was also worried about how Harry might react to the LeStranges knowing he had children. Barty shivered at the thought of the look in Harry's eyes when his mother mentioned his children. It reminded him of Bellatrix when she miscarried.

"You alright, Barty?" Rabastan asked.

"Yeah, just thinking a little," Barty replied.

"About who? Harry or your mother?" Rabastan asks in return to the vague response.

"Both. Mainly about what my mother said to him, and his physical and vocal response," Barty caved slightly.

"Yeah. I am honestly confused and worried too. Not to mention his voice being so scratchy like he screamed for a long period of time," Bellatrix replied, concern was clear in her tone.

"Yeah, how does he have children? He's 14," Rodolphus states.

Barty snorted, "Yeah, physically," he replied.

Rod, Rab, and Bella looked at Barty with intrigue, confusion, and worry. Not knowing how to handle what that implies.

Barty shook his head before answering, "Look, I want to explain further, but it isn't my secret to tell, it isn't my life. So far only our lord, Sirius, Remus, and I know what is going on with Harry. However, only our lord and I know the full extent. Harry hasn't told Sirius and Remus as much as he has told the two of us."

The three nod, understanding that Barty won't share anything more unless Harry tells him he can.

Suddenly Narcissa barges into the room, looking excited.

"Bella, come meet someone. The others can come too if they want, but don't crowd her. She isn't used to many people and hasn't had a great experience with the ones she did know," Narcissa claims, dragging her sister from the table.

Rod, Rab, and Barty look at each other and get up to follow the two.

The end up at Malfoy Manor, where they all spot a little girl drinking some tea.

"Bella, this is Lyra, she is your new niece," Narcissa explains.

"Where did she come from?" Bella asks, marveling over the small child.

"Harry found her, while he was out this yesterday morning, and brought her back to our Lord, to be healed and such," Narcissa explained.

Barty stumbles a little at what he heard, "No wonder he looked so broke when he came back," he whispered.

Narcissa, Bella, Rod, and Rab turn to Barty, "What do you mean?" Bella asks.

"He told me he was going to destroy a muggle lab. I'm guessing that is where he found her, it relates to what my mother mentioned," Barty tried to hint, without giving too much away.

"Can I go up to her?" Barty asks, looking to Narcissa.

"I want Bella to talk to her first, she is her niece after all," Narcissa answers, not sure what he was talking about, but not wanting him to ask her questions about it.

Barty nodded in response, falling quiet and in his head once more.

"What line is she from?" Bella asks her sister.

"She is from the Black line. Remember Marius, the squib?" Narcissa asks her sister.

"Yes, what about him?" Bella asks, looking confused.

"She is his great-granddaughter. She managed to gain magic from the Black line. I am not sure if she is a metamorphagus, however, we've only had her for a day," Narcissa answers.

"The magic came back," Bella whispered.

Narcissa nodded, turning to look at her daughter, a fond smile on her face.

"Go talk to her," Narcissa nudged her sister.

Bella nodded and walked up to the small girl.

"Hello. Who are you?" Lyra asked the woman approaching.

"My name is Bellatrix, but you can call me Bella, or auntie, or aunt Bella. Whatever you are comfortable with," Bella rambles a little.

"You are related to me too?" Lyra asks, sounding surprised.

"Yeah. The woman who adopted you is my sister, and your grandfather was my uncle, who was sent away for not being able to do the magic you can," Bella tried to explain with small words, and not as harsh, to not scare the girl.

"I see. You are sad. Why?" Lyra asked her.

"What do you mean I am sad? I am worried for a friend, but I am not sad," Bella asks.

"You are worried too, but you are sad. It is an old sad, not a fresh sad. I remind you of something, something you never got to have," Lyra stated, looking at the older woman in front of her.

"How do you know that?" Bella asks her niece.

"I don't know. It used to freak my mother out, how I would know things I shouldn't have. Or when my hair changed colors when I got angry. She eventually got fed up being scared and gave me to the white-coated men," Lyra told her.

"Oh, sweetie. Can I hug you?" Bella asks her.

"Yes, auntie Bella," Lyra answers.

Bella hugs her niece, understanding what Barty meant by his comment about Harry.

"No one will ever be scared of you here. We are all like you, although, you can do things even we can't. That just makes you even more special," Bella tells her.

Lyra blushes, "My name is Lyra, though, I think my new mommy told you already."

"Yes, she did. Do you want to meet your uncles and our friend? Only if you feel comfortable, though," Bella asks Lyra.

"Okay. They won't hurt me, right?" Lyra asks her aunt, her fears coming back to her.

"No. I won't let them, not that they would anyway. Our friend, Barty, might ask you some questions though," Bella warns her, before motioning the others to join her.

Rod, Rab, and Barty walk up to where Bella is when they were called over.

"Hey, little one," Rod says,

"Hello. What are your names? Mine is Lyra, though you already know that," Lyra asks.

"My name is Rodolphus, you can call me Rod, I'm your uncle, I am married to your aunt Bella," Rodolphus answered.

"I'm Rabastan, you can call be Rab, I am Rod's brother, also your uncle, of sorts," Rabastan answers.

"I'm their friend, Barty. That isn't my real name, but everyone calls me Barty," Barty replied.

"You are the one that I was warned might ask me questions?" Lyra asked Barty.

"Yeah. I am very close to the person who saved you," Barty answered.

"I can tell. He is saddened and lost, but you help him. I haven't seen you two interact, though when he left to see you he felt comfort at the thought," she tells him.

"I hope I do," Barty answered.

"You do, a lot more than you think," Lyra told him.

The others sort of stare at her in shock, not sure how she was able to figure out what she has. It was remarkable.

Barty walked off after a while, he just needed time to think to himself. Rod and Rab eventually walk off to train, though they discovered they couldn't when they saw the training room being repaired, so they went to the library instead.

Bella, Narcissa, and Lyra spent the day together, doing girly things and of course, teaching little Lyra about their world. 

Remus and Sirius spent the day worrying about their godson, he didn't wake up until late into the night, well, early the next morning. There he called Kreacher to get himself some food, then promptly passed back out.

The three of them woke up at their normal times, Harry was in the shower by six, getting two more hours of sleep after his food. Sirius and Remus woke up around 8, they found Harry in the library, after they checked on him, and didn't find him in his room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.8K 89
When Harry got hit by the killing curse, he thought that would be the end of his life. He was happy that he could reunite with his loved ones in the...
22.9K 486 24
Voldemort is back, and he decides to use Tom Riddle his own teenage self, to start ruling over Hogwarts, but Aria is facing testing times. A seer has...
135K 2.7K 13
The dark had won the war thanks to Draco who killed Dumbledore and who brought Harry to the Dark Lord. He was put as the right-hand man of Voldemort...