daiyin β€’ avatar: legend of ko...

By MidnightHerondale

"WHEN FIRE MEETS FATE" Princess Daiyin of the Fire Nation has been chosen to train the new Avatar in her fire... More

prologue β€’ one
prologue β€’ two
prologue β€’ three
book one.
chapter β€’ one
chapter β€’ two
chapter β€’ three
chapter β€’ four
chapter β€’ five
chapter β€’ six
chapter β€’ seven
chapter β€’ eight
chapter β€’ nine
chapter β€’ eleven
chapter β€’ twelve
book two.
chapter β€’ one
chapter β€’ two
chapter β€’ three
chapter β€’ four
chapter β€’ five
chapter β€’ six
chapter β€’ seven
chapter β€’ eight
chapter β€’ nine
chapter β€’ ten
β€’ epilogue β€’

chapter β€’ ten

7.2K 268 29
By MidnightHerondale

🔥

CHAPTER TEN
TURNING  THE  TIDES

After two  hours of sleep Daiyin, and Korra too, were alright. They were all eating together, but the firebender had no appetite. Her grandfather had announced his return to the Fire Nation to her when she woke up. In less than an hour she would miss him again, the man she came to see more like a father than a grandfather when she grew up.

Korra tells how she was taken and put into a platinum box, how she started to meditate on her visions of Aang like Tenzin told her to and found out about Yakone, how she came to know that Tarrlok was the son of Yakone and that Amon captured him and took his bending. She mentions how she escaped his clutches and that Naga found her in the woods.

Daiyin stands up abruptly. "Tenzin, would you excuse me?" "But you haven't eaten anything yet," Pema says on her way to the kitchen. She stops behind the girl and studies her up and down. "You've grown thinner. A little more and it is unhealthy." Her husband nods his head. "I agree. You must finish your bowl of rice before you leave this table."

The girl narrows her eyes at him with a cold glare, but she lost the battle and eats a little rice. She feels her stomach turning around and Tenzin noticed that she looked sick. Even though she only had barely the half of the bowl, he let her go. If she ate more it would all come out anyway and that will do no good to anyone.

She heads back into her room and slips into a black leather skirt with high boots and a tight shirt with long sleeves of the same colour. Her eyes, the bright red lips and a necklace with the fire emblem give  colour to her outfit. Daiyin knocks on her grandfather's bedroom door and sees him packing. "Can I assist you?"

Zuko looks up at his granddaughter, looking so mature yet completely different from the normal clothing of the Fire Nation. "I'm almost finished. Besides, you don't find me that old, do you?" "Maybe," she jokes. The princess closes the door behind her and hugs Zuko. "I will miss you. Say hi from me to Izumi and Iroh."

The Fire Lord looks her into the eyes and smiles. "Within a few months from now you will be eighteen years old. Then you will take the throne from me and rule the Fire Nation by yourself. You can see Izumi and me every day." The princess lightens up at the thought of her aunt. It's been so long since the last time they spoke to each other in person. But then her mood falters.

"But what if Korra hasn't mastered the spiritul side of all bending techniques yet? Then I need to stay and help-" Zuko strokes her left cheek gently. "You are not forced to do anything." He straightens himself and grabs his suitcase. "I must go now, the ship has arrived." Her grandfather pecks her on the head. "I love you with all my heart." A pearly tear rolls over the cheek of the princess at this goodbye that came way too soon.

"I love you too, grandpa Zuzu." She wraps her arms tightly around his chest and buries her head into his face. He places his lips by her ear and whispers. "You will defeat Amon. I believe in you." Still crying, she takes her face out of his chest and grins softly. Together they walk towards the docks with Daiyin holds the suitcase. Korra and her friends were in the city, so there was no reason to be sneaky.

He gets onto his ship and sails away, not realizing what was about to happen to the city where his beloved granddaughter, and soon his grandson, were. Tenzin went to the city too to have a meeting with the council, but everyone was taken prisoner by Amon. Then he got to the police station, where he could sent a message to the General of the United Forces just in time before the station was attacked. All the officers were taken and Tenzin was about to be as well if the new Team Avatar hadn't shown up. They all fought the mechatanks that attacked them together and were able to destroy them all.

Amon and Hiroshi Sato saw the airbender escape their clutches once more from their airship, but Amon was rather certain that they would capture them before long. Tenzin thanks the youngsters, but they had no time to rest as now Airtemple Island was under attack.. with a pregnant Pema and Tenzin's three children on there, along with a lot of innocent airnomads.

The White Lotus members notice the arrival of the Equalists on the island and head in their direction. Beifong watches the scene unfold while she tells everyone to get inside and stay calm. Unfortunately, luck was not on their side today as the baby was coming. Two air acolytes help to bring Pema inside. Daiyin wanted to follow her, but Beifong tugs her on her arm. "You must stay here and defend the island. We are already with less, we need all the help we can get."

The princess nods in silence and hardens her eyes. No time to be emotional. Pema will be fine, it is the Equalists that should be worried when she is done with them. The enemies separate: one part fights the White Lotus sentries while the other part heads to the main building. Only Lin Beifong and Daiyin were there to fight, but they trusted on each other that that should be enough. The two women await the arrival of the Equalists and when they come, they come in a big group. They use their element to try and keep them away from the building, but even they can not resist so many people at once. 

Beifong was elektrocuted and Daiyin was slammed against a wall when Jinora flies down from the sky and knocks the Equalists over with her airbending. Ikki joins them on an airscooter, a technique invited by her grandfather. Meelo flies down like his sister, though his techniques in defeating the Equalists were a little more.. vulgar. Jinora helps Daiyin stand up, though she was walking funny. Her ankle hurt and she was dizzy.

The White Lotus ties the Equalists up and asks Beifong where to put them. She answers them by telling that they need to go to the temple's basement. The older woman turns to the three airbender kids and tells them that they did great. They hear the groaning of Oogi the flying bison and they run to their father. Tenzin hugs them tightly, so glad that his children were safe. At first he was angry with Daiyin and Lin for letting them fight, but in the end he was mighty proud. They all head inside to see Pema and Tenzin was able to hold his newborn son, Rohan. Everyone watches the sweet scene where the three kids meet their newest sibling, but the peace could not stay forever. They all knew that.

More airships were heading their way. Tenzin decided that it was best to protect the last airbenders by travelling as far away as possible. Lin tells him that she will go with them to make sure that none of them were captured. The airbender requests of Korra to go into hiding for the time being. "I sent wordt to the United Forces. They will be here soon. And once my family is safe, I will return. With the reinforcements we can turn the tide on this war."

Korra and her friends say goodbye to Tenzin and the family. They sit down on Oogi, who flies away. A few airships follow them while the others decide that this was the moment to attack Airtemple Island. The White Lotus stands before Korra and one of the sentries tells her to leave. They all hop on Naga's back and go, not daring to look behind at the now captured men. The polarbeardog dives into the water and Korra creates a bubble around them so that they can breathe. They get on land by the exit of a sewer. 

The Avatar watches the airships take over Airtemple Island with sadness. It had been her home for months and now.. now it would be gone. Mako encourages her to get moving. Daiyin was the one walking on front. Well, she was limping, but still. Korra sees it and worries about her. It must really hurt, yet she says nothing. "Shall I heal your ankle? With you being hurt we get nowhere-" Daiyin bites her lip and releases a soft hiss when she places her foot wrong. "I'm fine, nothing to worry about. We shouldn't stop moving." She quickens her pace, though it obviously hurt her. Nobody dared to say something about it anymore, so they stay silent.

A  few  miles away from them, on a ship that carried the flag of the United Forces and that of the Fire Nation, a man walks up to his general, who was staring at the wide sea before them with his hands on his back. "General, I just received a wire from the Avatar. She says Amon and his forces have gained control of the city." The man nods shortly. "Has she said anything about Daiyin?" "No, General. How do you want to respond?"

"Tell her we will be arriving in three days time and that I look forward to winning back Republic City, together." The man salutes his superordinate. "As you wish, General Iroh." The man continues to watch over the sea and mumbles to himself.

"I guess our reunion will be earlier than we suspected, cousin."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 8K 26
[Currently going through a re-writing process] {Formerly known as "Extra Airbender"} Nini is the eldest daughter of Master Tenzin and Granddaughter o...
81.9K 2K 34
Found as a child with a troubling and mysterious past, Eri was raised by Fire Lord Zuko. Growing up a traveler and warrior Eri was always taught to...
2.6K 115 17
Is this burden to heavy for you to carry? Is the rotting of her flesh weighing you down? IN WHICH the princess of the fire nation falls in love with...
6K 313 10
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...