Just Like Magic (Cedric Diggo...

By HarryPotterSaysHi

This story is not mine what so ever it's just a fanfiction I read that I liked that was on fanficion.net, and... More

Chapter 1: Comfort
Chapter 2: Nerves
Chapter 3: Caring
Chapter 4: Infatuation
Chapter 5: Jealousy
Chapter 6: Truth
Chapter 7: Honesty
Chapter 8: Hurt
Chapter 9: Changes
Chapter 10: Homesick
Chapter 11: Nightmares
Chapter 12: Expressions
Chapter 13: Revaltions
Chapter 14: Tough
Chapter 15: Interference
Chapter 16: Lies
Chapter 17: Disloyalty
Chapter 18: Need
Chapter 19: Joy
Chapter 20: Surprised
Chapter 21: Happiness
Chapter 22: Natural
Chapter 23: Worshipped
Chapter 24: Worry
Chapter 25: Revenge
Chapter 26: Hopeless
Chapter 27: Home
Chapter 28: Vain
Chapter 29: Weakness
Chapter 30: Separated
Chapter 31: Drunk
Chapter 32: Fire
Chapter 33: Luck
Chapter 34: Identical
Chapter 35: Wedding
Chapter 36: Cobwebs
Chapter 37: Splinched
Chapter 38: Rain
Chapter 39: Christmas
Chapter 40: Lovegood
Chapter 41: Twist
Chapter 42: Domino
Chapter 44: Bliss

Chapter 43: Brave

832 18 7
By HarryPotterSaysHi

None of us were shore how exactly Harry's plan would work. We only knew to make sure all the members of the Order were in Hogwarts ready for Harry's reveal. He was putting himself in a huge risk by stepping forward in front of Snape and having to hide until he was ready was making me anxious.

"Relax, Hermione." Sirius said.

I turned to him. "How are you so calm right now?"

"Do you honestly think any of us would let Snivellus hurt my godson?"

"No." I shook my head. "I guess you're right."

He looked at Cedric, Ron and me. "I want to thank you four for sticking by him. It couldn't have been easy but he's lucky to have such true friends."

"Are we ready all?" Lupin called as we marched our way to the ornate doors that led to the Great Hall.

We heard the big expel of breath from inside, and Kingsley Shacklebolt pushed open the doors.

Harry was standing out in the open as Snape looked on. "It seems that despite your greatest efforts, you still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster. How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night? Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man that trusted you, and killed him?"

Snape took out his wand, but McGonagall was too quick. She stepped in front of Harry as the array of students pushed back against the walls. She held firm, with her wand at the ready. We all followed suit and stuck out our wands as the two battled. McGonagall clearly had the upper hand until Snape disappeared from the hall.

With a wave of her wand she brought light to the room and the entire crowd cheered.

But from my spot at the end of the hall, I saw Harry fall to the ground and McGonagall go comfort him. The sky ceiling thundered and grew grey as random students began screaming. Voldmorts voice then echoed through the room.

"I know that many of you want to fight. Some of you might even think to fight is wise. But this is a folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and Hogwarts will not be touched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

As his voice abated all the students turned to look at where Harry stood.

"What are you waiting for?" Pansy Parkinson called. "Somebody grab him."

But Cho stood in front of him. Followed by me and other students, willing to die for Harry. Mr. Filch came running in, rambling about how the students were out of bed and in the corridor and we all stared at him in disgust.

"The students are supposed to be out of bed," McGonagall stated as she tried not to roll her eyes. "As it were, Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune. Please lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin out of the hall."

"And where should I lead them too?"

She crossed her arms. "The dungeon will do."

The room erupted into applause as the entire Slytherin house was escorted from the room. Those that were left broke up into groups in order to get those who didn't wish to fight out of the castle and the rest to help guard and search for the Horcrux. The entire Hogwarts castle was in chaos as we tried to secure the only place many of us called home.

Cedric and I realized something and sought after Harry immediately. "Harry!" Cedric called and Harry turned. "Hermione and I were just thinking... it doesn't matter if we find the Horcrux."

"What?"

"Unless we can destroy it." I answered.

"So, we were thinking... You destroyed Tom Riddle's diary with a Basilisk fang. Well, Hermione and I think we know where to find one."

Harry searched in his pockets. "Fine. But take this." He handed me his Marauders map. "This way you can find a way to get back."

He turned and started to run up the stairs. "Where are you going?" I called after him.

"Ravenclaw common room. I've got to start somewhere."

He ran up the stairs without a moment's hesitation with Luna, Ron and Cho following him. Cedric and I turned and ran towards the girl's lavatory where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets was.
------------------------
The opening of the Chamber of Secrets loomed before us. A round door with a snake on it stood before us. Though I had never been in the chamber, Harry, Ron and Ginny had talked about it often. I knew what awaited us behind that door and yet that didn't stop the fear from building. I whispered something in Parsletongue and Cedric stared at me in confusion.

"Harry talks in his sleep. Haven't you noticed?"

He smiled as the snakes slid out of the lock and the door opened to reveal a massive room. The walkway was lined with snake heads. At the end the massive head of Salazar Slytherin with the basilisk skeleton at the base of it. Cedric went forward to grab several basilisk fangs and I reached into my bag to pull out Helga Hufflepuff's cup.

"You do it." Cedric stated as he handed me the fang.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can." He assured me as he took the cup from my hand. He placed it on the ground and I just stared at it. What would the Horcrux do to me? I bent down and stared at the gold cup. I took a deep breath and went to stab the Horcrux with the fang. A figure loomed from the cup, pushing Cedric backwards and onto the ground.

"Hermione Granger... I can see your deepest fears. The boy who you love destined to abandon you the success you cherish doomed for failure. I have felt the love in you. A love that is unrequited. He is only using you. You will be friendless."

Cedric called out through the shadows. "Don't listen to it, Hermione! Destroy it!"

"You will lose... everything. The boy you love. The boy who lived... everything. You will always fail."

As the Horcrux spoke my darkest fears, my body remained still. Tears streamed down my face as Cedric and Harry appeared as ghost like figures and turned away from me. I called after them in vain as they disappeared and the grey smoke continued to swirl revealing memories of my childhood as girls picked on me and called me names.

"Hermione! Don't listen to it! I won't leave you ever again.... I love you! I love everything about you! You're brains, your wit... It's always been more! You know this! Destroy it!"

I realized he was right. "You're wrong," I whispered and I slammed the fang deep into the Horcrux causing the images to disappear and water to well up and crash down on Cedric and me. We tried to run from it but it chased us and soon we were soaked.

I turned to him and our lips crashed together. He held me there, not releasing, as the waves receded. When he pulled back we both smiled and I released a small laugh.

"You did it!" he screamed and he lifted me into the air and twirled me.

"Four down!" I laughed. "Three more to go!"
------------------------
When we left the Chamber the castle was in full blown war. Cedric held my hand as we raced down the corridor. Pieces of stone were falling from the ceiling and crashing all over. It was a miracle we hadn't been hit. We paused and Cedric opened the map, searching for Harry. Harry appeared in front of a wall and then disappeared. We ran towards the Room of Requirement, knowing that was where Harry must've disappeared too.

As we searched through the cluttered room, we heard muffled voices. I saw Malfoy with his wand pointed at Harry and without thinking I defended him. "Expelliarmus!"

Malfoy turned on me. "Avada Kadavra!

Cedric deflected it and chased after him. "That's my girlfriend, you git!"

The diadem had been thrown to the top of a large pile and Harry and I climbed until he finally had it in his hands. We jumped down and smiled at each other until we heard Cedric scream telling us to run. But we both froze.

Then from behind a corner he ran towards me taking my hand and pulling me with him. I looked over my shoulder at Harry running away from a dragon made of fire coming from the direction we had just been. Navigating our way out of the room was tricky. Eventually we were completely surrounded by fire. I sent a spell to push it back and then Harry noticed the broomsticks.

We each grabbed one and hopped on, making our way out of the fire. On our way out we passed over a distraught Malfoy .

"We can't leave them!" Harry yelled over the roar of the fire.

Cedric nodded and we all turned around. With only the skill of Quidditch players they worked together to get Malfoy out of there. He rode on the back of Harry's broom and I led the way out of there. With a tumble we all got out of there and I threw a basilisk fang to Harry as he stabbed the Horcrux and kicked it back into the blazing inferno that was once the Room of Requirement.

Harry fell backwards with the impact as his eyes became unfocused. The connection seemed stronger than ever before as he panted. I knelt beside him and pushed back his hair in an effort to comfort him. Harry just didn't seem to be able to relax.

Finally, he blinked and looked at me. "It's the snake. She's the last one. It's the last Horcrux."

I studied him, already knowing too much. But, Cedric knelt down beside me. "Look into him, Harry. Find out where he is. If we find him we find the snake and we can end this."

My eyes filled with tears as I watched Harry struggle. He closed his eyes and focused. By his heavy breathing and the sweat dripping from his brow I knew he was in pain. Finally, he expelled a breath.

"I know where he is."
------------------------
We ran down the steps of Hogwarts and met up with Ron and Luna. Together we deflected spells and looked out for one another, navigating our way to the boathouse. Our school was in ruins. Every part of it was wrecked and yet we pushed on. As we slowly crept to the boathouse we saw Voldemort and Snape inside.

"The wand resists me." Voldemort said.

"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander said himself." Snape replied. "Tonight when the boy comes it will not fail you I am sure of it. It answers to you. And you only."

"Does it?" The Dark Lord asked after a moment.

"My lord." Snape replied, confused.

"The wand. Does it truly answer to me? You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must no. Where does it true loyalty lie?"

"With you, of course, my lord."

A moment passed before Voldemort spoke again. "The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner." Footsteps approached the window. "You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and truthful servant. But only I can live forever."

The sound of a spell slashing through the air echoed and then sound of a man in pain. We saw Snape call against the glass and then slide down the window pane. Voldemort walked away from our old professor and we heard him whisper before we heard the telltale hiss.

"Nagini kill."

The sound of Nagini repeatedly attacking Snape was impossible to bear. No one deserved to die that way-not even Snape. Eventually the attack slowed and we heard Voldemort gather Nagini to his side and Disapparate. When we were sure he was gone, we entered. Snape was against the glass, bleeding profusely from his neck. Harry, despite his previous aversion to the professor, ran towards him and cradled his enemy's face in his hand.

Snape looked toward Harry as a tear feel from his eye. His hand lifted and pointed to the lone droplet. "Take them. Take them. Please."

"Give me something." Harry turned to me. "A flask. Anything."

I reached into my bag and pulled out a tiny vial. Harry took it from me and lifted it up to the professor's cheek and caught his tears.

"Take them to the Penseive." Snape ordered. Then his voice sobered. "Look at me." He paused and stared at Harry. "You have your mother's eyes."

And then he died. We watched as his eyes closed and he took his final breath. There were no tears. No large crowd. And, yet, no one but us five had witnessed the bravery of Severus Snape that night. A large screeching sound came and we all clutched our ears in pain. Then Voldemorts voice echoed once again.

"You have fought valiantly... but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilt is a terrible waste. Therefore, I ask my forces to retreat. In their absence, clean up your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you on this night. You have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is not greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and meet your fate. If you do not meet me within the hour I will kill every last man, woman, and child who tries to conceal you from me."
------------------------
"Where is everybody?" I asked as we walked through the entrance to Hogwarts.

We followed the destruction to the Great Hall where dead bodies were littered everywhere. Others were being tended to, while other tried to regroup. Everyone looked beaten and tired. Ron ran to his family when he caught sight of Percy's body lying on the ground. Luna held him close as the entire Weasley family broke down into sobs.

Cedric and I looked around and found Tonk's body being covered by Lupin. He brought his fingers to his lips and brought them to her forehead as tears silently streaked down his face. Cedric held me to his side as he met up with his parents who were covered in cuts and scrapes. I helped as best I could to anyone who would let me. I wasn't practiced in the art of healing but I knew enough that I could be of some worth. When we had done all that we could do, Cedric, Ron, Luna, Cho, and I wandered out into the hallway and collapsed on the staircase.

"Where's Harry?" Cho asked as she looked around.

"He'll be along." I stated in a low voice.

"You don't think he's gone to the forest, do you?"

No one answered.

We talked in hushed tones as we all searched for comfort. I was becoming increasingly worried for Harry. He hadn't returned since leaving the Great Hall. None of us asked us where he was headed, we assumed he had gone up to Dumbledore's office to use the Penseive and see what memories Snape had wanted him so desperately to see.

After a while, we heard footsteps approaching and turned to see Harry descending the stairs. Cho ran to him and hugged him. He carried her down the stairs and pulled her arms off him. He touched the side of her face and kissed her temple.

"We thought you had gone to the forest." Cho whispered her voice happy.

Harry sighed. "I'm going there now."

"Are you mad?" Ron questioned.

"No." Cho cried.

Luna was holding Ron back. "You can't give yourself up to him."

Cedric looked at me with curiosity as my eyes stayed trained on Harry. I knew. He had figured out what I had only weeks before. "What's going on, Harry?" At my question, all eye turned to me. "What is it you know?"

"There's a reason I can hear them." He answered. "The Horcruxes. I think I've known for a while... and I think you have too."

Tears fell from my cheek and I fell into Cedric's side. The truth was finally out. I knew it wouldn't be long before he gathered it for himself. It all made sense. The connection with Voldemort. The fact that Harry spoke Parseltongue. Their lives had been bonded from the moment Voldemort tried to kill Harry after his mother sacrificed herself for him. Harry, himself, was a Horcrux. He had to die in order for Voldemort to be defeated. Snape knew only because he was in love with Harry's mother, Lilly.

From the moment Snape commented on Harry's eyes... I knew. That was why he had been protecting him all these years. But there mere glance at Harry's eyes, Lilly's eyes... Snape would be reminded of the woman he loved who was now dead.

Cho was now clinging to Harry begging him not to go. That they would think of another way. But Harry kept talking about what was expected of us.

"Destroy the snake. You kill the snake and then it's just him."

When he pushed Cho away from him and Luna hugged her, I left Cedric's embrace and crashed into Harry's arms. I sobbed into his chest. "You're the first friend I ever had."

I felt him breath against me. Took that moment and locked it away before he pulled my arms free and left us all standing there in tears.
------------------------
Night was over and as a few strands of light worked their way through the grey clouds looming above, we exited the castle. Shambles lay before us, all that was left of our precious school. Out of the fog, a distance away, we saw Voldemort and his Death Eaters approaching. They pushed away the rock debris as if it were mere feathers and dust blocking their route. There in the front of the line, I saw Hagrid carrying Harry as tears streamed down his face.

"Neville," Ginny asked as she clutched his hand, "who is that Hagrid's carrying?"

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort screamed.

"No! No!" Cho screamed.

"Silence! Stupid girl!" Voldermort screamed. "Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth... you put your faith in me." He turned to his crowd, laughing. "Harry potter is dead!" Once again he turned to us. "Now is the time to declare yourself... join us or die?"

Draco was the only one to step forward at the pressure of his parents.

Cedric released my hand and with a kiss stepped forward. I gasped and tried to pull him to me but Ron and the Diggory's held me back.

"Your name?" Voldemort asked.

"Cedric Diggory."

"I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks."

"I have something to say first." He stated. "It doesn't matter that Harry's gone. What he stood for... what he fought for everyday still exists within us. We chose to stand and fight for Harry. All of us. And I'm not ready to give that up just yet."

I looked on as the Sword of Gryffindor appeared before my boyfriend. Astonished I watched on until a movement occurred in the distance. Harry jumped out of Hagrid's arms and the entire crowd screamed in excitement. Voldemort and Harry started fight as the Dark Lord lost control of his ranks. Sirius began screaming, "That's my godson!" And one by one the Death Eaters disappeared. We backed away into the castle fighting off spells that aimed toward us.

Cedric ran towards me planting a searing kiss on my lips.

"That was idiotic!" I whispered between kisses. "But brave."

"Someone had to stand up for Harry. Might as well be me."

A large explosion caused Cedric and I to separate and be blown backwards. Nagini took that opportunity and began to slither towards me. I backed away as fast as I could but she was quicker. She lifted her head in the air and opened her mouth and shot towards me. But she never reached me. Cedric grabbed the sword and sliced away at its neck separating its head from its body and causing blood to squirt all over.

Cedric walked towards me, slowly, gaging my reaction, and I jumped up and fell into his arms sobbing into his chest.
------------------------
Cedric and I walked into the Great Hall and smiled at Harry who had his hand in Cho's. Ron and Luna wandered over and together we made our way to the entryway. We had won. The relief that flooded through us was almost too much to bear. We could finally stop living our lives in fear. Harry had defeated Voldemort but holding his own and when Voldemort's own Killing Curse rebounded he was gone.

"Why didn't it work for him?" I asked as we kicked at the ruble. "The Ender Wand."

"It answered to someone else." Harry answered. "When he killed Snape he thought the wand belonged to him but the truth is it never belonged to Snape. It was Draco who disarmed Dumbledore that night in the Astronomy Tower. From that moment on the wand answered to him... Until, the other night, when I disarmed Draco at Malfoy Manor."

All of our jaws dropped. Ron was the first to speak up, "What are you going to do with it? With that you're invincible, Harry."

Harry stared at the wand before him and broke it in two. He then threw the broken limbs over the side of the bridge without a second glance. Cho and I both stared at him with adoration. Meanwhile Ron seemed to be trying to figure out a way to bring the broken pieces back up and fix them. Luna was practically pulling him back over the edge.

At a moment when Harry could've been a true master of death... he gave it all up.

We all looked out over the horizon, each wrapped in the embrace of the one we loved and smiled. It was over. The war was finally over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 1.9K 28
"I like you. It's doesn't feel like its nothing anymore." He said to the young brown hair caramel eyed girl in front of him. "Hermione...what you thi...
136K 4K 43
She was an accident. That's what she really was. Born a royal. Raised a commoner. An insignificant girl, born to have children and make her future hu...
47.9K 2.4K 28
Desdemona Humphries leads a rather unspectacular life. She's a great daughter, grand-daughter, and aunt. She helps her brother coach little league an...
7.5K 308 14
So this is my fourth Harry Potter Marriage Law story. I've done a Snamione one, Remione and Dramione. I've also done a story where Hermione was with...