Time After Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book two of captain america's daughter hazel's getting used to the attention ever since hydra was taken down... More

a/n
age of ultron cast
one - sokovia
two - rebel
three - ice
four - whos worthy?
five - no strings on me
six - this is rage
seven - the cooler avengers
eight - wa-wakanda?
nine - a promise broken
ten - safe house
eleven - pep talk
a/n (sony and disney)
twelve - korea
thirteen - creation of a vision
fourteen - one after another
fifteen - seventh avenger
sixteen - lifeboats
seventeen - together
eighteen - his sacrifice
ninteen - graduation
twenty - post credits
civil war cast
one - lagos
two - a murderer
three - sokovia accords
four - debate
five - carter
six - united nations
seven - always ends in a fight
eight - custody and guardians
nine - consequences
ten - last moments of peace
eleven - united we stand
twelve - divided we fall
thirteen - strangers
fifteen - winning and losing
sixteen - definitely a father's daughter
seventeen - home is gone
eighteen - shock
nineteen - so was i
twenty - post credits
black panther cast
one - my hour
two - welcome home
three - waterfall
four - forties charm
five - oui oui
a/n chadwick boseman
six - now or never
seven - zane the zoomer
eight - simple
nine - facing a future fight
ten - hydra's a bitch
eleven - no place on earth
twelve - bloodthirsty
thirteen - the jabari
fourteen - delicate snow
fifteen - like my father
sixteen - true king
seventeen - sunset
eighteen - post credits
next book announcement

fourteen - quinn

3.8K 114 91
By Malielena

I blinked and looked at my Dad, he gave a sympathetic look to me. He knows my expressions well.

"What do we do, Dad?" I whispered.

"We fight." He nodded slightly.

I looked up at him, if I was a normal kid I would run from a fight but I'm not.

I don't think I'm an avenger anymore. I'm fighting for my family.

Steve Rogers is my dad, my only family member I have left and I have to save what I got.

We're done, the avengers are broken up like a band would.

"There was an idea,"

I thought we could be more, we are all remarkable. The idea that Fury had for us all is dead.

We can't even fight our own battles how can we fight for others.

"The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people,"

It's over.

"See if they could become something more."

It's really over.

"See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could."

The avengers are dead.

I gritted my teeth, preparing for the fight. Brother against brother. A day I hoped would never come.

We all started jogging towards one another, I stared at Peter.

I don't want to hurt him, but if he stands I'm the way I can't hesitate to move him out of the way.

Not murder no I could never do that, but he could get hurt, really hurt. But he had his chance to back down.

So did I but look at me now.

We started running faster and faster and then...

We collided, metal sounds and sounds of punches were heard throughout.

No one wants to lose and frankly we can't, we really cannot lose.

I grabbed peters bicep and flung him down harshly. I wrapped my leg around his shoulder and locked my arm around him.

"Okay, we're clearly not agreeing...I'm sorry." I gripped tighter, trying to choke him out so he'll pass out but I really don't know his limitations.

Heck I barely know mine.

He gripped my leg and pulled me with his strength, he's stronger then me.

I kicked him in the stomach and then blasted him back with ice.

Peter got up and was about to throw a web at me but Wanda surrounded him with her powers and threw him back far.

"Why is everyone pulling their punches?" She muttered.

My chest heaved, I feel like I'm loosing it.

"Hazel the fight isn't over come on!" She yelled.

I got up, I was supposed to stay with dad but he's running off, I started booking it towards him when Peter swung past me.

"Pet- Spider-Man seriously fuck off." I grunted and felt a sharp pain in my side.

It felt like a knife but I wasn't attacked. I regained my composure and stood in an attack position next to Dad.

"That thing does not obey the laws of physics at all." Peter pointed as he was in a pose.

"Look kid. There's a lot going on here that you don't understand." Dad said, and wow the Dad tone was very apparent.

"Mr. Stark said you'd say that. Wow." He fired his webs which sticked to Dad's shield and ankle. He pulled and Dad slid towards him. Peter kicked him backwards, then rolled clear.

"Listen I understand, I know how you work I have a kid of my own." He glanced over at me.

"Tony also said you would try and play the father card." Peter shrugged.

I inhaled sharply as I felt another sharp pain, did I get hurt and not feel it? No I barely have started. That's impossible.

I think my dad has super father sensing because he read me perfectly. "What's wrong." He whispered not taking his eyes off Peter.

"Nothing, I just feel weak." I rubbed my side.

I then felt another pain.

Oh yeah the bracelet is broken but there's no nosebleed, just pain in the inside that I have never felt before.

I feel so out of it like I can't make good decisions. I kept myself up, trying not to fall over. I can't be weak right now.

"Hazel come in, we need back up." Sam's voice sounded low.

"Yeah, coming in a second." I replied and looked over to dad to make sure I could go.

He shook his head. "You're not fighting."

"Is this really the right time to argue now?" I gritted my teeth from another shot of pain down my back.

"It's okay my little Quinn, we'll get out of here I promise."

I looked around, trying to spot the voice I just heard.

As Peter fired some webs which sticked to Dad's shield and ankle. He pulled and Dad slid towards him. I stumbled out of the way because my thoughts were being invaded by a voice o never heard.

Peter kicked him backwards, then rolled clear.

"Please don't use it, She just a baby! She can't handle that!"

There is it again.

"He also said to go for your legs." I heard Peter's voice in the back of my head, it's like all my thoughts are floating around and I can't tell what's real or fake. As Dad ran to get his shield, Peter webbed his hands and pulled. Dad gritted his teeth, spun and then somersaulted, propelling Peter through the air.

"Quinn I promise, hold on you'll escape it, just listen to my voice, I'm holding your hand...Can you feel me?"

It's so familiar yet so, unfamiliar.

Dad catches a web and tugs Peter towards him, knocking him down with his shield. Peter recovered and pulled himself up on top of a gangway. "Stark tell you anything else?"

It's horrible that Peter chooses Tony who he barely knows over his best friend of almost two years. I guess that's how friendship works.

Barry did the same thing. He chose Wendy over me.

I'm just not worth it, eventually everyone leaves I should've known.

"That you're wrong. You think you're right. That makes you dangerous." Peter swung down and Dad leaped to kick him backward onto the gangway's leg.

"Guess he had a point." He threw his shield at the leg and the gangway falls. Peter held it up. "You got heart, kid. Where're you from?" He caught his shield.

If I was thinking correctly I would have laughed at this situation.

"Queens." He grunted and was trying to hold up the gangway beat he could.

"Brooklyn." Dad said, grabbing my shoulder and moving me along.

"Use the mother, leave the child until she breaks out then make sure you erase it all."

"Sir, It's a baby, it won't remember-"

"No! We don't take chances."

I put my right hand on my head. "Stop it!" I sniffed. I always start sniffing before I cry. He knows this and lifted me up.

"I'm not a child put me down." I tried to break loose.

"Last time I checked you're basically still one." He jogged behind some boxes and gently set me down.

"What's going on tiger? This isn't the time to break apart."

"Don't you think I know that?!" I raised my voice. "I'm weak, I can't handle any of this."

"Listen-" he began.

"Everything is falling apart!" My voice cracked. "I..I lost everything and now I'm hearing random voice about a stupid baby named Quinn and who knows how it's happening! Everything hurts and I can't even fight! The one good thing I can do Isn't working!" I hollered.

"Hazel come in we need you!" Sam's voice rang through my ears.

Dad put his hand to his coms. "Negative, she's down, Get Wanda." He commanded and put his focus back on me.

"But I don't need you to fight anymore, after this is all over it's just going to be me and you." He pulled some of my loose hairs behind my ear.

"You we're always meant to be an avenger, but it was never meant to be forever. I'm giving you the chance now to step back and not fight anymore..." he looked and pointed to where the quinjet was. "Just be ready to run, trust me."

"That was a horrible pep talk, I thought you were good at them." I took a deep breath.

He smiled for a second. "I'm coming." He said into his coms. "Stay here, or fight back, either way, We don't give up." He stood up and nodded at me before running into the fight.

I felt stable now, the voices stopped and I felt no more pain. I have no idea where it came from but I'm going to find out.

Meme time

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 6.8K 41
When suddenly a young girl is found in the ice, suspicions are raised as she is held in captivity, away from the new world she is yet to meet. Little...
672K 18.2K 83
❝ ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴏsᴇ ɢᴏɴ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ? ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ..❞ B...
35.7K 1K 13
Rebecca Stark was finally finding her place in the world. But now her father, Tony, is calling out terrorists, she's beginning to understand SHIELD i...
53.6K 1.2K 16
"It threw both of us off, maybe if I had paid more attention I could have controlled the situation better" "We could play the What if game all day...