Strength

By Eternal_18

Sophia is a shy 15 year old girl. The Wilsons adopted her after foster parents were arrested due to several r... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - A New Start
Chapter 3 - New Chapter
Chapter 4 - Stay Away From Her
Chapter 5 - Seriously?
Chapter 6 - Devil Duo
Chapter 7 - Riverwood High
Chapter 8 - First Day
Chapter 9 - Fainted
Chapter 10 - All Grounded
Chapter 11 - Friends
Chapter 12 - Wilson Brothers' Sister
Chapter 13 - Thank you Cake
Chapter 14 - Out To A Dinner
Chapter 15 - Enter : Crystal Hansen
Chapter 16 - Let's Par-Tay
Chapter 17 - Turmoil Of Confusion
Chapter 18 - The Prism
Chapter 19 - Damon's Deed
Chapter 20 - A Reunion of Agents
Chapter 21 - Three Times And The One Time
Chapter 22 - Hop On
Chapter 23 - Game Night

Chapter 2 - Not Our Sister

11.6K 353 65
By Eternal_18

We were all sitting in the living room. It had a cozy feeling in it. There were two couches a coffee table and a big flat screen T.V. The boys were still glaring at me. I can't believe I am going to have to live with them. I was nervous enough when Violet told me she has sons but seven brothers is sending me to another level of anxiety.

"Boys, introduce yourself one by one," Jake spoke up. No one said anything, they just continue to glare at me. I looked down at my hands on my lap as I fiddled with my fingers. It was clear that they didn't want me here. 

"Start talking or get grounded" Violet threatened. One of them rolled their eyes and muttered something under their breath but he started speaking.

"Stephen, I'm 22." Just looking at him gave me shivers, he is really tall and big. But what scared me the most was the look he was giving me, like I have done some terrible crime.

"Cole, 21."

"I am Ryan, 19."

"Tyler, 18" "Tony, 18" The two boys spoke simultaneously.

"Why don't you get it?"  Tyler groaned. "I speak first because I'm older."

"By three minutes" Tony shot back.

Tyler opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by another boy. "Parker, I'm 17." 

"I'm Max, 15" The last one said. I nodded trying to remember all the names. Violet placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me encouragingly. I knew she wanted me to introduce myself so, I took a breath and spoke.

"I-I'm So-ophia. I'm 15." I whispered and hoped that it was audible to them. Apparently it was as Violet told the boys to show me, my room. And she would call us when dinner is ready. The four younger boys lead me to my room upstairs in silence.

We stopped in front of a room and I figured that it must be mine. I turned the door knob and stepped into the room when suddenly a hand grabbed my arm and turned me around. My eyes widened in fear, I saw Daniel standing there with that look in his eyes.

"Listen here," I came out of my phase and realized it was Tony gripping me. "You are Not Our Sister and we are not your brothers. We are not a family." He snapped and walked away with the rest of his brothers before I could respond. 

I had expected it. I find it hard myself to accept the fact that I foster-brothers, but hearing them say that hurts. I blinked back the few tears that came to my eyes and entered the room.

It was beautiful. The walls were a light purple. It also had a window and a bathroom. I put my bag on the desk and went to sit on the bed. I closed my eyes and tried not to think about anything and just rest for a while. But no matter what I do, my mind always wandered back to my old house. How I used to survive there. No one knew what was going inside those four walls, to everyone we were a happy, rich family.

I sighed and laid down on bed, but this time I thought about this new family. Will they accept me? Will I be able to trust them? I think only time can give these answers. I decided to unpack my bag to get my my mind off from these things. I opened the closet and began to fill it with my clothes.

-STRENGTH-

"Hey Sophia, are you coming to that party tonight?"  My friend asked. I don't know if I can call her that, though. For me a real friend is someone you can trust and rely on. With whom you can talk about anything. And I have none of those.

"No, I don't think so." I replied 

"Why? You have got to come Sophia." Another girl said and yanked my arm excitedly. I winced and pulled away my arm. "What happened did I hurt you, I'm so sorry." She apologized.

"No, no it's not your fault. I fell down yesterday and hurt my arm." I assured her lying about the second part.

"OMG! Did you tell Daniel?"

"What are you saying, of course she didn't tell him. He would have called an ambulance for her."

"Yeah he is so protective of her. It's so cute"

"I want a dad like him"

They kept talking about my 'perfect' family while I stood there with my fake smile, like always.

-STRENGTH-

It was dinner time and everyone was gathered around the dining table. Jake was sitting at the head of the table with me and Violet on either side of him. The boys were glaring at me at first but got involved in their own conversations after some time. Violet and Jake were talking among themselves, it seemed something serious.

Everyone was almost done with dinner when Jake's phone rang. He shared a look with Violet and picked it up. "Hello...Yes?...Yeah I know...But...Okay we'll be there by tomorrow" He sighed and hung up the phone. Everyone was silent and staring at Jake.

"Okay, listen kids," Jake started "I know we said that we would stay longer this time but it's important. Violet and I will have to leave tomorrow. I'm sorry kiddos" He said with a sad face.

I was confused, what were they talking about. But I figured that now is not a right time to ask.

"Hey don't make that faces, we will come for Max's birthday next month." Violet tried to cheer them up. Her sons gave her a small smile and nodded.

Everyone shuffled to their own work after dinner was over. I went to my room thinking what just happened. It looks like my mind is never free of thoughts.

Violet and Jake are leaving tomorrow so I will be alone with the guys, who probably hate me.

By the way they were talking, it looked like they left the boys alone often.

I knew they own a business, so that means that either they don't control their business from here or they went on tours a lot.

I got changed into pajamas and went to bed. Someone knocked the door and I told them to come in.

I sat up on bed when Violet and Jake entered the room. They came to me and Violet handed me a box. I saw that it was a phone. I stared at the phone then at them in shock.

"Ms. Adam told us that your old phone broke."

"I-I... can't take it" I said.

"Oh shush, it's all yours now. And don't you dare argue me on that." Violet's voice became playfully stern at the end. She smiled at me. I smiled back and nodded knowing that she wouldn't back down.

"Also we are so sorry that you just arrived here and we have to leave but it's a work call we have to be there. We're very sorry Sophia." Jake said.

"It's really okay, but..." I trailed off.

"Don't worry Stephen will be in charge when we are gone." I was still uncomfortable with the news. Specially Stephen seemed the scariest of all the brothers.

She must have noticed my expression because she chuckled and said "Oh sweetie I know that you think that the boys hate you, but trust me they are just trying to look tough and strong. They will come around after some time."

She hugged me and wished me a good night. Jake stood behind Violet awkwardly, I knew he also wanted a hug, but was too hesitant. I remembered the ice-cream shop incident and how protective he was of me. For the first time I felt that I could trust someone.

So I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. He instantly hugged me back and kissed my forehead. Soon, Violet made her way into the hug. 

I realized that there was a smile etched on on my face that wouldn't leave even if I tried. There was a new foreign feeling inside me. I don't know what it was, but I never want to let it go.

-STRENGTH-

Aww... I just melted writing the last scene. Isn't Jake sweet?

On the other hand the Wilson brothers are still not on good terms with Sophia. According to Violet they are just trying to play tough.

What do you think? Do they have a reason?

Also, what do you think Jake and Violet do?

READ

COMMENT 

VOTE

Love, Eternal_18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 93 25
Kelsey was living her best life till now with her mother, her stepfather and her stepbrother. However, her life comes crashing down when her family i...
887K 23.8K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...
24.1K 408 25
16 year old Dawn is hiding a secret from her brother and their friends who her mother adopted. She now has four brothers. The only one that knows is...
57.2K 1.6K 36
Beatrice Anderson has never lived a normal life. Living in a town where gangs run wild and no one seems to follow the law Beatrice has become quite...