Cold Blooded (Tom Riddle x Oc...

By TheNightwisher

Catherine Potter, prefect for the Hufflepuff house, is loyal, brave, fiery, and compassionate. She was belove... More

Chapter 1: Perfect Prefect.
Chapter 2: Caught In The Act.
Chapter 3: A Debt Must Be Paid In Full.
Chapter 4: More Then Just A Pawn.
Chapter 5: He Always Has A Plan, That Dumbledore.
Chapter 6: Petrified Heart.
Chapter 7: Stand By My Side.
Chapter 8: Ah, Jealousy.
Chapter 10: Tis the Season, for Birthday Surprises!
Chapter 11: Truth and consequences.
Chapter 12: Blinsided.
Chapter 13: Its Complicated.
Chapter 14: Duel of Fates.
Chapter 15: Sealed By Fate.
Chapter 16: Fall from Grace.

9: A Date to Remember

395 12 9
By TheNightwisher

So when I was writing the first part, I laughed the whole time...
oh, my poor Tommy boy, you're adorable.

Warning! this chapter involves animal cruelty. I will put a

at the scene where it begins so, you can keep skipping if you are bothered, and I will explain at the end of the chapter what happened for those who missed it :)

          ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Tom stroked his precious snake, Nagini, while sitting on his bed, contemplating which outfit would suit the occasion. Nagini, she was once a beautiful lady — cursed as maledictus — she was now forever a dangerous Python.

"Nagini, you were once a lady yourself. You shall help me pick the best outfit," He said, hoping of the bed and onwards towards his dresser.

She reluctantly uncoiled herself and followed. "If I must."

Tom shook his head with a half-smile. "Don't be so disagreeable. That's my job," Tom nagged.
"Besides, it's the utmost importance that I look my best for her."

The snake just stared at him like... really? If she were human again, an eyebrow definitely would be raised.

Tom scrambled through his draws, woefully lacking in nice clothing. One of many disadvantages of living in an orphanage. He stumbled upon a few, but some of his choices are requiring more... creativity.

He placed them on the bed, pointing to the first set.
"Okay, we have a button-up shirt and pants, all black," he said with a hint of anxiety as he looked at his scaly friend for approval.

The snake continued to stare, not impressed in the least. However, judging by the others, it's the best the sorcerer has. "Perhaps," Nagini growled softly.

Tom moved to the next set, his posture even more rigid than before. "Then we have a hand-me-down sweater, Slytherin house colors, and the same black pants, maybe?"

Nagini shook her scaly head.
A two year could pick better clothes than these. "Don't flaunt your house — show her other sides of yourself ."

Tom got the gist as he moved to the last option. Even he looked at them with a questionable frown, but he slowly turned his head — not even wanting to ask, but what kind of words can a snake say that could possibly make this any worse?

"Simple white button shirt, suspenders, and khakis?"
He cringed, just mumbling it. The snake sighed in exasperation.
Nagini raised her elongated body till she was at eye level with Tom.

"You're bad at this!" Nagini hissed violently; it made Tom gulp. She lowered herself back to the floor, her head gently resting on his feet as an apology for scaring him — not that he will admit to being frightened.

"Just wear the all-black outfit."

Tom nodded, picking up the other clothes shoving them back into the dresser. "You know I've never done anything like this before," he stated plainly as takes off his shirt, showing his nice hairless chest and decent abs.

"Do I detect a hint of trepidation?" Nagini questioned.

"I'm not nervous. How dare you imply such a thought," Tom opposed, stopping to glare at his pet. "I should crucio you for that."

Since his snake is his only being of comfort, unless you involve Catherine, he wouldn't harm her.
But rest assured, if it was anybody else — and he means anyone — they would be on the floor rolling in agony.

He continued with his shirt; then he started stumbling with a tiny button. He cursed under his breath. Nagini lets out a weird sound — like a mix of a hiss and laughter. "Sure, whatever you say, human," she grumbled as she slitherd back up the bed.

"Oh shut up," he barked, picking up some of the his cologne and squirts a few times, sending a mass of cologne not only on him but through the air surrounding the poor snake.

"You're going to give me a headache," Nagini snapped at him. He rolled his eyes, ignoring his sassy ass snake.

"How do I look?" He asked, his foot tapping nervously to ground. He still denied that he was not anxious. He modeled for his pet, and Nagini nodded her head with a satisfying hiss — admiring him.

"You look good enough to eat, now get you pompous fanny out of here. For girls don't like their men to be late." She placed her head back down and coiled up for a nap while her human went out on his very first date — it should be memorable. Tom rushed like a made dog to get to The Three Broomsticks on time, eager to see his Catherine.

          ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Catherine dressed in a black long-sleeve turtle-neck shirt. A red plaid skirt with stockings and leather low pumps.

She decided to make her hair curled up to par with the 1940s look.  For makeup, she went with just small cat eyes for eyeliner and red lipstick. She didn't bother to do foundation or that nonsense. And no mascara, because she has naturally long eyelashes, thank Merlin's soul.

Last but not least, she had at least 20 different fragrances to choose from. She just went with the most iconic Coco Chanel number five. Few squirts of that, and she went on her merry way.
Extremely excited and nervous about this wonderfully planned date.

           ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Catherine grinned at the sight of Tom pacing back and forth. She giggled to herself as she ogled over his outfit. All black and brooding with a load of mysterious vibes, and she loved a good mystery — especially one this handsome and charming.

"Tom!" She said with excitement.
She pulled him into a hug. Tom grunted as he stood there stiff as a board.

"Are you okay?" She asked, pulling away.

He nodded, biting his lip. "Yes,
I just..." his words faded. He didn't know what to say when it came to this sort of thing; instead, he forced a smile, it looked painful.

———

She raised both her eyebrows in concern. "Tom, if you not feeling up to it—"
He shook his head instinctively, grabbing her wrist feeling her pulse. Her mouth goes agape; she would have thought she was used to that by now.

Her heart was beating a hare-bit faster than his. It's a soothing rhythm, one he wished to hear instead of feel. He looked down — he would be fine standing in the middle of nowhere, just him — her, without a care in the wizarding world. But that's a dream. The reality is much darker — more complicated.

"Will you stay?" Tom whispered under his breath, barely audible to Catherine. She gazed intently at him, and it seemed he would be faint with his face whiter than Sir Nicholas. The redhead closed her mouth and her other hand rested on his own.

"I'm not going anywhere," Catherine assured. "Besides, I didn't dress up this good just to leave."

Tom chuckled with a half-smile, which brought some color back to his already pale face. He let go of her wrist, and he pulled down his shirt with a deep-throated cough. The redhead appeared to admired his model-worthy face as they walk deeper into the pub. They sit on a cozy leather brown couch in the corner. A walnut coffee table stood in front of them, with a few magazines and the current daily prophet.

When they shifted around and are comfortable next to each other, Tom got a good look at his girl.
Her hair was usually curly today.
It suited her personality well. Makeup was nice, but he wasn't into that, even if the red lipstick gave him naughty thoughts.
Her outfit was so unbelievably cute. With all this, Tom had to say something before his head explodes with all these new desires and thoughts.

"You look beautiful, Catherine," he said in a soft voice, a tone the redhead had never heard before. She turned to him with rosy cheeks, and before she can respond, an older waitress came over.

"What can I get you two today?"

Catherine moved to have space between herself and Tom and gave the waitress a friendly smile.
"Well, I would like to have two orders of stake with crisps, and my drink will be warm butterbeer."

Tom looked at her, surprised.
"How do you know my favorite dish?" He questioned her calmly.

"A girl has to have some secrets," she teased, poking his arm gently.
Tom scoffed lightly, letting the red-headed menace keep her secretes — he will find out — one day.

"Well then, I will have pumpkin —"

"Butterbeer or Hot chocolate at the very least, Tom," Catherine gawked overtly. "Something that we don't often have at Hogwarts."

He shrugged, "I don't like it."

"Have you tried it," she questioned backed, giving him this curious yet, I called your bluff gaze. Of course, she was smart enough to ask, and he should've lied.

"I don't like chocolate," Tom explained, not looking into
Catherine's eyes. "And butterbeer seems to sweat."

"So, you assume you don't like something. I didn't take you for the type Tommy boy?" She said, poking fun at him a bit. Her stubborn and insufferable ways will never change; the serpent knew this for sure.

Tom shifted in the seat, flipping his one hand in the air with a heavy, defeated sigh. "Yes, fine I will have Butterbeer instead." He said with a grumble at the end. The waitress gave them a knowing smile and walked away, leaving Tom and Catherine alone in the corner.

"I'm so proud that you can try new things — truly; it's astonishing." She teased.  In response, he glared at her, not knowing whether to kiss or kill her.

"I've been trying new things the moment I met you," he muttered just loud enough for Catherine to hear. She leaned her head against his shoulder; he stiffened but slowly, he relaxed. Tom will admit to finding it more than tolerable being touched, but only by his red-headed menace.

Then the waitress appeared with the glasses of Butterbeer.
Immediately Catherine took a nice long sip and gently sighed.
Warmth spread throughout her body; she smiled at Tom brightly.

"This hits the spot on a cold day. Come on, try a sip."
That's when she noticed him looking at her funny with his eyes slightly squinted, his mouth twitching. Then for the first time in entire existence at Hogwarts, Tom Riddle laughed, though he tried to suppress it by bringing a hand over his mouth.

"What's so funny?" Catherine asked; she felt the heat of blush appear on her cheek, making her feel a bit self-conscious. She was about to duck her head, but Tom gently held her chin up, forcing her to face him.

"Just hold still," he whispered.
As ridiculous as this was, he found himself in the position of not being able to resist. He took his right finger and gently wipes her upper lip from the Butterbeer foam. Catherine becomes as still as a statue, watching as he took his finger to his lips and softly sucked the remnants of her drink into his mouth.

Catherine bit her lips as her eyes burn in desire. She had to know one thing...

"How did it taste?" She managed to utter out. Tom closed his eyes, and took a deep breath, then released it with a content sigh.

"It tasted like...  Heaven."
He then pulled her closer. Catherine placed her hands on his chest, feeling his solid yet smooth muscles unearth his black button-up shirt. He then captured those plumb lips with some of the delicious drink left. Then he stopped a moment, but he doesn't pull away.

"Extraordinarily sweat, " Tom breathed out as he puts his hands on her lower back -- tugging her into his lap. She straddled him, gazing into his eyes; they were intense and full of emotion instead of the typical emptiness. He pulled her back into the kiss, gently sucking on her lips, making sure he has every last drop.

"Exceptionally tasty," he gasped, and their lips touch again with even more intensity than the last-- divining him and her insane. Catherine brought her hands to his hair, her fingers enjoying the soft strands weaving through her fingers. If anybody dared touch his perfect hair, he would kill them but not her. He wanted her tender touch more than he could have imagined.

Tom moaned before his slick tongue begged for entrance into hers; they traced her cherry lips.
She teased him by biting his lips softly -- which he growled at.

Catherine smiled through the kiss, enjoying his frustration. But finally, she gave in, and at that moment, it felt like a thousand fireworks went off in both of them.

Catherine shiverd with bliss — goosebumps trace her skin.

Magnetic and electric.

Tom, being Tom, couldn't  describe what he's feeling exactly. But he did know this; lust was the most unique experience he'd ever felt. He wanted to explore this desire more especially with the most extraordinary and insufferable girl in the world.

A cough could be heard behind them. Catherine gasped as she scrambled off Him. Her face was as red as her hair as they saw the waitress staring at them in irritation.

"Here is your food, and if you could please refrain from doing... whatever it was you were doing."

Catherine face only flushed more; for a moment there, she forgot where she was — what she was doing. It was just her and Tom, no one else.

"Sorry," Catherine mumbled.
Tom looked away while he takes a sip of his butterbeer, which he now found an extreme likeness for, and pretending he's not here.

"Here is your meal." the waitress walked away like it was nobody's business. Tom and Catherine spoke about some likes and dislikes; typical icebreaker questions. Tom found some to be fascinating, if not ridiculous. He can honestly say he knows Catherine a bit more — and he is oddly pleased.

          ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

They walked back to the castle, side by side. The sky was clear, as millions of stars sparkled in the darkness. Their conversation inside the pub still
carrying on.

"So your favorite color varies; you prefer cold over hot weather, cats hold the key to your heart, and you believe in aliens?" Tom repeated questionably. " Did I miss anything?"

"You forgot to mention my favorite food being my mom's roast dinner, a few beloved activities like drawing, oh, one and doubt I take a muggle Coca-Cola over Butterbeer."

Tom shook his head, grateful for his brilliant mind, or he would forget over half the things Catherine believes in or fancies.
Quite an interesting character, Tom thought. Rather... adorable.

They continue forth till Catherine paused, gasping in surprise.
"Oh! A shooting star," she blurted excitedly. "Let's make a wish together. "

He scoffed at her. It had to be the most Hufflepuff thing she'd ever spoken of in her life -- such a childish tale -- making a wish at a star. "Seems tedious," Tom argued.

Catherine didn't reply at first. Instead, her face fell with a disappointed frown with glistening eyes -- as if Tom had stolen her favorite toy. "Why do you say that?" She questioned him.

"Cause it won't come true,"
Tom stated. Honestly, who believes in that sort of mumbo jumbo? And their wizards, he thought.

"You don't know if you don't try, haven't I proved that tonight!" She passionately explained. Tom looked at her with a suspicious smirk on his face. Why does she always have to be right? Tom Thought, it's infuriating and attractive.
He peered up at the sky and groaned in defeat.

"if it makes you happy,"
He said, taking his hand into hers.
"I wish..." but her finger slided across his lips.

"Can't say it out loud, or it won't come true."

He nodded and closed his blue eyes tightly. He thought of what he wanted most. He wished to be the most powerful wizard in the world and have Catherine Eloise Potter by his side as an equal. It's funny how his redhead menace had given him at least a 90° turn in life --- having an equal was a rival -- but not her, never her.

———

Catherine's eyes were already closed as she wished for a long and happy life with Tom Riddle.
After a moment, she sealed her wish with a soft kiss.

"Thank you, Tom, for making this night special for us both," Catherine said, beaming as bright as the sun. She takes his hand, giving it a gentle squeeze as they head home.

         ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

✨ ✨        ✨

Immediately after entering the castle, Catherine could hear someone's cry for help. But the was tone was off. Whoever it was in extreme agony for the voice to be so... distorted.
Both looked at each other and ran towards the screaming.
A student appeared at the end of the second-floor corridor hovering over a snake's mangled body!

Catherine ran faster, Tom by her
side. She had seen him distress before, in the forbidden Forest, but this wasn't just anxiety — it was full-on fury with his usual blue eyes black as night -- fist balled as if he was going to punch through a brick wall. She believed nothing could stand in his way.

"Nagini! you there, get away from her!" Tom shouted as he pulled out his wand. "Confundo!"

The feminine figure with golden-brown hair backed away from the scene. She circled around  like a lost puppy dog -- shaking her head in confusion. That's when Catherine froze into place, eyes wide with shock, her lips quivered; she couldn't find the words to describe this terrible surprise.

"I can't believe you did this," Catherine said, appalled. "Bonnie, how could you!"

Catherine didn't wait for an answer as she moved to Nagini, who was twisting, blood pouring out of many gaping wounds that seemed to have been inflicted upon her by the trouble-making Gryffindor.

Fighting back her tears, Catherine fumbled through her bag, snatching a healing elixir her dad gave her for an emergency — she wished she had brought it during the werewolf attack. That night was a learning lesson; she now took it everywhere.

"Hold still, Nagini -- this will hurt a little -- but I will make it go away," Catherine said calmly as possible despite her hand shaking like a leaf.

"Please hurry!" Nagini hissed, but it sounded more like an outcry.
She droped the shiny elixir on the wounds. The snake recoiled but ultimately gave in, knowing this was best way for her to heal.
Tom no longer contained himself as he pointed his wand back to Bonnie McBurke.

"Crucio!" Tom roared, and the Gryffindor fell to the ground, twisted and screaming in agony.

"Confess, You filthy Mudblood!"

Catherine gapeed at him in absolute horror.
Tom looked visibly sinister in the dimly lit corridor — His devilish smirk on full display as if he was enjoying the suffering he was inflicting on Bonnie.
Tom threatening somebody like that -- using a forbidden curse? She tried her best not to cry, but it couldn't be helped; it was too much for the redhead to bear.

"Yes, I did it. Please stop, I beg you!" Bonnie said between screams. Catherine put a hand over her mouth. How could Bonnie be so callous towards this poor creature? The redhead understood that Nagini was a giant python that shouldn't be trifled with. But Nagini wouldn't hurt a soul unless Tom demanded it.

"Why? Nagini beg you to do the same, yet you couldn't be bothered, " Tom growled. "And quite frankly, neither should I."
He continued the curse; Catherine had enough and got up from the floor. Eyes full of tears, nonetheless, there was a fire burning inside

"Stop before it's too late," Catherine implored. " I promise that Bonnie will not go unpunished... I swear it!"
She was fierce and unyielding, making sure her words pierced through his thick skull. He reluctantly lowered his wand, but there was contempt in his eyes, his teeth grinded back and forth, His hand was shaking.

"This isn't over, Mudblood!" Tom snarled; his voice was low — almost inhuman. Catherine's whole body shivered before she gently tried to pick up Nagini. Even when coiled into a ball, she struggled to lift the creature as her arms wobbled. She gritted her teeth, trying to hold her up, but the snake was barely off the ground. Catherine didn't want to harm Nagini; She placed her back down Instead of risking more damage.

The redhead glanced at Tom — hoping he would help. Though, he continued staring, still shaking with hostility while standing over the panting Gryffindor. Catherine, without a doubt, believed if she wasn't here... Bonnie would be dead.

"Tom," Catherine barked, bringing him out of his daze. " Nagini needs you." Riddle halted his grinding teeth, but his jaw was still tense. His lips formed a thin line as he paced over to the redhead and his snake. He picked her up ever-so-gently with surprising ease as if he'd done this 1000 times.

"There will be revenge, my pet," Tom whispered coolly. Nagini coiled around him tightly; both he and Catherine could sense her fear. To ease her suffering, the Hufflepuff softly stroked her scaly head.

"I hope you get well soon," she said, her sweet voice full of sympathy. Catherine paused, thinking about Tom's words, especially one -- in particular -- one word. He will surely turn into a promise.

Revenge.

Catherine opend her mouth to say something, but nothing came out but an incoherent whimper.

"Riddle, Potter, and McBurke, please come to my office."

Someone said calmly; they all turned to see an older and distinguished professor with crescent glasses. Dumbledore stood before them all, concerned with his hands clasped in front of him. He was relaxed -- oddly calm -- considering what had just taken place. But that's just the many charms of Dumbledore and even in his older age -- he doesn't lose his composure and knows what was best through his endless wisdom.

Catherine sighed in relief; if anybody can sort through this madness, it would be Dumbledore.
However, after what the redhead witnessed, one can rest assured that she will defend Tom with all she had. While the other will suffer the consequences of their actions.

She glanced over at Tom, who wasn't shaking anymore, but you could sense his seething with his rigid frame; Catherine raised a hand to place it on his shoulder before his head snapped in her direction.

"Don't touch me," He said calmly but ever-so cold. Catherine did what he said, not wanting to cause more problems than there already were. But a part of her chest tightened. She wouldn't deny the hurt she felt from his rejection.

Tom mumbled something under his breath, but she couldn't make it out. He started walking in the opposite direction from The transfiguration office.
Catherine knew it was to put Nagini somewhere safe, but he better hurry before Dumbledore gets suspicious — thinking this was all Tom's fault.

   ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 🤍 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

✨ Okay those who skipped, Nagini was tortured by a Bonnie McBurke.

✨ Tom Riddle use the used the Cruciatus curse. But Catherine eventually stopped him

✨Nagini is OK🐍

✨ Dumbledore has called them to his office

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117 10 9
"She turned her head to her beaten and bruised friends, Ron, Hermione, Circe. This was her fault, she had brought them here. She turned towards him...
5K 234 29
Eleven monotonous years in the filthy Wool's orphanage that little Tom Riddle hated so much. But suddenly, one day, everything changed. On the day wh...
82.8K 2.2K 74
Rose Davies was no ordinary teenager, even though she felt like she was invisible. As Rose entered her fifth year of Hogwarts, she drew the attracti...
558K 17.5K 45
Have you ever wondered what life at Hogwarts was really like for Tom Riddle, known by his darker moniker Lord Voldemort? How did he manage juggling...