Adopted

By 22onedirection04

[This is a one direction fanfic.] This story is about a little five year old girl who's name is Penelope. She... More

before you read!
✰Facts About Penelope✰
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Epilogue
Thank you.❤️

26

2.4K 60 12
By 22onedirection04

‼️this chapter contains mention and description of abuse‼️

As I walked down the stairs I saw something laying on the doormat. It was a letter. And it looked exactly like the other one my dad sent me before...

....I picked it up and took a good look at it. Maybe it wasn't one of my dad's letters. But when I looked closer I could see my full name; "Penelope Rose Elisabeth Wilson". I didn't know what to do. I didn't want the boys to be all involved with this, I didn't want the boys to be hurt by my dad just like he hurt me. But at the same time I didn't want to be hurt by him again, just like he once did hurt me. And I knew if I didn't bring the letter to them then I would maybe get hurt again. Louis always said that it could be hard to do stuff by yourself sometimes, and that he'd always help me if I needed the help.

After a few more seconds with my thoughts about this letter, I had made up my mind about it and I decided that it would probably be the best idea if I showed it to the boys.

So I held the letter close to me in my left hand as I had Elliot in my other hand, swinging side to side as I walked to the kitchen.

"Hi sweetie, I've missed you so much!" Liam said the second he saw me coming into the kitchen. He lifted me up in his arms and hugged me tight. "You had a great day with the boys yesterday I heard" He said as he pulled away to look at my face.

"Yeah it was great" I said in a somewhat mellow voice.

I held the letter tight up my stomach and was kind of surprised that they hadn't noticed yet. 

"P, do you want jam on your toast?" Harry asked as he stood by the counter making sandwiches. "Yes please" I said as I looked at the letter. "Um..?" I started saying and I soon got all of the boys eyes on me.

"Yeah?" Niall questioned as he wanted me to continue.

"This laid on the doormat" I said as I brought up the letter so they could see it better. Liam looked at it with a chocked impression as he said; "It's another letter."

"Yeah. It says my name on it" I said as Harry came up to us, as well as the other boys. Liam sat me down on the counter right beside where we stood as he begun to examine the letter.

"it was on the doormat, yeah?" Louis asked and I nodded.

They all stood around to get a closer look at the piece of paper that Liam held in.

"P, do you want to open it?" Harry asked. His eyes were sweet and he looked at me with curiosity. I looked at the letter again, and then back to Harry. And to the letter again. "Yeah" I said as I held Elliot tighter.

"Come here, let's go to the sofa and read it" Zayn said as he let me down from the counter to walk to the living room.

We threw ourselves on the sofa to open the letter. I didn't know what to feel about it. It felt scary. 

"We don't have to read it if you don't want to" Niall said as he rubbed me my head. But I wanted to.

"It's alright. I want to open it" I said as I cuddled up to Louis who held his arms out. All of the other boys sat around in the huge sofa to listen to the letter.

"Alright sweetie" Liam said as he begun to open the letter. He took the paper out from the envelope and I could see the text that was written on piece of paper.

"You ready?" Liam asked, I nodded.

Harry carefully stroke my cheek as Liam begun to read.

"Hi my sweet angel. I sent you a letter a couple of weeks ago, but sadly you didn't write me one back. I was very sad about that. I've been trying to reach you in all the ways possible. But it's very hard when you're this famous. But I've been thinking that it would probably be a good idea to visit you. Have a little daddy-daughter date. Maybe we can watch The Lion king. I remember that you use to love that movie , right?  Well back to the subject. I was thinking that I could come soon enough. I would love to hug you again.
- Love dad."

Liam read. All the boys looked at me with a look that hardly could be read.

"is dad going to come here?" I asked, scared of my mind. "I don't, I really don't want him to hurt me again" I said as panic begun to form inside of me.

"Penelope" Harry said in a calm voice. "Listen to me alright?" He said as he sat himself right in front of me. He looked at me with a serious glare.

"Yeah" I let out as a tear slowly got down my cheek.

"I know this is scary, yeah?" I nodded as Harry spoke. "But I need you to know that we're never going to let someone hurt you again, especially your dad. He's not going to get near you sweetie. I need you to know that" He repeated.

"Okay, yes I know that" I said with a shaky breath. "Good" Niall said as he ruffled my hair, witch made me smile for a quick second.

"Let's not think about it anymore." Zayn said as he took my hair behind my ears.

"You know what?" Louis asked with a wide smile. "No?" I said unsure of what he had on his mind.

"Let's have the greatest day in history!" Louis said as he picked me up from the sofa. He swung me around like a carousel, and a giggle escaped my mouth.

"Yeah! We can bake, anything you like" Liam said with a smile, and Louis sat me down again.

"Yes! I want to bake a chocolate cake!" I said and all of the boys looked at me in chock.

"You want to bake a whole chocolate cake!?" Louis asked.

"Yeah!" I said with excitement.

"Honestly boys I'm on her side. I mean come on, it's freaking chocolate cake" Niall said as he stood beside Penelope.

11 hours later

Liam's POV

We all walked down stairs from saying goodnight to Penelope. We had most definitely had the most amazing day.

First of all we baked that chocolate cake and made a great mess in the kitchen, that's for sure. And then we ate the chocolate cake as we watched The Lion King, I mean what else would we watch?
And after that we painted a whole lot, honestly pretty proud of the work I did there.

We even got to skateboarding a little bit, since Penelope hadn't been doing that for a while.

The last thing we did was to make home made pizza. Witch ended up with us all sitting on the kitchen floor talking for at least two hours. And when I tell you Penelope told us the funnies of stories I'm not joking.

*

"Alright boys, let's talk about Penelope's dad for a sec. We really need to clear out what we're going to do" I said as we walked into the kitchen to clean the huge mess we'd made.

"Agreed" Zayn said.

"Okay we really need to get some of our security ready for us, I mean we don't even know when he's coming. He could literally come in an hour as much as he can come in two weeks" Louis said.

"True" Harry sighed.

"Alright okay we're are going to call security, that's good, but what will we do about Penelope?" I asked. "I would feel the safest if she still was with us you know? So we know she's safe" I said and the boys nodded.

"I mean I could have an eye on her, we could maybe go down to the basement or so. We maybe don't want Penelope to freak out so much, we should probably keep the subject a little low on her" Zayn stated.

"That's a good idea. We'll lock the door too, just for safety" Niall said.

"Yes. Maybe we should have some stuff down there so that you and Penelope could be all settled in when it all happens" Louis said.

"That's good, yeah"

"Well if he knocks at the door should we open or should we have security open?" I asked.

"It may be a little risky but I feel like if we open then it would be more natural, right?" Louis answered.

"Okay. if he asks about her then should we just tell him that we don't know her or something?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, that's good and if he just keeps pushing then we'll send security" Harry said with seriousness.

"We could for sure press charges against him, I mean we have two letters that's basically against a crime" I said. "His fingerprints is probably left on there the slightest" I continued.

"great then we seem to have a plan that's good enough"

3 days later

HARRY'S POV

"I'll get it!" I heard Penelope yell as she ran down the stairs, the door had just rang.

I immediately looked at Zayn as we sat down in the sofa. "What if?" I asked and he nodded.

"Uhh Penelope!" Zayn yelled as he sprinted up from the sofa.

ZAYN'S POV

I picked her up as she was about to jump off the last step of the stairs.

"Zayn? What are you doing" she asked with a giggle.

"Look, we're just going on a little adventure" I said as I tried to smile.

"Fun." She stated.

"Yeah and we're going down to the basement, to have a movie night. Fun right!" I said as I opened the door to the basement.

"The lion king?" She asked, and I nodded. "Yeah, if ya want"

I walked down the stairs that led to the basement, feeling my heartbeat quicken just the slightest at the thought of Penelope's dad. I wasn't afraid of him, but what I was afraid of was him getting a chance to hurt her again. I still remember the day when Penelope showed me her scars that he'd manage to put on her. She was just a tiny innocent thing that didn't deserve that at all. And the thought of her dad made me both angry and mad.

When we fully came down the stairs I sat her down in one of the sofas that decorated the room nicely. I looked at her with a sweet smile, trying my best to show her that what we were doing was something completely normal.

"What are we going to do now?" She asked with a smile back at me. "Well we can do whatever you want to do, but! we have to stay downstairs"

She looked at me with confusion strongly written on her face. "Why?" She asked.

"Well, because Liam and harry are going to have an important business meeting, and they don't want to be disturbed" I said before I started to get all the little activity items that me and the boys had sat down there a couple of days before.

HARRY'S POV

Right when Zayn had gotten Penelope downstairs to the basement I got up from the sofa. I felt my heart beating faster at the thought of him, mostly from anger. I walked to the front door and Niall, Louis and Liam had come down pretty quickly. Surely they had also been on their feet these past three days. I gave them a nod before as a reassurance that I now was going to open the door. I was now going to see the man that had hurt our little girl, but the hard part was that I had to play it all cool.

I pressed my hand down on the handle and twisting the lock, opening the door to reveal the man that stood there. He looked at me with a smile as he had his hands behind his back. Maybe a way to try looking as innocent as possible.

"Hi, what can I do for you?" I asked, and he chuckled. It was one of those annoying chuckles, but I guess everything about him was annoying.

"Um, yeah. I'm here to meet my daughter" He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I looked at the boys behind me with confusion, just like we agreed to do. We agreed to pretend not to know Penelope.

"Your daughter?" Louis then asked the man with his eyebrows furrowed, like he knew nothing about her.

"Yeah, I've sent some letters to her, so I think she knew I was coming" He said, maybe a little less confident this time.

"You mean that we're suppose to have a little girl running around here?" Liam then said with a laugh, witch we then followed along with, laughing as well.

"Oh don't you try to trick me, I mean I know that my biological daughter is in this house" He said, you could tell he sounded more frustrated. It looked like he tried to control his physical actions as he fiddled with his hands.

"What are you talking about lad? We don't have you daughter" Niall said as he once again chuckled, making it seem like it was the weirdest thing ever.

The man closed his eyes for a couple of seconds, he was really trying his hardest to not go off on all of us. "Well, maybe you'll remember her if I say her name, huh? Her name is Penelope Rose Elizabeth Wilson, she should be around five right now and I am the only one she has, so if you could be very nice and give me back my daughter!" he said with a calm voice at first that only grew angrier as the words came out of his mouth.

"Listen man we don't-"

"I know my daughters in there, let me go get her!" The man now yelled as he tried to push his way inside of the house.

I now knew that the security was bound to come. I mean if he came one step closer to her now, I would maybe give him a swing of my own.

As the man tried his hardest to get inside the house, we tried our hardest to keep him where he was before security came.

ZAYN'S POV

"Zayn look at how good I've gotten!" She said excitedly as she showed me her best handstand.

"Wow, you're going to be the next Spider Man aye?" I asked with a chuckle that she shared with me.

"I know my daughters in there, let me go get her!" Was heard from upstairs.

Penelope immediately froze. Looking with me with her eyes wide. Tears welling up in her eyes the second she heard the voice. She furrowed her brows as the tears came down on her cheek one by one.

"Zayn" She said as her voice cracked. She looked absolutely horrified.

I walked up to her before I picked her up, holding her tight, making her feel at least a little bit more safe.

"Zayn" She said once again. "What-what is he doing here?" She asked with panic strong in her voice. "No Zayn, I don't want to, please-please" Penelope cried.

"It's okay sweetie. He will not hurt you I promise" I said with a stern voice, making sure she knew I wasn't kidding.

"Niall, Liam, Harry and Louis, they're up there" She said as she pulled away to look at me with two panicked eyes.

"he's not going to hurt them sweetie"

"Yes, yes he is. he's dad, he's going to hurt them. Zayn I don't want to" She said as she grew more and more panicked by every minuet.

"Penelope I need you to take big breaths, you need to calm down sweetie. Okay?" I told her as I rubbed her back, trying my hardest to calm the frighten little girl in my arms.

LOUIS POV

The man that stood right in front of us tried his hardest to still get into the house. The security hadn't showed up yet, and I had no idea why.

"Let me inside for crying out loud!" He yelled, in anger and in frustration.

And before I knew it one of his arms were up in the air heading for Niall. Penelope's dads hand came somewhere on his face and he flinched away covering his hand over his face.

"The fuck you doing mate!?" I spoke in a raised voice, that man really getting on my nervs.

"Let me in and there will be no more!" The man shouted, angry enough to not even care over what he just did.

"Hey!" We heard behind the man and in came security. They took a strong grasp around his arms moving him further away from us.

"That's on freaking time mates" I said as we all were a little bit out of breath from keeping him away from us.

"Sorry, but the cops are on their way so don't worry" One of the security said as he himself struggled a tad with keeping the man still.

I looked over to my side to see Niall who had sat down holding his hand over his eye, looking like he was in pain.

"You good mate?" I asked and he nodded as he sighed.

"Yeah just a little cut, but I'm alright" He said as he took away his hand to show me the little cut right above his eyebrow.

"You probably need a couple of stitches for that mate" Liam said as we now all were gathered around Niall.

"Yeah? Well I don't really mind, it's nice to know that Penelope weren't the one who got hurt" he said with a little smile, a smile of relief.

ZAYN'S POV

I held the little girl tight in my arms as I tried my best to keep her calm, even though I knew it wasn't easy considered that the person who had hurt her the most was just a staircase away.

"Zayn" She kept on saying as a reassurance to know that I still was there, even though I held her tight in my arms.

"It's fine I promise. Do you see? Elliot is trying his hardest to stay calm, he knows that everything is going to be alright" I said as I motioned to the stuffed animal that she held in her armful.

"Yeah, yeah" She said as she looked at me with tearful eyes. I took my thumb to then swipe away the tears that just looked wrong sitting on her face.

"Your doing so good sweetie" She laid her head on my shoulder again and I felt the new tears that soaked my shirt.

And before I knew it the door to the basement was opened with a key, in that way I knew that it wasn't someone like her dad. Down came Harry, Liam, Louis and Niall. The one thing that shocked me was the blood on Niall's lower forehead.

"Penelope? Sweet, you okay?" Harry asked, and Penelope immediately shot up from my shoulder at another band mates voice.

"Did he hurt you?" She asked before she saw Niall.

"No, not me, I'm all good, but" And before Harry could finish his sentence she saw Niall's little cut on his forehead. She got down from my arms before she ran up to Niall's. He lifted her up and gave him a hug before she took both of her little hands and cupped Niall's face.

"I'm so sorry that he hurt you Niall. I'm sorry" She said with the tears hanging loosely.

"It's alright sweetpea, it's not bad, I promise, It'll be alright" He answered back.

"Did it hurt?" She asked as she cried softly.

"It did hurt a little but just a second, just like when you take your shots" He said with a sweet smile, trying his hardest to make the little girl happy.

"You sure?" She asked again.

"I'm sure, It's going to be fine" He said as he hugged her again. She whispered a sweet 'okay'

We all sat us in one of the sofas, Penelope sitting in Niall's lap, making sure he was okay.

"Where is he now?" She asked with fright in her eyes, scared to even know the answer.

"Your dad sweetie, will go to jail, and there he will be punished for what he did. He won't see you again, alright?" Liam said with a serious tone trying to get the little girl to understand.

"he won't see me again?" She asked again, really trying to get this.

"No, and he will not get a chance to hurt you or anyone around you, yeah?" Harry answered with a sweet and calm voice.

"Okay" She said and it was then it happened. She smiled a big smile, but it weren't just like any other smile. But this smile really screamed magic, it really looked like a five year old smile, that had hope in it and happiness. She was relieved and happy. It was like something had been taken off of her shoulders, something that she didn't even know were on her shoulders. She was truly happy. Even a little giggle escaped her.

********************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 122 31
Ariana was an orphan an had lived in an orphanage seance she was seven and abused. What will happen when Niall Horan's family adopts her an she deve...
14.1K 382 42
Seventeen year old Kaitlyn has to move to England with her family for her dad's new Job, while she's there she meets one direction but little did she...
1.1K 50 24
An ordinary girl living her life was forced to move with her family across the world to London. She warmed up to the idea after letting it sit for a...
209K 3.5K 37
Georgie Lux is a nine year old little girl. She once was an innocent girl but it was all stripped from her. She lived in a bad neighborhood with ab...