The Miseducation of Cameron P...

By Jena_The_King

"After escaping from the conversion camp Cameron and her new friends venture on to a new path" More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 1

773 21 24
By Jena_The_King

Cameron's POV

I can't believe that I'm here right now, in the back of a truck, with two of my closest friends, Jane Fonda and Adam Eagle, finally getting away from that place. I met them at 'God's Promise', they call it a retreat but its really just a Conversion Therapy Camp and we became pretty close.

Since my parents died the only other person I've been close with was my best friend Coley Taylor, I found comfort in her, we went through everything together, she was my rock but after we were caught in the back seat of my boyfriend's car making out, she stopped talking to me. Long story short we're not friends anymore, we were never really friends anyway, not long after my aunt found out what happened and I was sent away to a Christian retreat that's where I met Jane and Adam.

Jane is a weed God, a total f*cking bad ass. She hid weed in her prosthetic leg and they never knew. She's a legend, she was raised on a commune but she was sent there because of her new stepfather. She took a picture of me when I arrived. She was kind of mean at first but I grew on her.

Adam is a babe, but he wasn't at first he had walls up but I climbed over that shid. He's a Lakota boy, he identifies as a 'Winkte' (two spirited). He believes he has a man spirit and a woman spirit, the woman spirit is basically taking over. His father is a politician and his sexuality would wound any chances his father would have.

As we sit here in this truck not knowing where we'll end up, just happy that we're free from all that bullsh*t. The truck stopped and that notified us that this is where we'll be coming off. We got out and took a look around and noticed we were in Oakland. The harsh reality struck when I realised we had nowhere to go, but it beats being at God's Promise.
" Well we should probably start having some fun" Jane says as she smirks while walking away.
" Where are you going?" I say surprised. She turns around and looks at me.
" You really thought I would stop off in a city where I didn't have family?" She says.
"Wait you have family here?...Why didn't you tell us this before?" Adam said.
"I like seeing you guys scared" she says as she turns around laughing.
"Come on lets go" she motioned to us. We followed her for a while before I noticed that we've passed the same building twice.
"Do you even know where you're going?" I asked frustrated.
"Yes....No...I just have to remember, I haven't been here in years" She said squinting her eyes at a certain building.
"Is that it?" Adam asked.
"Yeah I think" She walked up to the building.
"So would this cousin of yours accept this?" I asked while we walked up the stairs.
"Yes, he actually was thrown out of our family for being gay, I'm hoping we can bond on that struggle" she says laughing. This girl is crazy I hope she's not kidding. We reach to a particular door "I hope he still lives here" I hear her whisper, before I could even say something the door opened.
"Umm hello" He said confused.
"Hey Parker its me, Jane, your cousin" she says looking up at him. He immediately engulfed her in a hug lifting her up off the ground shaking her making her prosthetic leg fall off. I was so happy he was there and also we didn't have to sleep on the streets, so its a win win. He let us in.
"So Parker, we need a place to stay" She said.
" No problem, but you guys are gonna have to get jobs and help maintain this place cause I won't be around" He answered.
"What do you mean that you won't be around?" She questioned
"Well I'm a photographer and I work with a magazine and I have to go to London for some photoshoots in July" He answered.
"Oh wow" Adam said seeming curious.
"So you guys have four months to get your shit together" He said as he got up. His apartment was massive. Why does he have so much rooms and space I wondered as I walked around.
"I only have two bedrooms available, so you'll have to share, I'll make some tea while you guys figure out who's sleeping where" He said walking off to the kitchen. Jane turned facing the both of us.
"Adam will have a room to himself, me and you will share the other" She said. I had no problem with that and I didn't have that much stuff anyway. We each took a shower and waited in the living room for Parker, he finally came out in pink pajamas like as flamboyant as possible, if I didnt know he was gay I would probably know now. He sat down and formally introduced himself.
"Hi, I'm Parker Swok" he said to us.
"This is Gay and that's Gayer" she gestured to us as she laughed. We rolled our eyes.
"Hi, I'm Cameron Post" I said.
"And I'm Adam Eagle" He said smirking.
"Its nice meeting you guys but I'm a bit tired so I'm turning in but if you're hungry there's some leftover spaghetti in the fridge" He said as he went to his room. We all looked at each other and race to the fridge. Jane got there first of course because she was closer. We sat down on the couch and enhaled that spaghetti, one moment it was on the plate the next moment it was gone.Lmao. We all went to our rooms and started unpacking. Jane and I discussed which part of the room is mine and how we would be sleeping.
" Wow, I cant believe we're out of that hell hole" I said.
"Yep, it feels great to be a free woman doesn't it?" She chuckled. Adam came over cause none of us were tired. We just kept talking and raiding Parker's fridge the entire night.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 7.1K 35
At an all girls boarding school, Willow is tasked with chaperoning the new girl, Jordan. She soon learns that Jordan has a talent for trouble, but Wi...
3.8K 182 32
BEING REWRITTEN. read final chapter for details.
74.2K 1.5K 21
Amanda falls for her mother's friend.
134K 3.3K 23
Story of how (y/n) and Hailee met and the rollercoaster ride that follows