I'll Help You « Michael × Eva...

By Obsessively_nerdy

(So... pretend that Evan "attempted" at the beginning of the year-ish, instead of summer. For the story. ;)) ... More

-Chapter One-
-Chapter Two-
-Chapter Three-
-Chapter Four-
-Chapter Five-
-Chapter Six-
-Chapter Six ½-
-Chapter Seven-
-Chapter Seven ½-
-Chapter Eight-
-Chapter Nine-
-Chapter Nine ½-
-Chapter Nine ¾-
🌼Smol A/N🌼
-Chapter 10-

-Chapter Four ½-

138 8 9
By Obsessively_nerdy

~He looks around and says to me, there's no where else I'd rather be~

(So. I'm adding in little Kleinphy chapters every now and then, because I seriously love Kleinphy... anyways-)

T.W: mention of drugs

Jared slammed his locker closed, about to leave for the day. Long story short, he felt awful. Yeah, what Connor said was hurtful, but that's not what made him feel bad. It was what he did to Connor.

He moved towards the exit to the prison-like building, until he heard the loud slam of a locker down a hallway. He jumped, turning towards the noise and breath catching in his throat.

Connor Murphy.

And he looked beyond upset.

Jared stopped himself from running up to him and apologizing right then and there.

"Jesus Jared have some pride," he scolded himself quietly.

He watched Connor secretly from behind a corner as he walked down the hallway, and scooted away once the emo boi leaned on the other side of the corner. They were basically leaning next to each other.

Jared's pride was instantly shattered and thrown out the window when he heard Connor sniffle. It wasn't an 'allergies' or 'sick' one. It was a legitimate 'I'm-trying-so-fucking-hard-not-to-cry' sniffle. The sound nearly broke him.

'The hell? What is this guy doing to me?'

He stepped back and away from the wall. He walked towards Connor again, pretending to see him and totally was not standing next to him for a straight two minutes.

When he did actually turn the corner, however, he became face to face with an... actually content looking Connor. It was really strange.

He was leaned against the wall, eyes closed and ear buds in. The right side of his hair was tucked behind his ear, left side remaining unruly and in his face. (So the fan art I put above? I actually found that after I put that description. I'm psychic.) He looked relaxed; like the weight of the world was no longer on his shoulders.

To say Jared was going through a gay panic would be an understatement.

Still trying to gather his cocky composure, he reached over and tugged on Connor's over-sized jacket sleeve. Connor jumped, and his eyes blinked open, pulling out an ear bud as his eyes narrowed at Jared after opening.

"What do you want?"

Jared held up his hands defensively, shaking his head and eyes widening at Connor's red ones.

"I just... I wanted to apologize," he sighed.

Connor's eyes softened a bit, and he smirked slightly.

"Who are you and what have you done with Jared Kleinman?"

"Har har," Jared rolled his eyes. "Really Connor. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

Connor smiled. Actually smiled.

"Y'know what? Thanks."

He took his ear buds out, pausing his music while trying to shield his phone away from Jared. He still saw the picture of the Tangled soundtrack cover, and the 'play' icon. He smirked, deciding to ask him about it later.

"Don't thank me, I'm apologizing," he snorted.

Connor shook his head with a slight smile. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Zoe, who was by the school's exit at the end of the hallway.

"Connor. Get your ass over here, sociopath."

(Hehe... I'm not making Zoe that great of a character... I just don't like her, so I'm taking that out on my book. Sorry not sorry XD)

Jared's brows furrowed, and he looked up at Connor.

"Sorry. She's my ride."

The meme teen shook his head, glancing at Zoe.

"I have a car. I can take you home."

Connor raised an arched brow.

"Seriously... why are you acting like this? And why now?"

Jared sighed.

"Today. You made me realize I was being a dick... well... how much it was affecting people, anyways. I want to make it up to you. I never really wanted to be the bully, y'know?"

Connor smiled again, brighter than Jared has... probably ever seen.

"Actually? I really really do."

"Connor-"

"Fuck off Zoe. I'm not going home with you," Connor snapped, glancing down softly at Jared.

Zoe scoffed, opening the door.

"Whatever. But if you get in trouble with mom and dad, I'm not saving you."

Connor huffed as she walked out the door, playing with the strap on his book bag.

"Like you ever do anyways," he muttered under his breath.

"Family problems?" Jared asked with a frown.

"You have no fucking clue... wait. Can you do me a huge favor?"

"Yeah...?"

"My family hasn't taken me to this store in months, and there's some stuff I really need."

"Sure. Why not?" Jared muttered, walking out of the school with Connor. "So... what store is it?"

Connor pursed his lips, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear.

"...Jerry's..."

Jared smirked, climbing into his SUV.

"You mean that art store at the end of the street?"

"It's for a friend, okay?" he spat out in embarrassment, sitting in the passenger seat.

"Mhmm. Sure," he snorted, pulling out of the school. "I swear. You're really just a softie under the black clothing and emo persona."

Connor scoffed.

"What makes you say that?"

"Well. First it was the Disney music, and now you're apparently an artist?"

"How in the hell did you know about the music?!" Connor flushed.

"I saw it on your phone," Jared snickered. "But why Disney?"

"I swear to god if you tell anyone about any of this, I'll beat your ass. But the songs speak to me. I usually listen to it on a bad day," Connor shrugged.

"That 'bad day' was because of me, wasn't it?" Jared frowned.

"Meh. I was already having a bad day. Besides, you weren't the only person that's mean to me. Not to mention you're taking me to Jerry's. Honestly, the fact that you wanted to apologize says a lot more than other people's actions. And I am not a softie."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Jared snorted. "But are you really picked on by that many people?"

Connor gave him a 'bitch, please,' look.

"You do know like... me, right? Emo, high school druggie, threw a printer at Mrs. G in second grade?"

"The last one you said is true, but no one knows your perspective. And those labels... do you think they're true?"

Connor shrugged, pursing his lips.

"I mean... you've seen me. I'm emo, and proud of it. But I wouldn't say I'm the high school druggie. I've done them, not often though. I don't deal 'em, and I'm not addicted, either. The only drug I've done more than twice is weed, and that's mostly to make me forget about my feelings when they become too overwhelming."

Jared nodded.

"That's what a lot of people do."

Connor raised an arched brow.

"How would you know that?"

Jared remained silent, staring at the road.

"You too?" Connor laughed.

"When I can get my hands on it, yeah. What's so funny?"

"You just don't seem like the type."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"You're a geek."

"Damn right I am. Your point is?"

"Geeks don't really... smoke."

"Not true! I do occasionally. And there's this kid, Michael, who is a huge geek and I am 99% sure he smokes."

Connor snickered, and Jared rolled his eyes as they pulled up to the store.

~~~

"Okay... do you really need all these journals?"

Connor was holding a basket, grabbing everything that stood out to him.

"One can never have too many journals, Jared. (Can I get an amen?!-) Besides, I have no idea when I'm gonna be able to come here again!" he pointed out.

Jared shrugged with a small nod.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay. That makes sense."

The emo boi scooped up a packet of markers, tossing it into the basket.

"Alright. I'm ready," he muttered, walking up to the front.

Jared followed behind, buzzing his lips and tapping his foot impatiently as Connor bought all of the objects.

Connor walked out, swinging the bag lightly and Jared trailing behind him.

"So... you wanna go home now?"

The emo boi paused, before opening the door to the passenger seat and climbing in.

"...Sure..."

"Pfft. That's a lie. How about we go to the park?"

"The park?" Connor raised an arched brow.

"Got any better ideas?" Jared asked he started the engine.

Connor remained silent picking at a nail.

"Thought so."

~~~ (Because I'm lazy.)

Jared and Connor were leaning against a tree, Connor staring up at the sky, as the other picked at the grass.

"Why do you hang out with them?" Connor cut through the silence.

"What in the hell are you talking about?"

"The popular, dumbass bullies. Why do you hang out with them?"

Jared sighed, shaking his head.

"They're popular."

"So?"

"They make me feel like... someone. Like I'm that kid with a face people will know. And yeah, people find me annoying, but it's better than no attention at all."

"Jared... that's so wrong."

"What?"

"Everybody, not even wants, needs attention. But you're getting it in a not very great way."

"I don't know how else to get it."

"Find people that you know care, and show that you care, too."

"Have you found someone like that?" Jared asked softly.

"Tch, no. I've accepted the fact that I'm not gonna get a person like that in my life."

Jared scoffed.

"Great. Now you're the one being stupid. Connor, you're just like everyone else and you have the same needs. Jesus."

Connor's brows furrowed, staring down at the grass.

"I don't know someone like that, Jared. I can't do anything about-"

"You now have a friend. That cares."

The emo boi looked at Jared in surprise, smiling slightly.

"You have one too."

(FREEZE YOUR BRAIN!!!!!!!! Lmao. That song just came on. I had to- shit, DON'T OPEN A VEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN- I CAN'T STOP ACK-)

He looked back up at the sky as Jared smiled to himself.

"And you're sure you don't want to go home? Like... out of all places and who you could be with, you want to be here?" Jared questioned.

Connor raised an arched brow, looking back down at the cronch boi again.

"Honestly? There's no where else I'd rather be."

Jared laughed quietly in surprise, smiling brighter.

"Me too."

1724 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
45.7K 888 21
I made the cover! PARTS GET BETTER AS I CONTINUE!! Every part takes me 3-7 days or more (mainly because i wanna write ones with 1000+ words, or i mig...
67.4K 2.3K 20
Sapnap wants a break from his life and meets a boy who wants to aswell. They both hangout together until sapnap begins to develop feelings. DISCLAIME...
227K 8.6K 35
【Completed】 This is a fanfiction of Evan and Connor from Dear Evan Hansen. Treebros, correct? Connor Murphy starts to hang out with Evan Hansen. He w...