Pretending To Live(Liam Payne...

By sarahgurl34

Being a teenager is tough. It's even worse when you're being abused by both parents, have to take care of you... More

Pretending To Live(Liam Payne/ One Direction fanfic)
Her Paradise
Hospitalized
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR??!!!
STOOD UP?!!??
Will you be my girlfriend?
Relaxed
Confessions
Blink Of An Eye
It's All My Fault
What did he do??
Missed
Restless
How could he???
Boss Lady
I'm Sorry
Time Flies
Questions and HIM
BANG
Finally Admitted
Slipping
I'm so sorry....
Her heart before mine
Comfort
BIG Shock
Broken
Shared Birthday
Stephen Watson
Our Future

Awkward

1.4K 22 1
By sarahgurl34

Out of the stories I need to update, this one I did because I had the chapter already written. Be patient with the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah's POV~

I rolled around to my side, only to be trapped by strong arms wrapped around my waist. I gently removed Liam's arms around me and jumped out of the bed, making sure the wires were out of my arms before I ran to the bathroom. I let a sigh of relief when I finished disposing the remaining contents from last night's dinner. I was about to stand up when I felt nauseas again, so I just stayed there.

Liam walked in and stared at me worried, he squatted behind me and held my hair, rubbing my back"what happened? Was it something you ate?"

I shook my head as I tried to stand up"I don't even know, I'm not sure at this point." I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I started to make my way back to the bed when Liam picked me up and carried me instead. I smiled at him in thanks when he layed me down on his chest.

His arms were wrapped around me"why don't you sleep? I'll be here when you wake up and I will place a bucket by your side just in case." I nodded and closed my eyes.

I am the type of person that is in deep sleep, but can hear everything around me. Since I fell asleep, Liam has been watching The Looney Toons Show and Spongebob. Him laughing did not bother me, I often smiled when I felt his hand trace my face. The next thing I heard was their voices and a camera man, along with her agent and several police officers.

"who are you and what is going on?" I heard Liam ask.

I heard her horrible laugh"we're Sarah's parents and the world deserves to know what is going on with our daughter while we've been away."

I moved out of Liam's arms"I don't want the world to know what I'm going through!!" They were startled when I spoke.

My mother quickly rushed to me"oh my beautiful daughter, what happened to you?" She looked me dead in the eyes, glaring at me as she hugged me tight.

Awkwardly, I put my arms around her"I'm fine, mother." I looked into the camera, I turned to Liam who was standing on the side, I pointed to the chair and he sat down.

Pulling away, she saw Liam"oh hi there, are you Sarah's boyfriend?"

Liam didn't seem to know what to say, so I spoke"this is Liam, he's one fifth of the band One Direction. And no he's not, not yet anyways." I smiled his way.

My father placed a hand on Liam's shoulder"I don't care if you are famous, don't lay a hand on my daughter and don't pressure her or else...well you don't want to know what will happen."

Liam nodded"I wouldn't dream of it. I have and will always respect Sarah's boundaries."

He roughly squeezed Liam's shoulder as he turned to face me"good, now I want you all to leave my wife and I alone with our daughter for a minute. No peeking."

They all left and Liam got up"I am going to get something to eat, can I get you anything Mr. and Mrs. Watson?" They shook their heads. Before he left, he kissed my cheek.

After she locked the door, my father's hand connected with my left cheek"what the hell were you thinking you dumb little tramp??!!! Sleeping with a celebrity, going to his house, and have him take care of you in a hospital with cameras outside. Did you not think we would find out?"

"I did NOT sleep with him and we like each other, what's wrong with that?" Was my answer.

She laughed"you are so naive. A guy like that has no interest in you and he will do anything not to get stuck by making a stupid mistake."

I looked down"meaning you and dad had to get married because I was a mistake." I felt her hand on my shoulder, but I moved it away"just leave me alone."

"Sarah, yo-"

I stopped her"just go, leave the mistake alone."

I saw him grab her hand"we will sign your release papers, tell Liam and the other members of the band that they are invited to dinner." He said before leaving.

Taking a pillow, I put it over my head and screamed into it, tears steaming down my face. Not sure how long I was crying because when I stopped and removed the pillow, there were many pairs of feet in front of my bed. My gaze shifted up and met the worried faces of the boys, along with Paul and Josh, and a few others.

Wiping my eyes, someone sat next to me and it was Alex. He got in my lap and I hugged him tight. His little arms were wrapped around me, he kissed my cheek and whispering in my ears, telling me that everything will be okay and told me that he liked spending time with Niall, Zayn, Louis and Harry.

I laughed"what did you do?" I asked him, clearing my throat.

"They got me food, we watched tv, Niall taught me how to play a chord on the guitar, and we had a dance battle. I won." He told me and we all laughed.

I smiled"thank you for taking care of him." They nodded.

Niall picked him up"he can eat, which is great. Except I don't want him to eat all my food."

Alex patted his shoulder"don't worry, I'll save you the stuff I don't like."

Niall shook his head"how about we take half and half?" Alex smiled and nodded.

I looked around and finally noticed the extra faces. It was Eleanor, Perrie, and Danielle. I gulped, looking down feeling sorry for myself when I saw the look on their faces as they looked at me.

Liam came back in the room and stopped once he saw Danielle, they exchanged a smile and hug. He walked over to the bed"how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Oh, my parents invited you all to dinner tonight." Alex quickly stared at me, his eyes were pleading with mine. My gaze shifted to the girls"you are more than welcomed to come."

Eleanor smiled"sounds great, I'm Eleanor by the way."

I laughed"introductions aren't necessary, I know who you all are." I said the last part, smiling at Danielle"well I'm gonna get change and then I can leave this hell hole." Getting up gently, holding the back of gown, before running to the bathroom. I put on the big gray sweatpants and sweatshirt Gaby brought me, I couldn't find my bra so that will be interesting.

The doctor came back in the room and checked on me, making sure everything was alright. Apparently she was my doctor when the boys brought me to the hospital.

When we got outside, paparazzi was everywhere. Liam shielded me and Alex was with Niall, Paul had brought a van up front and we got inside. I gave Paul directions to my house and I took a deep breath as he pulled up to the front gate.

I got out and put in the code. Charlie came on the intercom"Sarah, good to have you back. Your parents aren't here yet, let me open the gate for you." I got back in the van. Paul drove to the front of the house, I heard ooo's and wows.

I lived in a mansion, more of a palace if you tell me. We have a gate, security guards, maids and butlers, personal chefs, a nanny for Alex. There is fifteen bedrooms and sixteen bathrooms. In total, there is forty four rooms. We have an indoor and outdoor pool, three jacuzzis. There is a six car garage. A fountain in the front surrounded by an imported flower garden. There is even a valet, a hairstylist, make up artist, and a personal fashion stylist, it's ridiculous.

We all got out and I saw them looking the house in amazement. I laughed. Liam turned to me"what kind of jobs do your parents have?"

Ronald opened the door for us and Betty came in with a tray of brownies in one hand and pigs in a blankets with the other hand. I shook my head at them"I told you guys don't have to do that, I'm not my parents." I faced Liam"my mom is a model, owns her own fashion lines. My dad was a former model, then he became a police officer and now he's the chief."

Yup, my mom is a model slash designer and my dad is the chief of police, how ironic. He tries to stop bad guys when he's one, hiding behind a uniform.

The boys looked at me shocked and I just nodded"follow me upstairs or you can just go to the music room or the fashion room?" I pointed to the room down the hallway and the basement door where the music room was located, I don't go in there and I haven't for eight years.

Eleanor, Perrie, and Danielle went to the fashion room. Zayn, Louis, Harry, Niall, Alex, Josh, and Paul went to the music room. It was just me and Liam. I took his hand and led him to my room, going up the three set of stairs. We were out of breath when we reached my room, I opened the door and walked in.

My room was really big, the size of two big bedrooms. It was painted a nice light mocha color. My bed, dresser, armoire, desk, night stands were white. I had a flat screen hanging above the dresser, a mirror above my armoire. I had lamps on both dressers, a lamp on the desk with my iPad 2 and Mac Air. The bed was a queen size, my mattress was tempurpedic, I love my mattress and there were four pillows, minus the decorative pillows. On one side of my room was only for my posters. I had Cena, Sheamus, Randy, Punk, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Michael Trevino, Taylor Lautner, other wrestlers, and obviously A LOT OF ONE DIRECTION posters. I had my own bathroom which had a separate shower and tub.

Liam saw my wall and smirked"so you never mentioned that you were a directioner?"

I shrugged"you never asked and it's best not to get me started."

He laughed, noticing the caption"so were sex gods?"

I hit his chest"shut up!"

He moved closer to me, wrapping his arms around me, looking me in the eyes"tell me the truth, I'm not gonna laugh."

I didn't say anything, I only leaned closer and kissed him. Liam didn't hesitate to kiss me back as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. One of his hands rested on my hip and the other was on my back. The kiss was only heating up by the second, he was a really good kisser and I was enjoying myself more than I should, well I'm not sure how much I should enjoy kissing Liam.

"Oh sorry." We pulled away and I saw Betty standing there, embarrassed"your parents said to be ready in forty-five minutes. The older gentleman that came with you left to get the others clothes. Do you need me to show the young ladies the main closet?"

I nodded"thank you Betty, I don't know what I would do without you." I smiled at her and she returned it, leaving the room. I turned to Liam"I guess I should take a shower." He nodded. I kissed his cheek before I went to the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I put my hair in a bun and a plastic bag around my cast. I took a long hot shower, I eventually washed my hair with my vanilla shampoo and conditioner, then I shaved. I got out and dried off, moisturizing, then blow dried my hair. I left the bathroom and re-entered my bedroom, Liam was gone, but I heard the shower in the hallway bathroom.

I entered my closet and went to my underwear section, I picked out a regular black strapless bra and black lacy boy shorts. Then I went to my dress section, looking at my options, I chose my gold Lurex crossed strapless dress. I matched it with my nude studded peep toe pumps, also with my ivory quilted chain crossbody bag. My dresses, shoes, and bags were mostly from Wet Seal. I didn't do much with my hair, I just ran a comb through it and some hair moose. I put on deodorant and sprayed my Beyonce Heat perfume, I love that perfume.

I stared at my reflection and smiled, not really caring about my black eyes, I was not going to wear make up to cover it up, I only applied my hot coco lip gloss. I felt confident as I left my room, I think I took longer than I was supposed to because no one was there. Liam came out of the kitchen, he stopped once he saw me, then smiled and held out his hand for me.

Taking in his appearance, I smiled"you look good." He was wearing a black tux, the top three buttons on his dress shirt were left unbuttoned.

His thumb traced my hand"you look beautiful, we should get going because everyone else left since we took longer to get ready." I laughed as we headed out, a town car was waiting for us outside. I sighed, I hated being treated like this.

The driver took us to a restaurant that was twenty-five minutes away from the house. Paparazzi stood outside, taking pictures of anyone that walked past them. Liam opened the door for me and once he helped me out, they attacked us. Thankfully there were police officers there; the officers made a barricade around us, allowing us to enter the restaurant. The female hostess led us to the table where everyone was gathered. There were only two seats left; one next to my mother, the other was in between Niall and Zayn. I was going to sit in between Niall and Zayn when my mother said to sit next to her, sending a forceful look my way. I obliged, not wanting a beating.

She took my hand in hers" you look beautiful, you all do. I think it's best if we got to know everybody a little bit." Everyone went, it was stupid since I knew most of them, DIRECTIONER. Lol, I laughed to myself. My mother looked at me then back at her guests"did you know that Sarah is a former model?"

They looked shocked. Harry faced me "really?" I reluctantly nodded.

"yes and she can sing, cook, speaks more than three languages, act, dance, plays the guitar and piano, and other instruments. You should sing a song." My mother said as the waiters placed our foods in front of us.

I put my head down"it's all in the past, it's all irrelevant. Writing is my life now."

She looked at me shocked"since when? You are going to Juilliard right?" I shook my head. She finally let go of my hand"and when did you plan on telling us this?"

I shrugged"I'm eighteen and the thought never occurred to me since neither of you were able to come to the meeting anyways."

"Why would it have never occurred to you? You are not an adult, you are just a stupid girl wasting her time on none sense. Do you know who become writers?" My father paused"losers, people who have nothing better to do with their life. You have your whole life ahead of you, so many opportunities and you want to waste it writing. HA, over my dead body."

I said nothing, pushing my plate out of the way. I felt the hot burning sensation in my throat as I tried not to cry, tears started forming but I kept them back. Thinking can't show weakness in front of them or else it would all be worse.

Someone cleared their throat"so Mrs. Watson, Sarah tells me you are a model and that you have your own fashion label?" Asked Liam. Our eyes met and he smiled at me, I silently thanked him.

My mother nodded"yes and I've been trying to get your girlfriend here model too after she quit, maybe you can talk to her. Now tell me, what do you think about Sarah being a writer?"

THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST DINNER OF MY LIFE!!!

I tensed, everyone was now looking at Liam"I believe she has what it takes, we all must follow our dreams and dreams can become reality if you believe and are willing to work hard for success. The world needs writers, the world needs Sarah. You have to..." He stopped once he saw the look on my face"never mind."

My father laughed"that son is the funniest thing I've ever heard, who in their right minds would need our sad excuse of a daughter."

I faced them"don't you mean the mistake that ruined your life?" They stopped laughing, looking at each other. I got up"here's me thinking this is only tough love, I'll sing a stupid song for you." I stormed up to the stage, talking to the band that was set up there. I was thankful that they knew how the song went. I stood in front of the mic, clearing my throat because I didn't trust my voice after eight years without singing.

Taking a deep breath, I began"Listen to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete
Listen to the sound from deep within
It's only beginning to find release."

Looking at them I continued" listen to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete
Listen to the sound from deep within
It's only beginning to find release
You should have listened, there is someone here inside
Someone I thought had died so long ago
Oh, I'm screaming out and my dreams'll be heard
They will not be pushed aside on words
Into your own all 'cause you won't
Listen
Listen, I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried to say what's on mind
You should have known
Oh, now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice.."

I couldn't continue. They wanted me to sing and now they were just sitting there, looking at their phones. I ran off stage and into the streets, I didn't care about the pictures that were being taken of me. Someone pulled me back and I started protesting, not wanting anyone to see me, but I was only pushed into a warm chest.

I looked up and saw that it was Liam who was trying to comfort me. He saw that I was looking at him, not saying a word as he placed his tux jacket over my shoulders and he kissed my forehead before we started walking.

Liam's POV~

I watched Sarah's performance and it was heartbreaking once I saw that she was crying. She had an angel's voice. Her mother wanted her to sing yet they weren't even paying attention to her performance, they didn't even care when she ran off stage.

The lads and I just stared at her parents, who were currently on their phones. Shaking my head, I ran out after Sarah. I found her by the door, being eaten by the paps as she cried. I got her out of there, but she was putting up a fight hitting and screaming, and she seemed to calm when she noticed it was me. I held her close as she cried, placing my jacket over her shoulders once I saw goosebumps on her arms.

I checked my pockets for money and I found a twenty dollar bill, I called for a taxi and gave the driver directions to the flat, I payed him once we arrived.

I helped Sarah out of the vehicle"Sarah, are you okay?"

No response...

We went inside and I stared at her when we were in the lift. Sarah's head was down, but her arms and body were wrapped tightly around mine, almost like a small child. It stopped and we got off, I sat on the couch with her on my lap.

She buried her face in the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent"thank you."

"I meant what I said; you have potential in writing and as a singer. Why did you stop singing and modeling?" I didn't mean to pry.

We made eye contact"well it was never something I wanted to do, I forced. After a while, I got tired of it all and I lost interest because I liked doing both at first." I traced small patterns on her back, she continued"even though I was like ten at the time, I knew my heart didn't approve and it wasn't for me. Constantly surrounded by people who don't care about you, they just used you, they can make and break you with the simplest sentence or look."

"I understand how that feels now. I'm just thankful to have the boys with me and Paul, they are now my family and I try to watch their backs too. Hopefully I can have your back." I replied.

A smile appeared on her face, a beautiful smile to be exact"and I'll have yours, Daddy Direction." Her eyes sparkled as she laughed, it melted my heart.

I kissed her cheek"why don't we change and I'll get you something to eat, I noticed that you didn't eat your dinner and I want you to go to sleep with something in your system." The beautiful smile widened as she nodded.

I went into my room to change and came hack out, leaving clothes by the bathroom door for Sarah. She came out and ran towards me, I quickly caught and spun her around, her leg accidentally hit the radio that was by the couch, it turned on and Let Me Love You( Until You Learn To Love Yourself) by Ne-Yo came on.

Sarah smiled"I love this song, Ne-Yo is such an amazing artist."

I placed a hand on her lower back, pulling her body close to mine and gently took her left hand in mind, trying to hold it as we started to sway to the music. Sarah wrapped her arms around my neck, her head rested on my chest and both my hands were on her waist.

I couldn't help but smile to myself, having Sarah this close felt right, it wasn't embarrassing. Sighing, I closed my eyes and enjoyed our dance. Songs after songs, we were still dancing. I am pretty sure that Sarah fell asleep.

"Can I have the next dance?" Asked Niall. Him, Zayn, Harry, Lou, Perrie, Eleanor, Paul, and Danielle were standing by the door, watching us.

I shook my head"sorry, were going to bed. Sarah fell asleep."

"I'm wide awake." I heard Sarah say.

I looked down to see her staring up at me"you were so quiet, I thought you fell asleep. Well I'm going to bed, you remember where the room is right?" She nodded and I kissed her forehead, before I said goodnight to everyone else.

Not long after I got in the bed, I saw Sarah come in the room, getting in bed with me. Her arms wrapped around me and I couldn't help but pull her closer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 154 42
"When do you feel the least broken?" "When I'm with you." Cameron Elisa Taylor, an orphan at 20, is convinced her happiness is over. Music is the onl...
100K 1.7K 22
Liam Payne has been secretly dating his One Direction band mate, Niall Horan, for months. Now that they've helped fix Louis and Harry's relationship...
61.2K 626 24
I finished editing the story guys (: I tried fixing everything I could, thank you so much. This is a story about Danielle jones an 18 year old girl...
5.8K 315 30
"How can you fix something that's not only broken, but completely shattered?", she asked. "I don't know. But I'll try.", he promised. DISCLAIMER: the...