Not who they thought

By ButterflyLove92

After being rejected by her mate, Cassandra ran away. She bumped into another pack and they accept her but tw... More

Not who they thought 1
Not who they thought 2
Not who they thought 3
Not who they thought 4
Not who they thought 5
Not who they thought 6
Not who they thought 7
Not who they thought 8
Not who they thought 9
Not who they thought 10
Not who they thought 11
Not who they thought 12
Not who they thought 13
Not who they thought 15
Not who they thought 16

Not who they thought 14

1.9K 38 7
By ButterflyLove92

Chapter 14

Gabriel POV:

I knew I screwed up again, I knew it the moment that Brittany clutched onto me. Hell I didn’t even wanted her to touch me. Since Cassie came back I couldn’t even look at another girl anymore. I wanted her so much but I know that I can’t push her. All I could do was showing her who I really was. Who I had become in her absence.

The only thing I really wanted was this girl, the girl who made me a better man. The one that would stand beside me, being my alpha female. She was everything I wanted and even more. I wanted to be her light in the dark. However I knew that I royally screwed up and I didn’t even know how to approach her.

Then there was the thing about her being higher than an alpha. I had to admit that the power she had poured out of her veins. Only by looking at her you could see that she was no longer that happy girl that I knew years ago and I was afraid that it was my fault.

By seeing her pack around her you could see the respect they had for her. The looked at her as if she was the most precious thing and the world. But at the same time they acted a certain way that made my hears stand up. She respected the fact that Roman was there alpha and that she belonged to their pack but you could see that Roman would do exactly what she told them to do.

Every single one of her pack acted as if she was a queen. I would say. Like a good queen obviously one that respected the one under her but showed authority when needed.

Still deeply in thought I walked upstairs to my bedroom. The party was obviously over. While passing her room I halted for a second, listening to her soft breathing. I could tell that she wasn’t sleeping very well and felt tempted to go inside to hold her. The thought of sleeping next to her only made me more miserable than anything else seeing as I screwed up that chance two years ago. I didn’t even know why I rejected her, but I could tell now that it was the most stupid thing I ever did and I did many stupid things.

I walked into my room and was instantly surprised by the sight; Brittany was lying on my bed as if she owned the place. I had to admit that I had quite a bit of fun with her but she could never stand up to the standards of Cassandra. She would never have the aura of kindness and love that hung around her. She could never even look as good as Cassandra who looked absolutely gorgeous, graceful, sexy and I think that I could continue with my list for a long time.

Brittany on the other hand looked like a cheap slut; she was dressed in a tight red dress that clung onto her body making her look slutty. She didn’t have the natural beauty which graced Cassie. I couldn’t help but shudder in disgust looking at her.

She sat there pouting as if she thought that she actually was sexy, it only made her look like a hooker. While I stood completely still in the opening of my bedroom she walked over to me swaying her hips abusively still trying the sexy look but miserably failing. She came and stand before and placed her hands on me. I took it as my cue to push her away seeing as her hands on me completely disgusted me.

“Brittany, we have to talk. It’s really important.” I said in a soothing voice knowing what was going to come.

“Mmh I know what you want, handsome. You want me to take care of you don’t you?” she said while purring overly as if her life depended on her. I watched her as she strolled to the bed and climbed onto it.

“No, Brittany it isn’t that. We have to talk about something much more important. You can’t come in my room again. I have a mate and even if she doesn’t want me I won’t disrespect her or abandon my quest in claiming her heart. You also have to stop saying that you’re an alpha female because you aren’t and never will at least not of this pack. Do you understand?”

I watched her while everything I said was sinking in. I saw her face go from worried too happy to disappointment to absolutely furious.

“What the hell you don’t want me? I gave you everything I had, you were going to make me alpha female.” She yelled while swinging with her arms around.

“No Brittany that was the thing I hoped but you knew I had a mate. You figured it out so you also had to know that you couldn’t be alpha female.” I whispered hoping that the soothing in my voice would have an effect on her. But she continued yelling.

“Of course I knew that the whore was your mate but you rejected her. You didn’t want her why would you want her now? We could make and absolutely amazing alpha couple and you wouldn’t need to be with the nobody. You don’t need her Gabriel you’ve got me. I’m so much better than that little trash.”

That moment hearing her insult my mate I completely lost it and started yelling at her.

“You’re nothing like her and she isn’t a nobody. She’s the best goddamn thing that could ever happen to me and I completely screwed it up. You haven’t found yours yet but the day you will find him you’ll understand what it means to have a mate. To have a single, unique person in this world from whom you know that she will love you and that she will be by your side. I screwed that up so before yelling at me because you won’t be alpha female you should think about him and about the fact that one day you’ll find him. Now leave me the hell alone and don’t try anything again. Oh and by the way insult my mate again and you will be sanctioned.” I was completely lost and watched her leaving my room while whimpering and crying. I did feel sorry for her but I just couldn’t stand the fact that she insulted my mate.

Not only that but the fact that it was slightly going better between me and Cassandra and she had to ruin it. Yeah I didn’t miss the murderous glance Cassie gave us earlier.

I went to take my shower to calm myself down before going to bed. All the while preparing myself I couldn’t stop thinking about what Roman said about his pack. I already knew that something was up but hell I didn’t know what and I started to make me crazy.

What is it about her and what is it about the elders? When are they going to come down here and what is so important? Why does Cassandra needs a pack that protects her? What does that all mean? What in the name of god could she be that is higher in ranking than the elders? I never heard anything like that. With all those questions running through my head I went to bed in the hope of getting some sleep.

Cassandra POV:

I woke up in the middle of the night because of some noise in the corridors. I stepped out of bed and stretched feeling my muscles aches. Guess I didn’t sleep that well. Looking at my clock in noticed that it wasn’t morning but still late in the night.

‘Boys?’ I asked them in the hope that I wasn’t the only one awake.

‘Yeah babe?’ I heard Roman say with a voice thick of sleep.

‘What the hell is happening?’

‘Well from what I hear it’s Gabriel yelling at someone.’ Roman answered.

Suddenly I heard Brittany yelling. Yeah I thought sarcastically of course it’s talking about me. Why don’t wake the whole house up to let everybody know that the asshole was my mate. I started listening in.

“Of course I knew that the whore was your mate but you rejected her. You didn’t want her why would you want her now?” Of course she had to point out the obviously. Stupid bitch. Urg I absolutely couldn’t stand the girl.

“We could make and absolutely amazing alpha couple and you wouldn’t need to be with the nobody. You don’t need her Gabriel you’ve got me. I’m so much better than that little trash.” She thought she would be a great alpha female. What the fuck the only person she would look after was herself and looking at her, she didn’t really did a great job so.

The thing that shocked me the most but kind of made my smile was what I heard after Brittany’s ugly yelling.

“You’re nothing like her and she isn’t a nobody. She’s the best goddamn thing that could ever happen to me and I completely screwed it up. You haven’t found yours yet but the day you will find him you’ll understand what it means to have a mate. To have a single, unique person in this world from whom you know that she will love you and that she will be by your side. I screwed that up so before yelling at me because you won’t be alpha female you should think about him and about the fact that one day you’ll find him. Now leave me the hell alone and don’t try anything again. Oh and by the way insult my mate again and you will be sanctioned.”

I stood alone in my room processing the words I just heard. I started smiling inwardly and heard my wolf purr inside from the compliments from her mate. Of course she was already completely in love with him. I blamed the fact that we wolves had mates else she wouldn’t be in love. I kind of knew that I was lying to myself trying to maintain my dignity seeing that he rejected me. But even I had to admit that it was nice hearing him like that.

‘Babe, quite a show your mate gave, didn’t you think?’ Roman asked and I could hear in the tone of his voice that he was smirking at me.

‘Yeah, yeah whatever it’s not like it affected me or something.’ I tried going for the option of lying but failed when I heard him laughing.

‘Hey Cassandra think what you want but I know that you’re smiling at yourself right now and hell it’s your right. He’s after all your mate, what doesn’t mean that I like him. I still hate him for what he did to you.’

‘Thanks Roman; but I’m going to sleep now. I kind of exhausted and we still have school.’ I sighed knowing that I would never fall asleep easily but might as well try.

‘Night babe, sleep tight and dream about lover boy.’ Roman said while laughing.

‘Laugh all you want, I don’t car. Night’ I crawled in my bed and fell asleep after a few hours of turning and tossing. 

hey, first off all thanks everybody for reading this i really really appreciate it. I really love you all and love reading you commentary's.

secondly I know that this chapter was short but I really wanted you people too see the otherside of Gabriel which of course doesn't mean that they will get together. Well i don't really know what next seeing as I invent my story's chapter by chapter so it will also be a surprise for me :) 

thirdly I really hope you'll like it ^^ so comment me or vote 

Loves ButterflyLove92

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490K 16.3K 25
Jane is bullied and made fun of everyday for being 'too fat'. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't say anything about her weight. One day, Jane dec...
458K 16.6K 19
When your mate rejects you, five years is all you have to find your second chance or you die. When Lilly is rejected on her 17th birthday she makes t...
632K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
1.5M 56.1K 30
Ashton Black. A 17 year old homophobe who's been waiting for his mate since he was 16. He's soon to be alpha and in a relationship with the most beau...