Band of brothers Ronal...

By Grudzia46

[It was a normal quiet night for Officer Speirs...until he heard shuffling in the aid station.] Ronald Speirs... More

『 Meeting 』
『 Memories 』
『 Where's the healer, There's the killer 』
『 A wolf between sheep 』
『 We're connected 』
『 You're different 』
『 Real War 』
『 My kind 』
『 Secrets 』
『 Let's help each other out 』
『 One fuck up, Ash 』
Important note
『 Market Garden 』
Some prompts

『 Flames 』

227 7 0
By Grudzia46

"Bluefox, Lipton. You will be taking care of the TNT. Right behind us there will be four medic if you need help. Just shout." Winters instructed looking at everyone.

"Sweet." Ashley replied looking around with a small smile.

Her expression changed when she saw Speirs staring at her, puffing out clouds of smoke.

She blushed slightly, remembering the night in England.

"EASY COMPANY, WE'RE MOVING!" They took off to destroy the German gun emplacements at Brécourt.

"Captain! Your plan is great and all, but I know how to destroy them." She walked to Winters showing her arrow with an added tnt to it.

"It's like shooting a normal arrow, but because it weights more I need to aim higher. I've got this. I even made Thicker arrows so that they won't break!" She said with no hesitation in her voice.

Richard thought about this.

"Okayy, so what's your plan then?". He asked taking some ammunition.

"Well, it will go as you planned. Some will shoot krauts for distraction. I will climb the biggest tree and fire the shots." Ashley explained.

"If things won't go as planned, I have plan B. Going there by myself." She added slowly.

Winters just looked at her, nodding slowly.

"Okay. Just, be careful okay?" He asked putting hands on her shoulders and shaking her slightly.

  "y'know the best thing is that they won't even think about this move. Everyone thinks it's stupid to use arrows these days.
Only guns and the best equipment. But sometimes old methods are the best methods, remember that captain." Smiling proudly she said before leaving to train a little for the upcoming war.

。・°°・・°°・。

"Shit! Shit, shit."

Ashley blew out two guns before she was spotted, now they're not aiming at the Utah beach, they're aiming at her.

After few shots they got her tree.
She received a few big and small cuts.

Nothing new.

'Okay. Plan B then.' Ash thought taking out 4 tnt and running into their base, firing in front of her, so that smoke could cover her.

Killing Germans on the way with her arrow and switchblade. She had a lot of trick under her sleeve with this beauties.

In 20 minutes she was done. She blew out the last gun.

Ash didn't had much time to hide from the explosion and in return she got some burned marks here and there.

She took of her army shirt, leaving herself only in her dark sleeveless t-shirt.

"Ash! You alright?" Asked Winters coming to help her up.

"The mission was successful. We won!" He said smiling at her.

"I told you so. It means that you're a good leader." She patted him on the shoulder and went to their group, praising people.

"Hey Ash, look who I got." Said Lipton, gesturing to his woman.

Maya.

"Oh Ash, sit I will help you." She quickly walked with aid kit to Ashley
And crouched on her right side.

"It's good to see you too, Maya. How are you doing? And Ann?" Bluefox asked, looking as her friend did her work.

"Don't worry, most of the nurses survived. You are more in danger here than we are. I should be the one worrying about you but.." she said, stopping halfway to tear a bandage.

"I know that you hate when someone is worrying about you. So I try not to." Liam chuckled nervously.

The sergeant smiled at that  "damn right. It gives me bad luck."

"How's Lipton and the others?" Asked Ash looking around the people.

"Just some major bruises. I t h i n k that one private from A company is dead? But I'm not sure." The medic responded, helping her friend to get up.

"Here, Your bow. You can use it as one of the crutches." The brown girl suggested.

Ashley just hummed in understanding.

***

Somehow Nix took Winters with a tank, he wanted Ashley too but with her bruises it was better for her to go with Speirs, by car, again.

The others went by trucks to our drop zone, where we had an hour to help ourself with food and other things.

While walking through the town Ashley somewhere heard laugher -girlish and boyish.

Remembering Maya, Ann and other privates who were lucky to survive.

there were also places where you could hear only screams, she thought about Eugene and his nightmares.

Ash just limped back to Ron's car and sat on the front seat, observing the burning town on the other side.

"When this is over, I'll buy myself a piece of ground and stay there the rest of my life." Dick quietly said standing next to the sergeant.

"I will probably do what I was doing before..." She replied, mostly to herself.

"Aren't you sick of that?" He asked looking at her with confusion in his eyes.

"Maybe, but it's the only thing I'm good at... Y'know I wish I could blame it on my mental illness. But probably, the truth is... I am just a horrible person, I feel like I should have never existed." She said slowly, tears falling down her cheeks.

It was too much for her.

"I want to die, so badly. I deserve this death, here, at war. But some of us don't. It's just the stupid pride of being a soldier." She added, looking her captain into eyes.

Richard just nodded at that, putting a hand on her shoulder.

Winters realized that Speirs had been there all the time, just behind.

Watching them with his deadly look patted her shoulder murmuring a goodnight and went his way, nodding at Ron.

The officer slowly sat next to Ash. Crossing his arms he put his head on her shoulder, snuggling into her a little.

Bluefox just sat there, flinching.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you." He said, feeling her tensed muscles.

Somehow, she trusted him. It scared her the most, the trust that she gave him already.

"Hey... I mean it." He said reassuring her with his deep voice.

"Heard you destroyed one battery in a few minutes." Ashley tried to start a conversation.

"Yeah, it felt like seconds actually. What's it to you sergeant?"

"Let's just go to sleep." She quietly responded turning her back against him.

Ron just sighted and leaned on her back, looking at the shiny stars.

Ashley on the other side, looked into the fire, who swallowed everything around there in its flames.

"It's terrifying but somehow beautiful, right?" The Officer asked in a hushed tone.

"the fire or stars?" Ash playfully asked.

"The rumors." Saying that, he got up and took of his jacket, covering the little woman with it.

"Aren't you going to sleep? You will be tired tomorrow, and those major wounds won't heal properly." She pointed out the consequences, slightly shocked by his behavior.

"don't worry. It's not that bad. I want to stay up a little longer, y'know. Enjoy the view as it lasts." He chuckled slightly at the end and gestured to the burning city.

"Night."

"Goodnight kiddo."

Bluefox turned on her other side facing Speirs, he could literally see the angry vein on her forehead.

"Stop calling me a kid! I'm already nineteen years old. Geez, you men are horrible."

The Officer smiled at that.

"Yeah just you wait, I'm worse than those krauts." He said pointing his finger at her.

The sharp shooter just rolled her eyes and murmured a final goodnight before going to sleep.

Speirs gave her last short smile before taking out his cigarettes. Smoking, enjoying both of the views.

—_—_—_—

"ASHLEY! We're going!" Welsh yelled looking at the laying Officer.

She silently saluted him and went with the group, saying some puns with George here and there.

Slowly walking around the small flames, Ash took notice of her surroundings.

Mostly everything was on fire here. The enemies laying dead every ten steps you take.

"Shiit." The sergeant looked at Welsh with a curiosity.

"We lost them again."

"Goddamnit." Ashley hissed softly, kicking a small rock.

The lieutenant ordered two privates to go look for Fox company.

"What's the hold up?" Asked Winters nodding to Frank and Bluefox.

"We lost'em" Ashley replied irritated.

Nixon joined them "Again?"

The two of them slowly nodded.

"Alright, let's keep going." Welsh said walking away.

In the forest we found Blithe, who took us to the other company.

Lew started explaining the meaning of the Germans flower.

"It's quite a beauty' Ash admitted.

"Smartass." She grumbled to Lewis as she was passing by.

He just rolled his eyes and playfully kicked her in the ass.

***

They arrived at the Carentan.

It was a small and quiet town.

Winters ordered for the first platoon to go.

"Go! Go! Go!" And with that they went.

They, means Welsh, Ash and George, also two other privates who got killed on the way.

"Fuck!"

"Shit! Where are they?!"

"I don't know!"

Bluefox could hear the two soldiers yelling at each other.

They were on her left, hiding behind a different building, panicking.

"George! Cover me!"
Not even waiting for an answer she ran.

Speeding at the building, she threw four Grenades- two in each hand-into windows on the first floor.

Doing a front flip the soldier hit the building wall, avoiding all the bullets.

At firsts she thought that everything went fine, she even had this small victory voice in her head.

It was all bright and shine until she wanted to take a deep breath, feeling a horrible pain in the areas of chest and neck, looking down...

'Shit'.

Seeing the gushing blood on her collarbone, made her dizzy.

"Medic!" Yelled Luz seeing Ashley's state.

Her eyelids were getting a lot heavier.

It was hard for her to not close her eyes, the tiredness overtook her at last.

Ash could see Eugene running to her side, his trembling lips and hands that ripped her uniform, him telling her that everything will be alright.

She also saw those flames, those beautiful, dangerous flames.

With him by her side, with the scenery she was in, she felt at peace.

She closed her eyes, smiling faintly at the fire and saying her famous line. "I told you so..."
.
..
...

"YOUNG LAD, DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME, TO US! YOU HEAR ME?!"

♨︎♨︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 65 18
I put on the uniform and damn, I looked good. I found an easy band-aid and wrapped it over my chest, which made it smaller. My hair was in a tight bu...
92 10 12
It's been five years since the events of the Spencer mansion, not to mention the catastrophe of Raccoon city. A ton can change in five years, especia...
3.4K 60 6
When stassy thinks she doesn't need a man but ends up realising she just needs the man that wants her. Can they make it work or will people and thing...
9.2K 420 20
A determined and passionate soul, Josephine Lambert enlisted in the Nurse Corps stationed with the 101st Airborne. Josephine was skilled, surpassing...